53 | The Kiss

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
I don't know when I will have the chance to ask her again next time so I decide that I should ask her now, "I've settled mine. Will you settle yours?"
 
I look at her, waiting for her to answer my question. Back then I wasn't thinking clearly; all I wanted to know was her feeling towards me. I realized that I was not thinking about her feeling at all.
 
I admit that I did love her. I even still care for her up till this moment. She is the one who consoled my heart after my broken heart. If it's not because of her, I'm pretty sure I would still be grieving over Hara's rejection.
 
At the same time, she also made me realized that I still had a feeling for Hara. Let's say that I couldn't choose between them if I could only save one person when an accident happened.
 
Rima and Hara are special for me and there is nothing that can change the fact. Within the past seven months, I tried to calm myself down and settle my feeling.
 
In the end I decided to choose neither of them. My heart couldn't pick between two so it's better if I stayed alone for the moment or I would break their hearts one day.
 
Perhaps there will be someone else. Perhaps Hara will meet her Prince Charming someday.
 
And perhaps... Rima is destined to be with Gikwang. I never know whether Gikwang still has feeling for her or not since I never expected Rima to appear as our co-composer.
 
"Junhyung, what do I mean to you?" the question comes from Rima and I hold my breath when I hear the question.
 
That is indeed a really difficult question to answer. However, from my previous experiences, I think it's better if I answer it honestly.
 
"You... You're special, Rima," I answer her, looking at her deeply. "You're irreplaceable for me."
 
I pause for seconds before continue again, "I'm sorry that I acted so bluntly back then. People said love is blind and I guess that's what happened to me. My judgement was clouded by my own feeling. I know there was spark between us but I guess... I guess that's that."
 
Rima nods, dropping her gaze with an awkward smile, "I take it as 'my-feeling-has-changed' answer. Am I right?"
 
I nod, praying that everything will be alright after this conversation.
 
Well, nothing bad can happen after all of us settle our problem, right?
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
"It's better if you hit the long note a little bit higher," Rima suggests to Hyunseung after our first attempt. "Yoseob will continue to the refrain part after you."
 
Perhaps I'm not the one with best intuition but I can see that something happened between Junhyung and Rima. Something good, I assume.
 
We have started the official recording session for our new single and it's obvious that they get along pretty well. Rima sometimes asks Junhyung for his comment while Junhyung helps Rima to tell the others about the improvisation for our new song.
 
Not that I'm not happy that they look friendly to each other. It's just, well, I'm jealous that they are really close again... just like how they used to be before.
 
"Yah, are you listening to me?" Junhyung waves his hand in front of me. "Hello. Back to Earth, Lee Gikwang!"
 
"Ah, I'm sorry," I laugh awkwardly and grin to him. "What is it?"
 
Junhyung raises his eyebrow and sighs, "I said you need to practice this bridge part again. Rima said it's good enough but I think you need to play with the melodies more."
 
"Okay, I got it," I retort and read the lyrics once again, murmuring them as I try to focus. I stop when I notice that Junhyung is staring at me with a mysterious look. "What?"
 
"Nothing," he shrugs and walks away to discuss his rap part with Doojoon. I frown, wondering what he is thinking actually.
 
We practice the song and finally we finalize the recording after few attempts. We listen to the recording and I smile with satisfaction as the realization that we did a great job.
 
"What do you think, Rima?" Doojoon asks Rima while she is writing something on a paper. She doesn't answer the question until she finishes what she writes.
 
We wait for her comment, thinking about the possibility that she will ask us to record again but a smile forms on her lips, "I like it."
 
Dongwoon asks for a high five with me and I smile wider, doing the congratulation gesture to the others as well. We're happy that we finally finished our new song. I know we still have other tracks but at least we manage to finish this one.
 
"Let's have lunch together," Hyunseung gives an idea. He turns to Rima, "We'll continue again after the lunch. Is it alright, Rima?"
 
She nods with a smile, "Sure. Go ahead. I'll catch up with you later. I need to do something first."
 
While the others are discussing about what to eat for today's lunch, stepping out from the recording room, I glance at Rima. She looks tired but she puts the headphone, pushing the play button to listen to our recording once again.
 
"I need to go to the restroom," I tell the others while we're waiting for the elevator. "I'll meet you guys at the cafetaria."
 
I walk away, heading back to the recording room. I actually lied to them; I want to wait for Rima. Doesn't it feel lonely that you're always alone during lunch time?
 
She doesn't notice my presence when I have stepped inside the recording room since she is too focused with the recording. I notice that she smiles for a reason that I don't know.
 
I unconsciously smile, feeling grateful that I can still see her sweet smile.
 
How I wish that I am the reason behind her smile.
 
 
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
"You are the only one who can have my heart
No matter how far you are
We can't be separated
You are irreplaceable"
 
I can't help myself to smile when I hear Gikwang's part. It's weird how I feel that I want to listen to this bridge part all over again just so I can listen to his sweet and soothing voice.
 
"I wish you will say that to me...," I murmur to no one and drop my gaze to the lyrics sheet, reading my handwriting randomly.
 
Junhyung's rap part comes after that and the conversation between us comes to mind once again. It's unfortunate that our conversation was interrupted by the staffs' appearance all of a sudden.
 
Even though we haven't continued again but I think we have settled our past and we can live our own paths now; his feeling towards me has changed and I don't need to be afraid that I would break his heart with my choice.
 
Perhaps we're meant to be friends. Friends who understand each other. Friends who support each other. Friends who will be there whenever we need someone to fall back on.
 
This song always reminds me that my feeling hasn't changed at all. Even after seven months and all the issues between us, my heart still goes to Gikwang.
 
He is my first love and he is still the one who has my heart.
 
But I think it's just one-sided love. Looks like it's just a platonic relationship after all.
 
"What is it?" a voice interrupts my thought since the song has finished. My senses return and I quickly take off the headphone, turning around to see Gikwang.
 
He tilts his head aside while I stand up, covering my mouth with the back of my hand. Why am I feeling nervous when he doesn't even do anything?
 
"Rima?" he calls my name, taking steps closer to me. "Are you alright?"
 
I try to control my heartbeat, feeling embarassed. How could I not notice that he is in the same room with me?
 
"I-I-I'm going to have lunch," I try my best to avoid eye contact, walking pass him but looks like it's not that easy. He grabs my wrist, spinning me around until our eyes meet.
 
My heart starts to beat out of control as he embraces my hand gently. His lips touch my forehead when he murmurs, "I miss you..."
 
He cups my cheek with his other hand, resting his forehead against mine, "Why do I feel that you're trying to avoid me?"
 
Instead of giving him an answer, I close my eyes, feeling that my heart is going to explode if he stays like this any longer. He pulls me into a hug and buries his face in my hair before hums vividly.
 
"You are the only one who can have my heart
No matter how far you are
We can't be separated
You are irreplaceable"
 
Before my brain can think of anything, Gikwang kisses my hair and whispers, "For who did you write the song for?"
 
He loosens his hug so he can look at me, waiting for my answer. I open my mouth and close it again, feeling that the answer is stuck in my throat.
 
"You...," I murmur, staring at my own feet. It's only one word and my heart is beating rapidly now. What am I doing?!
 
Gikwang lifts my chin with his finger and smiles shyly as I notice his cheeks are blushing. He brushes my bottom lip with his thumb, "Can I...?"
 
He doesn't need to finish his question since I already get his intention. My face burns immediately as I understand what he is going to do. I only give him a single nod because I can't say anything anymore.
 
With that, Gikwang closes the gap between us, giving me a kiss on my lips.
 
__________
 
Author's Note:
 
I'm sorry for the late update!
 
Now... do I need to end it here?
Or not?
 
Will update again as soon as possible~ :3