Healing

Always Unsuspecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

 

 

     The lab was abuzz with zombie talk. Yoongi had summoned Hoseok for a lesson on the undead as a way to pass the time until Seokjin woke up, that and he wanted to know what to expect with Taehyung... answering with a simple 'for science' when Hoseok grilled him on why he was so interested.

     Hoseok removed one of his brown contact lenses and showed Taehyung his pale, grey iris.

     "It's just part of it," Hoseok shrugged and put it back in, blinking to set it in place.

     "So why don't you decay?" Yoongi asked, leaning against the counter, arms crossed, deeply fascinated.

     "Well, we're not fully human, so it's not the same," Hoseok explained, "A human zombie would die within days unless they fed, which may prolong it a few weeks, a month if they're lucky. Humans succumb to the 'rot', their bodies can't handle the degeneration, whereas werewolves and other creatures have natural healing abilities."

      "So, really the likelihood of a zombie apocalypse is pretty slim?"

     "No supernatural creature in their right mind would do that to a human, it's really not in anyone's best interest for an outbreak," He looked at Taehyung, "But for us, it saves our lives. I can't say for how long because it depends on how often you feed."

     "Then he can die?" Yoongi asked, worried.

     "We're already dead," Hoseok pointed out, "It's more like withering away. I mean if he sat there for a year and didn't eat, he'd be done for."

    "Like vampires," Yoongi deduced.

     Hoseok nodded, "Everything dies eventually."

     "Some of your kind have lived for centuries-" Yoongi seemed impressed.

     "We're harder to kill." Hoseok grinned, "A second time that is."

     Taehyung cracked his knuckles. They both glared at him. "What?"

     "Probability of arms or legs just randomly falling off?" Yoongi grinned, but he was serious.

     "That's leprosy you're thinking of and it's a myth, lepers don't actually have limbs fall off," Hoseok informed him, "There are only a few problems I've really encountered and not even big ones, just minor annoyances."

     "Like what?" Taehyung asked.

     "Like the eyes and skin, though skin color does fluctuate depending on if you eat or not and what you eat...The worst part as far as I'm concerned is the craving, I can smell a human brain half a mile away.

      "That's kinda ed," Taehyung snorted.

     "Since they are the tastiest, my olfactories are finely attuned to them," Hoseok chuckled at Yoongi's appalled face. "Most of it is just trying to drone out the sound of blood flowing through the veins."  

     "I'm almost sorry I asked," Yoongi frowned.

     Taehyung glanced over at Jungkook asleep, spread eagle in the chair with his head leaning on the bed near Seokjin's arm. There was no way that his position was comfortable, but no one dared move him. The blood transfusion had gone well enough, Seokjin's skin was still extremely pasty, but at least the blackening of his veins disappeared, so that meant the poison was out of his system. It had been three days since the procedure and he still hadn't woken up, his only movement was an involuntary jolt when they removed the PICC line. Jungkook would not leave his side, not even when his mother came down to try to get him to go to dinner, she gave up asking because he refused to leave, so she just brought his meals down to him. Though, he just picked at his food, he was too worried to eat. Taehyung made him go take a shower the second day because he was stinking up the lab and felt it was unhealthy for Seokjin, but even then it was the quickest shower he had ever taken.

     "You should just get an extra bed for him, he's going to get a stiff neck," Yoongi pointed out and Taehyung nodded, "Poor kid."

     "The good thing is that Jacker still thinks he's managed to become immune to wolfsbane, so not likely he would resort to using it anymore." Taehyung sighed, "Wish this whole thing was over already."

     "Speaking of, I need to ask Namjoon if the council has any new information. You need me to bring you anything?" Yoongi asked.

     Taehyung shook his head, "No, I'm good."

     Yoongi nodded and walked out of the room. 

     "If he doesn't make it, I get dibs on his brains," Hoseok smirked.

     "You touch him and I'll kill you," Jungkook mumbled, lifting his head and taking in a deep breath, shooting Hoseok a dirty look.

     "Understood," Hoseok patted Taehyung on the shoulder, "Catch ya later."

     Hoseok walked out.

     "Tell me again why we put up with that guy?" Jungkook stretched, making a really weird sound.

     "He's the closest thing I have to understanding my uh... issue right now." Taehyung walked over to Seokjin, he reached for his wrist to check his pulse, when Seokjin squeezed his hand and pushed it away. Taehyung smiled, "Welcome back!"

     "Seokjin!" Jungkook stood up to get a better look at his face, the corner of Seokjin's mouth formed into a smile, his eyes were still closed.

     "My head hurts,"  Seokjin whispered, smacking his lips together like his mouth was dry.

     "You're lucky to be alive... what the hell is wrong with you?" Taehyung hit his arm, "You should be dead right now, but by some miracle, you managed to pull through."

     "You say that like you're disappointed," Seokjin smirked, he opened his eyes but everything was still a bit blurry, he blinked, the light was so bright, it was irritating. The second he managed to focus on Jungkook and his cute little face came into view, he forgot all about it.

     "I should kill you," Taehyung sighed, shaking his head. He walked over towards the door, "I'll give you two some alone time."

     Jungkook watched as Taehyung left the room and stared at the door for several seconds before looking back at Seokjin. 

     "You look like ," Seokjin shielded his eyes from the light.

     "You're an ," Jungkook climbed up on the bed and wrapped his arms around the elder, resting his head on Seokjin's chest.

     Seokjin put his arm around Jungkook, the younger's warm body felt nice on his cold skin, he felt like somehow he turned into an ice cube while he was 'sleeping'. Jungkook could feel him shivering and glanced up at him.

     "Do you need a blanket?" He asked, but Seokjin shook his head.

     "I just need you," He turned his body to Jungkook and pulled him closer.

     "Hold on," Jungkook reached down, slipped off his shoe, and then threw it at the light switch, turning off the overhead light so that the only lumination was from the cabinet light across the room. 

     "Thanks."

     "I swear to the holy demon goddess herself that if you ever do that again, I will let Taehyung kill you," Jungkook warned.

     "I almost checked out listening to Hoseok explain to Taehyung about which creatures have the tastiest brains," Seokjin commented and Jungkook snorted.

     "I blocked them out yesterday, so no clue," Jungkook smiled. 

    Seokjin took Jungkook's hand in his, clasping fingers, he sniffed Jungkook's hair, the younger smelled like heaven. He could be happy spending the rest of his life in this very moment. If only that were possible.

 

     Seokjin was up and outside training by the end of the day, Taehyung had suggested he take a few days to make sure he was fully healed and he responded with a "noted" and was out hitting the bag ten minutes later. 

     Jungkook had come out to join him, just standing and watching for a few minutes, not saying a word. Seokjin could feel Jungkook's displeasure contaminating the air.

    "Taehyung send you out to yell at me?" Seokjin didn't stop hitting the bag.

     "No. Well, he mentioned I should smack you, but I'm out here for purely selfish reasons." Jungkook picked up the set of MMA gloves laying in the grass. 

     "You think you can take me yet?" Seokjin smirked, adjusting his gloves.

     "Haven't I already?" Jungkook gave him the slyest of smiles. Seokjin smiled and turned away so that Jungkook didn't see him blush.

     "Kidding aside," Seokjin cleared his throat and turned back to Jungkook, "Show me what you've learned."

     "What do I get if I win?" Jungkook secured the velcro on the gloves and thumped his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter