38 | The Letter

My Perfect Stranger

✗ Yong Junhyung ✗

I lock my eyes at the ring, the one I used once as a part of couple rings with Hara. I clench my fist, feeling the small ring in my hand as I close my eyes.

Rima's face is really vivid that I can remember perfectly what happened four days ago during our date at 63 City.

When Rima said that she didn't hate me yet she avoided to answer whether she loved me or not, I couldn't help myself to stay close to her even more.

She took step backwards, making distance from me but, unfortunately, she was trapped between the wall and me. I touched her cheek gently, "Is it impossible for me to have your heart?"

I was going to give up on her if she told me that she actually didn't want me to be close with her. She tried to push me away so I rested my forehead on hers, "If you really don't want me to come close to you anymore, I promise I will go."

She didn't say a single thing so I continued again with a whisper, "Tell me, Rima, can I stay?"

For my surprise, she reached out her hands and took of my shades away. I had been using the shades both as a disguise equipment and to hide the fact that she could see how sad I was from my eyes.

When our eyes met, I cupped her cheek and closed the gap between us by locking our lips together.

Rima clutched my shirt and kissed me back, slightly but sure. I deepened the kiss by hugging her waist with one of my arms, not wanting the moment to last.

She was the one who broke the kiss because she was running out of air. I tucked her long hair behind her ear before cupping her cheek, feeling the warmth beneath my palm; she was blushing really hard.

She kissed me back. It meant she returned my feeling, right?

I pulled her into a hug, burying my face in her hair, "I can stay, right?"

She couldn't make it in time to answer me because suddenly four teenagers walked pass us; they were the visitors of the SkyArt as well. They gasped in surprise when they saw me hugging Rima; not to mention they recognized me without shades.

Knowing that things could be more messed up, I took her hand with mine and walked away, bowing politely to the girls. I rushed out from the building and returned to her house by a taxi.

No one talked during our way to her house but our hands were tied together. She didn't pull away from me and I didn't want to let her go either.

"Rima," I finally gathered up my courage to talk with her when we had arrived in front of her house. She stopped but didn't look at me. "Are you mad?"

She dropped her gaze but I could see her flushed pink cheeks. I cupped her cheek and lifted her head up so she could look up at me, "Tell me if you're mad, Rima."

"I-I...," she stammered obviously. "I-I don't know... I don't know... I-I just..."

I tightened my grip on her hand and leaned closer to kiss her forehead, "Thank you for today. It's the most wonderful date I ever had."

After that I released her hand reluctantly. I watched her entered the house, waving to her with a sincere smile; it's true that I was really happy because of her that day.


"Junhyung?"

I quickly put the ring back inside of the shelf, together with the diamond ring I should have given to Hara months ago.

I look up to see Rima is standing in front of my room, opening the door slightly because she has a doubt to enter the room.

A smile forms on my lips the moment I see her. Perhaps after four busy days for me, she will give me a clear answer about her feeling towards me.

Maybe she will return my feeling.


✗Kim Rima ✗

I heave a sigh, staring at the hairpin in front of me. It's the first hairpin Gikwang gave to me days after we met for the first time, the moment when he thought I was Junhyung's cousin.

I don't understand how things turned out this way.

At first we're only strangers; I helped Junhyung to compose music and he helped me to find a place for me to stay.

I think this mess happens because I fell in love with Gikwang. If only I could control my heart, maybe I'm living in peace at this moment.

Unconsciously I touch my lips with my fingers, reminiscing the kiss Junhyung gave to me yesterday. Heat creeps onto my cheeks just by the memory of it.

Have I fallen for Junhyung?

Just by one date? Just by a kiss?

Or maybe... I'm just not serious about my feeling towards Gikwang.

"Yah," I mumble to the hairpin, well, actually to myself, "is it alright if I choose Junhyung?"

Feeling like a fool, I put the hairpin inside of the jewelry box and then grab my jacket, leaving my house without telling anyone.

For an unknown reason, I just want to see Junhyung. Maybe if I meet him, I will know what kind of feeling I am having right now; I can't say that I'm in love with Gikwang yet I want Junhyung to stay, can I?

In the last four days, I haven't talked even just for once with Junhyung because he's really busy. BEAST is really busy nowadays, thanks to their upcoming comeback soon.

At the same time I'm also busy to find a way to look for both Eric and Yoorin. I tried to talk with my father, telling him that engagement can't bind me and perhaps Yoorin will be happier with Eric, compared to me.

My father shrugged off the issue by telling me that we will talk again after the deal between me and CUBE Entertainment is over.

Do I want it to over now?

"Ah, Rima," Hyunseung is the one who opens the door for me. He gives me a polite smile, "Come in. Is there anything I can do to help you? But I need to go in a flash with Doojoon for a photoshoot."

"Is Junhyung inside?" I ask him calmly, trying not to give a hint of nervousness. "I just want to talk with him for a while."

"Sure," he opens the door wider for me to step inside. "He is in his room. Give him a little surprise then."

I walk to his room and knock the door thrice before opening it slowly, "Junhyung?"

Even though just for seconds, I see him busy hiding something inside of the shelf before turning to look at me. His face beams as he greets me, "Rima."

I step inside his room, still feeling curious about what he just hid. Junhyung ruffles my hair playfully, "What made you come here? Me?"

Junhyung and his cockiness.

"No," I pout and try to divert my gaze from the shelf. "I just... I was bored so I think-"

"Do you want to drink something?" he cut my words quickly with a smile. "I want to get a coke for me. Wait a minute, okay?"

Without waiting for my reply, he leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

I can't help myself to look at the shelf once again. I approach the shelf slowly and open it carefully; maybe it's alright if I just take a peek inside.

There is a silver ring inside, right next to a small jewelry box. I take out the small box, opening it to reveal a beautiful diamond ring inside. I decide to take a look at the silver ring and notice that there is two letters carved on the ring.

JH.

Is it the initial of his name?

"Yah, Rima, do you want tea or-" Junhyung enters the room all of a sudden with a can of coke in his hand. Unfortunately I don't have time to return the ring back to its place.

"Ah...," the guilty feeling strikes. I was going to make an excuse but Junhyung puts the coke somewhere else before approaching me and takes the ring away from me.

"What are you doing actually?" he hisses to me with a serious expression. "You can ask me if you want to look for something, you know."

His tone gives me a hint that the ring is really important for him.

The sudden realization crosses my mind all of a sudden.

It's not the initial of his name. It's their initials.


"It's your couple ring with Hara, isn't it?" I murmur vividly. I clench my fists, feeling that my heart is aching really bad. "You still love her, don't you?"

For the first time, I want Junhyung to tell me that he doesn't love her anymore...

...but this time he doesn't answer me.

He just stands there in silence, having the ring in his fist. The ring which was precious for him once... or maybe until this moment.

"I'm sorry for looking at your things without permission," I clear my throat awkwardly. "I'm leaving now."

I walk pass him and open the door. I can feel that my tears are threatening to fall down; not because of my jealousy.

It's because I feel like the biggest fool to believe that Junhyung actually loves me. That he has forgotten about Hara. That maybe my complicated love life can be better with him.

Who am I compared to Hara anyway?

I'm just a stranger. A perfect stranger who came at the right time to heal his heart after the rejection.


✗Lee Gikwang ✗

I rub my eyes slowly and check my phone. It's past noon already but I still feel sleepy. Maybe my busy schedule is really affecting my sleep hours lately.

After I'm done checking the clock, my phone wallpaper catches my attention. Her smile still captivates me easily.

Even though I have reminded myself stop my feeling towards Rima before I grow more fond to her, it's easier said than done. For the example I still don't want to change my phone wallpaper.

I tried to drown myself in the schedule of dance practice, recording, photoshoot, and more but I still can't forget her even just for the slightest.

"Rima...," I touch the screen of my phone with my thumb, "...what kind of spell did you have put me under?"

I leave my bed and find a pile of letters from my fans. Looks like Dongwoon has divided our fan letters and put them inside of our own rooms.

Hoping that the letters can divert my thought about Rima, I take random letters and start to read them. There is a fan who sent me a collection of my pictures since debut, there is a letter to ask BEAST to perform at her university, and another letter which supports us for our new album.

My eyes widen in shock when I read the fourth letter. There are pictures inside of the envelope: pictures of me and Rima.

The pictures were taken a week ago after I found her with Junhyung. I was carrying her on my arms. Another picture is the one when I almost kissed her.

 

"What do you think if public find out about these pictures?"


That is the only sentence I find on the letter.