Weakness Removed

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

 

     Yoongi stumbled over the rocks that jutted out from the beach, 'jetties' they called them, he laughed as he stared down at the waves crashing just below his feet. Seokjin was dodging waves on the shore, misinterpreting the pattern and soaking the hell out of his shoes.

     They were past drunk...somewhere near brain dead territory.

     "Turn into a bat!" Seokjin yelled out to Yoongi at the end of the rocks. Yoongi nearly fell into the water. Twice.

      "I can't do that, I told you like 2 million times," Yoongi yelled at him. He could fly, well technically float, for short periods of time like from the ground to a roof or a tree to the ground. The bat thing was a myth.

     "Boring!" Seokjin fell on his and laughed.

     "Turn into a dog then, ," Yoongi mocked him.

     "Why would I turn into a dog, that doesn't even make sense," Seokjin kicked the sand with his foot.

     Yoongi climbed off the rocks and joined Seokjin, sitting down next to him with a thump. He picked up a shell and threw it out into the water.

     "There's four days until the full moon," Yoongi mentioned, slurring. "I don't think any of us are ready for this."

     "At least your kind doesn't kill each other over stupid ."

     "We're pretty vindictive when we want to be," Yoongi smirked, he may or may not have been referring to himself, "Especially to someone we perceive as a threat."

     "This isn't even your fight, why would you want to involve yourself in this?" Seokjin gazed up at the moon.

     "Pack loyalty," Yoongi answered, "Namjoon has been good to me."

     "So why did you leave then?" Seokjin had always wondered, it wasn't like he announced it either, he just up and left. Seokjin wondered if it was something he had done, but then just figured he probably needed time to himself. Yoongi wasn't really ever attached to anyone, much like himself, but if he had to admit it, Seokjin always missed hanging out with him. 'Best friends' to them meant they enjoyed each other when around each other, but when apart, they didn't really think about the other. They definitely had a complex friendship.

     "Best interest of everyone involved," Yoongi nodded.

     "Best interest of what?" Seokjin looked at him, thinking back, nothing had happened for him to have to leave.

     "I developed feelings for someone in the pack and it wasn't going to work," Yoongi was vague.

     "You had a relationship?" Seokjin scratched his head, thinking, "With who?"

     "I didn't say I had a relationship," Yoongi looked over at him.

     "You didn't even hang around anyone long enough to develop feelings, I would have known," Seokjin announced, calling bull on Yoongi's story.

     "How do you know that?" Yoongi asked him.

     "Because we were inseparable, you were always hanging out with me-" He looked back out at the water, realization hit him like the waves on the beach hit the sand, CRASH!

     "Yeah. Now you get it." Yoongi picked up another shell, "We got drunk and I did something that I shouldn't have."

     Seokjin had a sudden bad feeling that maybe Yoongi's 'crush' wasn't just in the past.

     "What did you mean tonight when you said the kid was right?"

     "Taehyung made me realize I needed to get closure. 12 years is a long time to stay in denial," Yoongi threw the shell in the water.

     "Is that why you got me drunk?" Seokjin laughed.

     "I like Taehyung," Yoongi admitted, "A lot."

     "I know." Seokjin smiled, "I can tell."

     "So I need to ask you a favor." Yoongi cleared his throat, "Don't freak out."

     "Oh god," Seokjin was afraid to ask, usually Yoongi's 'don't freak out' meant that he would indeed 'freak out' about whatever was to come next.

     "Kiss me," Yoongi blurted out.

     "What the !" Seokjin whined, "I haven't drank that much."

     "Just once, so I know it's about old feelings," Yoongi pleaded.

     "And if it's not?" Seokjin didn't think this was a good idea.

     "Trust me," Yoongi flashed a gummy, drunken smirk.

     "I'm going back home," Seokjin rose to his feet, stumbling sideways, he straightened himself up and then started his trek back to the bike. Yoongi stood and joined him.

     "Just one," Yoongi whined.

     "NO," Seokjin scolded him like a bad dog.

     Seokjin climbed onto the motorcycle and was about to put the helmet on when Yoongi grabbed it away.

     "You're drunk, you can't drive."

     "Come on, give me my helmet," Seokjin held out his hand, putting it down a few seconds later when Yoongi threw the helmet onto the sand.

     "I'm calling Taehyung to come get us," He took out his phone, a blank expression on his face, ", I can't remember his number."

     "Why didn't you save it in your phone?" Seokjin leaned his head into his palm against the handlebars, questioning his choice in friends.

     "That's too much commitment this early." Yoongi stuck his phone back in his pocket, "Call Jungkook."

     "Weren't you the one that said I needed to stay away from him?" Seokjin climbed off the bike and fell down in the grass, rolling over to sit up.

     "He can tell Taehyung," Yoongi knew his logic was sound.

     Seokjin handed Yoongi his phone, "You call him."

     "He's not gonna come out for me," Yoongi frowned, he handed it back to Seokjin, "You."

     "No." Seokjin laid back in the grass and threw the phone beside him.

     "Oh for 's sake." He grabbed the phone and dialed Jungkook. It rang five times before he picked up.

     "What?" His tone was annoyed.

     "Jungkookie!" Yoongi laughed, "Jungkookie, get Taehyung."

     "Yoongi?" Jungkook was surprised, "What the ? Where's Seokjin?"

     "He's here, get Taehyung you little ," Yoongi laid back on the grass, noticing the clouds swirling around the moon, "So serene."

     He heard a huff on the other side, then some movement, and then a muffled, "It's Yoongi, he's drunk." From Jungkook.

     "Yoongi?" Taehyung asked, putting the phone to his ear.

     "I need a ride, bring the kid and maybe Hoseok," Yoongi ordered.

     "Why do you need Hoseok?" Taehyung was confused, "Are you hurt?"

     "Someone has to ride the bike," Yoongi moaned. Jesus.

     There was a small hesitation, "Where are you?"

     "Beach I think," Yoongi looked over at Seokjin, "Stay with me, princess."

     Seokjin shot him a dirty look, he was nobody's princess, "Tell him Jungkook knows the spot." 

     "Did you hear that?" Yoongi asked Taehyung.

     "Yeah," Taehyung sighed, "We'll be there soon."

     Yoongi threw the phone back to Seokjin, it landed on his stomach, but he didn't move.

     "They're on their way." Yoongi leaned up and looked over at Seokjin, "Are you awake?"

     "No," Seokjin mumbled, keeping his eyes closed.

     "What's wrong with you?" Yoongi moved over so he was right next to Seokjin.

     "Nothing." He sat up.

     "Nothing my ." Yoongi laid his head down in Seokjin's lap, stretching out his legs in the grass, "Getting drunk was supposed to stop you from thinking."

     "You got me drunk so I would kiss you," Seokjin protested. Yoongi giggled.

     "Only half of it," Yoongi lied, "You're too uptight."

     "Meh," Seokjin exhaled.

     "This might be the last time all of us are together. The odds are someone will die," Yoongi shivered at the sobering thought.

     "All of us? It's just me and you here," Seokjin looked down at Yoongi, "And I'm not even sure you're here."

     "They're coming," Yoongi reminded him.

     "To pick us up," Seokjin shuddered, "God, Jungkook shouldn't see me like this."

     "Don't start whining about Jungkook," Yoongi yelled at him, making Seokjin frown.

     "He probably won't even come." Seokjin brushed the bangs from Yoongi's face, "If he's smart."

     "He'll come," Yoongi grimaced, smacking away Seokjin's hand. 

     "Why do you hate Kookie so much?" Seokjin asked, cupping his hands to his mouth to try to smell his breath.

     "I don't know," Yoongi answered. Jealousy. No stop. 

     "He's going to save us, so you should be nicer."

     Yoongi laughed, "Our lord and savior, bunny boy."

     Seokjin sighed loudly. Yoongi pulled out the bottle of alcohol from his jacket and took a long drink, then handed it to Seokjin.

     "Might as well finish this up," Yoongi coaxed.

     Seokjin took a swig. The taste made him grimace, he wasn't a big fan of vodka straight up. He looked out towards the ocean, swirling the liquid around in the bottle, before taking another long taste.

 

     When Taehyung pulled up, Seokjin and Yoongi were looking up at the stars, laughing. Yoongi was still laying his head on Seokjin, but they had switched positions and Yoongi had his head on Seokjin's abdomen, forming a 'T' with their bodies. They hadn't even noticed the trio park.

     Taehyung got out first, he walked over and stood there, staring down at them. Jungkook just leaned against the car, crossing his arms, peeved. Hoseok bent down and grabbed the bottle from the grass, tipping it upside down, it was completely empty.

     "Good party?" Hoseok heaved the bottle into a trash can several feet away.

     The noise startled Yoongi and he sat up... he smiled as soon as he saw who it was, "Tae Tae." 

     "How much have you had to drink?" Taehyung pulled Yoongi to stand.

     "A couple," Yoongi laughed, poking Taehyung's nose. Hoseok held out his hand to Seokjin.

     "Why am I floating?" Seokjin sat up, attempting to grab Hoseok's hand, but he kept missing.

     "You're not," Hoseok laughed and grabbed his hand when it swung back, pulling him up. Seokjin leaned on him.

     "You smell like a rabbit," Seokjin took in a big sniff of Hoseok's hair. He batted Seokjin away.

     Jungkook rolled his eyes.

     "Oh hey, before I forget," Yoongi grabbed Seokjin's collar and pulled him closer, "You owe me a kiss."

     Before Seokjin could protest, Yoongi planted a big one right on his lips. Taehyung let go of him and he fell, dragging Seokjin and Hoseok down with him.

     "What... the... ing... hell?" Taehyung yelled, looking down at Yoongi who had burst out laughing.

     Jungkook's mouth was hanging open, he went past pissed off to full-on rage.

     "God damn it Yoongi," Seokjin yelled but burst out laughing himself.

     "I told you Tae, it was nothing," He sat up and looked at him, "You were wrong."

     Taehyung shook his head, appalled.

 

     Taehyung threw the keys to Jungkook and then helped Yoongi into the back seat, climbing in after him. Yoongi began an off-key version of 'I'm a little teapot.' belting it at the top of his lungs. Taehyung tried to shush him up, but it was futile. Nothing was going to stop the drunk vampire from singing his heart out.

     Jungkook glared over at Seokjin who was standing in the middle of the parking lot looking up at the moon as if it was the first time he had ever seen such a sight.

     "Get in the car."

     No response.

     "SEOKJIN! GET IN THE CAR!!!" Jungkook yelled out.

     Still no response.

     Why? Why are you like this? Jungkook wanted to scream. "I should leave you here, ."

     "Huh?" He spun around looking for Jungkook, "Jungkook?"

     Jungkook was so done with Seokjin. He trudged over to him, grabbed his arm, and led him over to the passenger side, pushing him forward. He opened the door, "Get in."

     "Jungkook, you came," Seokjin stammered.

     "I didn't want to come," He pushed Seokjin towards the opening, "Just get in."

     "Kookie?" Seokjin called out.

     "What?" Jungkook exhaled, trying to remain calm, he didn't want to get into a fight in the parking lot.

     "Do you hate me?" Seokjin's face was now sad.

     "Just get in the car for 's sake," Jungkook tromped over to the driver's side and climbed in.

     "Seokjin, get in, we're going to the bar," Yoongi yelled, leaning his head out the open window.

     "No, we're not." Taehyung tried to pull him back into the car by his shirt, but he wiggled free.

     Seokjin clumsily slid into the seat, reaching over to grab the door to close it, leaning a little too far, Jungkook grabbed his shirt to stop him from tumbling out. Seokjin closed the door and laughed. He leaned his head back on the headrest and looked over at Jungkook, pouting.

     "Idiot," Jungkook was sure he was frothing at the mouth by now. He pulled out into the street, gripping the steering wheel so tight, it was threatening to snap in half at any minute.

     "Music!" Seokjin squealed and the radio, the volume was a bit too loud for the now pounding headache that occupied Jungkook's skull.

      "Did Hobi get the bike?" Yoongi peered out the back window.

     "Yeah," Taehyung responded.

     Jungkook turned off the music.

      "Did he find the helmet?" Yoongi seemed concerned.

     Seokjin turned it back on.

     "Yeah, helmet too," Taehyung rubbed his temples.

     Jungkook turned it back off.

     "You're annoying when you're drunk," Jungkook scolded, "Leave it off."

 

      The first five minutes of the ride was a battle of Seokjin turning on the radio super loud and Jungkook clicking it off just as quick.

     "STOP!" Jungkook warned him, reaching the boiling point.

     Seokjin withdrew his hand and turned around to look at Yoongi and Taehyung. Yoongi was sticking his hand out the window, feeling the air go through his fingers, on the opposite side of the back seat, an annoyed Taehyung was staring up at the moon. He then glanced back over at Jungkook, who was so far past the point of agitation that the frown lines carved into his forehead would probably be permanent.

     "You're really adorable when you're mad," Seokjin gushed.

     "Don't." Jungkook seethed, now grasping the steering wheel so hard, the knuckles of his left hand turned white.

     "Taehyung," Yoongi looked over at him, "Hey?"

     "What?" He answered but didn't look at the elder.

     "Thanks for coming," Yoongi put his hand on Taehyung's knee.

      "Yeah, whatever," Taehyung shook his leg and Yoongi removed his hand.

     Yoongi leaned up to Seokjin, his hands resting on the middle console, "Seokjin-"

     Jungkook slammed on the brakes, sending Yoongi flying into the dashboard, then back again, landing hard next to Taehyung in the seat.

     "What the hell?" Yoongi screamed out, grabbing his nose. Seokjin stared at Jungkook as the younger exited the car and walked around to Yoongi's door, opened it, and pulled him out.

     "Woh, Jungkook-" Seokjin fumbled with the door, as he tried to climb out quickly.

     Jungkook threw him down to the ground, hard. Yoongi rolled a short distance, scraping up his knees and elbows. Taehyung just slid from his side of the car to stick his head out of the window to watch, not bothering to leave the vehicle.

     "You can ing walk home, you piece of ," Jungkook used his foot to push Yoongi down off the side of the road, he tumbled into the ravine and landed in a small puddle of water with a hard splash. 

     "Jungkook, stop-" Seokjin tried to grab Jungkook's arm, but Jungkook backed up.

     "Don't. touch. me." Jungkook screamed, pushing Seokjin back, "Don't you ing touch me."

     Hoseok pulled up on the motorcycle, screeching to a halt, he yanked off his helmet, "What's going on?"

     Jungkook looked over at him, running his hand through his hair, he let out a frustrated scream.

     Yoongi stumbled up, peeling off his wet shirt, cursing the water and Jungkook. Seokjin held out his hand to help pull him up out of the ditch.

     "You're lucky I'm drunk," Yoongi stopped in front of Jungkook, grabbing him up by the shirt. Jungkook clenched his fists, ready for a brawl.

     "Yoongi, chill-" Seokjin barked at him, pulling him away.

     "Soon." Yoongi stared at Jungkook for a few seconds and then lumbered over and climbed on the back of the motorcycle. Hoseok tore off his hoodie and handed it to Yoongi.

     Seokjin stared at Jungkook, the younger's face scrunched up in anger and disgust glaring at Yoongi as he slipped on the hoodie. A chill ran up Seokjin's spine. 

     "Jungkook, I-" Seokjin stopped when he saw Jungkook's jaw muscles tense up. 

     "Get in the car," Jungkook didn't bother to look at Seokjin, he knew he might hurt him at this moment.

     Jungkook hates you, look at what you've done to him!

     "I'm sorry," Seokjin's mood changed in an instant, his face full of hurt and regret. He turned and started to walk off... up the road.

     "Seokjin?" Taehyung called out.

     The elder did not stop, he just kept walking.

     "Get him!" Taehyung told Jungkook, but Jungkook just got into the car, put it in drive, and peeled off down the street. He sped right on past Seokjin, the rush of wind made Seokjin stumble.

     Hoseok pulled the bike up next to him, Yoongi now nearly passed out, leaning his head on Hoseok's back.

     "Do you want me to come back for you?" Hoseok asked him.

      Seokjin just shook his head and kept walking. Hoseok sighed, slipping the helmet back on. He hit the throttle and sped off.

     Seokjin walked about a mile before stopping, clambering up on a giant boulder that lay sedentary on the side of the road. He looked up at the moon, the expression on Jungkook's face kept running through his mind, it sobered him up instantly,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter