Secrets & Prophecies

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

 

     Well, that went well. Jungkook slowly stood and brushed his pants off, blowing air out of his mouth. He glanced up at the front of the mausoleum, noticing the name 'Luciano Lemaire' engraved on the stone plaque above the doorway, "What the hell?"

     He caught up to Seokjin as he was about to enter the castle.

     "Seokjin, wait," Jungkook called out.

     "What?" Seokjin stopped, but didn't bother to look at him.

     "Luciano Lemaire was the last leader of the pack," Jungkook grabbed his shoulder and pulled Seokjin around to face him, "Jacker Lemaire..."

     "Oh my God, I am an idiot," Seokjin whined, he ran his fingers through his hair, frustrated at how he hadn't made the connection before.

     "He was Jacker's cousin," Namjoon revealed as he opened the door and they both jumped back, startled.

     "His cousin?" Seokjin gave Namjoon a look of disgust, " Are you kidding me?"

     "I need to see you two in my office," Namjoon requested then his heel and walked away.

     Seokjin exchanged glances with Jungkook and then went inside himself, Jungkook followed behind him, staring at the back of his head as they trudged down the hall, he could still taste Seokjin on his lips. When they entered the office, Noni was seated in her usual place on the couch. Seokjin parked himself in the chair closest to the door. Jungkook slumped down in the one next to him, he turned his head towards Noni, her eyes were locked on him, studying him. She glanced at Seokjin and then back to him, the corners of crinkling into a smile. Does she know about the kiss? 

     "I was the reason Jacker was kicked out of the pack, he didn't like that his cousin named me leader on his deathbed. He began to do things on his own without the consent of me or the council." Namjoon sat in his seat and turned to them, "This isn't a secret, this was all before you came to live with us, Seokjin."

     "I didn't know." Seokjin felt like a twit, he never really cared about the pack history or who led what, all his younger self ever seemed to care about was training and getting revenge.

     "It's why you needed to come to live at the castle, he wouldn't be able to touch you here," Namjoon expressed, "You had the protection of the pack the minute you crossed the threshold."

      "so the trip to see Yoongi was a stupid waste of time."

     "Had you dug a little deeper in Yoongi's files, you'd have figured out the one thing I didn't want you to know," Namjoon explained, Seokjin looked up at him confused. "Eric was adopted."

     "What the hell are you talking about?" Seokjin stood up, staring down at Namjoon.

     "He was Luciano's son-"

     "NO," Seokjin objected, he balled up his fists, ready to knock some sense into Namjoon, "You're lying!"

     "Luciano didn't know he had a son, and his Mother felt that him being brought up in the pack, especially around Jacker, would affect him, so your parent's adopted him. Somehow Jacker found out and persuaded Eric that it was all some sort of plot to keep him from the family riches. He convinced him they could rule the pack together, that your parents were the enemy," Namjoon took a deep breath, "That you were the enemy."

     "Why wouldn't you tell me this before?" Seokjin looked close to the verge of losing it.

     "Because I was asked to keep it a secret by your Father, he didn't want anyone to know that Eric was not his son," Namjoon looked down, "He also asked me that if anything ever happened to them that I would take you both in."

     "Great," Seokjin snarled, seconds away from grabbing Namjoon up.

     "Someone had alerted us that day that Jacker killed your parents and if we didn't get to you then, that you would be dead by morning. We know now that someone was Jungkook's father."

     "I guess it's a good day to get things off your chest?" Seokjin didn't take his eyes off Namjoon.

     "I thought about it after you left," Namjoon confessed, "You're a part of my family, I figured it was better if you heard it from me."

     "So Eric wasn't an Onyx then," Jungkook pointed out.

     "No," Namjoon looked at Jungkook then back to Seokjin, "I think the only reason Jacker wants to kill you so bad is that since he didn't succeed the first time, his pack doubts his leadership skills. I don't think he counted on you being such a good fighter."

     "The way this is going, next, I'm going to find out that Jacker and I were separated at birth," Seokjin bellowed and Jungkook chuckled, they all glared at him and he coughed and stopped.

     Namjoon turned his attention to Jungkook, "Your father mentions a prophecy about an Onyx wiping out the werewolves, but he didn't go into much detail."

     "It's important we find out what the prophecy says," Noni informed them, "It could help with figuring out Jacker's obsession."

      "How do we find out?" Jungkook asked, sitting up.

     "Well, the prophet is still alive, she lives in Japan." Namjoon threw a file down on the desk in front of Seokjin, "I figured you'd like the honor."

     Seokjin picked up the folder, viewing its contents; there was a picture of an older Japanese woman mixed in with some papers. "And now you want a favor?"

     "I want to go too," Jungkook spoke up and Seokjin glared at him.

     "No," Seokjin stated, shaking his head, "Absolutely not."

     "I wasn't talking to you," Jungkook retorted and glanced at Namjoon.

     "She requested Jungkook to come, but I didn't want to send him alone," Namjoon informed them.

     "Of course she did." Seokjin sat back down and sighed. Jungkook shot him a dirty look.

     "Plane leaves at 6 am," Namjoon set two plane tickets down in front of them, "She will meet with you in the hotel later that night."

 

     Half-past one in the morning, Jungkook had plopped himself down on the stairs, unable to sleep with everything going on, what had happened earlier ran through his mind all night... Seokjin kissed him back. He was hoping to run into the elder since he usually took 2 A.M. walks almost every night. He knew Seokjin wouldn't want to talk about it, but still, there he sat. He turned to lean his back against the wall and propped his legs up on the railing, running through scenarios on how this would all go down and what exactly he should say. He waited a good fifteen minutes before he saw Seokjin's door open and he emerged from the room. The elder stopped halfway down the stairs, staring at Jungkook.

     "You should be sleeping," Seokjin remarked, then continued down the stairs, stepping over Jungkook.

     Jungkook stared at him for a few moments, losing the nerve to say anything, he rose from the step and made his way to the kitchen. Seokjin experienced a brief moment of confusion but quickly brushed it aside and proceeded to the kitchen himself. Jungkook was chugging a can of soda when he walked in.

     "Are you gonna ignore me now?" Seokjin asked, not seeming very concerned as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

     "No," Jungkook said as he sat down at the table, letting out a loud burp.

     "Well, you clearly have something to say," Seokjin prodded.

     "Nope." Jungkook looked towards the window, slurping the soda loudly.

     "Nothing at all?" Seokjin raised his eyebrows.

     "I have nothing to say," Jungkook gave a dramatic shrug, "But obviously, you want me to say something," He stared at the elder, waiting.

     "Well, I think we should at least talk about earlier before we're stuck on a 13-hour flight-" 

     "Stupid mistake, won't happen again," Jungkook blurted out.

     "Mistake?" Seokjin was caught off guard at the answer.

     "Yup," Jungkook chewed on his lip, picking at the pull tab on the can's top, concentrating a bit too hard on it.

      "Okay..." Seokjin was filled with a tinge of disappointment, "Then we're good?"

      "Yup." Jungkook didn't really mean that, but he wasn't about to ope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter