Kidnapped

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

 

     A flurry of panicked screams echoed from the area where the castle cemetery sat. Yoongi looked over at Seokjin across the field, he was already making his way towards the gates, posthaste. They reached the entrance at the same time, stopping for a moment to stare at each other, planning mentally how they would handle this.

     The screams faded into a direful silence.

     Yoongi scanned the area, "I don't see anything."

     Seokjin sniffed the air, "I can smell them."

     Yoongi bent down, scouring the ground for clues; Two pairs of footprints were embedded in the dirt leading towards the back part of the cemetery, alongside a drag mark, about the size of a small human, dug into the earth. He surmised from the fresh track marks, "Two large henchmen and a dragged body."

     "How large?" Seokjin asked.

     "Large enough to almost be a threat." Yoongi stood back up, zipping up his hoody, "Come on."

     They inched forward, following the footprints. The atmosphere was quiet, not one insect was abuzz; no chirping or hissing could be heard anywhere, it was unnerving, it meant that there was probably a good deal of activity in the trees tonight. Yoongi threw on a pair of leather gloves, his trusted 'some is about to go down' gloves.

     "More footprints leading off that way too," Yoongi pointed out as they reached the midpoint of the cemetery.

      "What the hell..." Seokjin stopped short when he got to his parent's graves, the stones were ripped out of the ground and laid broken in the grass, tossed aside like trash. He balled up his fists in outrage, his temper was taking over.

     Yoongi looked over to witness him changing into his hybrid form; Seokjin ripped his shirt from his body, growling out as his frame contorted, his bones cracked and grew, hair sprouted out of every inch of his skin, his eyes turning their usual complete black. Yoongi couldn't look away, in awe of his best friend's beastly power, Seokjin was a sight to behold.

      Seokjin glared at him as his fangs grew down past his lip, a small howl escaped and Yoongi gave him a nod. The next instant Seokjin tore off through the bushes at full speed. Yoongi was about to follow after him, when he spied something glowing from the corner of his eye, he quickly turned around as two tiny, bright red creatures stepped out from behind the tree line, examining him. Hell Spawn. What the heck were hellspawn doing here on earth? They weren't especially dangerous, they could leave bad burn marks on your skin if they came in contact, but other than that the pocket-sized fire bipeds were pretty easy to beat. They didn't give Yoongi time to prepare, the pair leaped onto his back, scorching the back of his neck with their fiery hands. He yelled out as he grabbed one and slammed it onto the ground, shaking his hand to cool it off. He smashed its face in with a swift stomp, grossed out by the amount of slime that shot out from under his foot, and set his boot on fire.

     "Serves you right, you little er," Yoongi laughed out, stamping out the flames on his sole before he received a painful reminder there was one still on his back. "Agghhh."

     He spun around several times trying to get the thing to fly off, but it held on so tight, Yoongi felt like his skin would melt off at any minute. Without thinking, he flung himself backward, landing hard on his back, smushing the foul creature underneath his weight. He rolled over and stood, then turned towards it, giving it a small tap with his foot, making sure it was dead. The reddish goo that was covering his hoodie began to smoke as the slime bore its way through the thin fabric, leaving behind tiny burn holes. He slipped it off and threw it down, grabbing at his neck. He could feel small blisters popping up on his tender skin, it felt like it was on fire.

      Hoseok came running through the brush behind him, stopping short when he saw the fiery-gooey mess, "Eww, gross." 

     "Watch your step."

      Hoseok spied the bright red skin underneath Yoongi's hand as he approached, "Jesus, that looks bad."

     "Little Fiery bastards," The corner of Yoongi's lips were drawn down as he made a disgusted face.

      Hold still," Hoseok reached out and placed his palm on the back of Yoongi's neck, Yoongi winced, pushing him away.

      "Don't touch it," Yoongi yelled at him.

      "Don't be such a big baby," Hoseok grabbed Yoongi's neck again and closed his eyes, a few seconds later, a bright green glow swallowed his palm, illuminating the ground around them and fizzling out just as quick. When he removed his hand, the burning sensation Yoongi had been feeling moments earlier, was gone, and so were the blisters. His neck left only with a blanched imprint of a hand. Hoseok frowned, "I think you forget I'm a witch."

     "Thanks," Yoongi twitched his head, he did not like the warm sensation left behind, vampires were not good with extreme heat.

      "You need to hurry and go find Seokjin," Hoseok bade and Yoongi looked at him, indignant, "He shouldn't be out there alone."

      Yoongi was tempted to grab him up and tell him not to order him around, but he figured now was not that time, maybe Seokjin was in trouble, "We'll discuss the hierarchy roles of the castle upon my return."

     "Look forward to it," Hoseok smirked, looking over at the broken headstones.

     Yoongi rushed off towards the trees, disappearing into the brush. Hoseok bent down to pick up Seokjin's father's gravestone, about to replace it when something grabbed his foot and dragged him down to the ground, he flung the stone from his grasp, launching it into the air... he managed to roll out of the way just in time as the gravestone slammed down into the ground where his head had just been. Holy !

     He glanced down to his foot, trying to see what had taken hold of him, but without warning, the tentacle tensed up and began to drag him once more, along the dirt and through the trees - snagging each and every rock and bump along the way. He tried to seize several tree trunks, anything to stop him from being dragged, but his hands only scraped along the bark, shaving off the first layer of his skin. Somehow he managed to grasp onto the metal fencing that surrounded the area, his body lurched a few times as the thing tried to pry him off, but Hoseok's grip for life wouldn't budge. Hoseok shook his foot, by some miracle breaking free. He scrambled to a stand, examining the skin on his throbbing, raw palms.

      The trees overhead began to part at the top, the snapping of the branches caused the dispersing twigs and leaves to land all around him, nature's pinata was dealt a fatal blow. Hoseok glared up at it, gulping; fifteen feet above him stood a dark creature, its white glowing eyes leering at him as its mouth drew up into a menacing smile. Its labored breathing made Hoseok shiver, he was unable to move, all he could do was stare at it, paralyzed.

     The creature roared out, Hoseok covered his ears to drown out the horrendous pitch, only to be hit with a wave of the disgusting dead fish smell that poured out of its mouth.

     "Toothbrush," Hoseok called up to it, swatting away the odor. The creature swung at him, but he dodged it, feeling the air from its enormous fist blow his hair back, "This is not how I wanted to spend my day."

     The creature swung at him again, Hoseok quickly conjured up a force field, blocking the creature's blow, its hand bounced off the invisible barrier, pissing it off. It banged on it several more times before giving up, wailing out a deafening frustrated growl.

 

     Taehyung looked towards the window, he and Jungkook both walked over and peered out, wondering what the hell caused that god-awful noise.

     "Was that a roar or am I hallucinating sounds now?" Taehyung squinted, trying to see what was outside.

     "We should be out there helping," Jungkook paced the floor, staring at Namjoon's empty chair.

     "We were told to stay here," Taehyung responded, cursing the dusk for coming so quickly, he couldn't see past twenty feet.

     "Do you always do what you're told?" Jungkook muttered, walking to the door and grabbing the handle, only to be jolted by a burst of electricity. He quickly withdrew his hand, "What the ?"

     Jungkook poked at the handle, each time a crack of static electricity met with his finger.

     "They really don't want you to leave," Taehyung glanced at him and then back to the window.

 

     Hoseok dodged several blows that the creature had thrown his way, retaliating by casting back powerful energy orbs, pelting it with bursts of electrical current. The last one hit it square between the eyes, knocking it off balance. It crashed down with a thunderous thump, shaking the earth. Hoseok took several steps towards it, an energy blast in his palm ready to end its existence.

     A blur whizzed past him, leaping up and landing on top of the creature. Yoongi slammed his fist into its chest cavity, rearranging its internal organs. Hoseok let the blast fizzle out and the area went dark again. He watched Yoongi toss the heart aside and stand back up, wiping the blood on his pants. 

     This thing could feed Taehyung and me for a month.  Hoseok daydreamed of monster steaks and monster bone soup and monster brains fit for a king!

     The creature roared out again - a dejected, suffering whimper, the same rattle as a dying animal would make moments before it succumbed. A small shockwave pulsed out from it, causing Hoseok to fall on his , a pronounced 'hmpff' escaped his lips as he looked up, adjusting his eyes to see Yoongi jump down and walk towards him.

     "I can't find Seokjin," Yoongi held out his hand to help him up.

     "Not good," Hoseok hacked, coughing up a bit of blood.

     Before Yoongi could ask if he was okay, Namjoon came clattering down the path towards them; on his trail, six panther-like creatures were snapping their jaws at his heels, trying to make him their next meal. He turned around to face them when he reached Hoseok and Yoongi's side, he held out his palm and the creatures came to an abrupt halt as if hitting an invisible wall. They recovered, shaking their heads side to side, focusing on the three tasty morsels standing in front of them, mashing their teeth grievously.

     "Well ain't this some ," Hoseok commented.

     "Stand back," Namjoon announced and they moved back behind him, out of the way. Namjoon held up both his palms and raised them upwards, the creatures began to float into th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter