54 | The Words

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
"Here," Sora hands over a bottle of mineral water to me. "You must be really tired."
 
"Thanks," I take it with a smile, drinking it before I react to her statement. "It's a new challenge. Just like the first time I wanted to become a singer."
 
We're currently at the dance practice room because I need to collaborate with Prepix to create the choreography for our new dance moves.
 
Since Junhyung has used his creativity to compose songs, the President asked me to try combining my talent with Prepix to choreograph the dance.
 
While Junhyung and Yoseob are working to create another track with Rima, Doojoon has his own schedule as an MC while Hyunseung and Dongwoon are on their way here after their schedules, Sora is the one who accompanies me in the dance practice room.
 
"You look happier lately," Sora suddenly states, tilting her head aside. "Did something good happen?"
 
I can't help myself to smile just because of the simple question. The memory of the day when I kissed Rima comes to mind again; I still feel like it's a dream.
 
After seven months of anxiety, I finally managed to show her that I love her. I felt like I could fly to the seventh heaven when Rima said that she created the song for me.
 
Even though we didn't spend too much time together afterwards, I know that things are clear between us now; she returns my feeling and everything is good now.
 
Actually there is nothing special after that except we exchange text messages as often as possible. I don't think the other members know about us yet since we look exactly the same like how we used to do before.
 
Perhaps I should tell them later.
 
"Well, kind of," I grin and take another sip of the drink. I put it on the floor and straighten my body, "Back to practice!"
 
"Ah, Gikwang," Prepix, who just returned from somewhere outside, approaches me. "The President wants to meet you after the practice."
 
Why does the President want to meet me? Is it about the dance practice?
 
 
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
"The bridge is too short," Rima comments, intertwining her fingers together. "Perhaps if we add another line..."
 
I watch her playing the piano, trying to create the longer bridge part for our new track. Yoseob closes his eyes, trying to focus with the melodies.
 
Three days have passed since the day I talked with Rima. There is a slight change I feel between her and Gikwang but I don't say a word since I feel it's not the right time yet.
 
Both of them look happier lately. It's not that I'm not happy for them but I feel like something is missing. Maybe itt's just my feeling.
 
"I need to go to the restroom," Yoseob leaves his seat and pats my shoulder. "I'm going to buy something to drink too. Anything?"
 
I shake my head and Rima does the same. After Yoseob leaves the room, Rima takes out her phone and reads something. Whatever she reads, I think it's good enough to make her smile brightly like now.
 
Rima types something before returns to the keyboard, trying to play random melodies to find the right notes.
 
"You've talked with Gikwang," I state calmly, studying her reaction. "All is well, isn't it?"
 
She stops playing and looks up before smiling at me, "Yes, it is."
 
It's weird how I feel a slight of regret when I see her sweet smile. I really need to learn moving on properly from my past; she is happy with Gikwang so why do I need to regret my decision?
 
"That's good," I drop my gaze, forcing a smile. "I'm happy for both of you."
 
Rima nods and mumbles, "I hope you find your happiness too. Tell me when you have found the one for you."
 
The one for me. Those words sound so dreamy and strange to my ears now.
 
Because, I must admit, that I have a small hope that Rima created the song for me.
 
 
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
"We'll continue again tomorrow then," Yoseob clasps his hands together and grins at me. "Good job, Rima! You're a really talented composer!"
 
"Co-composer," I correct him, chuckling because of his cheerfulness. I stand up and gather my stuff. "I'll see you tomorrow then."
 
Since Junhyung and Yoseob have another schedule to attend in one hour, we must stop our session to compose a new song. I was thinking about continuing the song by myself when I received a text message from Gikwang.
 
He asked me to meet him at the rooftop of CUBE Entertainment building. Knowing that he is actually in the same building with me because he is supposed to choreograph new dance moves with their choreographer, I told him that I would meet him later.
 
I don't know if Gikwang and I are a couple now but all I know is my heart always beats faster just because thinking of him.
 
Ever since he kissed me, I can't help the butterflies in my stomach to dance whenever I receive a text message from him.
 
It's simple but really meaningful for me. I don't know if he feels the same but I actually want to spend more time with him.
 
Not a date. At least just talk. After seven months I think there are many thing that we can talk about.
 
When I wait for the elevator to reach the rooftop, a random thought crosses my mind. Is it alright for me to be in a relationship with an idol?
 
Somehow I feel that my father will disapprove.
 
"Ah," I find Gikwang is gazing at the afternoon sky when I push open the door. "I'm sorry for making you to wait."
 
"It's alright," he smiles to me. Why does his smile look really sad? "How's the song?"
 
"Good. We will continue again tomorrow," I step closer to him and both of us lean to the fence. "How's the choreography?"
 
"Good," Gikwang turns around and grabs the fence. Somehow he looks really nervous that I feel that he is hiding something.
 
"Is something wrong?" I finally ask him. I wait for him to answer me. Why do I have a bad feeling all of a sudden?
 
"Rima, I...," Gikwang clears his throat awkwardly. "It's..."
 
I never expected that I will hear the next sentence he tells me. I finally found the happiness but everything is crushing down with his words.
 
"I think we're not meant to be together."

__________

Author's Note:

Is it alright for me to have another drama?

Something is missing~ Something is missing~