Truce?

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

 

     Seokjin pulled through the gates of Jacker's estate, the place was still in disarray from the last time he had been there. Jacker probably kept it this way as a reminder that he couldn't let Seokjin beat him again... Seokjin's heart was beating too hard in his chest, but, he wasn't fearful. If anything, it was the dread of having to play nice with the enemy; he'd have to hold back his anger and stop himself from just ramming the dagger into the 's chest right here and now. Jacker wasn't the forgiving sort, which would make it that much harder to convince the scoundrel that a truce and a partnership was in everyone's best interest. This little quest would be the ultimate test of his resolve, requiring a flawless performance.

     "We've arrived," Seokjin announced as he came around to the front, letting out a sigh.

     Yoongi was sound asleep, his face was plastered against the window. Seokjin stopped hard and Yoongi's face slid down the glass, jolting him awake.

     "," Yoongi cursed him, wiping the stream of drool off his chin.

     "Ready to go make a deal with the enemy?" Seokjin put the car in park and turned off the ignition. 

     "This is the worst idea in the history of worst ideas, you realize that?" Yoongi unbuckled his seatbelt and opened his door, stretching his legs.

     "It's your positivity that I value most about our friendship." Seokjin opened his door and grabbed the boxed dagger, standing up. They were surrounded by at least fifteen men in a matter of a few seconds, all aiming guns straight at them.

     "I'm feeling a trust issue here," Yoongi held up his hands. Two men came forward, frisking him for weapons, two others did the same to Seokjin, a third man nabbed the box and checked inside, running his hand along the pommel of the dagger and smiling.

     "Jacker in his office?" Seokjin asked one of the men, pointing towards the house. The man was not amused, they pushed the two of them forward with their guns, marching them through the front doors.

 

     Jacker was waiting in his office, staring at the door from the edge of his desk, where he sat. The window behind him haphazardly boarded up, not doing a thing to stop the chilly breeze that flowed through, blowing his hair. He watched as Seokjin was pushed in first, followed by two men pointing their guns at him, then Yoongi and another two men. One of the men handed the box to Jacker and then resumed his position behind Seokjin, his stare was intense, but the shaking gun that the man aimed at his head, suggested he was terrified. Seokjin never did understand why Jacker used so many humans.

     "Well I must say, this is not what I was expecting when I saw you pull up," Jacker took out the dagger and examined it, making sure it was authentic.

     "I like suicide missions, what can I say?" Seokjin grinned.

     Jacker set the dagger back in the box and threw it on the couch, then stood and walked over to Seokjin, "Bold move coming back here." He hit Seokjin in the gut, Seokjin let out a gasp of air, closing his eyes, as he fought to contain himself.

     "I'm sure by now you know Cato has resurfaced?" Seokjin cleared his throat, trying his hardest not to scowl.

     "I've heard some rumors," Jacker glanced at Yoongi then turned back to go lean on his desk. "So you want a truce?"

     "Something like that," Seokjin clenched his fists.

     Jacker laughed, followed by his men... "Two are stronger than one?"

     "Together we have a chance," Seokjin wanted to throw up in his mouth, saying these words made him sick.

     "There's just one thing," Jacker raised his eyebrows, "I don't trust you."

      "Mutual," Yoongi chimed in.

      Jacker turned his head to glare at Yoongi, analyzing his face to find some sort of emotion.

     "Where's Destra?" Jacker stood.

     "She had an accident," Yoongi smiled, his gaze stayed focused straight ahead, like he was too good to look Jacker in the eye, or too scared, Jacker wasn't sure.

     "Your arrogance intrigues me," Jacker stood in front of Yoongi, looking him up and down. "You're at a huge disadvantage right now, but you still maintain your disrespect."

     . Seokjin knew what Jacker was doing. Yoongi was not the type to bow down to someone that he disliked, not for any cause.

     Yoongi made a face, much like he had a bad taste in his mouth as he eyed Jacker, "I don't feign grand delusions." He shrugged, "I don't respect you."

     "You expect me and my team to trust you, you come here wanting a truce, but you can't even act the part," Jacker smirked, enjoying every moment of this, "I don't think we can oblige."

     "Well, it's your death." Yoongi didn't try to contain his disgust, "Cato isn't interested in the vampires. So I don't really give two s what you do."

     "Fair enough." Jacker couldn't deny that it made sense.

     Don't do this, Yoongi... Seokjin's jaw tensed as he contemplated how he might have to retrieve the dagger without getting shot.

     "Then your presence here is of no use to me," Jacker looked at one of his men, they cocked their gun, Yoongi didn't flinch. Jacker cracked a smile. "Smug until the end."

     The man fired off a shot, but Seokjin stepped in the path of the bullet, flinching as it cut through the flesh in his shoulder, turning just as fast to grab the gun from the man who shot it and elbowing him straight to the nose, breaking it and killing him. He popped out the clip and threw the gun down.

     "You've made your point."

     "So you're willing to die for him? What would dear Jungkook have to say about that?" Jacker's grin made Seokjin's desire to grab that dagger and ram it through his heart intensify.

     "Cut the games, you're either okay with this little arrangement or you can off," Yoongi announced, "No one is going to pretend this is something it's not."

     "I just want a little mutual assurance," Jacker shrugged.

     "You have the dagger," Seokjin insisted, the bullet in his shoulder was starting to burn, he could feel the liquid pouring out into him, "If I'm not mistaken, the only thing that can kill you."

     "You can be sure that once this is over, I won't hesitate to slaughter you," Jacker confessed, but Seokjin just smirked. "The dagger was a foolish move, but effective."

     "Do we have a deal or not?" Seokjin was growing tired of Jacker's voice.

     "I will not answer to you."  His shrill tone gave Seokjin a headache. "If this is going to work, I answer only to Namjoon."

     "Done." Seokjin agreed, he could live with that, the less he had to deal with Jacker, the better off everyone was. 

     "One other thing," Jacker's face turned serious real quick. "I want the kid, Jimin."

     "We don't know where he is," Seokjin uttered, even if he did, he wouldn't give Jacker the satisfaction, Jimin was for Taehyung to deal with.

     "All I want is your word you won't interfere." Jacker grinned, "We already know where he is."

     Yoongi shrugged, "Do what you want, he's not our concern."

     "Good." Jacker went and sat behind his desk. "You're free to go, I'll be in contact soon."

 

     Yoongi shot Seokjin a disapproving look as they opened the car doors. He glared up at the second-floor window, where Jacker was staring down at them, a too smug of a grin spread across his mouth. "One for the history books - the dumbest deals of the 21st century."

     Seokjin turned to look where Yoongi was and then got in his car, he didn't want to think about what just happened. He started it up as Yoongi climbed in, "Let us never speak of this again."

     Yoongi clicked his seatbelt, paying notice to the red stain on Seokjin's shirt, "Should we, uh... remove that?" 

     

     Seokjin pulled away and continued down the road several miles before screeching to a halt at the side of the road, where he scrambled out of the car and over to the brush to throw up.

     Yoongi climbed out of the car and leaned against it as Seokjin stood back up and wiped his mouth with his jacket, "Your stubborn nature is going to be your demise one day."

     Seokjin frowned, "Just get it out."

     "This is gonna hurt like a ," Yoongi secured the velcro on his gloves and then grabbed him by the shoulders and leaned him against the car to fish out the bullet. Seokjin cringed at the intrusion of two fingers digging around in his flesh, "Tricky lil' bugger."

     After what seemed like an eternity, Yoongi pulled the bullet out and threw it down on to the pavement, wiping his fingers on the back of Seokjin's jacket. Yoongi grabbed Seokjin's arm and pulled him around so that he was facing him.

     "What?" Seokjin knew Yoongi was going to lecture him.

     "You've lost your edge Seokjin,"  Yoongi scoffed, "being with Jungkook has made you soft."

     "Shut up." Seokjin pushed Yoongi back.

     "I'm not even kidding," Yoongi shook his head and turned around to lean his against the car, crossing his arms.

     "Being a cocky almost got you killed." Seokjin pointed out.

     "He knew you would step in front of that bullet, because you're a little now." Yoongi argued, "You're too easy to read-"

     "I'm not any different," Seokjin grumbled, but he knew he was.

     "Jungkook is your weakness and everyone knows that, they will use that against you." Yoongi declared, "You're powerless"

     "What do you want me to do, pretend I'm not attached to him?" Seokjin was becoming angry.

     "Yeah, don't be so god-damned transparent, since when do you step in front of a bullet for me?" Yoongi complained.

     "I would have always." Seokjin insisted.

     "You used to be balls to the wall," Yoongi was exasperated, "That guy is gone."

     "That's bull." Seokjin disagreed.

     "But it's not, you have something to care about now." Yoongi yelled, "And as long as they know that, they will manipulate you like a ing puppet."

     Seokjin thought back to all the times recently that he had overlooked Jungkook's annoying habits, thinking they were cute little quirks. He had let Jacker get away because Jungkook was dying, more worried about his lover than the big picture. Then today, he made a truce with his enemy, practically begging the man to side with him, even presenting him a peace offering, without even knowing if Jungkook would get the second dagger. Yoongi was right. Jungkook was his weakness and people like Jacker would exploit that at any chance they could.

     "Nothing would stop you from getting the job done," Yoongi straightened back up and walked over to the car door, "Don't let Jungkook be the reason you die."

     Seokjin was quiet the ride back, contemplating what Yoongi said. He didn't know how else he was supposed to be, Jungkook was a part of him now, even if he was a 'weakness'. He couldn't just ignore the fact that he was in love with him or bonded, whatever people wanted to label it. He would die to make sure Jungkook was safe, he didn't consider that a weakness. Problem was - it also made him predictable, Jacker would pull his strings now, and that put all of them at risk.

 

     Hoseok climbed down in a hole, a small cavern dug into the earth in an obscure part of the forest that no one would ever look twice at, let alone climb down into. It was damp and dark and smelled like wet dog. Somehow Hoseok had been 'volunteered' to be the one crawling down into them. He cursed the gods for his thin frame as Jungkook handed down a flashlight. Hoseok shined the flashlight around, studying the rock face for any out of place crevices or magical energy.

     "You see anything?" Jungkook asked hopeful, this was the third hole they found today.

     "I think that prophet has gone crazy, there isn't around here," Taehyung added.

     A trip to the prophet earlier that day had led them to being out here in the forest for the last two hours. She had told them her reading would probably be off, but she knew the general vicinity of the second dagger. Hoseok was about to give up when he noticed part of the rock to his right had a small crack in it and there was the slightest hint of light shining through, something was hidden behind there.

     "I think I found something," Hoseok called up to him and Jungkook jumped down into the hole.

     "What is it?" Taehyung's head peered in after him.

     "Stand behind me," Hoseok ordered and Jungkook plastered himself against the wall behind him. Hoseok held up his hand to the rock. He closed his eyes and muttered an incantation. The outline of his hand flashed a bright white and Jungkook had to shield his eyes. A large pop sounded out and the wall began to crumble away, revealing what looked like a dungeon hallway hidden away behind it. About a dozen lit candles lined the walls, a sparkly dust encircled the flames and Jungkook knew it was pixie magic.

     "Pixie Magic!" Taehyung called out and they both looked up at him with their best 'no , Sherlock' faces.

     Hoseok stared into the darkness beyond the candles, he shined the flashlight down the corridor, sitting at the very end was a large wooden door.

     "Jackpot," Jungkook beamed and started to walk.

     "Wait," Hoseok yelled out, reaching out to try to grab his arm to stop him.

     It was too late, Jungkook set off one of the traps and spikes shot out from the wall, piercing his skin in several different places. The younger yelled out and backed away, rejoining Hoseok.

     "y traps," Hoseok said in vain.

     "Should be more careful." Taehyung laughed.

     "You wanna die?" Jungkook threatened as he pulled out five long spikes from his abdomen, recoiling at the pain. He ripped two more from both his arms and threw them down to the ground. "This ing thing better be down here." He tore the last spike from his neck, cursing it.

     "Hortus insidias," Hoseok yelled out, holding up his hand. A rumbling occurred below their feet and then with a loud clunk, several traps set off, sending spikes flying every which way. Seconds later, a giant boulder dropped from the ceiling - THUD - the impact made them both stumble. "Never trust a witch."

     "Noted." Jungkook rubbed his stomach, those spikes were painful.

     Hoseok smirked and started off down the corridor, clambering over the boulder to stop in front of the door, Jungkook was reluctant to follow, afraid something else might shoot out at him.

     "What's going on?" Taehyung's voice rang out from the hole, echoing off the walls.

     "Door," Jungkook yelled and then turned to Hoseok, who had his ear pressed to the wood, listening for any signs of life. He reached down to turn the handle, but it was locked.

     "Ugh, you bastards." Hoseok glowered, trying to assess if there was magic attached to it. Nothing. But, there was a keyhole. "We need a key." 

     "Stand back." Jungkook pushed Hoseok away from the door and used his shoulder to knock into the wood, thumping against it just hard enough to shake it... on the third try, it burst open. Jungkook almost lost his footing, but Hoseok had grabbed his hoody to stop him from falling into the deep pit below, "Holy ."

     "My life-saving medal will arrive any day," Hoseok kidded. He couldn't remember if he was at three or four for the number of lives saved within the pack since he joined.

     "How are we gonna get do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter