Careful Plans

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

   

     Seokjin cried only one time in his life; when he woke up to see Taehyung sitting in the lab next to him with a somber look upon his face and being told that Jacker had taken Jungkook. He trashed the room, then sat down and balled his eyes out. He didn't even know he was capable of such a thing... Crying! What a tragic waste of time. He should be out there hunting Jacker down, but he was stuck here, at the castle, pacing the floors and hoping for a clue to tell them all where Jacker had taken Jungkook.

     "We'll get him back!" Taehyung had told him. That was one thing he was certain of, he just shuddered to think what Jacker was doing to him. Seokjin swore if Jacker harmed one hair on Jungkook's head, he was going to ram that dagger so far up Jacker's that he'd burst through the top of his head and rain brains over all his enemies.

     Namjoon was working on trying to track Jacker's men to his 'hideout', but it seemed like they all had gone underground and would not surface until they needed to. It had already been two weeks and no spottings. Seokjin was at his wit's end, he was not a patient person. 

     

     Taehyung and Jimin were camped out in the library, Taehyung was thumbing through books on demon wolves, brushing up on everything from their habits to theories on demon possessions... anything to try to figure out what the hell he was up to. Jimin was just scrolling through his phone and texting his girlfriend, the concentration 'faces' he kept making gave Taehyung the impression that they were having a serious conversation.

     "Everything okay?" Taehyung switched to a book on wolf anatomy. 

     "Aren't you worried the prophecy could be true, that Seokjin or someone like him could wipe out the werewolf population?" Jimin asked, looking up from his phone.

     "It makes no sense for a hybrid to do it, he's half-werewolf," Taehyung pointed out, "That would be counterproductive." 

     "Meredith thinks just because Jacker is bad, that we shouldn't dismiss all his beliefs, he might not be too far off," Jimin set his phone down on the table.

     "That's absurd," Taehyung shook his head, "That girl is warping your brain."

     "I'm just saying we don't really know Seokjin that well," Jimin stated.

     "Why do you listen to her?" Taehyung was already annoyed, he felt Jimin spent way too much time with her, "She has no clue about werewolf or onyx history."

     "She's a vampire, they know things," Jimin stood up and grabbed a book on ancient lore.

     "She's a pompous, self-centered, know it all-"

     "She's part of the Vampire Elitists," Jimin corrected him, "It's their job to study motives."

     "That explains some things," Taehyung whispered as he looked up over his book. He shook his head, "Who do you trust, me or her?"

     "Both of you." Jimin sat back down, "say what you will, but she has valid points."

     "Seokjin is an , I give you that, but I trust him two hundred percent," Taehyung was serious.

     "Good to know," Seokjin peeked out from behind a bookshelf.

     "Woh-"Jimin jumped. 

     Taehyung's fight or flight response kicked in and he accidentally threw his book across the room where it landed near Seokjin's feet.

     "You scared the out of me-" Jimin whined, patting his chest like he was trying to restart his heart.

     "Warning next time, yeah?" Taehyung smirked.

     "Sorry," Seokjin bent down to retrieve the book and handed it back to Taehyung.

     "How are you holding up?"

     "I'm going out of my mind." Seokjin sat on the edge of the table, "I feel like just sitting here is wasting time."

     "If he wanted to kill him, he would have done it a while ago," Jimin assured him.

     "Torture isn't death, is it?" Seokjin informed him, "You think he brought him there for a playdate?"

     Jimin rolled his eyes at Taehyung, suggesting that he was right about Seokjin being an , then went back to his book, determined to not say another word.

     "Namjoon brought Yoongi back this morning while you were out," Taehyung mentioned.

     "Yeah, I just saw him," Seokjin sighed.

     "They're excellent trackers, vampires," Jimin chimed in.

     Seokjin glared at him, there was something about Jimin he didn't like, and not just at this particular moment, lately he got nothing but bad vibes from him. If Jimin and his little vampire lover were doubting him and Jungkook, or if he believed that Seokjin was capable of wiping out his own pack, then Jimin was not his friend. He felt his face go warm at the notion.

     "Woah, you okay?" Taehyung noticed Seokjin's eyes were black.

     "Yeah," Seokjin stood, "I gotta go." He announced and then within seconds he bolted from the room.

     "Weirdo," Jimin closed the book and threw it aside.

     "Hope he'll be okay," Taehyung was worried.

     "Are we almost done here? I have to meet Meredith in a half-hour," Jimin yawned, checking his watch, "I'd like to get a shower." 

     Taehyung glanced at him, "Yeah, I got this.. go."

     Jimin held out his fist as he stood, beckoning a bro bump, then was out of the library faster than Taehyung could blink. Taehyung stared at the door, deep in thought. Meredith sure does have a big opinion on our pack business, not to mention the history of the onyx... and Seokjin. He reached over and pulled out his brother's laptop from the open bookbag he'd left behind. He typed Meredith's name in the archive's database, prompted to enter a password before he could proceed. The main archives were only supposed to be viewed by his father and pack leaders, but his father was terrible with passwords and often Taehyung or Jimin had to reset it, always memorizing what the new words were, and always peeking into business they were supposed to keep their noses out of.  A detailed list about her family came up on the screen, it was rather long - and usually, the thick files meant unfavorable things. His stomach felt queasy all of a sudden, he had an inkling that maybe Meredith wasn't so trustable. Prickly little goosebumps popped up on his arm like a biological alarm and he wiped them away, staring at the screen.

     No way. What if Meredith was the leak? What if she was the traitor? Technically she wasn't part of the pack, but if Jimin had inadvertently told her information, she could very well have told her people, maybe even Jacker or one of his men. He ruminated on that theory for a moment, bumping the palm of his hand on the tabletop, like a nervous tick.

      "." He breathed in, feeling even sicker now. He needed to have proof, he couldn't go off on just a suspicion. He typed 'Vampire Elitist' into the search bar, it was high time to do some homework. Fact-Finding 101; Trusting the know-it-all girlfriend.

   

    Jungkook was slumped over on the cold floor, shivering. Under his hairline, there was a fresh gash and a small pool of blood was drying on the gray stone below him. He didn't know what time of the day it was or how many days he had been there, all he could concentrate on was trying to warm his body up, so he curled up into a ball, wrapping his arms around his legs and tucking them into his chest. He felt weak, but his mind kept wandering to Seokjin, the only thing that was keeping him going at this point. He had no doubt Seokjin was trying to figure out a way to get to him and he knew this would end with Jacker dead. He could handle anything Jacker did to him, just as long as he held on to the thought that Seokjin would find him.

     "Oh young one..." A voice called through the door and Jungkook shifted, alarmed. He couldn't handle another 'talking' session from Jacker, he was too weak. Not now. 

     "No more," He whispered and an ominous laugh sounded on the other side of the door.

     The door swung open and a lanky, dark-haired man walked in, his hair was slicked back off his face and he wore a smirk that was somewhere between evil and bored. He slipped on a pair of leather gloves that were missing the finger holes, Jungkook was convinced that he didn't purchase them this way,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter