17 | The Confession

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
"That concludes seven songs altogether," I exclaim and stop playing my musical keyboard. "Four left, right?"
 
"Hmm," Junhyung answers me with a hum, staring blankly at his Mac. He is not typing anything, just staring at the desktop without even opening any application.
 
Three days have passed since the engagement party and everything goes on as if nothing happened. Me, helping Junhyung to compose new song. Junhyung, pretending to be my cousin. Gikwang, being the nice and sweet helper of me.
 
Ever since that day I can't help myself to have a really good mood. I gathered up my courage to kiss Gikwang's cheek and I'm glad he doesn't mind. He even asked me to join the dinner time with BEAST two nights ago but I kindly refused because I wanted to finish a song.
 
Deadline is chasing after Junhyung and I don't think it's a good idea to abandon my tasks. After all I am their hired music composer now... or at least for this one album.
 
"You want your father to know that you're serious, right? Perform and let he know."
 
When Gikwang told me to perform on their event in two weeks, I was hesitating. I know for sure my voice is not good; I don't train and else. Even absolute pitch is not a magical help to make my voice beautiful.
 
For the last three days, Gikwang told me that he has tried to talk to the others and they agreed with the decision. President Hong wants me to meet him tomorrow to watch my performance before he decides that I can perform or not.
 
I don't meet Junhyung in the last three days due to his schedule. He didn't reply my message when I told him that I was going to finish a song for him.
 
He finally replied my message today because his deadline for another song is this weekend. I don't understand why he is avoiding me. Is it because I left him at the elevator alone after the party?
 
"Yah, Junhyung," I turn and look at him with curious look. "What's wrong with you? What are you thinking?"
 
He sighs heavily and closes his Mac, putting it carefully on the table. He messes his own hair and groans, "This is ridiculous..."
 
"What is ridiculous?" I cross my arms and wait for his answer. He looks really strange since he stepped in my apartment but I ignored it because I thought he was tired. Now I don't think it's the main reason.
 
Junhyung glances at me with serious expression that makes my heart to skip a beat, "Don't you have anything to ask? Like why did I hug you that other day?"
 
"Ah," I mumble, remembering the moment when he hugged me. He even kissed my forehead but I tried to think positive; he must be reminded of Hara or else. After all it's something usual for me to receive a hug from a man.
 
It's a daily greeting during my days at New York so I barely think of it as special gesture... yet I blush when Gikwang pats my head.
 
Oh, yes, of course I do. It's because I like him, right?
 
"Don't be sorry. I didn't even think of her until you mentioned her name."
 
Junhyung's answer crosses my mind once again but I quickly shrug it off and stand up from my seat, "Why would I ask about it? It's just a manner, isn't it?"
 
"A manner," he repeats with unpredictable look. He pierces me with his sharp look but I ignore it and turn around.
 
"Yes. Even my chauffeur usually hugged me," I walk to the kitchen and open the refrigerator to grab the milk. I take a new glass and pour the milk carefully.
 
Yes, my chauffeur hugged me on some occasions. He has thought of me like his own daughter so I don't mind at all. I usually hugged him as well for my gratitudes.
 
"Your chauffeur," Junhyung repeats and I can hear his footsteps, approaching me from behind.
 
"My chauffeur," I repeat calmly, putting down the milk bottle, ready to take a sip of the milk.
 
Before I can even take the glass, Junhyung cages me between his arms, slamming his palms on the table without any warning. I flinch a little when he whispers to me, "Would your chauffeur do this too?"
 
He hugs me from behind and presses his lips on my neck. He showers my neck with butterfly kisses that make me hold my breath. Blood is rushing to my brain with abnormal speed and I'm powerless all of a sudden.
 
"J-J-Junhyung...," I finally manage to utter his name weakly. "Y-Y-Yah... Yah!"
 
I struggle and finally release myself from his hug. I cover my mouth with the back of my hand without even thinking; I am blushing really hard because of his sudden gesture.
 
"W-What are you thinking?!" I blurt out nervously, still feeling the warmth he gave to my bare neck with his lips.
 
"Don't you get it?" he clenches his fists and looks at my eyes deeply.
 
"I like you, Rima."
 
 
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
My mind is wandering somewhere random nowadays. I don't know what happened between Rima and Gikwang after the party. I don't know where they went to but when Gikwang returned with burning face, the uneasy feeling struck me real hard.
 
The reality that Rima likes Gikwang is already enough to make my heart aches. Now that I have a hunch that Gikwang also has a feeling for her because he even bothered to go with her to a party, I feel more and more uneasy.
 
I finally agreed to meet Rima again because I must be a professional. My deadline is coming near and I can't avoid her forever anyway.
 
Unfortunately when I see her, everything goes blank again in my mind. When she finally asks me about what's wrong, I finally think that I need to know what she thinks about me.
 
"Don't you have anything to ask? Like why did I hug you that other day?" I blurt out, hoping that she will blush or else... but she doesn't.
 
"Ah," she reacts calmly, "why would I ask about it? It's just a manner, isn't it?"
 
"A manner," I repeat, wondering if it's possible for her to change her answer.
 
Rima stands up and walks to the kitchen, trying to find something to drink, "Yes. Even my chauffeur usually hugged me."
 
It's kind of annoying to think that she is comparing my gesture with her chauffeur. Doesn't she know that my heart almost exploded when I hugged her? Does she have any idea about my feeling?
 
"Your chauffeur," I murmur, leaving my seat and walk closer to her. She still gives her back to me while my mind starts to become a mess slowly because of her clueless answer.
 
I might be denying my feeling for her but heart speaks out louder than my thought. To feel hurt when I see her blushing because of Gikwang, to blush when she gives me her smile, to think that she cares for me...
 
I can't lie to my heart anymore that I fall for this girl.
 
A girl that I barely know except for the fact that she is the arrogant and confident girl who encourages and helps me ever since we met. All I know that her smile has brightened up my days and she makes my heart to beat out of control when we're together.
 
"My chauffeur," she repeats calmly, putting down the milk bottle so she can drink from the glass.
 
Without even thinking twice, I trap her between my arms, placing my palms on the table. I lean close to her so I can whisper, "Would your chauffeur do this too?"
 
I kiss her neck slowly but sure, gently but sincere. I wrap her waist with my arms, don't want her to walk away from me. I ignore my rapid heartbeat, wishing that she will get what I'm trying to say to her with this.
 
"J-J-Junhyung...," Rima murmurs my name and my heart skips a beat because of her voice. "Y-Y-Yah... Yah!"
 
She struggles and I finally let her go. I know my face is burning but I dare myself to look at her directly when she mutters, "W-What are you thinking?!"
 
Whether this girl is just too dense or she just pretends that she doesn't know or she is trying to deny what she knows. I clench my fists and sighs, "Don't you get it?"
 
I take a deep breath and finally confess to her, "I like you, Rima."
 
I can see that she is taken aback by my confession but she replies it with a ridiculous statement, "Y-Yah! Stop making such kind of joke."
 
I frown and look at her with disbelief, "You think I will go around and hug random girls? You think I will do that to random girls when I'm joking?"
 
"But you can't like me!" Rima takes a step backward, biting her bottom lip nervously.
 
"And why can't I like you?" I retort, feeling unfair with her reaction.
 
She pouts and looks really nervous, "Because... Because we're strangers! We barely know each other! We just met for... what? A month?"
 
"And that makes you can fall in love with Gikwang but I can't fall for you?" my answer makes her speechless in instance.
 
This girl is seriously too stubborn to even accept the fact that someone she doesn't like just confess to her.
 
"I-I just remind you of Hara. I'm sure you can't even give me a reason why you like me," she still manages to reply me, taking another step backward.
 
"Then can you give me a reason why you like Gikwang?" I step forward while she keeps moving away from me as if I'm going to eat her.
 
"I-I-I...," she stammers and her cheeks are really red now. "I-I just... I just know... I... He is the only one who can make me feel like... I-"
 
She stops because her back has met the cold wall. I, once again, trap her between my arms but this time our faces are facing each other. i can't help myself to think that she is really cute when she is stammering.
 
"Can make you feel like what?" I lean closer to her as she tries to push me away by putting her palms on my chest. "Make your heart beats uncontrollably? Make you blush really hard? Make you feel like you're in heaven?"
 
I tuck her long hair behind her ear and lean closer so I can whisper to her despite the  feeling that my heart is going to explode when she clutches my shirt.
 
"Because you make me feel that way, Rima."