Vehemence

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

 

   

 

      The flight home was long, but Jungkook had the memory of hearing Seokjin tell him he loved him constantly running through his mind. He loves you! Seokjin is in love with you!  Jungkook became overly giddy at the pure notion that Seokjin had actually fallen in love with him and not only that, he right out told him, I love you too... he was about to fanboy all over the plane. Calm down before they kick you off. He chuckled to himself as he glanced over at Taehyung who had not put the 'Book of Caves' tour book down since they left Abram's. Seokjin was seated two rows up, next to some smelly guy, napping. He knew the guy was smelly because Seokjin had looked back at him twice before takeoff, making a face and holding his nose. Jungkook and Taehyung had a good laugh about it.

     "I don't know how he can sleep through that smell," Jungkook waved his hand in front of his nose, casting a glance towards Seokjin, "Smelly guy's odor is wafting."

     "I think I know which cave system the dagger could be in," Taehyung pointed to a map in his book, "It's the deepest and has a lot of winding passages."

     "If it were me, I'd stick it in a smaller one, it'd be less predictable," Jungkook remarked, laying his head back.

     "That's not how things work," Taehyung pointed out. He looked up at the stewardess coming down the aisle, wheeling the drink cart. She kept glancing at Seokjin, then back at her cart. Taehyung was getting an uneasy feeling. "Be ready, I think some is about to go down."

     Jungkook lifted his head, "Huh?"

     Taehyung motioned with his eyes towards the stewardess and then to Seokjin, "She keeps staring at him."

     "Well, he is hot," Jungkook reminded him.

     "Can we forget your hormones for two seconds?" Taehyung rolled his eyes.

     "You really think they would pull something on the plane?" Jungkook questioned, one eyebrow raised in doubt.

     "Wouldn't you?" Taehyung answered, "Just keep an eye on her."

     "Sure," Jungkook retorted and laid his head back down.

     You people would die without me. Taehyung frowned, he would have to continue his surveillance alone, without the help of Sleeping Beauty or his sidekick, Doubtful . 

 

     They landed shortly after nightfall. Taehyung had fallen asleep about an hour into recon and lost track of the stewardess, he hoped maybe he was wrong about her, but his gut said otherwise. Stay vigilant, Tae!

     They made their way inside the airport terminal, dragging feet to find the baggage area to collect their bags. Seokjin was half-awake, feeling jet-lagged, between the plane and the last few days, exhausted was an understatement. 

     "See, you worry too much," Jungkook bopped Taehyung on the head, smirking. 

     "Mmm," Taehyung wasn't convinced, his sense of impending doom had intensified the moment they stepped off the escalator to the lower floor, he kept looking around to make sure they weren't being followed.

     "Worry?" Seokjin questioned, yawning. He stopped next to the giant plant that was situated in the corner of the hallway connecting two areas.

     "Taehyung thinks the stewardess was stalking you," Jungkook teased.

     "She is," Seokjin smirked.

     "Huh?!" Jungkook and Taehyung said in unison.

     Seokjin took a quick glance around to make sure no one was watching, then reached his hand back behind the plant, and in one swift motion, grabbed the stewardess by the back of the neck and pulled her out. He led her across the hall and kicked the bathroom door open, pushing her in. Taehyung and Jungkook exchanged glances and swiftly joined him.

     "Why are you following us?" Seokjin had one clawed hand wrapped around her neck while aiming his gun at her head.

    "I am not going to tell you anything," She hissed.

     "Then I have no reason not to squeeze the life out of you," He drew blood as he tightened his grip, piercing her skin with his claws.

     "Wa-wait," She begged, "It's not that sinister."

     Seokjin showed no emotion, he just stared at her, his eyes black as tar. 

     "I was hired to follow you," She huffed, "That's all."

     "You really at your job," Seokjin sneered, not believing one word of her story.

     "I just had to see where you would go, those were my instructions," She looked at each of them.

     "You're lying," Seokjin challenged, he leaned in and took a whiff of her scent, "And you're scared."

     "I sw-swear," She insisted.

     "By who?" Taehyung broke in.

     "I don't know, it was a voice on a phone," She answered, panicked. She was sweating profusely, droplets ran down her cheeks and soaked the collar of her uniform. Her eyes darted nervously to each of them before settling on Seokjin again.

     Jungkook covered his mouth, there was a weird smell emanating from her, he backed up, "What is that smell?" 

     Taehyung started to smell it too, he peered down at the balled-up fist stuffed inside her jacket pocket. She was holding something, "Pocket-"

      Seokjin let her go and backed up, glaring at her hand.

     She pulled out a tiny canister from her pocket, waving it around like it was a bomb, "Just back off and no one will get hurt."

     Seokjin smirked, shoving his gun back in his holster, "You're not leaving here alive."

     "Then neither are you!" She shook the canister and popped the casing.

     A weird green gas began to pour out of it, filling the room with noxious fumes fast. She threw it to the floor, covering with her hand. Taehyung and Jungkook began to cough as the gas circled around them, they needed to leave and fast. 

     "Get him outta here," Seokjin ordered, coughing out.

     Taehyung nodded as he grabbed Jungkook by the collar and pulled him to the door, where they made a hasty exit. Seokjin scooped up the canister and turned towards her as she tried to push past him, grabbing her wrist, he swung her around and jammed it into , breaking it. She gagged and fell backward into one of the stalls, leaving behind deep claw marks in the door as she tried to grab it. He slammed it shut and leaned against it, covering his nose with his coat sleeve. She banged against the door a few times as he held it shut, thumping against it with her body weight, but it wouldn't budge, Seokjin's strength was too much. Her muffled screeches echoed around the room, followed by some really unpleasant retching.

     Taehyung scrambled to grab the 'out of order' sign from the vending machine down the hallway, nearly tipping it over in the process.

     "Hurry!" Jungkook whisper-yelled, beckoning Taehyung as he kept an eye out for any passersby. Lucky for them, the airport was pretty dead this time of night. 

     Taehyung rushed back to the bathroom and affixed the sign to the door, leaning against it to tame his panic as he took in a deep breath. He glared at Jungkook, afraid that the weird noises coming from within the bathroom would alert someone that there was something foul happening just on the other side.

     "It would be much appreciated if you could die a little quieter," Seokjin frowned.     

     Her body fell to the floor with a thud, rolling out partially from under the stall, her eyes staring up at him with the desperation of imminent death. She expelled a puff of gas as her hands fell to her side, her eyes rolled up into her head, the world behind them fading away...

     Seconds later, she was dead.

     "Now to find out who the hell you are," Seokjin bent down to search her pockets for any identification, swatting away the gas as he covered his mouth, his eyes were beginning to water. Nothing. He ripped the lanyard that held her airline badge from her neck, reading it. Tatiana Sokolov? 

     Body disposal in a public airport was not Seokjin's favorite thing, but thank goodness there were means to get rid of all evidence. Albeit, smelly and dirty. Jungkook wanted to throw up as he watched the body in the garbage can turn to a slimy goo and then harden and evaporate into thin air.

     Taehyung grimaced, "Yeah, I will never get used to that."

     Seokjin cracked his neck and turned to Jungkook, "You okay?"

     Jungkook nodded, he had so many questions. So. Many. Questions!

     Seokjin smacked his arm, "Come on, let's go get the bags."

 

     Jungkook and Taehyung climbed into the car as Seokjin started it up. He peeled out of the parking space, turning the steering wheel quick, he floored it out of the parking lot and was down the rampway less than ten seconds later.

     "What was in that canister?" Jungkook was panicked, buckling himself in.

     "Hemlock probably," Taehyung spoke up, clicking the buckle, "I've never seen it in gas form before."

     "In small doses, it's used to subdue a violent werewolf, usually when they first change after a bite," Seokjin glanced in his rearview mirror.

     "Small doses?" Jungkook asked.

     "Yeah, like the equivalent of a thimbleful," He pulled out onto the highway.

     "Was she trying to kill us?" Jungkook wondered, out loud.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter