BONUS 2: Angst and Love

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

 

     Taehyung was near ready to strangle Sehun by dinner time, the dude would not shut up; If he wasn't making weird noises with his mouth or humming, he was asking him questions about his relationship with Yoongi. Taehyung did not want to talk about that, especially with someone he didn't even know. He kept texting Yoongi to come down here and muzzle him, but Yoongi was purposely ignoring his texts.

     "He's always been a ," Sehun laughed after Taehyung put his phone down for the fifth time in the last twenty minutes.

     "Can you just shut up for like five minutes?" Taehyung snapped.

     "I talk when I'm hungry," Sehun straightened up, he was so full of pent up energy he was ready to burst.

     "If I get you a granola bar, will you shut the up?" Taehyung huffed, he was beyond done with this guy.

     "How about you bring me one of those curmlings?"

     "What? No!" Taehyung was horrified.

     "What part of vampire do you not understand?"

    "I'll get you a blood bag-"

     "Are you serious? Yoongi feeds from a blood bag?"

    "I thought you all did?"

     "Don't insult me like that," Sehun scoffed, "I didn't think Yoongi had turned into such a pus-"

     "I'm not here to impress you," Yoongi spoke up from the doorway, making Taehyung jump, "Hunting is time-consuming."

     Taehyung turned to Yoongi, his expression turned angry, "Can you get this out of here already? He's driving me crazy."

     "I need him to stay here for now," Yoongi said flatly, throwing Sehun a blood bag.

     "That's bull-"

     "I'll be back later with another bag," Yoongi nodded to Sehun and then turned and walked from the room.

      "Oh hell no," Taehyung chased after him, seizing his arm in the hallway to stop him, "Yoongi-"

     "What?"

     "Why is it so important he stay in the lab, we have rooms for this ," Taehyung asked, not hiding his anger.

     "He just does," Yoongi didn't fancy a discussion on it with Sehun listening in, five feet away.

     "Are you trying to punish me for kicking you out the other night?"

     "I'm not even going to answer that," Yoongi continued to walk. "Just keep him in there."

     "No. Screw you! He's not my problem," Taehyung had enough, he sprinted up the stairs past Yoongi, wanting to be anywhere other than in the lab.  Yoongi caught up to him in the kitchen, where Taehyung fetched a bottle of water from the fridge and drank down half of it, trying to calm his mood.

     "He's wearing a linked gem, it's important he be around people-"

     "Who bugged him?" Taehyung turned to him interrupting, staring incredulously into Yoongi's eyes.

     "Not sure," Yoongi leaned against the counter, "either Amelia or one of Cato's minions."

     "Why would Amelia be interested in what you're doing?" Taehyung took another sip of his water.

     "Cato promised my dad a property," Yoongi thought back to how excited his father was knowing that Seokjin had inherited all of Cato's assets, thinking he had lost it after Cato died, "I think it has something to do with what the vampires are planning." 

     "What property?" Taehyung wasn't going to let him drop it.  

      Yoongi stared at him, surprised that Taehyung continued to ask questions, especially since the younger was so pissed at him.

     "My dad wanted to buy a property from Seokjin after Cato died, so I got curious."

    "And?" Taehyung asked.

     "And... I didn't think anything about it at first, why he'd be interested in an old worn down factory on the pier, but after talking to Abram, I found out the place used to be for manufacturing."

     "Drugs?"

     "No... Well, kind of. They used to manufacture a synthesized compound to aid werewolf transformations. They administered them to werewolf children, then sold them off to the highest bidders for their sick games."

     Taehyung's baffled, wide-eyed expression told Yoongi that Taehyung was unaware of the black market deals. Taehyung was intelligent but very naive to the shady side of the supernatural world he was a part of.  At one point in time, werewolf children were very sought after, over-bred mothers would be chained in dungeons, popping out offspring to be sold in auctions, especially to the vampire elite. Much like with his own father's maze game, they were used in savage sporting events, pitted against each other in fights to the death. With the drug, they could partially go through the Lycan transformation before hitting puberty, aggressive pre-pubescent pups were easier to handle than adults and much more of an entertainment factor if they weren't in human form. The drug was also used to keep werewolf women in a constant Lycan state, as breeding stock, they were able to produce multiple offspring that could be delivered at two months gestation, much like a puppy mill. Not to mention, the onyx's need for such places, no one had understood why Cato needed werewolf children until the whole draining secret came out. Yoongi was sickened about all the stuff he had uncovered during his quest for the truth. He filled Taehyung in on everything that he knew. 

     "I think I'm going to throw up," Taehyung slumped down into a chair and rested his head in his hands. 

     "Old traditions would have died with me in charge, Amelia knew that and since my father was so adamant about me taking over, she knew I'd kill him and be ostracized, Jihoon would settle in as the head and all their little shady deals could continue."

     "So why are they bugging Sehun? What are they hoping to find out?"

     "If the generals come back, the vampires can kiss their business goodbye," Yoongi figured, "Plus, the onyx want to kill off the werewolves by draining all of their power, a little hard to continue your business plan if your merchandise is gone."

     "My god-"

     "It's like Yoosun said, Cato wasn't patient, he didn't believe in growing up pups," Yoongi remembered, "His need to drain was too powerful."

     "Sehun is awful brave coming into the lion's den alone," Taehyung remarked. The lion's den, in this case, being where Seokjin and Namjoon could bring down their wrath upon a foolish emissary.

     "I don't think he knows the crystal he's wearing is linked, he tried to warn me to stay away from the portal," Yoongi sat up on the counter. 

     "So you trust this guy?"

     "I don't trust anyone outside this pack," Yoongi confided, "But, I'm going to assume for the time being, he's being used."

     "I didn't think the vampires were so... heinous," Taehyung frowned, appalled.

     "They're a small bunch, but they're set in upholding sick traditions."

      "Your father knew you were against all this, why was he pushing for you to be in charge then?"

     "My father was a bit delusional that I would be like him... he thought eventually, I would fall in line," Yoongi swallowed hard, smirking as he thought about his mother, "He married the wrong woman, she was never one to fit in."

     "I wish I could have met her," A warm smile took over Taehyung's face and Yoongi found himself overcome with some new emotion. 

     "She would have loved you," Yoongi wore a drunk grin, he quickly shook his head. Back to reality. He cleared his throat, "I should go talk to Namjoon about all this." 

 

      Somehow they ended up in Taehyung's room, violently panting after a vigorous burst of lustful . But this time, Taehyung was surprised when Yoongi pulled him into a cuddle afterward. He half wanted to ask Yoongi if he felt alright, but he thought for sure the older would think he was making fun of him and probably kick him out of bed... even though it was his bed. 

     "Problem?" Yoongi asked, he could feel Taehyung stiffen up.

     "No," Taehyung sighed.

     "Do you want to kick me out again?"

     Taehyung sat up.

     "You do?" Yoongi sat up, looking straight into his soul.

     "No... I was just thinking," Taehyung reached over to grab his shirt off the nightstand and then slipped it on.

    "Don't do that," Yoongi threw the blankets aside and stood up, reaching down and grabbing up his boxers, "Thinking is unhealthy."

     Taehyung watched as Yoongi slid the boxers on and then began a search for his shirt, not sure if he should say anything or just let it go. This was usually the part of their 'get-together' that Yoongi would slip on his clothes and then slip out the door. It was stupid of him to think this was any different, even though something about this time seemed deeper. He wrestled around with the thoughts in his head for several minutes, snapping out of his little trance when Yoongi kissed him on the lips and leaned back up to stare down at him, now fully dressed.

     Yoongi could barely hold the stare for 3 seconds before he fixed his gaze upon the floor, "Like I said, don't think too hard about it."

     Taehyung was confused, "You're leaving?"

     "See ya tomorrow," Yoongi scooped his boots up from by the door and left Taehyung alone in the room with his thoughts.

 

     Taehyung handed Seokjin a wrench and sat down next to the front wheel of Seokjin's car, the elder was underneath changing the oil and only his lower torso and legs were visible, it reminded Taehyung of a scene from a b-rated zombie movie. He slipped into a reverie on how different his life would be if Hoseok hadn't taught him to be civilized with his hunger and how scenes like this would be commonplace if he fed on humans. He shook away his stray thoughts and concentrated on the reason he was out here... Yoongi.  

     "I'm sure we had a moment."

     "Moment?" Seokjin's words were muffled.

     "Yeah, it was different this time," Taehyung picked up a wrench.

      Seokjin bumped his head sliding out from underneath the chassis, "Ow, ." He rubbed the throbbing spot on his forehead, "Different how?"

     "You know, sometimes I think you care more than you should about my life with Yoongi," Taehyung was still a bit bitter about the whole Cato thing, he was not completely convinced that Seokjin didn't want it just as bad as the tyrant did.

     "Trust me, no one wants this to happen more than I do," Seokjin grabbed the oil filter from the box on the ground, "He's been miserable."

     "Yeah, I'm sure." Taehyung scoffed, "How stupid of me, of course, he probably feels bad because once again it's not you," Taehyung stood, throwing the wrench back in the toolbox.

     "Tae-"

     "It being in love with the guy," Taehyung shook his head, trudging backward away from the car.    

      Yeah, I know. Seokjin watched as Taehyung turned and walked off.

      "I have a garden to weed," Taehyung waved his hand, bidding Seokjin a farewell.

     Ah, Yoongi. Someone had to give Yoongi a reason to smile again, Seokjin wanted him to be happy and he felt Taehyung was the only one that could accomplish such a feat now.

     "Taehyung okay?" Namjoon joined him.

     "Yeah." Seokjin slid back under the car.

     "Jungkook is going tonight," Namjoon leaned against the car, "to see Tempest-"

     "What?" Seokjin slid back out from the car, once again whacking his head, "Tonight?"

     "Yeah, are you two okay?" 

     "Yeah, why?" He rubbed the sore spot on his cranium, "Did he say otherwise?"

     "He requested to go without you-"

     "He doesn't want me to go?"

     "You should talk to him, maybe something is up," Namjoon suggested, watching as a car pulled up behind Seokjin's and a driver gave him a nod, "I'll be back soon."

     Seokjin nodded. He needed to finish with the car so he could track down Jungkook. He didn't think the younger was upset with him, so all he really needed was a reason as to why he didn't want him to go.

  

     Jungkook was nervously pacing his bedroom floor when Seokjin found him. His eyes were closed an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter