26 | The Statement

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
I heave a sigh and check my wristwatch. It's almost 5 PM already but I'm already feeling really sleepy. Thanks to the time difference between Tokyo and Seattle; it's supposed to be midnight at Seattle right now.
 
After taking more than ten hours of flight, I know I'm supposed to take a rest till tomorrow morning but the uneasy feeling makes me restless for unknown reason.
 
"Actually it's Junhyung who broke up with me."
 
Hara's answer keeps repeating in my mind even though I have reminded myself that it's not my business at all. Why do I even need to bother who declared the break up between them?
 
Fortunately Hara used her time on flight with sleeping because she did look really tired. I also feel asleep for quite a while before the plane finally arrived at Narita International Airport.
 
Hara thanked me for being friendly with her and told me that she would be really happy if she could meet me again one day. I headed straight to a hotel and left my luggage in the room before deciding to go out to have a fresh air.
 
The sun is setting down when I take a seat on a bench at the nearby park from the hotel. Putting aside the thought of Hara and Junhyung, I start to think about what I should say to Eric, about our engagement which I will break off for sure.
 
Maybe I can find him now. Yujin gave me his address here. She also told me a lot of information of Eric. For example he is two years older than me but he started to join the business world when he was twenty one years old. He is one of youngest success businessmen in the world.
 
Eric was born in London, grew up in New York, and now he stays for permanent in Seoul. His father is from England while he inherited his fluent Korean from his late mother who has deceased because of an accident.
 
I take out my phone to check the address. Maybe it will be a perfect time to find Eric. I stand up, walking away from the bench so I can ask someone about the address since it's the first time for me to travel alone at Tokyo street.
 
That's when I see him.
 
He runs really fast and I can see a bunch of girls, squealing really loud and shouting his names, yearning for his attention. He fastens his pace and turns to find a hiding place.
 
For seconds I freeze, wondering what kind of coincidence that brings me up to meet with him all of a sudden. After looking at the dozens fangirls and his panic expression, I know I must do something to help him.
 
As much as I want to avoid him, even after I told myself that I'm a stranger for him now, I can't hold the urge to help him. Plus there is nothing wrong with helping a stranger even though I don't know him, right?
 
I make my way to his stand when he tries to open the public toilet with frustration because it's locked. Without saying a word, I grab his hand and pull him away as fast as possible.
 
When my eyes find a hiding place which is an utility room for the public facilities at the park, I tell him to step inside quickly. I immediately lock the door before finally sigh in relief, "Let's hope that they will not find us."
 
I try to control my breath while fixing my black cap's position. I pull it a little bit lower so I can hide my face. I just need to stay for a while and then get out from here unrecognizable.
 
Or at least I hope so.
 
"Rima?" Junhyung murmurs vividly and my heart skips a beat because of his voice. Does he recognize me that fast?
 
I ignore him, trying to avoid the further conversation with him. Maybe if I didn't speak in Korean just now, he wouldn't recognize me. Me and my short thinking habit is a really big problem.
 
"Rima, it's you, right?" he takes a step closer and I spontaneously take a step backward. I keep stepping backwards until my back meet the cold wall of the small utility room.
 
The next thing happens too fast that I don't even manage to blink.
 
Junhyung takes off my black cap when I drop my gaze to avoid looking at me. He cups my right cheek with his left hand and locks our lips together. He lets my cap hits the floor and hugs me without breaking the kiss.
 
I try to push him away but end up grasping his shirt, losing my strength to nowhere. I can barely breathe but he deepens the kiss, making me to be lost in mind because of his passionate kiss.
 
"J-Junhyung...," I finally obtain strength to mumble his name. As if he knows that I can't breathe properly because of him, he slows down and kisses my lips gently.
 
Junhyung breaks the kiss and hugs me tight, burying his face in my hair, whispering softly, "I miss you..."
 
I don't know how red my face is right now but one thing for sure...
 
My heart is beating out of control because of Junhyung right now.
 
 
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
When she looks really suspicious, my instinct tells me that she is Rima. Out of all people around the world, she is the stranger who helps me out from my problem in Tokyo.
 
I take off my shades and put it inside of my pocket before I take off her cap because I know she is trying to avoid being recognized by me. When our eyes meet, I crash her lips with mine, embracing her in my hug, making sure that this is not a dream.
 
Rima clutches my shirt and, even though she doesn't kiss me back, I'm already drunk because of her soft lips.
 
