36 | The Offer

My Perfect Stranger

✗ Lee Gikwang ✗

I stare at my phone wallpaper, a picture of Rima which I took when we went to the Moonlight Rainbow Fountain.

How ironic that her bright smile in the picture just makes my heart ache this time. I miss her confident smile. Will she give me one when I see her again now... after what happened a week ago?

"Stop it, Hara!" I quickly stopped Hara before she could land another slap on Rima's face.

Rima walked away without a word, leaving me dumbfounded with Hara.


"Why?!" Hara pulled her hand from me while tears were streaming down on her cheeks. I couldn't think anything else than the fact that she was actually crying for Junhyung; because she just witnessed his current girlfriend with his groupmate.

Hara didn't have any idea that Junhyung and Rima's relationship was only an act... or maybe it's actually changing into a fact.

I didn't understand why Rima acted so weird by telling Hara that she was cheating on Junhyung. She was trying to do something; she was working on an unknown plan by doing this.

"Hara, please don't misunderstand," I tried to keep myself calm because I really wanted to chase after Rima. "I can't explain everything at this moment but I promise I will explain it later."

I bowed slightly to her and rushed to find Rima. As much as I knew, Rima never lied. She was too confident to make up a lie unless it's necessary.

Now she must be hurting by the whole complicated situation. She must acted as if she was Junhyung's girlfriend, scolded by someone else for cheating, and...

...another reason that made her cried.

However I never managed to talk with her. Rima returned to the filming site and avoided me with all her will. No matter how many times I called her or texted her, she didn't give me any respond.

Thanks to my hectic schedule for our comeback, I don't even have time to visit her house. I really want to talk with her... or at least see her smile again.

The only text message I received from her is a really short text message from yesterday night that breaks my heart into pieces whenever I remember it.

"I'm busy."

If loving her means nothing, maybe I really must stop before falling deeper for her. This must be least difficult; I've experienced worse when I was in love with Sora.

I haven't confessed to Rima yet and maybe she will never know about my feeling for her.

I think I really need to stop loving her.


✗ Yong Junhyung ✗

I look around to make sure that I'm on the right track. When I see the big house, my smile widen because I know that I have found the right house.

"Pick it up, pick it up," I murmur to myself, waiting for Rima to pick my call. I've been trying to call her for numerous times today but I still haven't heard her voice.

Feeling slightly annoyed, I decide to send a text message to her.

"I'm in front of your house."

A week has passed since the day Gikwang found me and Rima together. Rima returned to the filming site when it's my turn. She didn't say anything and just stayed by Sora's side until our schedule was finished.

She excused herself to return while we needed to continue our schedule. I never mentioned about what happened after that with Gikwang since he didn't say anything as well to me.

Trying to be a professional, I worked my schedule, shoving the negative thoughts of my relationship with Rima and Gikwang; I would handle it later. It's really difficuly because I knew that Rima was hiding something from me.

The front gate of Kim residence suddenly opens up and a woman walks towards me. She has a genuine smile as she greets me, "You must be Yong Junhyung. Rima is waiting for you inside."

She introduces herself as Lee Yujin, the one Kim family hires as Rima's private tutor. She tells me that Rima is in the music room since the morning. Yujin walks me to the room before leaving me to enter the room by myself.

I take a deep breath, feeling nervous for no reason. What should I say to her after a week? Should I apologize to her? Is she mad at me because I kissed her when we're actually not a real couple?

Whatever excuse I will give to her, I must admit that I want to see her again. The feeling of missing her and guilty for visiting her without telling Gikwang strike me in the same time when I knock the door thrice.

There is no respond so I open the door slowly to find Rima is playing the piano, letting her delicate fingers to dance on the tunes in harmony. She doesn't stop even when I have closed the door.

I immediately recognize the song as one of the songs we composed together for BEAST's upcoming album. Right when she has finished the refrain part, she stops abruptly and sighs heavily, "What are you doing here?"

"Yah, you asked Yujin to come here!" I frown. I doesn't understand this girl at all. Actually I'm wondering why her arrogance side is not one of the obstacles for me to love her deeper.

"I mean why did you come here at the first place?" Rima stands up and finally looks at me with cold gaze. "I don't remember that we have anything to do in my house."

I open my mouth to ask about what happened between her and Gikwang last week but the words are stuck inside of me. Rima looks like she is going to cry any second and I don't want to see her cry.

"I'm free today," I clear my throat nervously and tuck my hands inside of my pockets. "Let's go somewhere."

Rima looks at me, studying my face in a flash before she quickly scoffs, "You wish. I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Don't you want to watch Korean traditional performances?" I blurt out the question which I know will make her dilemma. "There is a show combining percussion and string performances, break dancing, martial arts, and dance."

There are seconds of silence before she finally murmurs vividly, "Where is the show?"

I know she will never resist an offer for musical performance. Especially an unique one.

"I'll take you there," I grin to her, happy to know that I can go with her alone. "It's a really great show."

I can consider it as a date, can't I?


✗ Kim Rima ✗

I look at my reflection on the mirror, making sure that my clothes are tidy enough. I fix my hat position and run my fingers to touch the necklace around my neck.

The image of Gikwang flashes again. It really hurts just to remember that he actually doesn't bother with the fact about how close I am with Junhyung. He even thinks that I look good with him.

For a week I avoided contacts with any of them, trying to adjust my own feeling. I never expected that Junhyung would come by himself to my house. As much as I don't want to see them, I couldn't let him stand alone in front of my house, could I?

Junhyung is really tricky. When he mentioned about a musical show, my curiosity took over the control because I really want to see it. I finally gave up and changed my clothes while he waits for me downstairs.

"It's not a date," I tell myself out loud, confirming myself that I just want to watch the show and Junhyung just shows me the place. "There is nothing between you and Junhyung, Kim Rima. This all couple stuff is just an act."

Right. My plan is to get Junhyung and Hara together before I leave the whole complicated world, back to my old but peaceful life without love.

No Gikwang. No Junhyung. No BEAST.

Nothing.

I'm not running away from reality. After all nothing is lost; everyone will deserve the best. My feeling for Gikwang is only one-sided love and Junhyung will receive the love once again from Hara.

It's all for the best, right?

I shake my head quickly to return my senses back. I walk downstairs to find Junhyung is talking with Yujin. They stop talking when Yujin notices my presence, giving me a warm smile, "Looks like you're ready to go, Rima."

Junhyung blinks, examining my appearance from head to toe. I ignore his stare and walk to them, "I'll be back soon, Unnie."

I walk to the front door, not even bothering to look at Junhyung first. For my surprise, he fastens his pace to open the door for me. He gives me a smirk, "There you go, my lady."

I prevent heat to creep on my cheeks by storming out from the house, ignoring the fact that Junhyung's little act as a gentleman makes my heart skip a beat.

When a taxi has stopped in front of us, once again Junhyung shows his gentleman act by opening the door for me with a smile, "Please step inside, my lady."

I roll my eyes and step inside the taxi, waiting for him to take a seat next to me. I look away from him, letting my eyes to look at the scenery outside while he gives directions to the driver.

"You know that it's a date, right?" Junhyung chooses to break the silence on our way to the place. "I consider this as our first date anyway."

"This is not a date," I state firmly, still avoiding to look at him. "You're just offering me to take a look at a good place around. That's all."

"People don't see it that way, Rima. People see us as a couple, remember?" he chuckles softly, making me to take a glance at him. "Do you know that you look really sweet with your yellow dress?"

This time I fail to stop myself from blushing because of his flattering attempt. I lift up my right hand to cover my mouth, feeling that my face is burning.

"W-Where are we going actually?" I try to divert the conversation, ignoring his restrained laughter. I look around when the taxi is slowing down.

My eyes stop as a high building fills my sight. I stare at the building with amazement the moment the taxi stops at Junhyung's request.

He quickly pays the driver and steps out from the taxi, opening the door for me with a wide smile.

"Welcome to 63 City."