20 | The First

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
I switch the television channel randomly, trying to find something to divert my attention. I stop when I see KARA is being interviewed in a channel.
 
"We are doing our best for our promotion so...," Hara keeps talking with her usual sweet smile. She hasn't changed at all, still the beautiful and sweet girl.
 
"Rima, do you want to be my girlfriend?"
 
Finally I said it. I asked her the question I had kept inside me for a while. Actually I didn't plan to ask her; I just wanted to take a walk out, far from Gikwang so I could be with her alone.
 
When I saw her blushed cheeks, when I embraced her hand... I didn't want to lose her. I just wanted to tell her that I was serious and I didn't see her as Hara's substitute.
 
"Junhyung, I...," she paused for seconds, giving me a really apologetic expression which, ironically, I knew the reason pretty well. "I'm sorry, Junhyung..."
 
I mentally slapped myself from being the world biggest fool. Who would confess to a girl who had told you that she liked someone else? Who would asked a girl to become your girlfriend when there was no chance for him to be accepted by her?
 
Yes, it's me.
 
I took her hand close to my lips so I could kiss her fingers. I closed my eyes and murmured loud enough for her to hear, "I love you..."
 
Rima flinched a little and she tried to pull her hand away from me but I tightened my grip. I glanced at her, ignoring my rapid heartbeat. I tilted my head and kissed her palm, "Let me love you..."
 
I knew how hurt it was to be rejected yet I kept going on. I knew there was no place for me in Rima's heart for now but it could change, right?
 
Not that I didn't care about Gikwang. He was my family and I knew his love history was not really good either but that didn't mean I must gave up on mine; Rima was the one who could choose.
 
"Junhyung, stop-," she tried to struggle but I stopped her by cupping her cheek with my other hand. I leaned really close to her until I could brush my lips with hers yet I didn't press mine on her lips.
 
She held her breath and stopped struggling. I let go of her hand and shifted my lips to kiss her forehead before pulling her close into a hug. I buried my face in her hair, inhaling her sweet scent that made me drunk.
 
We stood still in silence until she blurted out the statement that made my heart to stop beating for a second.
 
I stare at the television screen as Hara laughs along with her groupmates. I'm glad she looks alright but then again who knows if all of these are just professional acts.
 
When I hear the sound of someone just steps out from his room, I quickly turn off the television and turn around. Gikwang walks out from his room with his black jacket and glasses, ready to go somewhere.
 
"Where are you going?" I frown, feeling really curious because it's already 11 PM. Everyone is in their room, doing their own activities while I stay in the main room.
 
We just returned from our schedule around two hours ago. Since yesterday each of us are really tired due to our tight schedules so we decide to stay at the apartment tonight.
 
Don't tell me that he is going to meet Rima.
 
"I want to buy something," he answers me calmly, having his usual smile. "I will be back around midnight though. Do you want me to buy you something?"
 
Feeling a little bit better, I shake my head and force a smile, "No. Don't stay out too late. You need to take a good rest."
 
"I know," he laughs softly and wears his shoes. He looks up to me, giving me a look that he wants to say something but he just smiles to me, "I'm going now."
 
After Gikwang closed the door behind him, I take a glance of my phone but there is no new notification of anything. What am I expecting?
 
I don't think Rima want to see me now after what I did. I was too bold that she must really hates me now.
 
"Rima...," I murmur to myself, feeling that my heart is aching. "Tell me what to do..."
 
 
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
I stare at the musical notes I just finished a moment ago. At least I manage to finish another song. I just need Junhyung to check it and add the rap part somehow.
 
Out from eleven, it means I have finish eight. I only need to work for two more since Junhyung wants to compose one by himself, pure without my help. He has said it from the start and I obey him, of course.
 
We have a deal to agree with from the first.
 
It's amazing how I can compose a song after what happened two days ago between me and Junhyung. I touch my lips with my fingers and my heart skips a beat when I remember how close he was to me that day.
 
"Let me love you...," Junhyung kissed my palm gently and if it was possible, my heart could had jumped out. I tried to pull away, telling him to stop but he didn't.
 
He cupped my cheek and leaned extremely close to me. Our lips were close enough to touch each other but he didn't press his lips on mine. I held my breath and closed my eyes since I couldn't imagine what would happen next.
 
The next thing I knew was he kissed my forehead and hugged me tight. I blinked, blushing really hard that I couldn't say anything.
 
After minutes passed, I cleared my throat awkwardly and decided to straighten everything; I couldn't be his girlfriend.
 
Not now. Not ever.
 
He knew perfectly I fell in love with Gikwang. Besides we had agreed from the start that we're only strangers who would be there to help each other. I also agreed to a deal with President Hong that I would only stay as his cousin.
 
And... somehow my heart told me another thing.
 
"Junhyung...," I slightly pushed him away. "You don't love me."
 
He let me go slowly and stared at me with confused look, "What are you saying, Rima?"
 
"How long had you been in a relationship with Hara?" I blurted out the question. He was taken aback by the question so he didn't answer it. "Almost two years if I'm right, isn't it?"
 
He kept silence so I continued again, "When did you break up with her? Four or five months ago, right?"
 
"What are you trying to say?" he clenched his fists and I knew he had a feeling already about where this conversation was heading too.
 
I believed that he only looked at me as someone who consoled his heart. He didn't love me. He just thought that he loved me when he didn't.
 
"I'm just the perfect stranger who appeared at the right time in your life," I said firmly. "It's impossible for you to forget the one you love for two years in just months, isn't it? Junhyung, you still love Ha-"
 
I never finished the words.
 
Junhyung kissed me.
 
My lips.
 
He cupped my face, deepening the kiss passionately. I was freezed due to the sudden act while he kept kissing me.
 
Before I could even stop him, he broke the kiss and stared at my eyes with serious expression, "I never kiss someone that I don't love, Rima..."
 
I was too shocked to say anything to him.
 
It's my first kiss.
 
Without saying a word because of embarrassment, I pushed him away with all my strength and turned around, running away as fast as possible. I could hear he called out my name but when we had reached the crowded road, he stopped running because it might attract attention.
 
I used the chance to run again, heading back to my room. When I thought I was faster than him because I only needed to open my door, he caught up with me in instance.
 
"Rima!" he grabbed my wrist and made me to turn around to face him. I tried to struggle from him because I didn't want to see his face. "Stop! Yah! Rima, wh-"
 
I unconsciously raised my hand and slapped his left cheek. I was even surprised by what I just did. I covered my mouth, feeling really stupid. I didn't intend to slap him.
 
I just wanted him to stop because I could explode if he kept that close to me.
 
"Is that your answer?" he murmured, cupping his own cheek with his hand. "You're not going to give me any chance?"
 
A tear escaped my eyes.
 
It's the first time I cried in front of someone else. I never cried ever since I was little because my emotion was quite stable.
 
Instead of giving him an answer, I opened the door and rushed inside, locking the door while tears rolling down on my cheeks.
 
My phone ringtone stops my wandering mind abruptly. I find Gikwang's name on the screen and it's quite suprising since it's midnight already.
 
I haven't seen him since yesterday due to their schedule. That's why I haven't met Junhyung either. I heard they had another schedule this morning for their upcoming collaboration project or something like that.
 
"Rima?" Gikwang mumbles when I have picked up the call. "Are you sleeping or... I need your help, Rima..."
 
"Eh?" I gasp and stand up. "W-What is it? What happened?"
 
"Can you come out first?" he requests with low voice as if he is afraid someone can hear. "Please, Rima..."
 
"Ah, okay," I rush to wear my shoes and unlock my door. "A minute. Where are yo-"
 
When I open the door, I almost drop my phone when I see what's in front of my eyes.