Chapter Eight

ROMEO and CINDERELLA

 

CHAPTER EIGHT:
Love and Hate
 
 
 
 
 || A/N ||
I planned to write this fic with nothing but my POV, you know like I'm existing in the story just sitting at the corner while watching and eaves dropping on them haha but unfortunately I wanted to write the flashbacks from their POVs haha 
 
anyways what's with the long note? 
 
WARNING BOOOOORING and UNEDITED CHAPPIE AHEAD!!
 
----------------
 
JIYONG's POV
 
I remember the day when I first saw her, it was the  first day of the school year. I was already in fourth grade but I act nothing like that. I act like I'm someone who already pass my childhood days, my prepuberty stage, someone who leap from being a child into being an adult. I stepped out of the car, like I was heading into my own company. I walk like I was being watched by someone. And my face probably is the straightest face of all. As usual here I go again with my perfect facade, with my struggle to attain and maintain my perfect image. 
 
 
But who am I fooling? I look nothing like perfect, I look like a walking figure. A breathing and walking figure. A figure whose sole purpose is to do everything smoothly, to do it with nothing but perfection. Stupid isn't it, no matter what happened nothing in this world would be perfect.
 
 
But everyone around me thinks I'm perfect, relax they're just plain stupid.
 
 
I was stopped on my track when a familiar cute voice called me. 
 
 
' OPPA!! Jiyong oppa! ' 
 
 
I turned to where that tiny cute voice came, a smile emerged from my lips. ' Good morning Chaerin-ah, ' I greeted her as I patted her head. She looks cute as ever. ' Good morning oppa! I'm so excited for this school year! ' she happily chirped with a warm smile. ' Me too, ' I casually answer. 
 
 
' I heard there's a transferee this year... but, ' she trailed off as sadness packed with anxiousness surfaced in her cute face. ' What's the matter? ' I asked as I placed my hand on her shoulder. ' I'm worried about her, I heard she's not from a wealthy family... and you know how everyone treat someone like her here, ' she breathed out. I smiled heartly, its always like that she's caring and loving. She worries about the others.
 
 
' As long as you're not part of those who will treat her cruelly, you're already a great help. Don't involve you're self too much, neh Chaerin-ah? ' I said as I caressed her back. She then lifted her head and nodded enthusiastically. ' Neh oppa! ' 
 
 
Then without any particular reason my eyes hifted on the girl who was walking, heading to the school building. Silly as it may sound but I felt like time stopped. I was young that time and I felt something weird like that, silly right? Then I felt my heart thumpig so loud, its going mad and I even thought it would break my ribs, it will break my chest. 
 
 
I felt my cheeks heated up when I saw her look at me then she pulled a smile. That smile, how can a smile look so lovely and perfect. How can just one smile illuminate her, how can just one smile make her more beautiful. 
 
 
Yes, she's beautiful. She has a skin that can beat the crap out of Snow white. She has a brown eyes that will take you somewhere, where even Alice's wonderland is no match. She as a cute pink lips that all the prince charming in the world would race just to kiss.She has a long tied hair that I'm sure Rapunzel would envy.
 
 
Do I sound dreamy and quite fairtale-ish. I'm a child at that time for crying outloud, and I have read all the fairytale that's available. I may not look like it, plus the fact that I'm a boy, but I do read fairtales. But ofcourse even those tales can't knock my sense of reality.
 
 
' Oppa!? Are you okay!? ' Chaerin asked in panic as she shook me. ' Y-yeah I'm okay, ' I said still not looking at her and still following HER with my eyes. ' Are you sure?! You're all red and smiling weirdly! ' she exclaimed. ' Eh!? Do I smile weirdly?! ' I asked shifting my widen eyes at her while mentally panicking. She then burst into giggles. ' I'm just joking you even looked more handsome with your smile, ' she giggled while I roll my eyes. ' Don't scare me, ' I said half chuckling. 
 
 
...
 
 
When we head in the classroom, I saw her sitting at the end. She's just silent, staring blankly at the window. I suddenly felt the loud thumping of my heart. Not again. I was woke up from my tiny little realm when Chaerin pulled me to our seats. 
 
 
' Good morning class, ' our teacher greeted as she entered our classroom with a bright smile. We all stood up and greeted her, but not HER. She didn't stood up, she remained staring at the window. ' Ms. Park, ' our teacher called. SHE then shifted her gaze at our teacher. ' Ms. Park, I know you're having a hard time coping up, but sweetie you need to be polite, ' our teacher scolded her in a gentle way. Thank God.
 
 
She just stood up and blankly starred at our teacher as she earned every eyes in the classroom. ' I want you to kick me out ma'am, ' she stated, no, she commanded with straightface. I was not the only one shock with what she said we were literally shock beyond imagination with  her statement. 
 
 
I mean our school, SFA or St. Forseti Academy, is the most prestigious school in the whole country. In this school wealth and brains is prioritized and everyone were practically dying to enter our academy. And there she is asking to be kicked out. 
 
 
' Sandara Park right? ' our teacher asked. ' Don't call me Sandara, call me Dara, ' she replied again with a straightface, she even look and sound like she's commanding.  Her name is beautiful too just like her face. Sandara, such unique and beautiful name. It suits her since she's beautiful and unique too. 
 
 
' I can't do that sweetie, we need a big reason for that, ' our teacher tried explaining with a smile, trying to xcalm her self from all the shock. 
 
 
' Is this school not your taste poor girl? Well, you don't belong here either way. And I'm sure this school is itching to kick you out, ' Heechul stated loudly gaining laughs from our classmates, except from me who wanted to knock his head off and ofcourse except Chaerin. 
 
 
Everyone gasped in disbelief as we all found Heechul on the floor after receiving one strong punch from the beautiful and petite girl named Sandara Park. ' Is this enough, could I be kicked out now? ' she turned to our teacher as Heechul broke into bawls. I stared at her intently trying to figure her out, trying to know the reason why she wanted to get out of our school as soon as possible.
 
 
Then she was sent to the guidaance counselor's office and basically that was just a warning of the hurricane named Dara. After that incident she became a regular visitor of the guidance, prefect of discipline and even the principal. And slowly all her bullies vanished as she became the bully herself, guys started fearing her, girls started hating her and teachers were constantly disappointed at her. She was named the youngest school's headache, baddest and worsest student. 
 
 
But I know she was just doing those stuffs with one goal inside her head: To be kicked out. She desperately wanted to be kicked out of our school, for reasons even I is oblivious.
 
 
But then despite all of these... I can't understand why I still believe that she's kindhearted. That she's more than what we see. I can't understand why I still can't control my heart when I'm at one room with her. I still got these small electrcity when I stare at her. I would always have butterflies in my stomach when her eyes landed on me. 
 
 
I still feel the same from the first time I saw her. 
 
 
....
 
 
It was our recess and everyone went out to play in the field. And like the usual I'm with Chaerin and SHE is at the top of the tree reading or sleeping. And everytime she do that I was always on alert like my body can't relax knowing she could fall anytime. 
 
 
My eyes drifted to a noise on the other side of the field. Seems like they were bullied again. Who am I talking about? I'm talking about Dong Youngbae's group, his group is consists of four members including him. They were the sons of the four business dyanasty in the country, my family is member of that business dysnaty too. So basically we are the five richest kid in this entire school  which has  all the rich children in this country. 
 
 
But despite that fact his group would always get bullied. They're too nice, they would not tell the teachers nor their parents, they just let it pass. Seriously I'm getting tired of the same drama, I was really hoping that the time were they would get tired of being the victims would come but I guess they love being the victims, since I still can't see not even a weak attempt to fight back. 
 
 
I let go a sigh and stood up. I guess its time to help them, they're a family friend after all and most of all their parents are my parents business partners.
 
 
Just when I wanted to help, I became too late as I saw Sandara beat the crap out of the bullies. ' Get a life punks, ' she hissed with irritation. But then after helping them she gave them a strong slap on the face, even I cringe in the pain that never landed on my body. ' You should all learn to fight and to stop being too kind! ' she scolded them. They just bowed their heads down like they were being scolded by their own mom. ' Hurry up and follow me! I will teach you to fight!!! ' she shouted at them as they submit to her and followed her.
 
 
I didn't know that time that it was leading to the formation of the school's worst group called BIGBANG. I didn't know that I was witnessing how they become friends, all I know that time was the fact that she saved them and will teach them so they can defend themselves. 
 
 
...
 
 
' Oppa hurry!!! ' Chaerin shouted as she impatiently pulled me with her. She was excited to see who made it to the honor roll for the semester. ' Okay just be patient will yah, ' I chuckled but deep inside excited for her. She's been working so hard to retain her spot which is the second place. She's doing it for herself, and most of all she's doing it for it was her father's order. 
 
 
As much as she loves her father, I hate him. He's forcing Chaerin to do things she never wanted and would physically punish her once she failed him. Chaerin doesn't deserved to be treated like that, she's sweet, caring and loving. She's a daughter any dad in this world would ask for, but I guess her father is too blind to see that. He's too dumb to treat Chaerin like that.
 
 
When we reached the bulletin we quickly looked at the top. I saw my name on the top again, its not surprising at all. Then my eyes quickly darted on the second place. Upon reading the name listed as the secod honor my body stiffened as my eyes slowly drifted on Chaerin. Tears escaped quickly from Chaerin's eyes as she broke into sobs. 
 
 
She's not the second. Even though she worked hard, even though she study really hard, she wasn't able to become the second honor. ' Sandara Park, ' she read in a crappy and slowly becoming hoarse voice. She then slowly turned to me. ' Oppa... is my efforts not enough? Why? Why... ' she was cut in her sentence as she finally broke into a loud bawl. I quickly hugged her, trying my very best to calm her. This will not be easy for her, and I'm sure her father will be hysterical with this. 
 
 
' How can she become second? She's not even studying! She just sleep in class! She even skip periods! Why her? Why!! ' she shouted as she was desperately looking for answers. ' Chaerin ah calm down, I'm sure there's a reason, ' I said cooing her. ' A reason? ' she repeated. 
 
 
' She cheated. I'm sure she did, ' she finally said as she stared at me. A shiver run to my body as I looked at her eyes were hatred was surfacing. ' Chaerin ah, its not right to a--- ' I wasn't able to finish my sentence with her interferance. ' No! Are you taking her side?! She cheated!! she did!! ' she said like it was the only truth here on earth. I just sighed and and let my thoughts to myself that's the only thing I can do for her. 
 
 
But then as days passed with her suffering from both physical and emotional abuse coming all from her bastard father, her hatred for Dara keeps on escalating. She keeps on pouring every blame she has to her and I can't do anything about it but to stand next to her. And with Dara keep on beating her to anything, honor roll, quiz bees, sports and everything Chaerin's good at, it doesn't help at all and just deepened her hatred towards her. And the fact that she do it easily added to it. 
 
 
Slowly as the days passed I lose the cheerful Chaerin I knew. She changed drastically as days passed and without noticing it, I'm starting to blame Dara, I'm starting to hate her. I started to hate her not only for Chaerin but for myself as well. I hate how she could act all bossy, how she can do anything she wanted. How she can enter in the honor roll without pulling any efforts. I hate how genius she is... most of all I hate how she can look all innocent and fragile all the time.
 
 
[ year passed... (5th grade) ]
 
 
Then,I hated her more when Chaerin's health started to fall. I put all the blame to her without her knowing, instead of blaming Chaerin's good for nothing father. 
 
 
' Oppa, ' Chaerin called out as I squeezed her hand and pull a weak smile for her as I stared at her who's lying in the hospital bed. She requested for a privacy from her mother, she's leaving for France and she wanted to talk to me. Her mother finally filed divorce with her dad and they will be starting new at France. As much as I wanted her to stay, I can't be selfish. She need to start new, she needed to go back to phase one, to erase all the hatred in her heart, to drown all the sufferings. 
 
 
' Are you feeling okay now? ' I asked her as I caressed her hair. She nodded with a warm smile. I can almost feel the sting in the corners of my eyes. I felt like I never saw her warm smile for ages. ' Welcome back Chaerin ah, ' I whispered inside my head as I smiled at her. 
 
