Birthday Surprise

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

 

 

      Sometime around sunset on Jungkook's 18th birthday, he received a big surprise. It turns out that when you turn eighteen, you mutate into a huge, hairy, hungry monster. Seokjin couldn't prepare him enough for the amount of torture he was suffering through, it was the most excruciating pain he had ever felt in his life... every nerve, every muscle, every inch of his skin was on fire.

     The elder clutched Jungkook's hand letting him squeeze as hard as he needed to, wincing a bit from the pressure.

     "Just let it happen, the more you fight it, the worse it hurts," Seokjin offered his advice, but Jungkook just wanted to gut him.

     " you!!" He howled and Seokjin laughed, "This isn't funny."

     "Noni reckons the pain is much like childbirth," Seokjin smiled.

     "Aaaghhhh..." Jungkook's mottled screams turned to tormented yowls, echoing through the room, shaking the windows.

     "It gets easier," Seokjin assured him, "First time is always the worst."

     "I just want to rip your throat out," Jungkook grumbled through clenched teeth as he ripped his hand free, digging his nails into his palm.

     "Let the pain power you." 

     "The pain is killing me, what are you talking about?"

     "Use it, harness it."

     Seokjin was not helping in the least.

     "I'm going to tear out your heart," Jungkook groaned and dropped to his knees, ripping off his shirt. He let out a loud, terrifying yowl and Seokjin backed up.

     "It's going to be the most powerful you ever felt in your whole life," Seokjin beamed as he leaned up against the wall, watching the coarse black hairs sprout up through Jungkook's skin. 

     Jungkook yelled out as his backbone began to contort, forcing him down on all fours. 

     "It won't be long now," Seokjin reassured him, unable to look away. Every agonizing scream was like a symphony to the elder's ears, a sense of pride washed over him as he stood, anticipating...

     The change took well over ten minutes as Jungkook's body cracked and snapped, wrenching violently as he transformed from a human into a ferocious, beastly form. The wails for mercy soon turned to growls, intense guttural vibrations thirsty for blood.

      Jungkook rose up on his two hind legs, his wicked stature casting a heavy shadow beneath him, like a skyscraper overlooking a city in the outline of a full moon. He gaped over at Seokjin, saliva dripping from his powerful, sharp jaws. His eyes glowed a bright, almost neon-yellow behind his furrowed brows. A primal instinct overtook his mind, all the younger wanted to do was kill...

     "Follow me," Seokjin snarled as he ripped his shirt off and turned into a magnificent beast, effortlessly.

 

     They ran wild through the woods, weaving in and out of the trees and brush, leaping off small cliffs, and clopping across the flowing river that ran the length of the property; nary an obstacle in nature that could stop the pair. Jungkook felt free, every single ounce of frustration, anger, lust, and all the guilt and jealousy he felt for the last 10 years powered him.

     Jungkook could smell the wildlife around him, it made his mouth water, itching to taste the fresh meat. They set their sights on a solitary deer drinking from the bank of the river, a yummy morsel oblivious to the two of them creeping low through the dying grass, stalking it. A cracking twig made it snap its attention to Seokjin who was seconds away from pouncing. It turned tail and fled back through the trees.

     The chase was on.

     Jungkook and Seokjin tracked the deer for about two miles, its adrenaline-filled body gave it great stamina, darting to and fro to avoid capture. Jungkook could feel the animal's heartbeat thumping inside its rib cage as he growled out, the terrified look in its eyes as he snapped his jaws at it only deepened the younger's hunger. He needed to feast and this deer would be his first meal as a savage predator. 

     They cornered it in a small collection of rocks inside the embankment, closing in on it from both sides, the poor little fluffy creature did not stand a chance. Jungkook felt pure exhilaration as he feasted on its flesh, the animalistic urges he had made him feel invigorated, like he could accomplish anything. The glint in Seokjin's eyes as he watched him chow down on the carcass made Jungkook ravenous, the elder was impressed and it wasn't something the younger felt often from him.

     After they had their meal, they ran off again. They chased each other down the cliffside and into the meadow below, trampling the tall grass at full speed. They didn't stop running until dawn, passing out on a pile of leaves a few miles from the castle. A familiar area where they could crash out to sleep off the exhaustion.

 

     When Jungkook awoke the next morning, Namjoon was standing over him, smiling. He held out a pair of pants and Jungkook took them and slipped them on, slightly uncomfortable that his bits had been exposed for the world to see.

     "Welcome to the pack," Namjoon held out his hand and helped him up, "The official pack."

     "Please tell me this gets easier," Jungkook cracked his neck.

     "I guess that depends on how well you accept the pain," Namjoon patted him on the back.

     Jungkook looked around and spotted Seokjin several feet away, still asleep, . His heartbeat sped up, the sight of him there, so pure and perfect... and , he could feel his whole body go warm.

     "Be careful, he doesn't give his heart away so easily," Namjoon handed another pair of pants to Jungkook.

     "Huh?" Jungkook was genuinely confused.

     "You don't have to be an empath to feel the effects of a smitten heart," Namjoon turned to walk away, "Give him the pants when he wakes up."

     What was Namjoon on about? How could he be in love? The only time he ever spent with Seokjin was when he was teaching him how to fight, and even then they didn't talk about anything other than that or the pack. All he knew about Seokjin was that he was closed off and focused. He shook his head in disbelief, everyone was crazy.

     Back at the castle, Noni had baked him a birthday cake, a breakfast cake since the night before he was in a state of... change. Since it was a special day, she was going to ignore the whole healthy breakfast thing she preached on the daily. Jimin did try his best to convince her that since cake had milk and eggs in it, it was just a glorified omelet and had to be at least semi-good for you.

     She set the cake ablaze with 18 candles, backing up from the tabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter