37 | The Voice

My Perfect Stranger

✗ Kim Rima ✗

"Eh? The tickets are sold out?!" I hear the girl in front of me squeals with disbelief tone. "Are you sure? None is left?!"

I heave a sigh before shoot a deadly glare to Junhyung. He looks at the disappointed three girls in queue with his hands are inside his pockets. I can't figure out what his expression is because he wears his shades to disguise himself.

We are waiting in line to buy the tickets of Fanta Stick, the performance Junhyung mentioned before to lure me for following him to this place.

Maybe he doesn't trick me if the tickets are already sold out; it means the show is really good, isn't it? Now it makes me feel somehow disappointed as well.

"Looks like we don't have any luck today," he mumbles, turning around to face me as both of us leave the queue line. "Maybe we must try again next time."

I frown and scoff, walking away, heading to the elevator. He quickly grabs my wrist, "Yah, where are you going?"

"Home," I answer coldly. I don't want anyone to spot  me with him. Although people think of me as his girlfriend, I don't like the idea of a headline such as "BEAST's Junhyung is spotted with his girlfriend, Kim Rima!"

No. I don't like it at all.

"We have came this far and you want to go home just like that?" He raises his eyebrow. "Come on. I don't have free days often. Why don't you just be my companion for today, Rima?"

"I don't have any obligation to accompany you," I shrug my hand off from his. "I don't have a reason to stay here longer with you."

"Not even when I beg to you?" he retorts me, causing me to be speechless. He takes a step closer to me and leans closer in a second until his lips meet my earlobe.

"Rima...," he whispers really soft, "...will you please-"

"Yah!" I quickly push him away, covering my mouth with the back of my hand. I know I'm blushing like mad right now; why did he need to be that close to me?!

Junhyung chuckles while I try to control my heartbeat. I look at him, wondering why he needs to act this way towards me at a public place.

Maybe he does need refreshing once in a while. He must be really busy until he has no time to walk around randomly like today.

"Is there another place to visit here?" I clear my throat awkwardly. "I never came here before so I have no idea where to go here."

A smile immediately forms on his lips. He suddenly takes my hand with his, "I know a good place at the 60th floor. Come on."

"E-Eh?! 60th floor?!" I stammer; not because of the high destination but because of his hand embracing mine.

I'm not supposed to be fluttered by Junhyung, right?



✗ Yong Junhyung ✗

"There you go," I grin widely when we have arrived at the 60th floor of the building. Without letting go of Rima's hand, I lead her to the window side.

"This is 63 SkyArt," I look at her while she is looking at the wide-open view of Seoul. "The view from here is really beautiful."

Rima doesn't respond but I don't think I'm going to complaint because she is actually smiling at the moment. She doesn't even pull her hand from me, gazing at the scenery.

I know it's impossible for me to change her heart in one day just by a date but at least it's worth a try, isn't it?

Rima looks at another side and finds the special art exhibition on the wall. I release her hand as she walks away to look at the masterpieces one by one.

"It's a really great art gallery...," Rima murmurs to herself, taking step by step to admire each frame. She stops all of a sudden and turns to me with questioning look.

"What?" I ask her shortly because it makes me to stop staring at her. Does she feel uncomfortable with my gaze?

"Have you eaten yet?" she gives me an unpredictable question. "Is there a place to eat around here?"

I nod in relief, "There is a SkyArt Cafe. Do you want to eat first?"

Within minutes both of us are already sitting across from each other, looking through the menu. After asking the waiter for our choices, I fix my gaze on her once again.

"Yah, what are you looking at?" Rima tries to avoid my eyes. I find it quite cute actually when she does that reaction.

"You," I answer her honestly, making her to blush furiously.

Before she can reply me, the bunch of girls next to our table squeals out loud. I unconsciously turn to them as they scream with happiness, "It's really him!"

Aish. Don't tell me they're my fans. Not at this moment.

"J-J-Junhyung Oppa!" the one with short hair leaves her seat and approaches me. "Y-You are BEAST's Junhyung, right?"

I take a glance at Rima who is looking at the girl in silence. I nod and smile kindly to her, "Yes, I am."

The girl gasps in surprise while her friends squeal louder. They leave their seats and start to ask me for an autograph. One of them even asks whether if they can take a picture with me or not.

"Sure...," I answer her after giving them my autograph but their focus has changed to Rima. She doesn't say a word or even give a smile.

"Ah," one of them blinks. "Kim Rima? Are you two in a middle of a date?"

"Yes, we are," I quickly answer before Rima can give an unexpected answer. "Is it alright if I ask for privacy to be with her today?"

They look at each other and nod randomly, apologizing because they have interrupted my moment with Rima. They return to their table, discussing about my presence at the cafe.

"It's not a date," Rima states firmly when the waiter has put our drinks on the table. "Just another two weeks and our-"

"Don't say it out loud, Rima," I take a sip of my coffee. "Even walls can hear us sometimes. You don't want another scandal to arise, do you?"

She zips in instance, even until our orders come. I feel uneasy after she told me about the time limit of the deal; it reminds me that this is just an act.

Why does she need to remind me that I'm not her real boyfriend?



✗ Kim Rima ✗

Awkward silence between me and Junhyung makes me feel even more awkward. After having late lunch at the cafe, I return to the art gallery with him.

I stop in front of a frame, looking at the picture of Hangang River. My mind is actually wandering somewhere else even though my eyes are locked on the picture.

Just two weeks more and this drama will stop. I will return to my life and they will return with theirs.

I have no more chance with Gikwang and Junhyung will return to Hara. At least that's what I have planned...

...but why do I feel sad by the fact that the time span is coming closer?

"Do you hate me?"

The sudden question snaps me back to my senses. I turn to look at Junhyung. He stands around three metres away from me, still wearing his shades.

"No, I don't," I look away and continue to take steps further from him. I walk aimlessly until I reach the corner of the art gallery.

"Then do you love me?" he throws another question to me. This time it's a question that makes my heart to skip a beat. I even stop my step, dropping my gaze.

"Junhyung, we have talked about thi-" I was going to explain to him once again about my feeling towards Gikwang by turning around so I can face him; but I freeze when I realize Junhyung is already standing right in front of me.

He takes a step closer to me while I take a step backward because he is dangerously close to me. My back finally meets the cold wall when he reaches out his hand to caress my cheek.

"Is it impossible for me to have your heart?" there is a hint of sadness in his tone that makes my heart to ache just by listening to him.

"J-Junhyung, s-stop...," I try to push him away slightly. "I-It's a public place..."

"If you really don't want me to come close to you anymore...," he rests his forehead against mine, "...I promise I will go."

"Tell me, Rima...," Junhyung's voice grows to be a whisper. "Can I stay?"

I don't know what's gotten into me because the next second I know, I'm reaching out my hand to take off his shades. A voice inside of me is telling me that he is actually hurting and I want to know if it's true or just my feeling.

I remove his shades so I can see his sincere eyes, telling me that he is really sad. When our eyes meet, as if I've fallen to his charm, I let him cup my cheek as he leans closer to me.

His shades hit the ground without noise when our lips meet for the fifth time ever since I met him.

However this time it's different. I don't know how I can explain it but it feels different.

Unlike the first time when he gave me a surprise kiss -- my first kiss, there is a side of me which has guessed that this will happen. When he kissed me for the second time at Tokyo, when he gave a quick third kiss while we're hiding from his fans, I denied every affection he gave because I believed he still thought of me as Hara's replacement.

It's not like the fourth time either when he kissed me passionately, telling me that he needed me so bad until I froze and did nothing.

This time... I kiss him back.

His voice keeps echoing in my mind for no reason.

I don't know why but I don't want him to be sad.

I don't want him to leave.

I want him to stay.