Epilogue: Prelude to Quietus

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Too Quiet - Jimin's epilogue.

It's been just over a month since the blood moon. Hoseok has been extra goofy lately, trying so hard to make me laugh, but I just don't feel like myself yet. I miss Harley. The image of her laying up on that table was gruesome, she didn't deserve that. But, it's not just that she is dead, it's like if I like someone - they meet with a horrible end. How can I get close to someone with that hanging over me? Sometimes, I think I'm cursed.

The whole username unknown was not who I expected - I waited for them to message me back, I really wanted to know who they were. There was no word for a month, I was about to give up, thinking maybe since we weren't in any imminent danger, that maybe they were just keeping a low profile... Then I found Harley’s laptop. Demetrius talked about how he tried to help but in the end, he still lost her. His last message to her was something she never received, his apology. I don't know what happened to him, but now I understand how he knew so much of Cato's business. Demetrius wasn't young like the rest of them, not like we thought. Demetrius was Misae's son, a 200-year-old feeler. The informal magical term for someone who can infiltrate someone's mind without them knowing, kind of like empath 2.0. Whereas an empath feels, a feeler sees - yeah, it makes no sense to me either. I'd start a petition to rename them to visioners, but a visioner is actually a reader, like what Hoseok can do. Whoever coined these terms was obviously drunk.  Whatever way you look at it, a feeler's job is risky because they only get small parts of visions, but seeing as Misae knew so much and he was around Cato so much as one of 'his' hybrids, he knew things most didn't. Cato had no clue about any of it either. To spite her alignment, Misae was a genius. The vagueness of UU's messages makes sense, his visions weren't clear enough for him to tell me everything. I want to find him. I need to find him. For one, I think Demetrius might know why the council wanted Cato alive and where they are keeping him. That's a whole 'nother ordeal. 

On the upside, Taehyung and Yuta... they've grown closer, much to Yoongi's dismay. The whole Skotadi thing has made me grow to dislike Yoongi even more, the ease in which he invited an evil god into his body and his mind just doesn't sit right with me. Seeing Taehyung smile again is the best feeling, he is the single most amazing person I know. Whoever he ends up with, just better treat him right, because after all I put him through, I can't see him hurt again. The guilt of all that will always be with me, as well as it should be.

Hobi has been acting weird, more than normal. I think he feels like if he pays me too much attention, he'll tarnish Harley's memory.  I really do appreciate how much he has been trying to get me to smile. Maybe it's me who's the weird one... When I am around Hoseok I feel... something. I guess he makes me feel like I am allowed to smile? Is it too soon? He's my best friend... but... is that all? No. That has to be all because I will not be the cause of his death too. No way in hell.

 

 

Sinfessions (Confessions of a Forsaken Thieving Witch) - Hoseok's epilogue.

 

I am going to say it. I have a huge crush on Jimin Park. The realization hit me hard when I failed at making him smile and my heart ached so badly for him. I dunno, it's too soon. I shouldn't think about that... think about him in that way. Right? That would be crazy. Seokjin says if I am to convince myself of that I shouldn't stare at him the way I do for so long. I fear it is all one-sided anyway, so I will just conceal my emotions. Needless musings can only get me in trouble.

I need an adventure filled with treasure to renew my mind. Enter the Tianzi Mountains. I've been trying to convince Namjoon the pack needs a vacation... albeit filled with trying to uncover what Cato hid in those mountains and why the generals would be so interested in obtaining said spoils. With the secrecy within the council about Cato's whereabouts, I have a feeling some is about to hit the fan. If what he has hidden there really is a weapon, then none of this will be good. We must find it before they do. I fear it could help the generals break Cato out of his prison.

Taehyung, Yuta, and I have been working on some theories. Some days we get a little wild, but it keeps my mind off of other things. Boring is not part of my vocabulary. Not to mention, I have several people in China who owe me some treasure that I have taken too long to collect. They will accuse me of going soft, of settling down. No. It's about time I got back to some of my roots - thieving is a skill I have spent way too long perfecting for me to just settle into this castle and become Frankenfrogger. Charlie reanimator by day, Sir Hoseok the Thievery Expert by night. It has a ring to it.

Too bad I'm a fraud, Jimin has stolen my biggest treasure. My heart. 

 

 

Eunoia - Namjoon's epilogue.

 

'Leader' is but a title, the real test of true leadership is in your influence; for words without actions are just empty promises.

Each new day is a journey to find the inner me, the perfected me that I want to present to the pack. To be a good leader, I need to believe in myself, to believe in the message I want to convey, but I also need to believe in my pack. I can't promote brotherhood if I refuse to let others in, by not trusting in them, I build a wall of dissolution. I have to remind myself that people can handle the truth, even when it's a fest. The important part is being there to help them through the aftermath. I want to be the type of person that someone can come to for guidance and honesty, but also out of comfort and loyalty. I can't be effective if I don't take on the role with conviction.

Though I never let any of them know, leading a pack can be draining, always questioning if you are making the right decisions, holding people's lives in your hands, not just people.. but family. My brothers!  A true bond is not determined by blood, but rather by one's character. They all look to me for direction and some days even I question my motives. I need to remind myself that I am allowed to make mistakes and the real lesson is in what I learn from them. If I don't grow from them, then I am doomed to repeat them. In the end, it's all I can do. I will constantly seek knowledge and enlightenment, for the day I stop, I cease to exist.

My motto, the pack motto is to aspire to be the best me I can be. Est optimum poema te - Be the best version of yourself... Don't let the little crowd your mind, but enjoy the small moments.  

 

 

 

Numinous - Taehyung's epilogue.

Numinous. It means feeling both fearful and awed at what is before you. This is me in a nutshell.

Yoongi.  Everything I love about him also scares the out of me. Since the ordeal... his death... he's been different. The contrasting moods between brooding and jubilation are enough to make me question life - some days he is intoxicatingly happy, others his moods are like daggers to my spine. The council activities seem to be making him feel important, like he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter