Bonus 10: Emanation

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       NOTE: Sorry I had to fix this chapter, I messed something up. I also went and fixed chapters 1-59 as well. Added details, fixed grammar, made everything sound better. The Halloween chapter is drafted out now, just need to detail it and hopefully have it out within a few days!!!!

 

     Seokjin glared up at the front of his grandfather's estate, the usual ominous feeling that poked the pit of his stomach seemed extra aggressive today, even in the bright daylight it was eerily foreboding. He glanced over at Jungkook who wore the same glum expression as he, neither of them liked this house, they both just wanted to hurry and get this all over with.

      Yoongi shut the car door and stopped next to Seokjin, taking a quick peek up at the attic window. It was dark, darker than it should have been with the sunlight shining through it. It's like the light just wouldn't penetrate the room no matter how hard it tried. It made his growing unease feel like a heavy blanket of doom. Yoongi wasn't easily scared but this house had a way of casting doubts on his bravery meter.

     "Remind me again why we need to go in there?" Jungkook shook his head, every ounce of his being said this was a terrible idea.

     "The fairy said we'd find answers here-"

     "That same fairy would also be a hero if somehow Cato's house were to swallow you up," Yoongi reminded him.

      Seokjin smirked and hurried up the steps to the front door, no ghost or malicious entity was about to stop him from discovering the secrets within the house...and even more important, discovering how to beat his father.

     "It's never too late to be sensible," Jungkook suggested.

     "It's gonna take more than a house to take me down," Seokjin assured him.

     "You really think it's gonna be as easy as walking in and having all the answers fall from the ceiling?" Yoongi queried.

     "I think nothing in my life has been easy so far." Seokjin thought for a moment, "Why start now?"

     Yoongi and Jungkook exchanged worried glances, then realizing how much they still disliked each other, trudged up the steps behind Seokjin, watching as he inserted the key and let the door swing back and hit the wall with a big ol' thud. A slight wind blew their hair back, almost like a ghost was whispering a cautionary warning as they crossed the threshold, Turn around now, before it's too late. It sent chills up their spines and they all did a synchronous shudder, shaking off the gloom that was threatening to penetrate their souls.

     "I feel like yelling 'it's a trap' would be very appropriate right now," Yoongi's face was a full out grimace. Jungkook had to stifle a giggle.

     The familiar dank smell hit their noses the second Seokjin closed the door, the foul aroma of decay reminding them that the evil that lived here had not yet left and did not take kindly to trespassers. Jungkook couldn't shake the dismal thoughts jumping around in his brain, a little voice in his mind warning him to run as fast as he could out of this abomination of a house and not turn back. The smell of death was strong, but his will to remain resolute for Seokjin was stronger.

     "So which room do you prefer to meet your doom?" Yoongi stopped in the doorway to the living room refusing to look at the painting above the mantel, not needing a reminder of how it watched them, "Attic or basement?"

     Seokjin knew his best friend was giving him one of those, 'This is stupid' looks and wasthisclose to giving him a piece of his mind, "Need I remind you, that you  volunteered for this?"

     "Wouldn't be my first dumb mistake," Yoongi scoffed, not nearly as offended as he sounded.

     "If this is the part where we split up, I'm going with you, Seokjin," Jungkook's raised eyebrows turned towards the vampire, "No offense."

     "I'm sure that was full offense, but trust me, I'd rather die alone than with your dumb ," Yoongi took off his sunglasses and stuck them in his pocket, "This time, I'll go top," Yoongi smirked evilly as he pushed Jungkook aside and headed towards the stairs leading to the second floor.

     "," Jungkook mumbled under his breath as he watched the skinny vampire disappear up the steps. He turned to Seokjin once again, "So, what are we looking for exactly?"

     Seokjin shrugged, he wasn't entirely sure. Something drew him to this house, calling to him in his dreams. He didn't dare tell the younger about them because he knew Jungkook would never approve of them coming here. Prophetic bull was not something Seokjin subscribed to, he knew he was responsible for creating his own fate, in spite of the whole white wolf/onyx wiping out the werewolves prophecy. As far as he was concerned, everything he was doing was to disprove it all, to prove that people were wrong about him.

     "I'm probably wasting our time and this is all a dead end, but something has to be here."

     "Why would the fairy lie..." Jungkook was being sarcastic, but Seokjin disregarded it.

     "Indeed," Seokjin opened the basement door and held his arm out for Jungkook to go first, smirking, "After you."

 

     Yoongi cracked his neck, rotating his shoulders; preparing himself for an agonizing death. Slowly, he reached his hand out to grasp the cold steel of the attic's doorknob, wishing he wasn't so easily swayed by Seokjin's whims. The knob turned freely, but the door wouldn't budge - it was like something... or someone... had glued it shut. He placed his ear to the wood and listened, not a sound on the other side, so he pushed against the door, thinking maybe it would become unobstructed if he applied a little force.

     Nothing.

     .

     He was going to have to break the thing down.

     Okay ghost, let's see what you're made of. He rolled up his sleeves, clutching the knob once again, he bumped his shoulder against it a few times, but it was like the harder he pushed, the more the door resisted. "Well, the good thing is... if I break my bones, they'll mend fast," He mused, shaking his head. This is dumb, I don't even know what I'm looking for... "and I'm talking to myself."

     He took a step back, wiping the sweat from his chin, he mustered up some energy and slammed himself into it, putting a small crack in the panel. Thou doth not protest?  Yoongi smiled, somewhat relieved. The door was not jinxed, it was probably just stuck from no one having opened it for so many years. The next hit would be powered by vampire strength and he would be inside in a matter of seconds. 1... 2... 3...  he flung himself full force towards the wood.

     The room had other ideas. Before Yoongi's shoulder could make contact, the door flew open and it was like a vacuum had him inside. He flew across the room with such a fury, that he hit the wall on the far side and nearly put a hole clean through. He hit the ground hard, coughing out as plaster pieces plunked the hardwood all around his head, scattering the decade's old dust in a ring of lung-clogging particles. What a sight he was lying there on his back like a sack of jelly, wincing as the ceiling came into view above him, only to be swallowed up by the darkness in a matter of seconds.

     " you!" He called out to no one, cursing the home with a fervor of pure hatred. A sudden throbbing in his arm made him peer over, noticing blood was staining the sleeve of his hoody, he quickly lifted his appendage pulling it up from a protruding nail that had pierced his flesh. He grabbed the fabric as he stood up, feeling the wound tingle as it closed. I swear to the gods, Seokjin, if this house doesn't kill you, I will.

     The spilled blood had pooled into a neat little puddle on the floor by the time he pulled out his phone and the flashlight app. Rising up, it evaporated into the air, swirling around in a circle-like pattern before bursting and fizzling out. The room was absorbing it, consuming a part of him. He swung around, nervously shining the light against the four walls, ready to defend himself if something were to come at him. The air felt heavy suddenly, goosebumps formed on his skin like tiny little mountains sprouting up... Yoongi knew he wasn't alone anymore.

     "Yoongi," Something whispered. Yoongi turned around, facing the window, his beam of light focused on a large silhouette as it materialized before him, expanding upwards, building itself in front of him; bone, blood, then skin forming into an opaque life form, it covered the small amount of sunlight that was visible from the outside, a big black void that Yoongi was stuck in the middle of. "Yoongi. I know what you want."

     "An exorcist?" Yoongi joked, trying to ease his mind a bit.

     "I can give you what you seek," It breathed out like a symphony was circling the room, the more it talked, the more Yoongi wanted to engulf himself in its invisible outstretched arms.

     "Misae?" Yoongi had a sense of familiarity, this entity's life-force seemed friendly. It wants to deceive you, don't fall for it. "I'm not that dumb, try again."

     "Jihoon has the power now, you won't be able to take him down without my help," The voice was soothing, like a lullaby. Not Misae, but still familiar.

     Yoongi shook his head, "I'll take him down without your witchery."

     The voice laughed, it's menacing tone made Yoongi cover his ears, "Accept my gift, Yoongi. End it all now."

     Whispering filled the room and would not stop, over and over it called out his name, taunting him.

      "I don't need your help," He growled.

     "Jihoon's power will grow past what you can control," The voice changed, it became rougher, "You know what they're up against-"

     "What are you talking about?" Yoongi was perplexed, who could it mean?

     "He would do anything to protect the both of you, even if it costs him all that he is-"

      "Seokjin?" Yoongi could feel the color drain from his face. Would Seokjin be in harm's way?

     "If Jungkook kills Jihoon, it will cause a ripple effect, one that no one can recover from," The voice grew hoarse, "But you can stop it before it happens, just take the power, save them from doing a horrible thing."

     "I don't understand-"

     Several whispers spoke at once, echoing the same words, "If the white wolf kills the vampire king, he will wipe out your entire race." 

     "Yoosun needs the white wolf to kill Jihoon for his plans to work," A stronger whisper filled his ears, piercing his brain like a tiny invisible needle.

     "Jungkook can't wipe out a race by killing off one vampire," Yoongi objected.

     "Yoosun's spell connects them all, every victim Jihoon depletes, it corrupts the bloodline... it latches onto another vampire and makes it a part of him-"

     "Jihoon's lust for power is causing them all to be linked-" Another voice interrupted.

     "Bull-" Yoongi shook his head, "That's not possible."

     "Yoosun has already written his own laws of magic," The voice reminded him.

     "Jihoon's lust for power will consume them all, they will all die," The first voice became hard, threatening.

     "All of them?"

     "Every single one... including yourself," The whispers stopped and the voice became softer, "Yoosun's alliance with the vampires is a ruse, he needs them gone for his plan to work."

     "He wants to enslave the werewolves, the onyx would reign as the superior race," The voices took turns filling his brain.

     "The Onyx cannot drain vampires, so they are useless to him," The voice cackled.

      "And Yoosun will not share his empire with the vampires. He thinks of you as an inferior race."

     "He will use the white wolf to carry out his plan."

     "If white wolf eliminates Jihoon, the vampires will perish."

     "Then how can I defeat him?" Yoongi shook his head, this thing was trying to con him.

     "On the blood moon, the spell will be complete," The voice sang out, "You will all be linked."

     "You need to kill him at the party on Hallow's eve, before he takes his last victim."

     "Yoosun convinced the vampire king to make his last victim the only person that he sees as his equal, the only one that Yoosun's sees as a threat... Jihoon must take out Yoosun's enemy as payback for Yoosun's help."

     "Seokjin?" Yoongi thought allowed. No, Yoosun plans to sacrifice Seokjin  ..."Jungkook?"

     "Without my power, you will die. Seokjin will be consumed with rage if he loses you, what he will do next will unravel the very universe you all seek to protect."

      "You must prevent this, Yoongi."

     "With my power, you can stop this all from happening-" The voices continued, "You want to be the one to kill Jihoon, he wronged you... he betrayed you."

     "Jungkook should not have such an honor," The voice knew Yoongi's inner thoughts, it appealed to the vampire code of honor, "Only a vampire should slay a vampire."

     Yoongi's head was swimming, he could not deny that the voices were right, he wanted to be the one to snuff out Jihoon. His cousin betrayed him, made him an outcast... "No... It's a trick-"

     "How embarrassing that he played you so well," The voice taunted, "This is all your fault Yoongi. You must fix this. You must be the one to kill Jihoon."

     "With my power, you can do that."

     "With my power, you can help Seokjin kill Yoosun, he cannot do this alone... even with the white wolf he is not strong enough."

     "Yoongi, you up there?" Seokjin's voice called from the distance and Yoongi jerked his head towards the door.

     Seokjin.

     "You need to make a decision Yoongi. Do you wish to save your friends from this horrific curse or will you let them perish?" The voice became panicked, Yoongi didn't know what to do. Should he believe what the voices were telling him? How did he know this wasn't one of Misae's tricks? The clues are there Yoongi, you know what they speak is the truth. Why else would Yoosun help Jihoon?  The whispers came back, stronger than before and once again, Yoongi covered his ears, trying to block them out. Take the power... Take the power... It chanted over and over, each time growing louder and louder. He couldn't think, he was suffocating. TAKE THE POWER.

   

     Seokjin knocked on the door, thinking Yoongi was either on the other side stuck or had already left the attic... or worse, maybe a dark magic consumed him and was chewing his mangled flesh, about to spit him out like an unappetizing snack. Seokjin shook the notion off, this house really put weird thoughts into his head. He knocked his knuckle against the wood a few times, "Yoongi, we're leaving. This was a dead-end."

     A light flooded the room inside and Seokjin could see the luminescence shine through the cracks in the door, glowing out in a purple haze. He backed up, staring at it, mesmerized. A sudden pang of dread overtook him, filling him with worry. Maybe those stray thoughts weren't so wrong.

    "YOONGI?"  He banged on the door harder, thumping against it with his weight, "Yoongi, open the door."

     On the third attempt, the door flung open. The bright light died down at once and Yoongi came into focus, standing there with a sinister expression spread across his face, he caught Seokjin by the shoulders just in time so he didn't fall.

     "Sorry, it wouldn't open-" Yoongi cleared his throat, looking a bit uneasy. He swatted away the dust that was floating in the now visible sunbeam that was shining through from the window behind him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter