BONUS 1: The Journey

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      

 

     The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step - Lao Tzu

 

      

     The journey was very specific, a search to find the truth. The step, however, was the tricky part. Finding the truth amidst a pack of lies was like trying to put together a giant puzzle with half the pieces missing. Jungkook wondered if any of them really knew the actual truth anymore. Between the stories that had been fabricated and the ones passed from one mouth to another, details became so twisted it was hard to weed out the facts from fiction. It was already two weeks past his birthday and he wasn't much closer to finding out the identity of his father than he was when he found out about the whole sordid tale.

     Jungkook shuffled into his bedroom, frustration creasing his brows. He threw his book bag down on the bed, watching as it bounced off the mattress, and landed on the floor with a dull thud. He sighed. Seokjin glanced up from his laptop to see what the issue was.

     "Everything okay?" Seokjin watched Jungkook remove his shirt and throw it on the floor and grab a tank from the closet, he turned to the elder, a sour look upon his face.

     "Define okay." Jungkook slipped on the shirt and sat on the edge of the bed.

     "We'll figure this out," Seokjin assured him.

     "I know, it's just frustrating how everyone hides the truth," Jungkook laid back and stretched out. Seokjin admired the tensing of the younger's defined muscles.

     "That's very distracting," Seokjin smirked, concentrating back on his laptop screen. Jungkook rolled over and laid his head in Seokjin's lap.

     "You could take a break, get , have a little fun?" Jungkook raised his eyebrows and Seokjin accidentally typed a string of F's across his screen.

     Jungkook was amused by the typo, "See, even the keyboard is like, ffff Jungkook now."

     Seokjin snorted.

     "I've tracked down one of Cato's children to three towns over," Seokjin was determined to concentrate on the computer as he backspaced over the F's to ignore the cute way Jungkook's eyes crinkled when he smiled.

     Jungkook leaned up and situated himself behind Seokjin, he placed his hands on his broad shoulders and began to massage. Seokjin closed his eyes for a moment and took in a deep breath to suppress a moan, "You need to take a break, you're tense as ."

     "I can't rest if they are still out there trying to start hybrid wargames."

     Jungkook leaned in close to Seokjin's ear, "You think a twenty-minute break is really gonna make a difference?"

     Shivers went up Seokjin's spine, Jungkook's breath on his neck was too much, he bit his lip, "Oh god, you're killing me."

     "Good," Jungkook situated himself into Seokjin's lap straddling the elder, carefully moving the computer over to the nightstand, "It's futile to resist me."

     Seokjin laced his fingers through the younger's hair, pulling it back to expose his neck, he lightly brushed his lips against his flesh, planting tiny kisses on Jungkook's collarbones. The younger became overwhelmed, the feeling of Seokjin's sensual lips against his tender spot sent an instant jolt of electricity downwards. He let out a soft moan and Seokjin bit his lip once again.

      It was all in vain because a knock on the door made them both look over as Namjoon walked in, stopping short, "Was I interrupting?" 

     "If I said yes, would you come back in twenty minutes?" Seokjin whined.

     "I don't have time to come back and I figured you two would want to hear this." 

     Jungkook exhaled loudly, making his point, he climbed off the elder and plopped on the bed next to him, feeling a little stiffer than he wanted to be.

     "What happened now?" Seokjin mustered up some concern, all his attention was still on Jungkook.

     "Dagma bribed Tempest for the truth about the night Jungkook was conceived."

     Jungkook sat upright and looked at him, mouth agape, "Is he my donor?"

     "Yes. The gods refer to that night as Nimborum in nocte, or for those of you who don't speak broken Latin, The night of Storms." Namjoon walked over to the window and peered out, "It was so bad, it caused a blackout in most of the state."

     "So that's why Jungkook is afraid of storms," Seokjin squeezed the younger's knee.

     "I believe so, yes," Namjoon turned to them, "Now the question is, why Tempest?"

      "Has to be the whole Tempest-Skotadi thing, right?" Seokjin contemplated, "They want to be sure that the prophecy doesn't come true."

     "I can only speculate at the moment," Namjoon nodded, "I wish Hoseok would return, I need to pick his brain about some things." 

     "We'll need to rename the pack to the young demigod club soon if this keeps up," Jungkook frowned. Namjoon walked over to the door.

     "I have an appointment, so I'll leave you two to your thoughts," Namjoon walked out, shutting the door behind him.

     "Well, this is-"

     "Yeah," Jungkook finished his sentence, reaching for Seokjin's laptop, "You should get Yoongi to go with you today, I've got some research to do."

     "I think Yoongi's avoiding me again," Seokjin stood, making a face, "You sure?"

     Jungkook nodded, "I trust you."

     Seokjin leaned down close to Jungkook's lips, "I love you."

     Jungkook gave him a quick peck, "I love you too."

 

     Yoongi spent as much time away from the castle as he could, he thought about returning to his house, but the memories there were far worse than seeing Seokjin around the castle. He didn't like thinking about what happened on that couch. Truth was, he wasn't over Seokjin and he knew he probably never would be, but he wasn't blind to the truth, there was no future for them, so he just pretended everything was fine. It was exhausting. Taehyung was also growing tired of the late-night visits and had kicked him out the last time he went, two days ago. Yoongi knew Taehyung deserved better, so he respected his wishes and didn't push it. He really did like him, but he just couldn't give him his heart.

     Seokjin dialed Yoongi, he answered on the fifth ring. He was determined to lie and say he was out of the country on some important vampire mission, but when Seokjin spoke, he lost his nerve. Plus, he was sure that Seokjin would know that he wasn't.

     "Where are you?" Seokjin asked.

     "I dunno, around." Yoongi decided simple answers would piss Seokjin off, enough so that he wouldn't ask any favors.

     "Close to the castle?"

     "Maybe," Yoongi was sitting on his motorcycle staring at the waves crashing onto the beach in front of him. He heard Seokjin huff on the other side.

     "I need you, can you come back?"

     "I guess." Yoongi scrunched up his face, it really bothered him to be so rude to Seokjin, "Maybe later."

     "Are you trying to piss me off?" Seokjin exhaled, there was a brief silence. "Fine, text me when you get back."

     "Yup," Yoongi pocketed his cell and slid off the bike. He hated himself right now, not just for the whole Seokjin fiasco, but because inside he felt lost, like he had no purpose in life; Both his parents were dead, the only real family he had disowned him, and about ninety-five percent of the vampire population didn't want anything to do with him. All he had left was the pack and he was pretty sure most of them were still a bit upset with him. He needed some sort of direction, a plan to bring him out of his rut and give him a reason to want to go on. Maybe a psychiatrist too.

     His phone rang again.

     "What?" 

     "Are you close yet?" Seokjin was smiling, Yoongi could feel it through the phone.

     "No," Yoongi switched ears and plopped down in the sand.

     "I know what you're doing," Seokjin chided, "Get your miserable back here."

     "Or what?"

     "I will hunt you down," Seokjin smirked. "I'm serious. I need your help."

     "Why not ask bunny boy?" Yoongi grinned. The nickname always made Jungkook peeved.

     "Jungkook is busy," Seokjin paused for a moment, "I mean if I need to come kick your , I will."

     "Ugh fine, give me twenty minutes," Yoongi stood up, "This better be important."

     He pocketed his cell phone and glared up at the sky. Damnit Seokjin.

 

     Seokjin was putting a backpack in the trunk of his car when Yoongi pulled up on his motorcycle and skidded to a stop. He took off his helmet and set the kickstand. 

     "It's been twenty-five minutes, you're late." 

     Yoongi smirked, rolling his eyes, "What ed up are we doing that Jungkook can't know about?" Yoongi walked over and threw his helmet in the trunk, studying the contents inside for a clue.

     "Jungkook knows, he's sitting this one out."

     "So it's messy?"

     "It's messy," Seokjin closed the trunk, "Interested?"

     "Sure," Yoongi shrugged, playing off being neutral, "Details?"

     "You know I've been tracking the remaining of Cato's clan-"

     By clan, he meant Cato's children, the ones that had escaped joined forces with a small pack of others continuing the madman's work. The death of their leader did not halt their activities, they seemed even more hell-bent on carrying on with his plans and avenging their father's memory. Seokjin was making it his business to personally hunt down the remaining twenty and end their existence. They called themselves the 'Generals' and it appeared as if each general had their own small pack. They were dangerous, to say the least. Their desire to perpetuate the extermination of the werewolves was causing issues all over the world. On one hand, it was uniting the werewolves, bringing the packs together to neutralize the threat, but the problem was, there had already been at least fifteen deaths.

     "The generals?" Yoongi closed the trunk and leaned against it. 

     Seokjin nodded, "I've located one of them three towns over, wannabe wizard opened up a portal and is trying to call over the dead."

    "How powerful is said wizard?" Yoongi and Seokjin walked to the car doors and opened them.

     "Just one simple spell straight out of a book, no magical ability at all," Seokjin opened the driver's side and climbed in. Yoongi peered up at the window over the door of the castle, he saw Jungkook staring down at him. He gave a slight nod, but Jungkook didn't acknowledge him. He turned back around and climbed into the car.

     "Bunny boy is okay with me going with you?"

     "Why wouldn't he be?" Seokjin fastened his seat belt.

     "Umm, no reason. I guess," Yoongi propped his legs up on the dash.

     "What?" Seokjin started the car, "I know you have something to say."

     Yoongi took a deep breath, "Nope."

     

     Seokjin would be lying if he said he didn't still think about that night between them, if there was never a Jungkook, he knew he would be with Yoongi. He would never admit that to anyone though, confided thoughts always seem to come out at the worst time and always get twisted in the heat of the moment. He looked over at Yoongi who was staring up at the clouds, "I'm going to need help with tracking them down, all of them-"

     "I'll do what I can," Yoongi interrupted him. He didn't want to get his hopes up with anything involving Seokjin, he really loved spending time with him but he hated it at the same time. He looked over at Seokjin who had a bothered look upon his face, "I'd like to help, but... I dunno, things are different."

     Seokjin didn't really know what to say to that, they were different, he couldn't deny it. "Maybe different doesn't have to be bad?"

     "We'll see," He reached over and turned the radio on. It was the cue that he didn't want to talk about it. Seokjin nodded and just continued to drive.

 

     They arrived at an abandoned building about an hour later. Seokjin exited the car, scanning the block for any sort of life, it was desolate, not a soul in sight. The only movement was coming from a short-circuiting street lamp blinking its light on and off behind them, accompanied by a definitive buzz sound as it threatened to light up the small area it occupied in the diminishing daylight hours. He watched Yoongi climb out of the car and head around to the trunk, then he glared up at the building, studying it. It had to be about ten stories high, he figured by the length of it, there were at least ten rooms per floor. The neighborhood was pretty run-down, so it was the perfect spot to do something illegal... or in this case, supernatural.

     "I call 6th floor, they always seem to like the 6th floor," Seokjin called over.

     "I say basement, the light would be less visible from the street," Yoongi reached into the trunk as it popped open. 

     "Hmm, true," Seokjin grabbed one backpack and Yoongi the other, "But this neighborhood isn't exactly the curious type."

     They walked up to the building and stopped, as soon as Yoongi pushed the door open, it hit the ground with a loud thump, shattering the glass window.

     Seokjin stared at him in disbelief, "Good job."

     Yoongi smirked, "I doubt he heard that."

      "You suppose a giant crash and breaking glass is normal?"

     Yoongi held up his hands as he stepped over the glass, spinning around in a circle, "No laser sights aimed at me."

     "It's a miracle you've lived this long," Seokjin criticized.

     The lobby was a complete mess, it looked like a garbage dump had exploded. Graffiti covered every inch of wall - mostly vulgar words about male body parts. The floor was carpeted with papers, broken bottles, various clothing items, and an obscene amount of dir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter