The End of All Evil?

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        

 

   

         Taehyung had to be precise with his shots, calculating the wind and the movements of the hybrids below, careful not to hit one of his own pack members. It was more daunting than he realized. He was better off aiming at ones not in contact with anyone, the ones just moving along the grass for their next target. The only problem was they were all fast and he only had seconds to act. He had killed at least ten already, but he felt like he wasn't doing enough.

     Below, Namjoon was fighting off hybrids easily, with his power, they were no match for him, but an unrealistic number of them seemed to be coming after him all at once. He needed to find Jungkook and Seokjin, but every time he managed to break free, another was on him, it seemed like all the hybrids were targeting him.

     Jungkook took out several hybrids at the gate of the cemetery before stopping to attend to a small cut on his forearm, dabbing at the blood and snarling from the pain. He stepped over a body and stopped to look back. Minwoo. Jimin and Taehyung's father didn't even stand a chance - he was overrun the minute the hybrids broke through the small building in the back and spilled out into the graveyard.

     Jungkook barely had time to turn around, Cato tore over the landscape and tackled him to the ground, knocking the air out of him. They rolled around, over the roots of the old trees and patches of grass and dirt, slicing at each other with their claws. Jungkook pushed Cato off him and stood to face him down, saliva dripping off his protruding teeth, he was itching to take this bastard out.

     “You’re not going to win, young one,” Cato sneered. Jungkook growled out ferociously, he wasn’t going to cower to mere words.

    Cato and Jungkook both leaped forward and collided with each other midair, Cato caught Jungkook by the throat and slammed him down to the ground so hard he bounced off it. Jungkook transformed back to a human instantly, unable to maintain his beast form with the sudden trauma to his body. He attempted to crawl away, but the coughing slowed him, the pain was excruciating, like all of his sensory nerves were on fire.

     “Oh, best to give up now, the more you fight me, the more painful I am going to make it,” Cato growled. Jungkook kept inching forward, he was not going to give in and just let Cato kill him that easily.

     Cato reached down and grabbed the back of the younger’s hair pulling his head backward, he drew back his clawed hand but just as he was about to swipe, Yoongi came dashing past, connecting his shoulder with Cato and knocking him off balance. Cato dropped Jungkook and turned quickly, enraged, he reached out and nabbed Yoongi as he made his second attempt at him. He held the vampire up by the front of his shirt staring into his eyes.

     “Why would you save this boy? You don’t even like him,” Cato was astounded, staring at Yoongi dangling in midair.

     “Isn’t picking on a whelp beneath you?” Yoongi kicked at him, unable to free himself from Cato's hold.

     “Your species is no match for me, it was foolish of you to even waste your time,” Cato took a bite, clamping down into the crook of Yoongi's neck.  

     “ you,” Yoongi yelled out; a mangled mix of pain and tears. He tried to push Cato away, but his beast form was too strong. His shoulder was throbbing, the pain so intense, he could feel Cato's teeth scraping his bone. He couldn't stand it anymore, he knew he was about to pass out. Seokjin, help. His body went limp and Cato removed his teeth from the vampire's flesh, his lips pursing at the taste, vampire blood had a hint of death.

     Seokjin darted up through the opening, stopping as he saw Yoongi's body being thrown down to the dirt, the growl he let out was murderous, deepened by his new-found powers, “CATO!”

     Cato turned to him, admiring his grandson’s new form, "You've figured out how to use my hybrid's power to enhance your own."

     Seokjin watched as Namjoon approached, bending down to attend to Jungkook, "You shouldn't have shown me how to drain."

     "It's quite gratifying, isn't it?" Cato went on, oblivious, "Minotaurs. Genius I know."

     "You talk too much," Seokjin barked, glancing back down at Namjoon as he grabbed Jungkook and Yoongi and removed them and himself from the scene with a simple spell. He refocused his gaze back on Cato.

     "Would you rather I drain you now and be done with it?" Cato answered.

     "I know your stalling until midnight, when my power is at its strongest."

     "I need to take care of your lover first," Cato didn't seem to mind holding in his secrets now, "I wouldn't dare give him the chance to kill me, draining your power would take a considerable amount of time, I will not leave myself exposed."

     "You think Jungkook has the power to kill you?" Seokjin laughed.

     "I know what my wife did, the measures she took to make Jungkook stronger. She thought it was funny." Cato looked up at the full moon, cracking his neck, "I also know the power he needed to kill me died with Jacker. I guess I have to at least thank you for that."

     Seokjin was not amused, he knew that was a huge mistake on his part, how he let his pride get in the way, "You knew I would-"

     "Onyx ego," Cato knew he played him well, "Always predictable."

     Seokjin also knew Namjoon had a plan, and apparently, Cato hadn't considered there was another who was strong enough to give their power… That's when it dawned on him, the only one left with that sort of power was Namjoon himself. Namjoon is going to sacrifice himself? He looked back towards the castle, alarmed. No, Namjoon, what are you thinking? Seokjin could not let that happen, without their leader, they would all be lost. Seokjin felt with his new power, he could take Cato down now, here, without anyone else getting hurt...

 

     Namjoon set Yoongi down on the couch, feeling for a pulse, it was weak, too weak.  Jungkook cried out and he turned to focus his attention on the younger.

     "My-My back." Jungkook flinched as Namjoon placed his hand on his shoulder.

     "You will heal." Namjoon glared into the younger's eyes, "Jungkook what I'm going to ask you to do now is very important, you need to listen to me and don't question it."

     Namjoon helped Jungkook up to a sitting position, using the couch to prop his back against.

     "What?" Jungkook winced as he moved his back a bit, feeling Namjoon's hands gripping both his shoulders now. He looked up at his leader.

     "You're going to take my power-"

     "Take your power? What are you talking about?"

     "Jacker wasn't the only one who had the power you need to defeat Cato-"

     "It will kill you-" Jungkook gasped, he couldn't believe Namjoon was asking this of him.

     "It won't kill me, it'll just make me mortal." Namjoon took a deep breath, "Trust me."

     "If you're mortal, you're as good as dead," Jungkook shook his head, "No."

     "Don't argue with me, Jungkook," Namjoon yelled, "You need to do this now."

     "I will not be the one to kill you, let Seokjin do this, get him-"

     "Jungkook, there was a reason you were picked to take Cato down."

     "What do you mean?"

     "You have to be the one to do this," Namjoon spoke softly, "Seokjin cannot."

     Jungkook felt chills run through his body, "Why can't he?"

     "Because if he were to drain my power, it would corrupt him."

     "No, I don't believe that, he's stronger than me-"

     "He may be stronger than you, but he is also a red at heart. If Seokjin were to take this power, it would change him. You're a blue, that's why Cato wanted to kill you when he found out. It was written that Seokjin had to be the one to kill Jacker, but you have to be the one to take his power."

     "All these prophecies by stupid people that know nothing," Jungkook pushed Namjoon back and leaned up on his knees, "I write my own fate, you understand?"

     Namjoon nodded. He understood at this very moment, for him to give up his power he was writing his own fate now.

     "When I tell you to stop, you have to stop."

     Jungkook didn't like this, he knew once he was done that Namjoon wouldn't be able to defend himself. He didn't understand why the stupid Gods were letting this happen, why would they see Namjoon dead? None of it made sense and worst of all, these prophecies - what was stopping someone from spewing out bull? How could he believe any of this was supposed to happen this way?

     Namjoon rolled over, propping himself on the couch so that his back was facing the younger. Jungkook held up his hand, his claws growing through his fingertips, he made a fist, drawing his own blood, he needed to get himself mad enough to be able to do this.

     "This is murder," Jungkook mumbled to himself, hating everything.

     "Do it!" Namjoon yelled and Jungkook closed his eyes, he slowly inserted his fingertips into the lower part of Namjoon's back, the elder flinched slightly, scrunching up his face, thinking of anything to dull the pain. He didn't want to freak Jungkook out by screaming out, he knew the younger wouldn't continue if he knew how agonizing it was. Jungkook could feel his energy, it felt so strange; powerful, pure. He felt it enter through the tips of his fingers and flow up his arm. The sensation overcame him, it didn't stop, streaming through him so fast he felt dizzy. He opened his eyes and threw back his head, so much puissance inside of his leader, he almost couldn't handle it. Namjoon's eyes began to roll back in his head, weakening as his energy drained from him.

     It went on for a good five minutes before Namjoon muttered out a weak stop and Jungkook withdrew his hand. Namjoon rolled off the couch and collapsed on the floor, barely able to open his eyes, "Go find Cato, hurry."

Jungkook stood, his blue eyes darkened to a very vivid midnight blue, he looked down at both of his hands, everything felt amplified, he could feel Namjoon's heartbeat and he could hear the screams of his pack members outside, he could smell the blood that soiled the ground. He glared out the window up at the moon, his fangs growing past his lip.

     “Hurry Jungkook, I sense Seokjin is in danger,” Namjoon bellowed.

     Jungkook transfigured into a beast, but he wasn't the same as before, his dark blue eyes were now framed by flowing snowy white fur, like some majestic animal king. Namjoon looked up at him, he blinked a few times, his eyes unable to focus properly. White wolf!?

     Hoseok came to the doorway and stopped short, staring in awe at Jungkook for a moment. He moved aside as Jungkook darted towards him and out of the room. Hoseok hurried over to Namjoon, giving a wave of his hand, the office door slammed shut. He threw up a protective barrier then turned to help Namjoon back onto the couch.

     "Tend to Yoongi-" Namjoon pushed Hoseok to the side towards where Yoongi's body was still sprawled out on the carpet, "I don't know if he made it."

     Hoseok looked down at the pale vampire, his blood had already stained the remnant a dark crimson, his shirt was soaked and was no longer white, and all the visible parts of his skin were covered in clotted blood, it looked horrific. He felt Yoongi's neck, his pulse was faint, but he was alive. He had to stop the bleeding or there was no way Yoongi would last another five minutes. He stood up and grabbed the blanket from the arm of the couch, noticing that outside there was a drooling hybrid with its face plastered to the window staring at him, he yelled out startled. Namjoon looked up.

     "You can't let them in here."

     "Induravitque speculo," Hoseok chanted just as the hybrid drew back his fist. When he connected with the glass, he yowled out in pain, the glass was as hard as a rock. Hoseok bent back down to Yoongi, he tore the blanket in half and wrapped Yoongi's shoulder with one of the pieces, tying it tightly, so that he could get the bleeding to slow. He held his hand to the wound, quickly pulling his hand away.

     "What's wrong?" Namjoon asked, crawling over to them.

     "Something isn't right here, "Hoseok looked at Namjoon, it was like something evil was hovering over the bloodied vampire, "I dunno if I can save him."

     "Try." Namjoon urged.

 

     Seokjin was plastered against the wall of the mausoleum, Cato's claws dug deep into his forearms, his teeth dangerously close to Seokjin's neck. Seokjin tried with all his might to push Cato off him, but it was too late, Cato sunk his teeth into his collarbone.

     Seokjin dropped quick, turning into his human form, his body twitching as he grabbed his neck and squeezed. Cato bent down and removed Seokjin's hand and bit down again, Seokjin screamed out, using every ounce of energy he had left he punched Cato's chest, but his blows were ignored as Cato tore at his flesh and his energy began to wane.

     Everything went dark, Seokjin was slipping away, every memory flashing through his mind. No, I can't leave Jungkook. Fight Seokjin. Fight!  Seokjin somehow managed to bring his leg up and kick Cato off of him. He turned over onto his stomach, blood flowing from his open wound and pooling below him. He pushed up on his knees, swaying sideways and catching himself with his hands as he hit the ground again. He stumbled up like a drunk man, unable to steady himself. He leaned his back against the mausoleum wall for support, watching Cato as he approached, a harrowing look in his grandfather's eyes. Seokjin wouldn't survive another bite, he couldn't let Cato get him.

     "Cato," Jungkook growled and both Cato and Seokjin's attention jolted to Jungkook, standing there, his breaths making his chest heave up and down. Cato stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Jungkook's white fur, he knew what this meant.

     "But how?" Cato looked over at Seokjin, who fell to his knees.

     "You better run," Seokjin laughed, coughing up blood. Seokjin looked over at Jungkook, admiring the beautiful creature that stood before him, smiling slightly before he passed out, landing on his face in a puff of dirt. Cato turned quick and ran off towards the castle, Jungkook on his heel, chasing him through the grassy field.

     Cato burst through the front door, stumbling, he turned to shut it but Jungkook was too close, he plowed through the doors like they were made of tissue paper. He grabbed Cato's leg and pulled him down, dragging him along the marble floor, he swung him around and flung him into the rail of the staircase, the momentum carried him through, he landed on the floor below it with a thunderous thump, the splintered wood raining down on him.

     Hoseok jerked his head towards the door, it sounded like something was tearing the house apart. He turned to Namjoon. "If I can make it to the lab, I can help him."

     "Then go," Namjoon nodded.

     "I can't leave you here, I can't maintain the barrier if I'm not in the room."

     "We'll both go, grab Yoongi."

     Hoseok bent down and picked Yoongi up in his arms, he turned to Namjoon as he wobbled to stand and they both turned to the door, Namjoon opened it as the barrier deteriorated. They headed down the hallway and came to the foyer, where Jungkook was standing over Cato, reaching down to pick him up again. They made their way past the two, ducking as Jungkook once again flung the elder into the wall across from them. They hurried their pace and ran towards the lower level stairs, having to stop once as a hybrid ran past them and chased a pack member into the library.

     The lab was a mess, but empty. Hoseok sealed the door and laid Yoongi down on the table. He turned to go to the cabinet, searching through several bottles of liquids. He stopped to think for a moment and then remembered that his balms were in the bottom drawer. He opened it and grabbed a canister and ran over to Yoongi, unscrewing the top. He took some on to his fingers, spreading it over both of his palms, he then rubbed his palms together to create friction, heating the balm to activate it. He looked up at Namjoon.

     "Hold him," Hoseok directed, "Tig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter