Metamorphosis

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

 

      Jungkook had waited for Seokjin to come back into the room, but he wasn't in the hallway when the Prophet left. Several hours passed and no word from the elder, Jungkook kept checking the hallway to see if he was coming, but it was empty each time. Seokjin was a little rattled when he left, so Jungkook hoped he hadn't abandoned him in Japan and flew back home. He knew he just needed to calm down, so he tried turning on a movie, but his mind kept drifting back to what the Prophet warned him of. If he told Seokjin what she said, he felt like he would be setting him up to die, Seokjin would try to save Jungkook and face off against his nemesis, whether he was ready or not. His best bet was to just stay in the castle, never leave the confines of it, Jacker would not dare to try another attack, not so long as Namjoon was there. But then won't Seokjin wonder why you never leave? Jungkook let out a yell of frustration just as Seokjin unlocked the door and sauntered in.

     "What are you screaming about?" Seokjin threw the key on the table and set down a couple containers of food.

     "Where the hell were you?" Jungkook tromped over to him.

     "I went to get food... and a drink." Seokjin handed him some chopsticks, "Eat."

     "You could have said something." Jungkook sat and grabbed a container, irritated. This was just common courtesy stuff, Seokjin needed to stop being so insensitive.

     "I wouldn't have wanted to interrupt your little thing with the prophet." He grabbed the other container and sat down. . He forgot to grab a soda.

     Jungkook gave him a look of disbelief. "Don't be a ."

     "Were you worried?" Seokjin snagged a soda from the fridge, looking at Jungkook.

     "Yeah, a little," Jungkook took a bite of the food, it felt good to get something in his stomach.

     "Well don't, I can take care of myself," Seokjin returned to his seat, setting the soda down and picking up his chopsticks.

     "Well, good for you." Jungkook grabbed his food and went and sat on the chair by the television, his back to Seokjin. He turned the volume to the TV up, trying to drown out Seokjin's existence. Excuse me for caring about you, . Jungkook was growing tired of Seokjin's conflicting attitudes; one minute he was pleasant, the next a . He was beginning to lose his appetite, but he knew he needed to eat.

     What Jungkook didn't know was that the prophet had caught up with Seokjin in the elevator and told him about the prophecy involving him and Jacker, he put it together that was why Jacker wanted Jungkook, to use Jungkook to manipulate him. He didn't want Jungkook to be put in the middle, but the only way he knew how to do that was to go back to being distant with him, at least until he figured out how to get rid of Jacker once and for all. But then again, Jacker would use Jungkook either way, so it was a predicament that Seokjin didn't have an answer to. He just knew which option had always been the easiest in the past. 

 

     Later that night, Seokjin found himself on the balcony enjoying the cool breeze and the glowing lights of the city. He could see from the corner of his eye, that Jungkook was tossing and turning in bed. They hadn't said much to each other since the few words at dinner and Seokjin was feeling guilty about it. He looked down at the street below, mulling it over in his mind. Should I apologize? He knew if he wanted the rest of the trip to be pleasant, he should at least let Jungkook know he was wrong about earlier. The little would probably get a kick out of his meager confession and about it later, but oh well, Seokjin knew he messed up and needed to fix it. Ugh, just do it Seokjin. He turned and went inside and leaned over the younger, stretching his arm out, he placed it on Jungkook's shoulder. Do it.

     "Jungkook, wake up," Seokjin shook him a little too hard, the younger's eyes shot open and he looked up expecting large teeth to be hovering over his face about to take a chomp. "Hey."

     He sat up once he realized it was just Seokjin and not a stray carnivorous monster looking for dinner.

     "What time is it?" Jungkook rubbed his eyes, wondering what was going on.

     "We need to talk," Seokjin sat on the bed next to him.

     "Did something happen?" Jungkook stretched and looked over at Seokjin, the elder had a serious expression on his face.

     "Yeah, and I needed to say that I'm sorry," Seokjin looked over at Jungkook.

     "For what?" He was still a bit groggy, he scanned the room for his shirt, but didn't see it.

     "I think I figured out why Jacker is so interested in you," Seokjin started and Jungkook looked at him with wide eyes, "The prophecy says that one of us will die, you're his ace in the hole."

     "So either way we play it, we're ed," Jungkook lowered his head, staring at the ground.

     "We need to figure out how to kill him-" 

     "We?" Jungkook glanced up at him.

     "I'm gonna need your help," Seokjin declared.

     "You're actually asking me for help?" Jungkook was astonished, "Woh, big step."

     "And this is why I don't like people," He kidded and Jungkook cracked a smile. "You're the only person I fully trust."

     Jungkook felt his heart flutter, he couldn't contain the giddy smile forming on his lips.

     "Don't get all sappy, come on," Seokjin whined and Jungkook smiled more. Seokjin sounded too cute when he whined.

     "I'm sorry, but this is a big deal," Jungkook reached over and squeezed Seokjin's hand, to his surprise, Seokjin didn't pull his hand away.

     "Well I don't plan on being the one to die in this fight and since he is going to try to use you to manipulate me anyway, I need to keep you close." Seokjin maintained. Again, Jungkook's mouth formed into a gigantic grin, "You are not making this easy."

     "So how do we kill him?" Jungkook asked, attempting to tame the smile on his mouth, he pursed his lips together as tight as he could.

      "You look like a turtle, stop." Seokjin laughed. 

      "This is all your fault," Jungkook snickered, loving that Seokjin was being all nice for a change. "You being pleasant feels like being in an alternate dimension where things have three heads and walk backward."

     "I need to talk to Taehyung since he seems to know a lot about this stuff." Seokjin laid back, ignoring Jungkook's obvious teasing, studying the ceiling as if it contained all the answers. "Maybe it's something simple like wolfsbane."

     Jungkook laid back too, staring at the same spot on the ceiling where Seokjin was. "Looks like we both need to be careful, stock up on antidote." He grimaced.

     "Right now, you're the safest person," Seokjin affirmed, "If he kills you, he's got nothing."

     "If he kills me, your rationality would go right out the window," Jungkook protested, "He'd make a quick example of you."

     "You could be right, don't know what I'd do if he hurt you," Seokjin surmised, even though he knew how to wield his anger to fight, if Jacker killed Jungkook, all bets were off, "Plus the is unpredictable."

     Seokjin realized he practically just admitted to Jungkook that if he lost him to Jacker, he would be useless.

     "The prophet mentioned that Jacker has something that she thinks will turn me against you," Jungkook remembered.

     "Huh?" Seokjin asked, not sure if he heard right.

     "She doesn't know what it is though, but I told her there is nothing that would turn me against you." Jungkook thought he might have said too much with that last part. He glanced over at Seokjin for a reaction.

     Seokjin stared at Jungkook, a slight smile began to form, he cleared his throat and quickly looked back up at the ceiling.

     "I don't think it's a secret that I like you," Jungkook was going to push it a bit since he felt they could be killed at any minute, why not? He knew he felt something from Seokjin too, he knew he couldn't be imagining it. 

      Seokjin listened intently, eager to hear more.

     "The prophet says that we are bonded to each other, which she thinks was rare for some reason. She talked about aura's and asked if I would die for you," Jungkook could feel that he was nervously chattering. "So whatever Jacker has would have to be pretty big for him to think I would even think about-" Before Jungkook could say another word, Seokjin put his hand over Jungkook's mouth to shush him. Jungkook moved his head back. "What?"

     "Shhh, I heard something in the hallway." Seokjin rose from the bed, he pulled his gun from the holster that was lying over the chair. He cautiously traipsed over to the door and positioned his ear against the wood, listening. He reached for the handle, but the click of the card key unlocking the lock made him draw his hand back. The handle started to turn, he backed up and let the person enter the room, and then Bam. He knocked the hooded person out with a quick whack to the head.

     Twenty minutes later, Jungkook and Seokjin were standing at the foot of the bed, staring down at the unconscious man that they deposited there.

     "Why the hell did he come here? He could have got shot," Jungkook shook his head.

     "Whoever hit me is an ," Taehyung groaned, rubbing at the impact spot on his head as he slowly sat up.

     "What the hell are you doing here?" Seokjin asked, pulling his arm to help him sit up faster.

     "Namjoon sent me, we've got errands," Taehyung explained, "He wants us to go see Noni's brother in Russia."

     "Why didn't he me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter