Seokjin's Thirst

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

 

     Seokjin evaded Hoseok's early morning brain-scrambling session by going with Jungkook to pick out new phones, settling on matching Samsung Galaxys in a pretty purple. Afterward, they stopped at the local ice cream shoppe down the road, indulging in the daily special - triple scoop chocolate in waffle cones with two spoons, although Seokjin had only taken one bite.

     "Smile," Jungkook juggled the phone and his cone as he took a picture of Seokjin's awkward fake smile to set as his contact.

     "Jungkook, I can tell you anything without you judging me, right?" Seokjin was deep in thought.

     "Yeah of course, why?" Jungkook put his phone in his pocket, taking a of his ice cream.

     Seokjin looked around, the street was crowded with tourists and old people running errands. The ice cream shoppe had several young people who were goofing off to the side of them, and between the teenagers on bikes riding past and mother's with their children going in and out of the clothing store across the street, he was distracted a bit. No one really paid them attention though... all these clueless humans.

     "When I was down in the tunnels, trying to figure out a way to escape," Seokjin looked at Jungkook, who was his ice cream, "Cato was laying there dying-"

     Jungkook was getting a bad feeling, "What did you do?"

     "I drained him, I was so weak and I thought he was too far gone, but the amount of power that flowed through me Jungkook, it was huge, nothing like I ever felt before-"

     "You drained him?" Jungkook's ice cream fell off the cone, but he didn't bother to look down, he just stared at Seokjin.

     "If I hadn't, I would be dead right now," Seokjin assured him.

     "Are you sure about that?"

     "You said you wouldn't judge."

      Jungkook threw out his ice cream cone and grabbed Seokjin's forearm, leading him away from the ice cream shoppe, to the alleyway next to them. 

     "Do you know why I had to be the one to take Jacker's power?"

     "Because you're blue," Seokjin leaned against the wall of the building, staring at him.

     "I feel part of Namjoon inside of me, his life force is pure," Jungkook confided, "I think that's why my fur turned white."

     "Makes sense."

     "He said if you drained Jacker, it would corrupt you," Jungkook looked at Seokjin, scared.

     "I feel Cato's thoughts in my head-"

     "Jesus Seokjin, if Jacker's power would corrupt you, then what the hell is Cato's power going to do to you?"

     "If Hoseok reads me, they'll know."

     "Do you remember anything about that monster in the tunnels?" Jungkook was worried for his lover.

     "No, but I'm thinking maybe if I go back down there, try to see it-"

     "Are you ing crazy?" Jungkook gasped, "That thing will kill you."

     "What other choice do I have?" 

     "Maybe if they knew what happened, they could help-"

     Seokjin shook his head, "No, Jungkook, you don't get it-"

     "What don't I get?" Jungkook asked, troubled.

     "Do you remember what Namjoon said, if he ever thought you were in danger, what would happen?"

     Jungkook tried his hardest to remember, but it wasn't coming to him. "No?" He shook his head, questioning the elder.

     "He said he would make sure that I wasn't around you-"

     "Woh, why would he do that? You're not a danger to me-"

     "Jungkook, I have Cato's power, his emotions... his thoughts. I could be a danger to everyone."

     Jungkook leaned against the brick wall, opposite of Seokjin, his knees felt like they might buckle, "He can't hide you away, we're ing adults."

     "Pack code of ethics, and he could be right,"  Seokjin looked down at the ground, "I could hurt you-"

     "You wouldn't do that," Jungkook lifted Seokjin's chin to look into his eyes, "I know you."

     "I can't block this out if he reads me and I can't let them see this, not until I figure it out."

     Jungkook hugged him, he didn't know what else to do. This certainly explained Seokjin's behavior the last few days, Jungkook thought he seemed a bit off.

     "What if you can't figure it out?" Jungkook looked at him.

     "I have to. I just have to work through it, learn to separate Cato's thoughts from my own."

     "I don't like this," Jungkook couldn't help but think that the prophecies could be right, rewritten some, but the outcome would be the same; the end of the werewolves.

     "I need to see it," Seokjin was determined, "It has to sleep at some point."

     "How the hell are you going to find it, it could be hidden anywhere in there."

     "Well, a giant hole wouldn't be hard to miss, right?" Seokjin had to be positive, "I'd rather not do this alone."

     Jungkook looked at him like he was crazy, shaking his head, "I wouldn't let you do this alone... Dagma be damned, if I'm going to die, I at least want it to be with you."

     Seokjin had to snicker a bit, Jungkook's love for him was unreal, he knew he didn't deserve it. He's easy to manipulate Seokjin, he would do anything for you. Jungkook thought that Seokjin's horrified expression was him just being nervous about the tunnels, because the younger could not hear Seokjin's thoughts. Cato was getting harder to block out.

 

     The tunnel's darkness didn't seem to hide the strange mist that had settled on the ground, or the haunting feeling that attached itself to Jungkook's bones. He knew it was just his nerves, the notion that at any time this thing could pop out and eat him did not make him feel at ease. Seokjin walked like he had a purpose, he wasn't afraid of anything, Jungkook admired that about him, but it also scared him, Seokjin was reckless too often.

     Jungkook took out his phone and the flashlight, shining it down the long corridor. Seokjin stopped, trying to pinpoint where exactly he had encountered the thing.

     "Is any of this bringing back a memory?" Jungkook whispered.

     "No." Seokjin took a deep breath, covering his nose. Everything down here stunk, a foul perfume of death.

 

     They walked a good fifteen minutes, searching the wall for any sign of a large opening. Nothing, not even a crack. Jungkook was getting annoyed, he kept getting texts from Taehyung asking where they were, and he kept ignoring them.

     "Just text him back, tell him we'll be back soon," Seokjin recommended, knowing full well that Taehyung would not stop.

     "My attention is a little more focused on scary monsters right now."

     Seokjin shined his light ahead, noticing a hole carved out in the wall, surrounded by scratch marks dug deep into the stone.

     "Holy !"  Seokjin exclaimed.

     Jungkook trained his light in the same place and stopped walking, "That's ing huge."

     Seokjin was about to step inside when Jungkook grabbed his arm to stop him.

     "What?"

     "Be careful," Jungkook warned.

      Seokjin shook his head in disbelief, "Ya think? Come on."

     Seokjin stepped inside, shining the light ahead of him, the place was a slime pit, a rather large empty room of rock filled with bones, debris, and copious amounts of slime. Empty. Where the hell are you?! 

     "We shouldn't be here."

     Seokjin glanced at Jungkook, the younger's face was pale and glistening with sweat beads, "Relax."

     Relax was not the word that Jungkook was thinking, this monster could be returning at any moment and they were in its home, just standing there wearing invisible signs that read, 'Eat Me!' The word on Jungkook's mind at this moment was... 'run'.

     "He's not going to like that we are in his home," Jungkook stopped talking when he felt the ground shift a bit, "Did you feel that?"

     Several more tremors shook the earth below them, Jungkook backed up to lean against the wall, searching for a place to hide. Seokjin turned off his flashlight, pocketing it and joining Jungkook against the wall, inching along the gunk-covered surface, coming to a small niche, large enough for one of them to squeeze into. Seokjin pushed Jungkook inside.

     "What are you doing?" Jungkook attempted to grab Seokjin, but he stepped away, "Seokjin!"

     "I'm going to try to keep its attention on me, I want you to slip away, run back out."

     "No, I'm not leaving you here alone with it."

     "Just do what I say-"

     The tremors became larger. Seokjin went and stood at the far end of the room, Jungkook turned off his flashlight, dread growing inside of him, "Don't do this."

     "I'll be right after you, I just need to see it."

      The tremors became small quakes, shaking the whole room, causing pieces of rock to fall from the ceiling. The creature growled out and Jungkook froze. He glared at the opening... all he saw were jaws, open and salivating, sharp teeth just waiting to chow down on their squishy flesh. It slowly worked its way into the room, eyeing Seokjin.

     "Go," Seokjin yelled over to him but Jungkook couldn't move, "Now."

    Jungkook didn't want to, but he did as Seokjin asked and ran out of the room and back up the tunnel.

    Seokjin stared at the creature as it stood there, it had to be at least 12 feet tall, with scaly black skin, bulging silver eyes, and a row of sharp, protruding teeth - it resembled a small, wingless dragon. It was quite beautiful and majestic, but something about it was terrifying at the same time. Seokjin held his hands up, letting it know he wasn't here to hurt it. It roared out and Seokjin was besieged with a strong fish odor.

     "You should invest in mints," Seokjin yelled, eyeing the exit. The creature took a few s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter