33 | The Talk

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
I read an article about the public announcement of my fake relationship with Junhyung. There are various comments regarding the news.
 
Some are really surprised and give me harsh words, saying that I'm only using Junhyung for fame. Some are happy because Junhyung finally found a new love. The others are still supporting Junhyung and Hara to become as one again. The rest are asking about my engagement with Eric Hazelwine.
 
I bet Eric didn't see this to come. By publishing the pictures and now I'm well known as Junhyung's girlfriend, he has no option but to cancel the engagement or both our names will be stained.
 
At least before my father kill me for taking such a big decision without him knowing a single thing but, hey, he did the same about the engagement party before.
 
"Are you worried?" a familiar voice asks me from behind. I look around to see Gikwang is walking to my side, taking a seat right next to me. "About this whole act."
 
"If you count that I'm afraid to be ripped into pieces by his fans, then yes, I am worried," I turn off my iPod and unplug my earphone.
 
"You don't need to do this if you don't want to," Gikwang tells me softly. "I don't think it's a good thing to be burden by this whole scenario idea."
 
"This is the least thing I can do for BEAST. All of you have been really nice to me," I form a small smile on my lips. "I don't think I want to put your career on the edge just because I don't want to do a favor."
 
I look at him and wonder what he is thinking right now. Do I need to tell him that there is nothing between me and Junhyung?
 
"Rima...," he suddenly places his hand on my cheek. His eyes are filled with sadness.
 
"What is it?" I ask him because he doesn't say a word. He just looks at me in silence.
 
All of a sudden, he pulls me into a hug, letting me to rest my face on his chest. I can feel his breath on my hair as he whispers, "Don't fall in love for real with Junhyung..."
 
My heart skips a beat when I hear his words. Why does he suddenly say those words? Why does he even bother if I really fall in love with Junhyung?
 
Before I can even ask him, someone just opens the door. Both of us quickly pull away so we can see who is opening the door.
 
Yoseob and Sora.
 
"Err...," I try to find a word to say after they found Gikwang and I hugging. I cover my mouth with the back of my hand, blushing really hard.
 
"I thought you have schedule with CN Blue, Sora," Gikwang speaks calmly and stands up.
 
"Their schedule is cancelled," Sora answers but her eyes are locked on me. "I think I will stay here until dinner."
 
I can see both Sora and Yoseob exchange looks before Sora asks me politely, "Rima, do you mind if I talk with Gikwang for a moment?"
 
"Ah, sure," I blurt out the answer without thinking. I stand up from the sofa, "I'm going outside for a while. I need to call my private tutor first. Excuse me."
 
I storm out from their apartment and lean my back against the wall. My heart is beating really fast; thanks to Gikwang.
 
Why? Why did he tell me not to fall in love with Junhyung?
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
"I'll talk to him," I hear Sora mumbles to Yoseob after Rima has walked out from our apartment. "Talk with Junhyung, okay?"
 
Yoseob nods slightly and then walks to Junhyung's room direction. He knocks the door twice before he opens the door and steps inside, closing the door behind him.
 
"So...," Sora steps closer to me and then gives me a sign to sit with her, "...what was that about? You and Rima."
 
I can feel heat creeps to my cheeks as I drop my gaze with embarrasment. What kind of explanation I shall give to Sora after she saw me hugged Rima?
 
"I...," I murmur vividly, thinking about the right words to say. "I just... I just asked her about this fake relationship issue..."
 
Sora frowns but still putting her usual expressionless face, "Do you mind if she is in real relationship with Junhyung?"
 
I feel a pang in my heart as she asks me the question. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, trying to control myself, "Why do you ask?"
 
"Because I think you like her," Sora states firmly. As usual, she doesn't hold back what her thought is. She blurts out whatever she is thinking.
 
I force a small smile and look up to see her face. Now I know why Rima sometimes reminds me of Sora; both of them are always honest with their words. Though they look fierce and tough, they are actually soft-hearted.
 
Looks like I always fall in love with that type of girl.
 
"Even if I do, is there anything I can do to change the fact that she is going to be Junhyung's girlfriend for a month?" I try to lift up the atmosphere with a laughter. "I think they will make a good couple."
 
"Gikwang," Sora gives me a warning tone, "don't say a thing that you don't mean. You'll regret it one day."
 
Her words pierce me without mercy. Her gaze softens as she continues, "You are a good friend for me, Gikwang. I know you're not that clueless to figure out that Junhyung must have special feeling for Rima. That picture tells everything."
 
Even without her explanation, I already knew that Junhyung has a crush on Rima. That's why he kissed her. That's why he asked me that question.
 
"I know," I chuckle with sad tone. I stop and sigh heavily, "Tell me, Sora, what should I do?"
 
Sora looks at me with concerned look as she puts her hand on my shoulder, "I will not say that I'm going to choose who I will support. Both of you and Junhyung are like my own family."
 
I take a deep breath and turn to look at her, "I know. I'm sorry for being non sense. Can you please keep this conversation as a secret?"
 
Sora gives me an assuring nod, "I promise."
 
I always fall for someone who my best friend loves, don't I?
 
 
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
I am staring blankly at the screen of my Mac while the track is playing on my media player, echoing in my room.
 
As much as I want to spend time together with Rima, she actually draws a vivid line between us, as if she wants to tell me that our relationship is only an act and nothing more.
 
Unfortunately I want it to be real.
 
The knocks on my door blow away my concentration. I stop the track and walk to the door lazily, opening the door to reveal Yoseob is standing with a grin on his face.
 
"Can we talk for a moment?" he asks the question but it's actually a rhetorical one. Without waiting for my answer, he pushes the door and steps inside, closing it silently.
 
"What is it?" I sit on my bed and look at him. It must be something important if he comes to my room just to talk with me.
 
"As a groupmate and your good friend, I am wondering...," he mumbles, having a curious look on his face, "...why you kissed Rima at the first place in the picture?"
 
I know that someone will finally ask the question sooner or later, especially because they know that Rima and I are not in a real relationship. I guess Yoseob will be the first to know the reason behind the kiss.
 
"You know that I will never do that to someone I don't love," I intertwine my fingers and stare at them with unfocused eyes. "I do deserve second chance in love, don't I?"
 
Yoseob is pretty quick in catching the points in a conversation. He makes his own conclusion precisely, "You have confessed to her, haven't you?"
 
I nod and heave a sigh, "I guess I am the only one who is happy with this relationship thing. She doesn't want this to happen."
 
"Look, Junhyung, I'm not trying to lecture you but I think you really need to think carefully about everything," Yoseob tucks his hands inside his pockets. "If you don't remember, we're going to meet KARA in two weeks for the recording."
 
A tug in my heart makes me to clench my fist when I hear Yoseob mentions KARA. I'm going to meet Hara in person after months.
 
"If you're serious about Rima, I will say nothing. However if you are still unsure about your own feeling...," Yoseob pauses for seconds, "...please think about everything, Junhyung. I know you don't want to hurt anyone."
 
I look up to see his eyes. He looks at me with worried look. I stand up and pat his shoulder twice, "Don't worry. I know what I'm doing."
 
I don't want to hurt anyone but it's impossible.
 
Between three of us, whether it's me, Gikwang, or Rima...
 
Someone will be hurt in the end.