Discovery

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

      A week later, the scar on Jungkook's face was still visible, but mostly healed. The swelling had gone away, but the redness was still prominent. He thought it made him look both hideous and tough at the same time. At the very least, it gave him a bit of character and a nice story to tell. He hadn't seen Seokjin since that night he slept in his chair, he wasn't even out training... Seokjin never went days without training. The castle was a bit too quiet for Jungkook's tastes, with Noni in Russia with her brother and Namjoon not taking the time to see him, he was feeling a bit cut off and lonely. Today, he had had enough, he decided to find Taehyung and Jimin and convince them to do something to get his mind off all the bull. At this point, anything would be better than sitting in his room and staring out the window.

     Taehyung was sitting on the roof, chucking bits of shingle off, looking rather perturbed. Jungkook plopped down next to him.

     "What's up?" Jungkook asked.

     "Bored, you?" Taehyung looked over at him, "Woh, nice scar," He straightened up and came closer, examining it, "Damn, does it hurt?"

     "Not anymore." Jungkook felt oddly unique and important.

     "I didn't know if the rumors were true, heard Seokjin killed 4 alphas, but thought it had to be an exaggeration?"

     "I don't know what the others were, but the alpha that did this, he tore out his heart," Jungkook smiled, "It was freakin' awesome."

     "Never a dull moment with that guy," Taehyung bumped fists with him, "Seokjin is made of legend." 

     Jungkook snorted, "To say the least." 

      Taehyung hurled another piece of shingle off the roof.

     "Where's Jimin?" Jungkook noticed the mention of his brother's name made Taehyung frown.

     "He's out with that stupid girl, Meredith," He rolled his eyes, "She isn't even a werewolf, Jungkook."

     Jungkook couldn't help but smile, "Sorry," He sympathized. 

     The sound of the metal gates scraping the asphalt made both of them focus on the jet-black car pulling through the gates as they opened. Seokjin was rolling up in his newly repaired, now holeless car. That must have been why he had disappeared, he was busy with getting it fixed... Jungkook hoped. He watched as the elder parked the car and got out. Seokjin glanced up at him, Jungkook waved, but Seokjin just walked inside, ignoring him. Jungkook sighed. Just when you think you've broken through, just a little bit...

     "You like Seokjin?" Taehyung's face lit up.

     "He's my mentor, why wouldn't I like him?" Jungkook was purposely playing dumb, he could sense Taehyung was giving him a scandalous look. "Hey, I wanted to ask you something," He quickly changed the subject.

     Taehyung slumped back down, moping once again, "What?"

     "Have you ever heard of a demon called the Onyx?" 

     "Onyx?" He scratched his head and drifted off into thought, "Kind of sounds familiar, not sure, why?"

     "Can you find out?" Jungkook avoided telling him the reason, for now.

     "Yeah, if not me, then Jimin, he's good at hacking things." Taehyung smiled, "Give me a few days."

     "Okay, thanks." Jungkook stood, "Gonna go try to catch up with Seokjin, need to ask him something."

 

     Seokjin was in the kitchen, leaning against the counter, mug in one hand and phone in the other. He glanced up as Jungkook came in, then back down at his phone just as quick.

     "Hey-" Jungkook greeted.

      "Can't talk," Seokjin set the cup down on the counter, slipping his phone into his pocket. He attempted to walk past Jungkook, who grabbed his arm to stop him.

     "Why are you avoiding me?" Jungkook snapped.

     "I'm not avoiding you," Seokjin turned around to face him.

     "Yeah, you are," Jungkook whined, "What did I do wrong?"

     Seokjin didn't know how to answer that and Jungkook could see him fidgeting.

     "Nothing, just have to do," He looked at Jungkook sternly, hoping Jungkook would take the hint that he was not in the mood for confrontation.

     "You never skip training, I've been out there busting my alone," Jungkook complained, getting a bit angrier than he intended.

     "I'll make sure someone comes out to train with you-"

     "I don't want to train with someone else, I want to train with you," Jungkook ranted at him.

     "Can't always have everything you want," Seokjin snapped back.

     "What the is your problem?" Jungkook was getting heated, he felt like his blood was actually boiling.

     "I don't have a problem-"

     "You never let anyone in, it's bull."

     "You don't know what the hell you're talking about, just back off," Seokjin pushed him back.

     Jungkook wasn't about to be pushed around, he lost it. Drawing back his fist he socked Seokjin straight in the jaw. The elder's head flew back and he grabbed his jaw, in shock. Seokjin straightened himself up, turning to the younger.

     "You're an ," Jungkook spat and tramped out.

     "What the ?" Seokjin muttered to himself, determined to hunt the kid down and tell him off.

     When Seokjin caught up to Jungkook, he was nearing the castle cemetery. He grabbed his shoulder and spun him around, tears had formed in the younger's eyes.

     "Leave me alone," Jungkook yelled and turned back around to walk, but Seokjin ran ahead, cutting him off, Jungkook stopped walking and stared up at Seokjin's face, which was now inches from his own.

     "I'm sorry," Seokjin's expression was wrought with sadness, he sat down on the gra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter