60 | The Love

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
Rima is humming the song we have agreed to sing on Yoseob and Sora's wedding day when I glance at her secretly. She doesn't notice that I've been staring at her for almost five minutes in silence.
 
I fake a cough, once again, to gain her attention but it's actually useless since she is wearing the headset to listen to the MR of the song. Well, of course she can't hear me.
 
I heave a sigh and rub the back of my neck, feeling uncomfortable with the current situation. Thirty minutes in a room with someone who doesn't talk to you at all is not a really exciting moment, isn't it?
 
It's two weeks more until the big day and I'm actually feeling really nervous. Both because I will be performing the romantic song with Rima as a duet and the fact that we haven't practiced even for once.
 
BEAST is too busy promoting the latest single for comeback. "The One", the song which is composed by Rima, is really welcomed and celebrated by the fans. They love it.
 
It's not too slow but it gives them the feeling of wanting to listen more and more. It barely has dance moves compared to the other track but the song climbs on various music charts in no time.
 
People are wondering who is 'Stranger', the mysterious composer of the song. CUBE doesn't give any clarification about it and it actually helps us to rose with fame due to their curiosity.
 
However as the return, we barely have time to sleep. Dance practice, vocal training, rehearsal for music program, training the trainee, variety shows, radio interviews, fans meetings, and more schedules are lining up everyday.
 
At the same time Rima is working really hard to be better in composing music. While BEAST is busy, she will meet the experienced composers and discuss about her creation.
 
Although I'm grateful with the love from our fans and our successfull path, I actually miss those times where I could spend times with Rima, to , or just to see her blushing face.
 
When I knew that she chose me as her partner, there was only one thing in my mind: Did she do it because she avoided Gikwang?
 
But she said she didn't do it for him. Honestly speaking I don't believe her. Even though she had assured me for numerous times, I still feel that there is another reason.
 
Perhaps I'm just being paranoid. That's why I came up with a plan. I really wanted to help Gikwang and Rima to be together. I wanted to make them realize that they're supposed to be together.
 
If Rima couldn't forget Gikwang even after the days we spent together for the preparation of our duet, it would mean that she still has feeling for Gikwang and I would encourage Gikwang to go after her or he would lose her forever.
 
It's just that simple. It's supposed to be that simple.
 
Unfortunately my heart changed and took a quite sharp turn when she told me that she chose me because she wanted to hear me sing.
 
How come that she never changed in believing that I deserve to show the world about my singing talent? How come that her honest answer captured my heart that easy?
 
I shake my head and murmur to myself, trying to keep myself conscious, "Yah, Yong Junhyung, remember your original plan. It's not you and her. It's Gikwang and Rima."
 
I my lips nervously and look up at her once again. Strange enough my heart aches when I look at Rima as if I must remember that I don't have her heart.
 
"Will you stop staring at me?" her voice snaps me back to my senses. She raises one of her eyebrows, "I actually didn't turn on the iPod, you know. If you really want to talk with me, you can call my name."
 
I clear my throat awkwardly, feeling really embarrassed with myself. I look away, trying to keep myself calm.
 
"Are you tired?" Rima asks me a question to start our very first conversation after weeks. "We can do the practice later if you want to."
 
"The wedding day is only two weeks away and we haven't even practiced for once," I mutter. "I just... I think... Forget it."
 
Her eyes are locked on me but I try to ignore her sharp gaze by pretending to read the lyrics. She taps her finger on the table and strikes a new topic, "Can't we just be like how we used to be?"
 
My heart twists when I hear her question. I hold my breath, not answering her question. She stops tapping her finger and drops her gaze reluctantly, "Fine. Let's just practice."
 
This is how things are supposed to happen. She will realize that I can't change her heart. She will realize that her hear only belongs to Gikwang.
 
And I'm supposed to be stranger in her love line.
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
"Thank you for your hard work today!" I bow to the staffs, smiling brightly as I walk pass them one by one while my manager is walking in front of me, leading me to the car.
 
I just finished my individual schedule as an MC and now I must go to CUBE Entertainment Building to train the trainee before I continue to dance practice with the other members.
 
When my manager starts the engine, I close my eyes as I try to rest for a while. I don't feel really good but I really want to do my best. At least for my fans.
 
I know that Rima is also doing her best so I don't want to lose from her. In a good way, of course. At least this is how I can show to her that she is welcomed and we're a family in CUBE so we will work harder and better together.
 
We barely keep in touch and I think the same thing goes to Junhyung. Despite our busy schedule, there is no day without Rima in my mind.
 
What is she doing right now? Is she doing good as trainee? Does she have a good rest? Has she prepared for the duet with Junhyung? How is she with Junhyung now?
 
Sora once told me that she didn't have any intention of asking Rima to do a duet performance and I got it perfectly. It's a lie if I say that I'm not jealous at all about the duet.
 
I want to perform with Rima but I don't think I'm better than him or else. Both of us have the same chance and I support him all the way.
 
Besides I will never forget that he is almost like my real brother so how can I not support him sincerely?
 
"Ah, Junhyung," I greet him when he enters the dance practice room with tired expression. I put down the bottle of water and tilt my head, "How's the practice with Rima?"
 
The others are still training their trainees and I'm the first to come to the dance practice. I didn't expect that Junhyung would be the second though.
 
For my surprise he shakes his head slowly, lays down on the floor and closes his eyes, "We lack the chemistry for the duet..."
 
"Chemistry?" I repeat his word with disbelief. I sit down next to him slowly, "I'm sure you two can work it out in two weeks. Both of you are talented."
 
"It's a romantic song for a wedding day but all I can sing for now is a ballad broken hearted song," he covers his eyes with his left arm and sighs heavily. "I can't sing it with her."
 
My eyes widen in shock when I hear his statement. Does that mean Junhyung still...
 
"Gikwang, why did you give up on Rima?" his voice sounds really weak but I still can hear his question clearly. "I know you have an explanation for that."
 
"I...," I stop and stare at the floor. I don't know what kind of answer I should give to him and I think it's not a good idea to tell him that Rima's reputation is not really good due to their fake relationship in the past.
 
"She is doing well now," Junhyung moves his arm and looks at me with piercing gaze. "I'm not going to ask you twice, Gikwang."
 
He sits up and shifts to face me with serious expression, "Do you love Rima?"
 
I purse my lips and look back at him without a word. Junhyung gives me another question, "Is it alright for you if I go after her?"
 
I unconsciously clench my fists but as if it's not enough, Junhyung hits me with another suprising question, "Will you please give up on her for me?"
 
"Rima is not a thing that I can give away whenever I want, Junhyung!" I finally retort him. I raise my voice but I don't really care about it now. "I love her and, even if it's you, I will not let you to play with her heart!"
 
There are seconds of silence. Junhyung looks at me with no change of expression while I breathe in and out as emotion got into me. Now I finally feel guilty for shouting at him.
 
"So that's it...," Junhyung scoffs with a smirk. He stands up and turns his back to me. "You better do something or you will lose her forever, Gikwang. I mean it."
 
"I'll go grab something to drink," he walks to the door. "Tell the others I will be right back soon if they come."
 
"Junhyung!" I call him when his hand has grabbed the door handle. "About Rima... Do you still-"
 
"If I can't change her heart after the performance, I think it's better for us to be strangers once again," he doesn't wait until I finish my words. "Just a trainer and a trainee. Just an idol and a composer. Just strangers."
 
I realize that his voice wavered when he said the last word. Even I can feel the pain because I'm sure he doesn't mean it at all.
 
He looks up and I still can't see his face when he mumbles softly, "I wonder if it's love I felt from the start..."
 
I was going to approach him when he suddenly steps back because someone just pushes open the door. Yoseob and Hyunseung are discussing about their trainees while walking inside the dance practice room.
 
Junhyung quickly excuses himself and walks out from the room. While Yoseob is following Gikwang with his eyes, Hyunseung turns to me and tilts his head, "What's wrong? Did something happen?"
 
I fake a smile and laugh to hide the lie, "Nothing. He just nagged about the busy schedule as usual."
 
Love.
 
A simple word that can turn strangers into lovers.
 
A complicated feeling that can turn happiness into sorrow.
 
What should I do now?
 
__________
 
Author's Note:
 
Thank you for reading this complicated and pretty long story?
 
Is it boring? Is it too draggy? Is it not good?
 
Tell me your opinion and I'll try to improve myself. I promise I will so I can deliver a better story for all of you in the future! :)
 
Ah, for you who have been wondering when this story will end...
 
It will end pretty soon. ;) 

 

 

>> this is the original version, not the re-written one.
Thanks to Google that I've found the cached version! <<