32 | The Drama

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
I open the door slightly and take a peek carefully. As much as I try to sneak so no one will notice my presence, looks like it's futile.
 
"Kim Rima," Junhyung mentions my name out loud, looking at me with tired look. "Just step in if you want to talk. I'm not going to bite you anyway."
 
After ensuring myself that I can't run away from current situation, I gain my courage and push open the door. I step in BEAST's apartment again after a month passed.
 
Nothing much has changed. Actually I think nothing changed here.
 
"Take a seat, Rima," Hyunseung pats the empty seat next to him with a smile. "I think we need to talk about the details for, well, your deal with Junhyung."
 
I try really hard not to change my expression when he mentions about the deal. Somehow I still think that I'm way too careless to agree with the deal with President Hong but I don't want to put BEAST's reputation on the line as well.
 
If pretending to be Junhyung's girlfriend for a month can prevent them from being accused as bad idols, then I guess I must bear with it.
 
Though I do think that I must blame Junhyung for this problem, though I want to be just strangers with him, I think I still owe him a debt since I didn't tell him the truth before.
 
I mean it's just a month, right? I just need to act as if I am his girlfriend. A month will pass really fast; he is busy and I will try to keep myself busy and, voila, everything ends even before I realize it.
 
"So...," Doojoon clears his throat awkwardly after I sit next to Hyunseung. "I just want to make sure that all of us know how to, well, play the act."
 
Yesterday we had agreed with President Hong's offer and he made a public announcenment about my relationship with Junhyung this morning. Yujin told me that the news becomes a really hot topic in instance.
 
I stormed out from my house before unwanted thing happened. Who knows if his fans would find me in my house? I still haven't prepared a structured explanation to my father.
 
After meeting President Hong, I was too busy trying to find Yoorin and contact Eric but all of my attempts were useless. Looks like they know how to avoid me in their own ways.
 
"I just need to act as usual, don't I?" I ask them calmly, looking around until my eyes meet with Junhyung's. "I don't think we need to do something exaggerating."
 
"I hope it will be really easy like how you said it," Doojoon forces a smile and scratches the back of his neck. "I think you two need to talk. Maybe about why those pictures could surface or else..."
 
I hesitate for seconds, considering whether I need to tell the truth or not. Maybe I don't need to say that my evil cousin and fiancee are the culprits; I'm going to finish my little business with them on my own.
 
To be honest my reason to come here is not to talk about the deal.
 
I take a glimpse of Gikwang who is staring at the floor with unfocused eyes. Since yesterday I haven't talked with him at all and I am worried about what he is thinking.
 
For your note I never cared about what people think about me. It's my life and I'm going to live my own life. However I don't want Gikwang to have a wrong idea.
 
For example, I don't want him to think that I actually like Junhyung.
 
"It's all good," I turn my gaze back to Doojoon. "Maybe I just need to stay here for a while. Can I?"
 
"You're welcomed anytime here, Rima," Dongwoon answers me with a bright and wide smile. "Please do visit us whenever you want to!"
 
I'm just helping Junhyung as a good stranger, just like how he helped me once. That's all.
 
I just need to think that this is just a drama in real life.
 
 
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
My eyes follow Rima as she helps Hyunseung to prepare lunch for us. Hyunseung is teaching her how to cook carefully; I just found out that she can't cook.
 
It's strange how I find it cute when she tries to cut the onion slowly so she will not cut herself with the knife. She even looks more serious than when she is composing music.
 
We have decided to stay in the apartment for today to avoid any possible problems which can occur due to the new announcement from President Hong.
 
It's a good thing that we don't have any schedules for today while we're going to start the recording for our new album tomorrow.
 
I should be happy, right? I want Rima to be my girlfriend and now the world knows that she is my girlfriend.
 
How I wish that the news is not a fake one.
 
I know Rima accepted the deal just because she wanted to help me. I really want to reject the deal but then again I don't want to put the others in dangerous positions with me.
 
Like I said to President Hong, I don't have another choice. Ironically if it's not Rima, I think the act to be her boyfriend will be easier.
 
How does it feel to be in a relationship with someone who loves another man?
 
A part of my heart keeps telling me that maybe this is a good chance for me to win her heart. Unfortunately I'm actually too scared to take another step closer to her; I'm afraid she will hate me after all of this.
 
"Junhyung," Gikwang calls me and I turn to look at him. Doojoon and Dongwoon are in their own rooms while Yoseob is walking Sora back to her own apartment. Gikwang is the only one who stays in the main room with me.
 
"You still haven't given us an answer why you kissed Rima," he asks me the question I've been trying to avoid, especially from him, the one Rima has crush with.
 
"Why?" I reply him, acting cool. "Are you jealous?"
 
He looks confused with my answer, "Junhyung, you're kissing a girl. I don't think you are a person who will pull that kind of prank randomly."
 
I am taken aback by his statement. He knows me too well to know that I will never kiss random girl as unreasonable act.
 
"Do you really like Rima?" he finally mentions the question, giving me a really serious expression on his face. "Did you accept this deal because of it?"
 
I stare at him for seconds before retort him calmly, "What if I say I do like her?"
 
"Yah, Junhyung!" Hyunseung breaks the intense stare battle between me and Gikwang. "Call Doojoon and Dongwoon. The lunch is ready!"
 
Without giving him an answer, I stand up from my seat and leave Gikwang dumbfounded, walking away to do what Hyunseung asked me to do.
 
Deep in my heart, I don't want this fake relationship to end just as a drama.
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
Finally Rima is alone. She is sitting in the main room of our apartment, listening to her iPod. The others are in their own rooms, except from Yoseob who is spending his time with Sora and Junhyung who locks himself in his room.
 
During lunch, I overheard that Junhyung asked her whether if she wanted to join her to check the track list for our upcoming album, the one which she composed together with Junhyung, or not but Rima refused the offer right away and told him to concentrate with it without her.
 
I could see Junhyung was disappointed by her decision but, being the professional one, Junhyung is doing his job right now, checking the music once again to make sure everything is good.
 
Rima is reading something on her phone and I secretly take a glance of it as I approach her from behind; she is sitting on the sofa, giving her back to me.
 
"B2ST's Junhyung is dating Kim Rima"
 
The rapper of the idol group B2ST, Yong Junhyung, breaks the hearts of female fans after the public announcement made by CUBE Entertainment, his talent agency.
 
After pictures of him and Kim Rima, the only daughter of Kim Joon, one of the wealthiest men in South Korea, surfaced on various websites yesterday, one of them even showed two of them were kissing, it's revealed that two of them are actually dating.
 
"Junhyung and Rima are currently dating. They became close due to Rima's work as co-composer for BEAST's upcoming album," the representative of CUBE entertainment stated. "Please support their relationship."
 
Looks like Junhyung, who is well known as KARA's Goo Hara ex-boyfriend, has finally opened his heart for another love.
 
Let's hope that this relationship will last between the charming rapper and the beautiful princess of Kim family.
 
Ah, so she is reading the news about her relationship with Junhyung.
 
"What if I say I do like her?"
 
Junhyung's question crosses my mind again. I couldn't answer it because I'm not even sure about my own feeling at the moment.
 
"Are you worried?" I straighten my body and walk to her side, taking a seat next to her. Rima looks up from her phone with wide eyes, surprised because of my sudden appearance. "About this whole act."
 
"If you count that I'm afraid to be ripped into pieces by his fans, then yes, I am worried," she turns off her iPod and leans her back against the sofa.
 
"You don't need to do this if you don't want to," I dare myself to tell her. "I don't think it's a good thing to be burden by this whole scenario idea."
 
Rima gives me a small smile, "This is the least thing I can do for BEAST. All of you have been really nice to me. I don't think I want to put your career on the edge just because I don't want to do a favor."
 
I am right. She is doing it to help Junhyung, to help us avoiding the bad rumors. I feel a little bit relief to know that she didn't accept the deal because she wants it.
 
"Rima...," I reach out my hand to touch her cheek. I want to ask her, I want to know if there is something between her and Junhyung...
 
...but I'm too afraid to hear the truth. What if they actually like each other?
 
"What is it?" Rima tilts her head to another side, waiting for my question.
 
I pull her into a hug, burying my face in her hair. I close my eyes and whisper softly to her, "Don't fall in love for real with Junhyung..."
 
I don't want the drama to be real after a month.
 
My senses return when I hear the sound a of a door being opened by someone.