Truth

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

     

     Seokjin's eyes shot open, awoken suddenly from a nightmare, he blinked them several times, weary. It was still the middle of the night as he could spot the moonlight shining through the curtains, illuminating the room just enough to cast everything in shadows. To his left, Jungkook was sprawled out on the bed, lying diagonally with his feet resting atop Seokjin's. Jungkook had climbed into bed with him during his slumber and why Seokjin wasn't kicking him off made it apparent how comfortable he had grown with him. He huffed out, amused. He had always maintained strict boundaries when it came to his personal space, yet somehow he'd allowed Jungkook to take care of him in the very place he had grown so content being alone in. Seokjin didn't even understand it himself, he was good at shutting people out, so why couldn't he with Jungkook? In fact, he actually wanted to be around him. Seokjin turned to Jungkook, watching as he lay there, eyes closed, drool seeping out of the corner of his mouth, hair sticking up disheveled. He reached out to smooth down some of the stray hairs, but Jungkook rolled over and rested his head on Seokjin's arm, laying his arm across Seokjin's chest. Seokjin gasped. . He didn't know what to do.  

     Surprisingly, this felt right. He would address these strange emotions later when he was more rested, maybe when he had sufficient time to examine what the hell was actually happening between them. Somehow he managed to drift back to sleep. When he woke again, the usual chorus of songbirds outside his window, filled his ears with a splendor of tweets and chirps.

     Ah, morning. 

     "Blech," He smacked his lips together, sticking out his tongue, his morning breath was so bad he knew his toothbrush would be offended... maybe even melt. He attempted to stretch, but the pressure on his chest cavity made it so he couldn't move, he peered down; Jungkook had his head nestled into the crook of Seokjin's neck, snuggled up with his one arm wrapped tightly around Seokjin's midsection.

     Gasp! They... were... cuddling.

     "Jungkook," Seokjin whispered, lifting the hand, that was resting quite comfortably on Jungkook's shoulder, off. 

     Jungkook did not budge.

     "Jungkook," He called louder and shook him gently.

     Jungkook opened his eyes, smiling as he nuzzled in; so warm, so comfortable, the perfect fit. Then the realization of where he was, set in. He slowly gawked up at Seokjin, eyes widening, "Good morning?" Jungkook grinned apologetically.

     "We should uh..." Seokjin cleared his throat, sliding his body out from underneath the younger, "Get ready."

     "Sorry," Jungkook turned over and sat up in one quick motion. He looked down panicked, realizing that the morning brought on quite an embarrassing situation. Morning wood. He bit his lip, trying to hide it as he inched off the bed.

     "Go get a shower, it helps," Seokjin smirked, sitting up to rest his shoulders on the headboard.

     Jungkook grimaced as he walked into the bathroom and shut the door, internally screaming for a black hole to appear and swallow him up. Ten minutes and nearly 20 gallons of ice-cold water later, Jungkook came out with just a towel wrapped around his waist.

     Seokjin choked on his coffee, wiping the dribble off his shirt and trying to act like he didn't just experience some form of interest from Jungkook's exposed body, "Clothing?" 

     "I didn't bring any extra clothes and I really don't want to walk around the hallway ." 

     Seokjin leaned up, setting his coffee on the nightstand. He strolled over to his closet and grabbed a pair of sweatpants, calming his insides from the flip-flopping his stomach was doing. He threw them to Jungkook, "Just bring them back later.. washed."

     Jungkook slipped them on, "Thanks."

     "My turn," Seokjin declared as he grabbed a fresh set of clothing.

     Jungkook threw the towel over the back of Seokjin's chair, watching as the elder walked to the bathroom and closed the door.

     "Enjoy," Jungkook ruffled his hair, trying to tame his wet head as he sat on the bed. He wondered if he should wait until Seokjin was done with his shower before he left, then he wondered why the hell he would stay, he had no reason to, other than to make sure Seokjin was okay and didn't pass out in the shower. He decided to sit there and wait. He laid back on the bed, gazing up at the ceiling, trying to preoccupy his mind with things other than how Seokjin was feet away, with only the thin wood of a door separating them; and wet. He hoped that their sleepy time cuddle session did not make Seokjin ignore him for a week.

     When Seokjin emerged from the bathroom, he could hear the sound of the younger's snoring fill the quiet room, Jungkook had fallen back asleep. This kid! Seokjin smiled as he sat down on the bed next to him and laid back. The movement of the bed jolted Jungkook back awake.

     ", I fell asleep," Jungkook glanced over at Seokjin. "Sorry. I just wanted to make sure you didn't pass out in the shower."

     "I'm okay now," Seokjin turned his head to Jungkook, "fully healed."

     "Are you sure, because you don't have to act tough for my benefit," A look of concern spread across Jungkook's face.

     "Yeah, don't worry," Seokjin affirmed. Oddly enough, he liked that someone worried about him.

     "Sorry about..uh, this morning," Jungkook sat up, "I don't know how I ended up... cuddling-"

     "It's fine, don't worry about it," Seokjin sat up, returning to his usual rigid self.

     Jungkook closed his eyes, chastising himself for saying the wrong thing... again. Stupidass. 

      "I uh... yeah-" He stood up, "I'm gonna... go."

     Seokjin watched as Jungkook promptly left the room, he could see the younger was flustered and knew he probably should have stopped him. He wished he wasn't such a jerk to him all the time. He wished he could stop trying to suppress that he might feel something. Emotions were hard, he wasn't used to the kind that didn't involve hating things.

 

     Jungkook sat on his bed and looked at the papers on his nightstand. He was mentally drained from the events of the last day, if it hadn't been for Taehyung, Seokjin would be dead. Why didn't Noni know what was wrong with him? She is the one that is supposed to pick up on these things. Then again, she was pretty out of it herself. He wondered if someone cast a spell on her, but then quickly dismissed it. He didn't know enough about witches or empaths to come to any conclusions, nor did he want to relive it all again in his mind. Seokjin almost died. He shuddered.

     A knock sounded on his door and he looked up.

     "What?" Jungkook yelled. Seokjin peeked his head in and Jungkook looked at him surprised, he was sure that the elder would have avoided him for a month after this morning, "Seokjin!"

     "I'm going down to see Noni and Namjoon, I think you should come," He raised his eyebrows as if waiting for an answer.

     "Uh... yeah, sure," Jungkook replied, "Just give me a minute to get dressed."

     "I'll be in the hallway," Seokjin nodded and closed the door.

 

     As they descended the stairs, they noticed pack members were busying themselves with cleaning up the mess that had been left behind from the attack. All the smoke had colored the walls in a dusty layer of soot, suffocating the space with the pungent aroma of swamp toad.  A man in a uniform was installing a new set of doors, while Taehyung and Jimin swept up the glass and wood that littered the foyer. Jungkook had to sidestep as Seokjin pulled him away from almost tripping over a body as they waded through the debris.

      They stopped at the doorway to Namjoon's office. Seokjin knocked, hearing a "come in" from the other side, he and Jungkook entered. Namjoon's expression was somber, they knew Jacker's impromptu little visit was making him question everything, the tension was thick. Jungkook glanced over at Noni, who was seated on the couch, her hands folded neatly on her lap, staring back at him.

     "I was just about to send for you," Namjoon remarked to Seokjin. "Please have a sea-"

     "I want the bull to end Namjoon," Seokjin interrupted their leader, unable to hold back his temper, "What aren't you telling us?"

     Namjoon lowered his head, there was no sense in beating around the bush, "I suspected you weren't half-human for a while now, but I didn't know what you were."

     "Which means what?" Seokjin just stared at him.

     "Which means I lied to you," Namjoon looked Seokjin in the eyes, "I owe you an apology."

     "Save the fake apologies, I want you to be honest with us," Seokjin demanded. 

     Jungkook got an uneasy vibe and he peered over at Noni. After yesterday, she knew Jungkook and Taehyung knew what Seokjin really was.

     "You're an Onyx hybrid," Noni sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter