61 | The Day

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
I check myself on the mirror, making sure that I'm all set to attend one of the most important days in my life. My black tuxedo is all good and I just need to wear my tie now.
 
Today is finally the day. It's Yoseob's wedding day. Today he will be officially become a husband.
 
He is the first member of BEAST who will start a family. Not to mention that Sora is not an idol yet she is as famous as her future husband. They have gone through ups and downs together up till this special day.
 
Everyone is helping the preparation from the morning and it's only two hours left before the wedding party starts.
 
The performers are going to have the rehearsal now. There are so many friends of Yoseob and Sora who will perform on the stage as wedding presents for the happy couple...
 
...which includes me and Rima.
 
"Junhyung?" Rima enters the room which is prepared for members of BEAST. I immediately turn around to look at her with the simple but elegant dress, making my brain to freeze for seconds.
 
She is beautiful.
 
"Are you ready yet?" she steps closer to me. I realize that she wears a beautiful silver hairpin with a musical note at the edge. She also wears a necklace with butterfly pendant. "Ah, your tie..."
 
Without asking for my permission, she takes the black tie I put on my shoulder and place it around my neck; she tries to tie it for me.
 
I only stand in silence, holding my breath because she is standing really close to me. Is she doing this on purpose to torture me even more or she actually knows nothing about my feeling?
 
"Rima is not a thing that I can give away whenever I want, Junhyung! I love her and, even if it's you, I will not let you to play with her heart!"
 
Gikwang's words echo in my mind. We never talked about Rima again after that day. It's not that I tried to make Gikwang mad at me or else but I really want to know his reason.
 
I'm serious about asking him to give up. I'm serious about thinking that it's better for me and Rima to be strangers once again if her heart doesn't change after our duet performance.
 
What's the point of staying close to her when I can't have her?
 
"There you go," she pats the tie lightly and takes a step backward. "Let's go to the rehearsal. We don't have much time."
 
Before she manages to tun around and leave the room, I take her right hand and put it on my lips, kissing it slightly while I close my eyes, feeling her soft skin with my lips.
 
"Tell me, Rima...," I embrace her hand and finally open my eyes to look at her, "...what if I sing the song only for you?"
 
Rima pulls her hand away and covers , her signature whenever she is blushing. She stammers obviously, "W-What are you talking about? L-Let's go. W-We need to... R-R-Rehearsal..."
 
I only managed to meet Rima one time due to our busy schedule so I have no idea if I will do well today with her but today I want her to know that I'm serious.
 
It's all or nothing.
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
"Are you ready?" I ask the girl who is wearing the beautiful wedding gown right next to me. She gives me a smile, nodding as the sign that she is ready to meet the groom.
 
I take a deep breath and let my lips to form into a curve as I nod to the staffs who are going to open the door for us. I step carefully with Sora and we can see Yoseob is standing, waiting for the bride.
 
Today is the special day for Yoseob and Sora. They will be the official married couple after everything they've been through.
 
Yoseob chose me as the best man for him. I walk Sora to the altar and kiss the back of her hand before giving a hug to Yoseob, congratulate him and tell him to make Sora happy.
 
I walk away and stand in line with the other members, right next to Junhyung. He gives me a weak smile but I know it's a sincere one; I don't know why but I think he is telling me that we must be happy for Yoseob and Sora today.
 
My eyes find Rima, sitting right next to our managers. I smile when I see how beautiful she is with the sweet smile on her face. Her eyes are locked on the bride and groom.
 
I wonder what she is thinking right now.
 
Junhyung and I haven't talked about Rima again after the day when he asked me to give up on her. Ironically enough that's when I realize that maybe Junhyung is really serious about her.
 
Junhyung never played with a girl's heart so I'm pretty sure that he wants to make Rima happy. I want to do the same but I don't know how to do it.
 
"If I can't change her heart after the performance, I think it's better for us to be strangers once again."
 
Junhyung's statement is one of the reasons why I choose to stay like this. It's not that I don't want to fight for Rima but I think Junhyung deserves the chance.
 
Perhaps it's me being too confident. I think Rima will not have a change of heart this easy. Can a duet performance make her to forget me and choose Junhyung?
 
"You better do something or you will lose her forever, Gikwang. I mean it."
 
I take a glance at Junhyung who smiles and claps his hands when the wedding kiss has ended. He notices that I'm looking at him and he gives me a wide grin and says, "Aren't they perfect?"
 
"Yeah," I answer and clap for them as well, returning my gaze to the officially married couple now.
 
What should I do so nobody will get hurt in the end?
 
 
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
I intertwine my fingers together, trying to calm myself down. I'm actually feeling really nervous, knowing that after Yoseob and Yonghwa's performance, it will be my turn with Junhyung.
 
I was really surprised when Yoseob, the groom, stepped on the stage and then sings a song for Sora. This is the first time I see a groom performes on his own wedding day. Not to mention the bride takes pictures of him with her camera.
 
Both of them are completely unordinary couple. However I find it very amusing and I envy them; I wonder if I can be like them one day.
 
"Nervous?" Junhyung asks me as he takes a stand next to me. "Don't worry. Everything is going to be alright. Just sing it from your heart. It's for them."
 
I know that instead of nervous, I'm actually worried because I don't have enough practice with Junhyung. Our rehearsal is not a really good one either, in my point of view. Maybe it's just me being too perfectionist but I really want to show the best for Sora and Yoseob.
 
"I'm sorry," he suddenly speaks, gaining my full attention. "I'm sorry for making you confused."
 
I don't manage to answer him because Yoseob and Yonghwa have stepped down the stage while both Dongwoon and Mina, Sora's cousin', have returned to the stage to call us up.
 
"That's the best groom!" Dongwoon announces with excitement. "Now we're going to have a special duet performance."
 
"The rapper of BEAST will sing today!" Mina exclaims, making the audiences to wonder who will sing with him. "Kim Rima and Yong Junhyung! Please give them a round of applause!"
 
"Come on," Junhyung pats my shoulder lightly and smiles to me. "Let's spread the love on this special day."
 
With his words, my anxiety disappears. I smile and then gather my courage altogether, joining him on the stage while the audiences give us continous applause.
 
While Junhyung takes the standing microphone, I sit behind the piano, putting my fingers on the white and black tunes.
 
He gives me a single nod with a smile so I will start the song. I take a really deep breath before I finally let my fingers to dance on the piano tunes.
 
"I'll be loving you forever
Deep inside my heart you'll leave me never
Even if you took my heart and tore it apart
I would love you still forever"
 
 
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
The song has started and both of us start it pretty well. The song is chosen by Gikwang and both of us agree to perform it because it suits the mood.
 
"You are the sun
You are my light
And you're the last thing on my mind
Before I go to sleep at night
You're always round
When I'm in need
When trouble's on my mind
You put my soul at ease
There is no one in this world,
Who can love me like you do,
That is the reason that I,
Wanna spend forever with you"
 
Rima is playing the piano for us and the melodies are echoing beautifully. I tighten my grip on the microphone, trying to focus on the refrain afterwards.
 
We always screwed the refrain part because we still lack the chemistry. One of us would be slower or faster than the other and it's actually a really big problem for us.
 
The other members tried to help us by giving us advices but, even during rehearsal, our harmony is still not good enough.
 
What happens next really surprise me. Doojoon, Hyunseung, Gikwang, and Dongwoon grab microphones and sing along with us through the refrain so both Rima and I can follow the rhythm perfectly.
 
"I'll be loving you forever
Deep inside my heart you'll leave me never
Even if you took my heart and tore it apart
I would love you still forever"
 
Gikwang gives me a wink and all of them whisper me 'hwaiting'. Rima keeps playing the piano but her smile is wider and brighter now.
 
I tell myself to forget about what happened between me, Gikwang, and Rima.
 
All I need to do is to sing for Yoseob and Sora for five minutes.
 
That's all.
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
When Rima and Junhyung start the song, I do feel a slight jealousy because they look good together. The moment Rima sings her part, I suddenly remember that they always messed the refrain part.
 
I leave my seat and tell all members except Yoseob to sing with them for the refrain part. All of us know the song and they agree to help because they believe that BEAST and Rima will do a great performance together.
 
"They don't have enough practice," Doojoon mutters as he hands me a microphone secretly while the audiences focus on Junhyung and Rima.
 
"We're a family who will help each other, right?" Hyunseung grins to me and turns on his microphone because the song will reach the refrain part.
 
"For Yoseob and Sora," Dongwoon makes a peace sign and lifts up the microphone. I do the same and finally we sing the refrain part in harmony, gaining more applause from the audiences.
 
Junhyung continues with his part. His voice may not as clear as Yoseob but his voice has its own color and I can't help to smile when he sings this love song.
 
"We've had our fun
We've made mistakes
But who'd have guessed along that road
We'd learn to give and take
It's so much more than I could have dreamed
Cause you make loving you, so easy for me"
 
I decide to sing the next part together with Junhyung. We never rehearsed this before but, as if we can read each other's mind, when I step forward, Junhyung looks at me and then we sing the part together.
 
"There is no one in this world
Who can love me like you do
That is the reason that I
Wanna spend forever with you"
 
We sing the refrain altogether once again but this time Yoseob has joined with us. He has the don't-leave-me-alone look with a grin on his face.
 
"I'll be loving you forever (forever)
Deep inside my heart you'll leave me never (don't ever leave)
Even if you took my heart (took my heart) and tore it apart (tore it apart, girl)
I would love you still forever"
 
Yoseob sings the next sentence while looking at Sora lovingly.
 
"And, girl, I pray you leave me never"
 
I guess I chose the right song.


✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
"Cause this is the world where lovers often go astray (often go astray)
But if we love each other, we won't go that way
So put your doubts aside
Do what it takes to make it right
I love you forever
No one can tear us apart"
 
Gikwang, Junhyung, and I sing the bridge part together. I was more than surprised when all members of BEAST join the stage to sing together. They give me warm smiles, as if they're welcoming me with them, to tell me that we can do a great performance.
 
"I'll be loving you forever
Deep inside my heart you'll leave me never
Even if you took my heart and tore it apart
I would love you still forever"
 
We finish the song with the last refrain before I end my piano playing and stand up to bow to the audiences.
 
Suddenly Gikwang takes my right hand and Junhyung takes my left hand, making me to stand between them so seven of us stand in a line before we bow together.
 
"Thank you," Junhyung murmurs to me, "for choosing me as your partner."
 
He looks at Gikwang and than hits his shoulder playfully with a smile, "And thank you for singing with us."
 
"Because we're family," Gikwang retorts happily as we walk down the stage. "Rima is also our family, right?"
 
My heart skips a beat when I hear Gikwang's words. His words are sincere and I must admit that I'm actually feeling really happy at the moment.
 
I excuse myself to the restroom, walking out from the wedding hall. When I am going to return to the hall, a voice stops me.
 
"Ah, aren't you Kim Rima? Junhyung's ex-girlfriend?" a reporter who is holding a camera lowers his camera and frowns, studying my expression. "Are you getting back together with Junhyung?"
 
His loud voice attracts the attention of other reporters who have followed me out after my performance.
 
This is what I'm worried about the performance.
 
"Some said you are 'Stranger', the mysterious composer of their new mini album," a female reporter with glasses chirps. "Is it true, Kim Rima?"
 
"You're jumping into your own conclusions," I walk to the door so I can avoid them. "The wedding party is still going on. Excuse me."
 
They start to take pictures and ask me endless questions despite the fact that I don't give them any answer. I stop myself from opening the door because I don't want to cause a chaos on Yoseob and Sora's wedding day.
 
"Please say something! If you don't say anything, we can take it as a yes, right?" another one states. "Is it true that you have a fiancee before you're with Junhyung?"
 
I clench my fists, feeling dizzy because of the cameras and questions. What should I say to make them go away?
 
Before I can think of anything, someone makes his way through the reporters and takes my hand, helping me to walk pass all of them even though the cameras keep taking pictures of us.
 
He embraces my hand tightly and we fasten our pace as he leads me out from the building, leaving the party without a word, trying to run away from the reporters who have seemed to forget about the wedding party.
 
"It's alright," he intertwines his fingers with mine without stopping even for a second. "I'm not going to let you go."
 
And then I feel a tug in my heart.
 
My heart starts to beat really, really, and really fast.
 
__________
 
Author's Note:
 
The title of the song they perform is "I'll Be Loving You Forever" by Westlife.
I think it's a really beautiful song to be performed on wedding day so I can't help but to put the song on this chapter.

 

 
I think I have added the song on my future wedding songs list. :3
 
So... who is 'he'?


>> just in case if you want to ask something or else,
you can ask me via twitter @affkyuri91 . :) <<