28 | The Idea

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
I try to sit still, ordering a glass of tea to accompany me while I listen to Rima's conversation with Eric. As far as I'm listening, Rima wants to call off the engagement between them.
 
It's as expected though; they never met before the engagement party. I just don't understand why Eric insists to continue as her fiancee when she has returned to her own real identity now.
 
"Don't make me to publish your pictures with that rapper, Rima," Eric mumbles and myes widen in shock. "I don't think talking to your father can help with those pictures."
 
Rapper? Is he talking about Junhyung?
 
"Eric, I thought the deal is about having me back as Kim Rima," Rima retorts calmly as I take my tea to drink. "Now that I've revealed everything to everyone, isn't it enough?"
 
I almost choked my tea. What? So Rima revealed her identity because of a deal with Eric? Because of pictures of her and... Junhyung?
 
"Why don't you give a try, Rima?" Eric still tries to convince her, which is actually difficult for him, knowing that Rima is kind of hard-to-convince type. "You'll never know until you try."
 
There are seconds of silence and it really tempts me to turn around and look at Rima's expression but I manage to hold the urge.
 
"I don't think this conversation is worth to continue," I notice Rima's voice becomes colder and I hear the sound of her leaving her seat. "Just for your note, I think I will consider about you better if you don't go around threating a girl that, you said, you love."
 
"Good day, Mr Hazelwine," Rima bids him goodbye in English before leaving him dumbfounded with her sharp words. I don't think Eric will chase after her after such straight forward statement.
 
I leave the money to pay my drink before walk out from the restaurant. I can see Eric is rubbing his temple with frustrated look when I walk pass him.
 
Guess Rima's honesty give him a quite big impact in a way.
 
I try to find where Rima heads to after I step out from the restaurant. She must be not too far from here.
 
I need to talk to her. I don't know what kind of pictures they are talking about but if Eric dared to use it as a threat, I think it's dangerous enough.
 
People are gathering in front of a music shop. I can hear some girls squeal with excitement as someone starts to sing a song in Korean. I try to find what's going on carefully, trying not to be recognized by people.
 
"Gikwang?"
 
 
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
I walk away from the restaurant, heading to nowhere. I still think clearly; there is no way Eric can make me lose control over myself.
 
Ironically the way he insisted with his decision reminds me of Junhyung, except Junhyung doesn't give me any threat to ask me to love him.
 
"Why can't they just understand a girl's heart for a moment?" I murmur to myself while I walk farther from the restaurant. "Do I need to announce to the whole world who I'm in love with?"
 
"Kyaa!" some girls catch my attention with their loud voices. I immediately stop my track and look at the crowd nearby.
 
I tilt my head, remembering that this kind of event is called guerilla concert or some musicians prefer it to be called secret live performance. Indie bands are the ones who perform guerilla concert the most.
 
When a man steps on the stage and starts playing his guitar, playing a song by CN Blue which I recognize right away since I've heard their songs later after knowing that Sora works for them, I focus my hearing to listen to his singing.
 
At the same time I find a banner that informs that this is a public event for all people who loves Korean music in Japan. They are welcomed to spread Hallyu wave, hoping both Korea and Japan will form even better relationship with music.
 
"Gikwang?" I hear a voice from behind. I turn around slightly to find Yoseob and Sora are approaching someone. "What are you doing here alone? Where are the others?"
 
I quickly turn around to avoid Gikwang's eyes. It's really him. It's really them.
 
After Junhyung, it's Gikwang this time?!
 
I try to walk away slowly so they don't notice my presence. Unfortunately I'm not fast enough.
 
"Rima?" Sora calls my name. It's my mistake to stop my step all of a sudden because it's really suspicious.
 
"Rima?" Gikwang repeats my name and quickly rushes to my side. He takes my hand and finally we meet again, face to face.
 
Heat creeps to my cheeks as soon as our eyes meet.
 
"You're here...," Gikwang embraces my hand gently and smiles to me.
 
A smile that makes my heart to beat faster just by looking at him.
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
"I'm going back to Seoul tomorrow," Rima ends her explanation to us. She just explained about her reason in Tokyo, what she did in Seattle, and when she will return to Seoul.
 
However she didn't mention about her meeting with Eric. She told us that she's going to meet someone though before going back to Seoul.
 
I'm glad Sora could recognize her that fast. We stay aside from the crowd to have a quick talk. Yoseob and Sora were apart from the others because they wanted to spend time together for a while.
 
Judging from her Rima's expression, I think she is not in a good mood after talking with Eric. She doesn't even smile to us.
 
Another bad mood person after Junhyung today.
 
I was going to open my mouth to tell Rima that I want to talk with her in private when some girls who are supposed to be watching the guerilla concert recognize me and Yoseob.
 
"BEAST?!" they scream, gaining attention from the others. I think it's because Yoseob doesn't wear any disguise equipment when he is with Sora. Not to mention that Sora is quite famous as well.
 
I step forward, trying to block Rima from their view but I guess it's useless. The girls rushes to us, chanting my name and Yoseob with excitement.
 
Yoseob, being the one who treats the fans really nice, waves to them and gives them cheerful smile. He holds Sora's hand who also smiles politely to the girls.
 
"We have BEAST here?" a man with black leather jacket approaches us. He talks Korean and I guess he is the one who is responsible for this event. "What a good day it is. Do you care to join to sing for your fans?"
 
I glance at Rima who purses her lips, don't have any intention to say a word. Yoseob and I exchange looks with doubt.
 
"The two ladies can join, of course," the man continues again with wide smile while the girls are still whispering to each other happily. "I think the girls will be more than happy if you sing a song together."
 
"I don't think you can escape dozens of girls in a glimpse," Rima sighs heavily and looks at me. "Just sing with Yoseob. Everything will be alright."
 
For my surprise Sora states an idea with her usual monotone, "You'll sing with them."
 
 
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
I can't believe I agree to perform with Gikwang and Yoseob. Sora convinced me that this is the best way to avoid rumor between me and Gikwang since I am spotted with him.
 
Since Sora is Yoseob's fiancee, no rumor will appear by their presence together. After hesitating for a moment with those girls were pleading for Gikwang and Yoseob to step on the stage, I finally went up to the stage reluctantly.
 
The man who asked us to perform told us that, if it's possible, we need to sing another artist's song to show that BEAST is also capable of performing other songs.
 
He gave us five minutes to discuss while another band performed. After checking Yoseob's playlist on iPod, Gikwang suggested to sing a song I never heard before.
 
"Are you sure?" Yoseob asks me when I take a guitar. "You just listened to the song once. Is it enough for you?"
 
I never heard the song before but I can remember all the notes already. I decide to perform with a guitar so I don't need to sing too many parts; I'll let Gikwang and Yoseob to take the majority.
 
Talking about professional, they are indeed great. They can split up the parts really quick and memorize the lyrics pretty well.
 
"And we have BEAST!" the man who acts as the MC calls out loud in English. "Please welcome Yoseob and Gikwang. We also have Rima, a beautiful girl with guitar!"
 
Three of us bow in manner to the audiences. Girls are squealing because of the two idols. I find Sora is standing among the audiences, giving us a 'hwaiting' pose.
 
"We'll do great," Gikwang pats my back lightly and smiles to me. "Smile, will you?"
 
He pats my head like how he always did and tells me softly, "I like it when you smile."
 
I blush really hard that I try to cover my mouth with the back of my hand.
 
This is just a performance.
 
There is no way he chooses this song for me... right?