29 | The Dream

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
"No answer," Hyunseung mumbles and turns to Doojoon, showing his phone screen. "Looks like he doesn't check his phone."
 
I didn't even notice that Gikwang left the shop until Doojoon told us that Gikwang had sent a text message to him. We continued walking around for around twenty minutes before Dongwoon finally announced that he's hungry.
 
I'm not in the mood to wander around but I guess staying alone in the hotel doesn't help me either. My mind is still thinking about Rima and her reaction towards my feeling for her.
 
I can't think that Rima has actually rejected me that coldly yesterday. I know I'm the biggest fool here; what did I expect from her?
 
"I'm calling Yoseob," Doojoon speaks while his phone is next to his ear. "Ah, Sora. Where are you two? We're going to eat sushi now. Let's have lunch together first."
 
Sora? Isn't he calling Yoseob's number?
 
After listening to Sora's answer, Doojoon frowns with serious expression. He heaves a sigh before mumbling, "Fine. We're on our way there. It's alright. It's alright."
 
"What's wrong?" Dongwoon asks him, tilting his head. Even I am really curious about what they were talking about just now. Where are Yoseob and Sora?
 
"Fans recognized them watching guerilla concert," Doojoon tucks his hands inside his pockets. "To prevent chaotic problem, they finally agreed to perform a song. Yoseob is preparing the song with Gikwang and Rima."
 
I feel like someone just takes my breath for a second when I hear her name. It's not only me who is completely surprised by the sudden name between our conversation.
 
"Rima?" Hyunseung's eyes widen in shock. "Rima as in Kim Rima? Rima? Rima the daughter of Kim Joon? Rima? Ri-"
 
"Yes, Kim Rima, the one who helped Junhyung to compose our new album," Doojoon cuts Hyunseung's endless question in one clear answer. "They accidentally met and, to avoid possible further rumor between her and BEAST's members, she performed with Yoseob and Gikwang."
 
"Where are they?" I finally blurt out the question impatiently. Doojoon looks at me; he probably doesn't expect me to be full of spirit suddenly. "The guerilla concert."
 
"Aren't we just going to add up chaos if we go to the guerilla concert?" Dongwoon asks a reasonable question. "Maybe we-"
 
"Let's go there," I interrupt even before he finishes his words. "Now."
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
I take a final glance at Rima who is checking the guitar silently. I had no idea what kind of song we will perform but when the song appeared in Yoseob's playlist, I quickly picked it.
 
Somehow the song reminds me of Rima... in one and another way.
 
"This song is a soundtrack for a drama with Gikwang as one of the actors," Yoseob tells the audiences and the man with black leather jacket translates his words to Japanese. "It's not included in BEAST's albums so we will perform this one."
 
Yoseob turns to Rima and gives her a nod as a sign that she can start to play the guitar. I flash a smile to her before she lets her fingers pick the guitar strings in harmony.
 
Yoseob starts the song with his voice,
 
"Nae bame buri kkeojimyeon 
Jakkuman nareul chajawa, oh
Charara nuneul gameuryeo anganhimeul sseobwado
Nal eumkyeojineun geon"
 
When the lights turn off in my room
You continuously come to find me, oh
Even if I try my best to close my eyes
You keep grabbing me
 
During his singing, I can see Sora is watching him with a smile on her face. Yoseob always sings with all his heart and I know that Sora can never take her eyes off of Yoseob when he is singing; he is too charming even for his own girlfriend.
 
The audiences are watching us in amazement. Some are looking at Rima instead of us, whispering with obvious curiosity on their faces. They must be wondering who she is.
 
I smile and lift up my microphone when it's my turn.
 
"Hu~ my heart
Galsurok ddoryeot taejineun neoreul
Beoseonal suga eobseo"
 
Hu~ my heart
You, who keeps becoming evident as time goes by
I can't escape from you
 
I was featured in a drama titled "I'm A Flower, Too" around two years ago. Yoseob, Dongwoon, and Junhyung sang this song for the soundtrack. Junhyung actually co-composed and penned this song with Kim Hyunwoo.
 
This song expresses a man's longing for his lover, who abandoned him in reality, yet still frequents in his dreams.
 
"Baby you, ooh~
Kieokgi bbuyeohge heuryeojil ddaejjeum 
Baby you, ooh~
Eoneu saenga chajawa kyeoteul maemdora"
 
Baby you, ooh~
When my memory starts to blur, about to fade
Baby you, ooh~
You come and find me somehow, you linger beside me
 
Rima sings her part, the part that she has memorized. She is really amazing since she only listened this song once. She admitted that she only listened to BEAST's songs from our albums; she never listened to the soundtracks we sang or Yoseob's solo tracks.
 
Thanks to her absolute pitch, her guitar playing is flawless. Her voice is actually matching this song compared to the one she sang on the day she revealed her true identity yet she lacks the 'soul'.
 
Perhaps since she hasn't known the details about the song lyrics, I must agree that her last performance with guitar is better since she sang for her father that day.
 
"Just the way you are, niga nan piryohae 
Niga anin haruneun da ttok gata
Eonje jjumimyeon neowa kkumeul kkulsu isseulkka
Gateun haneul arae uri"
 
Just the way you are, I need you
Days without you are all the same
When will the time come for us to dream together?
Us under the same sky
 
I finish the refrain part, which is supposed to be sung by Dongwoon.
 
The reason I chose this song is not only because that I like this song personally.
 
It's because I did think of Rima a lot after she left.
 
I wondered if she was looking at the same sky I was looking at when I spent my time at the backyard of our apartment building.
 
I guess I miss her too much.

Too much that I even thought about seeing her in my dream.
 
 
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
"Eoneudeot buri kyeojigo 
Haruga joyonghi gago, ooh
Amu ildo eobdan deushiddo dashi niga chajawa
Naneun eoddeohke hae"
 
Suddenly the lights turn on
The day passes by quietly
As if there is nothing wrong, you come and find me again
What am I supposed to do?
 
Even though I have heard Yoseob's singing live before on the day I performed on the charity event, this is the first time I hear him singing a sweet song.
 
No wonder why he is the main vocalist. His voice is soothing; as if he is trying to send his message to someone special through this song.
 
"Hu~ my love
Oneureun ni hyang gie cwihaeseo
Beoseonal suga eobseo"
 
Hu~ my love
I'm Drunk off your fragrance today
I can't escape you
 
Gikwang sings his part and it's a good thing that I always concentrate on my musical instrument when I'm playing it. I don't want to mess up this live performance; especially not in front of him and his fans.
 
Gikwang's voice is actually really nice. I noticed that he's not in the trio who recorded this song and his voice type is different from Dongwoon. Yoseob, Dongwoon, and Junhyung are perfect combination for this song.
 
However Gikwang's voice is a great combination with Yoseob's. Their harmony is amazing and I think this is one of the proofs of their hard work for years.
 
"Baby you, ooh~
Kieokgi bbuyeohge heuryeojil ddaejjeum 
Baby you, ooh~
Eoneu saenga chajawa kyeoteul maemdora"
 
Baby you, ooh~
When my memory starts to blur, about to fade
Baby you, ooh~
You come and find me somehow, you linger beside me
 
The lyrics are indeed sweet yet sad at the same time. I don't really understand the lyrics but I can get the missing-someone-you-love feeling in the song.
 
I feel that when I left to Seattle.
 
I missed Gikwang.
 
I wanted to see him. I wanted to hear his voice. I wished to see his smile again.
 
And today I meet him again.

Just like a dream.
 
"Just the way you are, niga nan piryohae 
Niga anin haruneun da ttok gata
Eonje jjumimyeon neowa kkumeul kkulsu isseulkka
Gateun haneul arae uri"
 
Just the way you are, I need you
Days without you are all the same
When will the time come for us to dream together?
Us under the same sky
 
I sing the refrain after Yoseob's turn, which is the only part I memorize perfectly other than the lines before the first refrain.
 
After this is what I'm worried about even after Yoseob has divided everything in order.
 
The rap part.
 
 
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
I can see the crowd, gathering around a small stage at a corner of the street. A girl is playing a guitar but I recognize her as Rima in a glance.
 
Yoseob and Gikwang are standing next to her, holding microphones and now Rima is singing the first refrain part.
 
"Is it "Dreaming"?" Hyunseung asks to Dongwoon who also recorded the original song with me and Yoseob. Dongwoon gives him a nod but a smile forms on his face; he is happy that they perform this song.
 
Even I must admit I feel excitement inside of me; I'm proud actually since I also co-composed this song. I wrote the rap part as well.
 
Wait. The rap part?
 
Who will perform the rap part? It's not that Yoseob and Gikwang can't rap. It's just... not their specialization.
 
Is it possible that Rima will be the one who raps?
 
I look at her, playing the guitar carefully to make sure no mistake in her playing. Why do I have a feeling that this song is pretty new for her?
 
Without saying a word to Doojoon, I leave them while they are trying to find Sora. I fix the position of my shades and try to find a person who is responsible for this event.
 
I find a man with black leather jacket at the side of the stage and I assume that he is the MC since he is holding a microphone. I approach him quickly; thankfully the audiences are focusing on the three performers so they don't notice me at all.
 
"Sorry," I speak in English, afraid that he will not understand Korean. "Microphone. I need one."
 
"Junhyung?" the man looks surprised and excited. "BEAST's Junhyung? Wow, we have BEAST's rapper here!"
 
He speaks Korean. Great. Just great.
 
"I need to borrow your microphone. Just for a moment," I quickly tell him because the song already reaches the second refrain; the rap part is next.
 
He gladly gives his microphone to me, right at the moment Rima finishes the second part. I can see Gikwang raises his microphone; both of us start the rap part at the same time.
 
"Bami chaja oneunge sirheo
Deuri un eodum wiro
Neoraneun dari ddeoworeu janha igeon mwo
Neuk daecheoreom geu goseul hyeonghae ulbujineo
Nakincheoreom jjikhyeobeorin neoreul eoddeohke jiwo
Tell me what to do
Baby, tell me what to do
Jigeum niga neomuna bogoshipeo jukketdago
Eorinae cheoreom ddaerado sseugo shipeo
Eokjirorado eogeut nan teumewogo shipeo"
 
I don't like it when the night comes to find me
But on top of this darkness
A moon named you starts to appear, what is this?
I howl like the wolf towards that spot
You, who marked me like a stigma, how am I supposed to erase you?
Tell me what to do
Baby, tell me what to do
Right now, I miss you so much like crazy
I want to throw a tantrum like a little kid
I want to force fill the void between us
 
He stops immediately after the first line, looking at me with wide eyes. A wide smile appears on his face and the audiences are cheering really out loud that my voice is drown by theirs.
 
I think Rima misses some notes when she notices my presence. I step on the stage, rapping my part smoothly until I stand next to Yoseob, letting him to stand between me and Gikwang.
 
As I lower my microphone, Rima and Gikwang sing the last refrain in a perfect harmony. I look at her through my shades, admiring her beautiful guitar playing.
 
"Just the way you are, niga nan piryohae 
Niga anin haruneun da ttok gata
Eonje jjumimyeon neowa kkumeul kkulsu isseulkka
Gateun haneul arae uri"
 
Just the way you are, I need you
Days without you are all the same
When will the time come for us to dream together?
Us under the same sky
 
At the same time I feel envious fill my heart, knowing that their voices are beautiful in one harmony, completed with Yoseob's high notes.
 
I wonder why they choose this song to perform but I think this song tucks my heart.
 
Will she ever know that I really miss her? That I really love her?
 
Even in my dream.
 
__________
 
Author's Note:
 
The title of the song they perform is "Dreaming" by BEAST's Yoseob, Dongwoon, and Junhyung for "I'm a Flower, Too" OST. It's a really beautiful and sweet song. The lyrics describe their feelings perfectly so I think this amazing song is great to be shared with all of you.

Thanks for reading! :)