Yoongi's Lament

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

 

      Yoongi's Father, Yeolgwi, was a very eccentric man, he liked things to be done in a certain way, his way. That included not only his household and how he ruled over his throne and his henchmen, but also with his expectations from his son. Yoongi despised going to visit his childhood home. Everything about his father's palace was over the top, it looked straight out of a black and white horror movie. Cherry wood-paneled walls, large arched doors, and grandiose chandeliers adorned the place, reeking of tackiness. It was dark and horrid and growing up there was a nightmare. His father was even worse, he made Yoongi's 'cold and sarcastic' seem tame. He wondered how his free-spirited mother ever got with, much less lived with, such a person.

     Yoongi glared at the giant bat-shaped knocker situated smack dab in the middle of the vast iron doors. He reached up and grasped the cold brass and slammed it against the door, announcing his arrival. The heavy thump echoed through the house, he remembered that sound all too well, it was the sound of doom if doom could be made into a tone. He wondered which of the many servants his father employed would answer the door. He recognized her right away, Sara. Sara had been with them since Yoongi was a teenager.

     "Young master Yoongi," Sara opened the door wide and smiled, she looked to Seokjin and her expression turned love drunk, "Seokjin."

     "Is the old bastard in?" Yoongi strutted in, eyeing the same awful decor he'd seen too many times.

     Sara gasped. Seokjin turned to shut the door, snickering at the contortion her face made from elation to shock. 

     "You cannot talk about your father that way," She bellowed.

      Yoongi simply smirked, he didn't give a crap, "Office?"

      "You can see yourself," Sara bowed and walked off, glancing over her shoulder at Seokjin as she disappeared down the hall.

 

     Yoongi walked down the hallway past the stairs, running his finger along the wall, tipping the paintings off-kilter as he went. Seokjin grinned at how Yoongi became a rebellious teenager when he was 'home'. 

     When they got to the end, Yoongi laughed to himself, glancing up at Seokjin, "Want to know how to with your father's henchmen?"

     Seokjin grinned, "You're gonna get shot one day."

     Yoongi turned the handle of the office door and let it fly open, "Boo!"

     Several men drew their guns and had them trained on the intruders, before realizing it was Yoongi and Seokjin.

     "You dumb , I could have shot you," Henchmen no.1 yelled.

     "Please. Do me the favor," Yoongi strolled inside, stopping to gawk at his father's new digs.

 

     In the middle of the Victorian-era forest green room, sitting upon a big gaudy throne chair behind an even uglier mahogany desk, was his father. Yoongi was sure he was channeling some 80-year-old diva with a penchant towards lace and frills, but something was oddly 30's gangster at the same time.

     "Good god, the whole cliche gangsta vampire thing died down in the 1980s," Yoongi quipped. His father looked up from his papers, glaring at his son.

     "You're two days late," Yeolgwi pushed the papers away and stood, walking over to his son, looking him up and down, "You've lost weight."

     "I'm here, we should focus on that," Yoongi picked some food from his fangs with his tongue.

     "Your disrespect never ceases to amaze me." Yeolgwi turned to Seokjin, "Seokjin."

     Seokjin bowed his head.

     "Why did you summon me...father," His obvious mocking pronunciation of father earned him a slap across the face, several of the men snickered. Yoongi just turned his head back to face his father, unfazed.

     "I will not be treated with such contempt in my own home." Yeolgwi walked back over to his desk and sat down. Seokjin could feel the heat coming off of Yoongi, he was dangerously close to losing it. "There are coven matters to discuss."

     "So which offense have I committed this time?"

     "I also have a business proposition for Seokjin," Yeolgwi ignored Yoongi's attempt at making him angrier, "Which shall we commence with?"

     "What could you possibly need from Seokjin?" Yoongi interrupted.

     "A property acquisition," Yeolgwi smiled, "Since he is inheriting all of Cato's properties."

     "I'm sure that will be put to good use," Yoongi sat on the corner of the desk, thumbing through the papers sitting there.

     "What did I do to deserve such a miserable son?" Yeolgwi sat back, crossing his arms.

     "Guess you got lucky." Yoongi inspected his fingernails, bored, "How long is this going to take? I have important to do."

     "YOONGI," Yeolgwi stood, yelling at him, "Your bull is wearing on my patience."

     Yoongi stood facing him, "Good, the feeling is mutual." He clenched his jaw in anger, "Just say what the you want." 

     Yeolgwi slammed his fist on the desk, chipping off the corner of it, scaring several of his men. "If it were up to me, I'd have you strung up by your feet and hung in the field for the day."

     Yoongi stood there, unimpressed, "Your tactics don't scare me anymore."

     Yeolgwi stared at him for a good thirty seconds, wondering what the hell to do with his ungrateful son, "This is going nowhere."

     "At least we can agree on that."

     Yeolgwi turned to Seokjin, staring at him for a few moments, "Seokjin, I sense something different about you."

     Seokjin raised his brows, "Probably my cologne."

     Yeolgwi cackled, "These two."

     Sara came into the room carrying a cup of tea, her nervous shaking caused the teacup to make a clattering sound against the saucer. Yeolgwi looked at her as if she was interrupting the most important meeting in history.

     "Sorry sir, I forgot your tea."

     After she set it down, Yeolgwi smiled, he grabbed her and kissed her, squeezing her , "You're very lucky you're good in bed." He hissed and she bowed her head, embarrassed.

     Yoongi crinkled his nose, fuming. How dare he betray his mother's memory like this. Seokjin placed his hand on Yoongi's shoulder, reminding him to keep his cool.

     "Shall we have lunch in the dining hall then?" Yeolgwi slapped Sara's and sent her on her way.

     Yoongi sighed, "Can't we just skip the show-"

     "It's not every day my wayward son comes home to visit," Yeolgwi smiled, wrapping his arm around Yoongi and leading him from the room, Yoongi tried to maneuver out of his grip, but the more he resisted, the tighter his father held on.

 

     Harley was throwing punches at the practice mitts on Jungkook's hands, his half-hearted blocks made her realize his mind was elsewhere and she sensed that he wasn't much enjoying their little spar session... he was just too polite to say anything.

     "We don't have to do this," Harley stood up straight, tilting her head as if examining him.

     "Sorry, just have on my mind," Jungkook took off the mitts and snatched up his water bottle from the grass, taking a drink.

     "Seokjin?"

     "Yeah," He sat on the grass, rubbing his wrist. He sighed.

     "You don't like Yoongi very much, do you?" Harley grabbed her own water and sat down next to him.

     "I tolerate him," Jungkook chose his words carefully. He despised the bastard, but he was trying for Seokjin's sake not to make a big deal out of them hanging together.

     "He and Seokjin have a romantic history?"

     "Something like that." He furrowed his brow, "Subject change please." 

     "Sorry," Harley took a sip of water and looked over at the garden at Hoseok and Taehyung picking vegetables. Hoseok had said earlier in the kitchen, that he was going to pick the last of the zucchini and make up a batch of bread. Harley pictured weird green loaves of vegetable-shaped bread lingering about in the kitchen for weeks because who the hell would eat vegetable bread? "Aside from that weird he makes, Hoseok is a decent cook."

     Jungkook smirked, he couldn't deny it. On several occasions he had even become part of that cooking, two times Hoseok had used his blood in some concoction already and he suspected it wouldn't be the last.

     "Hoseok is single."

     Harley looked at him, flabbergasted, "Why would I need to know that?"

     Jungkook laughed, "Hoseok needs love, he works too hard."

     Harley stared at him, shaking her head, "No, I'm not interested in a relationship."

     "Probably smart."

     She noticed the scar over Jungkook's eye that ran down to his cheek, "What happened there?" She motioned to his face.

     "Branded by an alpha." Jungkook suddenly felt self-conscious, the scar was faint, but still noticeable, always just a shade paler than his natural skin color. He glanced back towards the garden and noticed Taehyung and Hoseok were headed in their direction.

     "When does Seokjin get back?" Hoseok asked.

     "Tonight sometime, I dunno," Jungkook replied, wondering, "Why?"

     Hoseok sat down next to Jungkook, "We're about ninety-eight percent convinced that the creature was under Cato's control."

     "So what does that mean?" Jungkook asked.

     "Well... the reason it didn't eat Seokjin and the reason it seemed to listen to his voice was because he has Cato's energy, therefore it thinks that Seokjin is Cato." Taehyung explained.

     "My father was hiding something in the tunnels, we were forbidden to go anywhere near it." Harley thought back, "Two of my brothers disappeared down there and Demetrius said that father explained they had defected, they were traitors. It made some of us question why were we going down there that night... of the attack."

     "No other mention of what it might be?" Hoseok asked.

     Harley shook her head, "We weren't allowed to ask questions. He had a lot of secrets, that's why I'm worried about going to his estate tomorrow."

     After meeting with the lawyer briefly a day ago, they had set up a day and time to tour Cato's estate, Harley had been on edge since hearing they would have to go to the place he lived with Misae. The rumors she had heard abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter