18 | The Date

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
I stare at my music book blankly while random thoughts running inside of my head. It's been at least an hour since I decided to divert my concentration to compose music but end up doing nothing.
 
Junhyung's face. Junhyung's voice. Junhyung's hug. Junhyung's kiss. Junhyung's...
 
What am I thinking?!
 
I straighten my body and mess my hair with frustration, "Stop thinking about him, Kim Rima! He is your cousin!"
 
Now I feel more stupid by my own statement. He is not my real cousin. He just pretends to be my cousin. I still can't believe that he just confessed to me yesterday.
 
It's impossible, right? I mean we agreed to a deal that we're only strangers. I help him, he helps me. Just that simple deal.
 
Despite how hard I try to convince myself that everything is just my hallucination, the warm feeling of his lips on my neck is real.
 
"Rima, I promise to hide your identity as long as you stay as Junhyung's cousin. Only as his cousin."
 
Right. Even though he really did confess to me yesterday, there is nothing will happen between us. I have agreed with President Hong to stay as his cousin only.
 
Is this what President Hong tried to warn me?
 
And I thought it's impossible to happen except in movies.
 
"And that makes you can fall in love with Gikwang but I can't fall for you?"
 
I blush again just by the thought of Junhyung in my mind. He is messing my mind since yesterday. Can he just get out of my head?!
 
"Can make you feel like what?" he stepped closer to me. I tried to prevent him from being closer to me but I lost my strength. "Make your heart beats uncontrollably? Make you blush really hard? Make you feel like you're in heaven?"
 
Yes, that's exactly what I felt when I was with Gikwang. I didn't even remember if I had a first love but, if I had not one, Gikwang was counted as my first love.
 
He was the one who made me feel like I was a princess just by his sweet and gentle attitude.
 
Wait, how did Junhyung know that I felt that way?
 
Junhyung tucked my long hair behind my ear with his finger and whispered to my ear, "Because you make me feel that way, Rima."
 
I clutched his shirt because of his hot breathe on my ear. I swore my heart was going to jump out if it could.
 
He landed a kiss on my cheek for seconds and, if it's possible, my brain must had been freezed because of his soft lips.
 
He pulled away, letting me to breath in order again. I could see that he was blushing but I was pretty sure my face was worse than him. I looked away, hiding my blushed cheeks with my hands.
 
It's not the kiss on the cheek that made me felt awkward like this because a kiss on the cheek also marked a manner sometimes. It's his kisses on my neck that made me speechless.
 
"I don't think you can continue composing a new song right now," he cleared his throat. "I take my leave for now. See you tomorrow then."
 
"Ah," he stopped when he was going to walk away. He turned to me with serious expression, "for your note, you don't remind of Hara. Not even for the slightest."
 
After that he walked out from my apartment, leaving me dumbfounded because of his confession.
 
The knocks on my door snap me back to reality. I quickly stand up and walk to the door. When I almost reach the door knob, I hesitate for seconds.
 
What if it's Junhyung? What kind of face I should give to him? What should I say to him?
 
"Rima?" Gikwang's voice calls me from outside. "Are you inside?"
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
I just returned from my drama filming and it's already 5 PM. I just want to throw myself on bed and sleep until dinner time. I am too tired to do anything else right now.
 
When I walk pass the main room, Junhyung is sitting alone with his Mac. He plugs earphones to his ears, completely doesn't notice my presence. I remember that all of the members, except him and Doojoon, are working their own schedules.
 
I pat his shoulder and give him a smile when he turns to look up at me. I sit next to him, "Song for the new album? How is it going?"
 
"Good," he answers me shortly, turning his gaze back to the screen. His answer is really cold actually.
 
"Junhyung, is something wrong?" I ask him but he doesn't answer me. I pout and ask him again, "Is it about Rima?"
 
Since four days ago, after the party, Junhyung didn't go to meet Rima. I've talked to him and told him that Rima just thanked me for accompanying her to the party. I know Junhyung finally met her again yesterday so I thought there's no problem anymore.
 
Guess I was wrong.
 
Junhyung unplugs his earphones and turns to look at me with serious expression, "Tell me something, Gikwang. Do you like Rima?"
 
"Yah, Junhyung," I laugh softly, "you've asked me this question before, remember? I told you, I think of her as my little sister. She is like my own family."
 
"What if she doesn't think about you that way?" Junhyung's next question catches me off guard. I don't know what to say so I just stare at him with confused look.
 
Junhyung sighs and shakes his head slowly, "If you don't like her, don't treat her like you do."
 
He stands up and goes back to his room after grabbing his Mac along, "I need to finish the composition in my room."
 
I watch him walk away until he closes the door behind him. I rub the back of my neck, feeling awkward suddenly.
 
Why is Junhyung acting like he is mad at me all of a sudden? Is it because I went to the party with Rima without telling him?
 
Since I'm too tired to think further, I let my feet lead me out from the room, heading to Rima's apartment. Maybe I can ask her what's wrong with Junhyung.
 
I knock her door but there is no response. I blame myself for forgetting ask her number numerous times; I still don't have her number yet.
 
"Rima?" I call her out loud. "Are you inside?"
 
After seconds she finally opens the door, taking a peek from the crack slowly as if she is afraid that I'm a bad guy who will kidnap her. I smile to her and she opens the door wider.
 
"Did I disturb you?" I ask her politely while she stands still with a tired look. "What's wrong? You don't look really good."
 
"I'm just...," she fakes a cough, "...tired. That's all. Is there anything you need?"
 
I blink for seconds, almost forgot what my objective to meet her. I was thinking about asking her whether if she had a fight with Junhyung or not but looking at her gloomy face, another idea crosses my mind.
 
"Are you free tonight, Rima?" I mumble. She looks at me with confused look as I continue, "There's a place I want to show you."
 
 
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
After around an hour because Gikwang asked me to give him time so he could take a quick shower before he met me again at my apartment, we finally walk out from the apartment building.
 
"Since it hasn't been long since you came to Seoul, there must be many places you haven't visited, right?" Gikwang speaks out when we're already in a taxi, heading to somewhere I don't know he told to the driver.
 
I thought it's nearby, the place he wants to show me, so I tag along with him. I never thought that it will be somewhere far enough.
 
I only give him a simple nod and he keeps his smile on his face, the smile that makes my heart to skip a beat. Different from Junhyung, Gikwang doesn't need to do anything to make my heart beat.
 
Wait, why do I remember Junhyung at this time?
 
"I'm glad you put on the hairpin," he reaches out his hand and touches the hairpin on my hair, the one he gave to me. Ever since he gave me at the party, I wear it almost everyday. "And you look more adorable without your hair tied."
 
I unconsciously cover my mouth with the back of my hand. I'm blushing really hard because of his compliment.
 
"This place I want to show you...," Gikwang pulls his hand and explains to me, "...is selected as the longest bridge fountain in the world by The Guiness Book of Records."
 
I don't say anything and neither does he until I can see a really beautiful colorful water fountain. My eyes widen in amazement as the water pours down like dancing rainbow.

 
"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Gikwang asks as we step out from the taxi. I only give him a nod with excitement. "Come on, this way, Rima."
 
"This is Moonlight Rainbow Fountain," he tells me while we're walking side by side. He fixes the position of his knit hat. I notice that he is trying to disguise himself with the knit hat, glasses, and coat.
 
"There are at least two hundreds light that radiate various colorful effects for the water fountain at night," he stops walking and points his finger to the fountain. "See? It's amazing view, isn't it?"
 
I just stare at the water fountain because I can't find a word to describe how beautiful it is. I can't help myself to smile, admiring the amazing sight.
 
"Rima?" he calls me and I immediately turn around.
 
"Click!"
 
Gikwang is holding out his phone; he just took a picture of mine.
 
"Y-Y-Yah!" I stammer and try to take the phone from him but he quickly takes it away from me, laughing softly. "Delete it!"
 
"Why would I delete such a beautiful picture?" he pats my head, hiding his phone from me. "I am thinking about putting it as my phone wallpaper actually."
 
With that simple joke, my heart starts to beat out of control once again.
 
How can I not fall deeper for him?
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
It's been a while since the last time I visited this place. I think the last time I came to here is with my family years ago.
 
I believe my intuition that Rima hasn't visited this place before and I think I can make her feel better if she sees this beautiful view.
 
When she is admiring the colorful water fountain, ignoring my question, I know she loves the view. I take out my phone and call her. She turns around, still with a smile.
 
"Y-Y-Yah!" she complaints and tries to snatch my phone from me. "Delete it!"
 
I chuckle and pat her head to calm her down, "Why would I delete such a beautiful picture? I am thinking about putting it as my phone wallpaper actually."
 
It's true. She looks really beautiful in this picture. Her innocent smile completes with the amazing sight behind her, the picture I just took is a priceless one.
 
"Gikwang," she murmurs my name softly and I turn to her. "Why did you want to show me this place?"
 
I frown and think for a while. I don't really think about the reason actually. I just think that it will make her feel better because she looked really down when I visited her.
 
"Perhaps because I want to see your smile," I ruffle her hair, making her to blush again. I smile at her expression before turning my gaze back to the water fountain.
 
After a few minutes, I tell her to follow me. I buy a cup of hot tea for her. I let her to take some pictures with her phone before we finally return to our apartment with a taxi.
 
It's already 8 PM when I walk her back to her apartment. She opens the door with her key and turns to me with a shy smile, "Thank you for showing me the beautiful place."
 
"You're welcome," I reply and then a thought crosses my mind. "Can I see your phone, Rima?"
 
With confused look, she hands over her phone to me. I type my number and then hit the call button, leaving a missed call on my phone.
 
"We have each other's number now," I return it to her and grin. "I promise I will show you other beautiful places when I have a chance."
 
She drops her gaze as her cheeks turn into pink shades. I pat her head, admiring about how cute she is, "Well, have a good rest then, Rima."
 
I was going to walk away when Rima suddenly stops me by a hug. She hugs me, resting her head on my chest. I am stunned by her sudden movement so I hold her shoulders, afraid that something happened to her, "R-Rima?"
 
"I'm sorry...," she clutches my shirt, "...but please let me stay like this for a while..."
 
Listening to her request, I don't know why, instead of stopping her, I embrace her gently and bury my face in her hair, inhaling her scent.
 
I don't know how many minutes have passed when Rima finally stops hugging me and gives me a bow, "I'm sorry, Gikwang, I really am..."
 
"...but can I consider that we just had a date?" she smiles to me. A really sincere and sweet smile.
 
I freeze for seconds because my mind is not working properly at the moment; thanks to my rapid heartbeat.
 
"Sure. It's our first date then," I reply, giving an awkward smile. I want to pat her like usual but there is a part of my heart telling me that I shouldn't do it because I might do something more than that.
 
I bid her good night and walk back to my apartment, heading straight to my room. It's a good thing that everyone is in their own room so no one will question me where I went tonight.
 
At least not for now.
 
I take out my phone and stare at the missed call before I save it with 'Rima' name. I open the picture of her that I took at the Moonlight Rainbow Fountain.
 
"What if she doesn't think about you that way?"
 
Junhyung's question runs in my mind when I'm staring at the picture.
 
Rima... Who am I to you?