"J-Junhyung...," she manages to utter my name, making my heart to beat even more faster because I know for sure it's really her, the girl who made me crazy because of my love for her.
 
Feeling that she is already breathless because I feel the same, I part our lips, giving her a gentle kiss before pulling her into a hug. I inhale her sweet scent, "I miss you..."
 
It's true. I miss her so much that I can't even describe it with words anymore. The kiss I just gave is because I'm too speechless to explain everything to her.
 
For my surprise Rima doesn't say a single word. I don't know how many minutes have passed  while I embrace her in silence.
 
"Rima?" I finally let go of her because I want to take a good look of her face. I hold her shoulders and try to take a glance of her.
 
"Don't!" she quickly buries her face in my chest, clinging on my shirt tight.
 
I frown and a thought crosses my mind. I hold her shoulders firmly, once again trying to look at her face. She is blushing madly and, thanks for that, I can't hold my smirk, "Does your heart beat uncontrollably because of me? Because you're blushing, you know."
 
"Y-Y-Yah!" she tries to push me away but I lift up her chin with my fingers so our eyes can met directly.
 
"I'm not going to let you go again this time, Rima," I lean closer to her. "Not now. Not ever."
 
Once again I kiss her lips.
 
 
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
I don't know if Junhyung is trying to kill me by making my heart explode or else because I'm really going to explode if he keeps kissing me like this.
 
Thankfully this time he just gives me a quick kiss. I can see his red cheeks; he is blushing as well. Junhyung takes my hand and kisses it, "Don't go..."
 
Blood rushes to my brain in abnormal speed. I pull my hand away and cover my mouth with the back of my hand.
 
"I-I'm just helping a stranger," I try to make an excuse, avoiding his gaze. "I-I need to go now."
 
I walk pass him and reach the door knob but he slams his palm to the door, pushing it firmly so I can open it. When I turn to plead him to let me go, our faces are only inches away.
 
"I just thanked the perfect stranger who has helped me," he mutters with a serious expression. "Don't you think you owe me an explanation after you left?"
 
"I-I have apologized!" I retort, trying to keep calm which is useless because I'm obviously losing control over myself. "E-Everything is back to how it used to be so-"
 
"My heart doesn't stay the same like how it used to be," he cuts off my words. "A stranger took it away."
 
My heart skips another beat because of his words.
 
"C-Can we just get out from here?" I try to divert the topic awkwardly. "It's getting dark. We can talk outsid-"
 
"And let you run away again?" he doesn't let me finish my sentence. "I'm not mad at you because you lied to me while you told Gikwang everything, Rima. I-"
 
"I never lied!" I quickly interrupt his complaint. I frown and gather my courage to look at him. "I never lied to you, Junhyung. Yes, I didn't tell you the truth but I never lied to you."
 
He is taken aback by my words. We only look at each other for the next seconds until I look away and mumble, "I don't even want to talk about it. Can we just get out from here?"
 
He gives me a slight nod and lets me open the door, checking whether his fans are still at outside or not. After I'm sure that it's clear, both of us step out. I wear my black cap again and tuck my hands inside of my jacket pockets.
 
"Why are you here?" he asks me a question when I'm looking at the sky. "I thought you're in Seattle."
 
"I need to find someone," I tell him the honest answer. Of course I'm not going to tell him what my objective is but, like I said, I never lied to him. "I'm going now."
 
"Rima!" he stops me, grabbing my wrist. That's when I finally realize that the circles under his eyes are really dark.
 
"Let's just pretend that I just helped you from your fans, okay?" I try to pull away but he doesn't let me go. "Junhyung, we're strangers, remember?"
 
"If it was Gikwang, you wouldn't say the same statement, would you?" he asks me with slightly annoyed tone.
 
"It's not your business," I step away abruptly, giving him a deadly glare. "Whatever happened between us is not even close to real. You..."
 
I stop, hesitating for a while. Hara's face crosses my mind and I finally blurt out the statement I believe in, "You still love Hara. I'm just-"
 
"Can we not talk about this again?" he heaves a sigh and messes his own hair. "How can I make you believe that I don't love he-"
 
"And she still loves you, Junhyung."
 
__________
 
Author's Note:
 
Looks like Rima versus Hara's appearance is kind of making a fuss for the last two chapters.
I'm sorry for the continuous cliffhangers chapters but guess I need to keep entertain my readers, don't I? ;)

Tell me about your thought about the story or the characters because I will be really grateful to improve my writing for all of you.
Thank you! :)