57 | The Awkward

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
I rest my chin on the table lazily, taking a quick glance at the clock. Fifteen minutes have passed since I wait for Junhyung because I have a training session with him today. 
 
Where is he actually?
 
Actually I know that he has a really busy schedule lately. BEAST has to do their routine dance practice, record the new tracks that I've finished with Junhyung, and attend the interview plus variety shows on TV respectively.
 
It sounds impossible already that they still have time to train the new trainees like me. I don't think they even have enough time to rest.
 
Since I have no idea what I can do to spend my waiting time, I take a blank paper along with a pen and start to write random things on it.
 
"Kim Rima...," I murmur and write my own name on the paper. I give some space and write another name next to mine, "Lee Gikwang..."
 
As if I'm forming a triangle with the words, I write another name below carefully, "Yong Junhyung..."
 
I prop my chin on my hand and stare at the three names for a while. I start to draw a line from my name to Gikwang, giving an arrow sign near his name. I also draw a line from his name to mine.
 
After drawing a heart sign on the line, I make a big cross, a sign that the relationship of love doesn't exist anymore.
 
The next thing I do is drawing a line from my name to Junhyung and write the word 'trainee' on the line. I draw the last line from his name to mine but end up write nothing.
 
"What am I doing?" I scoff, feeling like an idiot all of a sudden. Looks like my mind is too occupied with love life that I even draw thing like this.
 
"Maybe three of us should be just friends...," I put down the pen and smile weakly. "After all, I'm a stranger."
 
I fold the paper and wait for Junhyung again in silence.
 
 
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
"Junhyung," Gikwang calls me when everyone else has splitted up, ready to meet their trainees; I'm going to meet Rima and I know I'm late already. "Can we talk?"
 
I heave a sigh and look at him, "What is it?"
 
"I heard that your trainee is Rima," there he starts. I know he's going to talk about it sooner or later. "Is it right?"
 
"Yes," I answer calmly. There is nothing between me and Rima so there is no need to hide anything from Gikwang, isn't it? "Why?"
 
"No, I'm just curious," he laughs nervously, scratching his nose with the finger. "How is she doing?"
 
"Good, I guess," I answer while studying his expression. Perhaps I really need to ask the story from his perspective. "Rima told me that you two are not together."
 
Gikwang looks up but he doesn't say anything so I continue again, "But the other day she told me that you two had settled things. Which one is true?"
 
"I just... We can't," he starts to continue his steps and I follow him. "Her image. Her reputation. The President will not allow our relationship."
 
I stop my steps as I come to realization about what he is talking about, "You're trying to protect her, aren't you?"
 
Gikwang turns and gives me a weak smile before heaving a sigh, "I don't know what I should do anymore. It's really complicated now, isn't it?"
 
"If you worry that something will happen between me and Rima, you can relax," I clear my throat. "I'm just working as a professional here."
 
"That's what Sora said before she fell in love with Yoseob," Gikwang retorts the words. "I'm not trying to corner you, Junhyung. I'm just trying to be realistic here."
 
I purse my lips since I don't know what I should say to him. Gikwang experienced different love life than me and I can't blame him for being such a pessimist now.
 
Besides I know that I shouldn't say a thing that I can't guarantee. Experiences taught me that lesson.
 
"Sometimes I hope we can start over everything. There is a 'reset' button and everything can turn out alright," I scoff and continue walking with him. "Why is life so complicated?"
 
Gikwang only smiles as his reaction. Our conversation is cut off by a phone call from Sora.
 
"Ah, sure," Gikwang replies shortly. "With Junhyung? Sure. We will- Eh? I don't know but Junhyung can ask..."
 
Me? Ask about what?
 
"I'll see you later then. Yes, we'll go with Yoseob. Bye, Sora," Gikwang ends the phone call and gives me an awkward grin.
 
"What?" I suddenly feel suspicious with that grin. "What did Sora ask from me?"
 
"It's nothing big. She just wanted our help about the preparation for her wedding party. She asked us to come along with Yoseob and...," he pauses for seconds. "Her sister can't come tonight and she thinks a girl's help will be good for her."
 
He puts his hand on my shoulder and grins, "She wants you to ask Rima to come along."
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
"Thank you," Yoseob mutters while we're on our way to the building where the wedding party for Yoseob and Sora will be held. "I'm really thankful that you want to help us."
 
I let out an empty laughter, looking out through the window. This is actually an unexpected moment.
 
The wedding party will be held in three months and since both the bride and groom are busy, they barely can prepare the wedding party into the details.
 
That's why they ask for our help tonight. Unfortunately Doojoon, Hyunseung, and Dongwoon can't go with us due to their individual schedules.
 
While Yoseob sits next to our manager, Rima is sitting between me and Junhyung. She doesn't say anything except putting an awkward smile on her face.
 
It's not Junhyung who pursued her to come along. Yoseob asked her favor by himself and Rima couldn't refuse it.
 
And here we are now, stuck together in a van.
 
I know Yoseob is not that clueless to realize the awkward atmosphere in the van. He tries to lighten the mood with talking about the preparation for our single.
 
Once we arrive at the building, Yoseob asks Rima to help Sora with choosing the decorations for the party while Junhyung and I will help Yoseob about the rundown for the party.
 
"I'm thinking about giving a surprise performance at the party," Yoseob grins widely, "but don't tell Sora about it! She will never agree with it."
 
"A groom performs on his own wedding party?" Junhyung raises his eyebrow. "Yah, what are you trying to do? Make a history?"
 
We laugh together before we continue to check the plan. I glance at Sora and Rima secretly since I want to know what they are doing.
 
They are choosing something from the booklet and it's cute how both of them smile together because of whatever they are discussing.
 
Suddenly Rima looks up as if she realizes that I'm looking at her. I quickly pretend that I don't look at her and return my focus to Yoseob.
 
Everything feels really awkward today.
 
Aish, what's wrong actually?