 
' You like, err, love her right oppa? ' she suddenly asked. I don't even need to ask her who's the 'her' she's referring but I just kept my silence. I was also thinking to myself. Do I like her? Do I love her? I'm just a child for crying outloud! I'm just 10 and I don't think I know what like and love means aside from those meanings given in dictionary. Does love has a right age?
 
 
' Come on oppa be honest, ' she giggled. ' From the day you first saw her you just fell for her, ' she added again with a giggle. ' Chaerin ah, stop talking like you're some teenager we're only nine when we met her and to remind you young lady we're only ten, ' I chuckled trying to hide my emotions and confusion. ' Oppa love doesn't have right age, once there's a spark then its love! ' she proudly grinned. But what she said just confused me more. ' Aish! Don't worry you'll understand it more in the future! ' she said while scratching her head. 
 
 
I ruffled her hair then started laughing. ' Stop acting like an adult will yah, ' I said chuckling as she chuckled along with me. 
 
 
' But you hate her right? ' I suddenly asked as the laughters from slowly died. Then there were silence. I just smiled I guess it will take her time to heal. 
 
 
' I don't hate her... I never did, no matter what I do I can't hate her, she must have some magical shield, ' she said as she giggled. Huh was the only thing I was able to say to her. She just started laughing once more. ' I don't hate her, I envy her, her freedom... I envy how open she is in her feelings, I envy how she don't need to pretend, I envy her for being open and for being able to chase whatever dreams she has... ' 
 
 
I just darted my eyes on her hands as I played with it.
 
 
It was the same with what I'm feeling...
 
 
I envy her, I envy everything about her....
 
 
....
 
 
I was standing in the huge airport, she just bid her good bye and I already felt the overwhelming loneliness and longing, though I was still watching her as she slowly disappear before my eyes. I love Chaerin, she's a sister to me. I always wanted to make her happy and to protect her, I wanted to be a good brother that she will be proud of as time pass by, but her leaving for France will definitely steal that chance. 
 
 
I hate her father for her sufferings, I hate Dara for drowning her to herself, to frustration, for driving her to the edge. I know Dara has nothing to do with all these crazy stuffs. But I needed someone to blame. I needed someone to hate.
 
 
I needed someone to hate and blame for making Chaerin go to France, for giving a great distance between us. 
 
 
It just happened that she's the one I blame.
 
 
I just shrugged my shoulder as I turned my back and started walking away. 
 
 
...
 
 
Days passed and my hatred for Dara just keep on escalating. I'm starting to hate her presence, her idiotic action and her loudness. I hate everything about her, her petty fights, her weird fashion sense and her boyish actions. I hate how she and her group which is called Bigbang, for some unknown reasons started to rule everyone. Bigbang slowly become famous for being deliquents, everyone started fearing them and would you believe they're just nothing but fifth graders.
 
 
But without noticing it the more I hate her, the more I blame her, the more I keep looking at her. The more I become obsessed about her unconsciously. 
 
 
Then as days become weeks, as weeks become months and as months become years. I slowly understand that I never felt hatred for her, in fact what I felt is complete opposite of hatred. I didn't know that I love her not until I started feeling pain, not until I completely fell deeply for her. I was attracted to her and it still confuse me how I survive all these years just watching and loving her from afar, while I keep on replaying the memories of that day inside my head. 
 
 
END of POV
 
 
 
A smile emerged from his lips as he pull Dara to himself, holding her possesively, longingly. He had dream of this situation lot of times, he had always prayed for the day in which he can hold her and call her his to come. And he can't believe he is already living in the days he only dreamt about. He then landed a small kiss on her forehead.
 
 
' But oppa do you know what I envy her the most? ' Chaerin asked with a half hearted smile as she gazed straight into his eyes. ' What? ' he asked with a good amount of curiosity. 
 
 
' She was able to steal your heart just by making you know that she exists, ' she smiled brightly at him which made him turned all red. ' Like always, with no efforts she was able to knock you off your feet while I was working real hard for you to look at me the way you keep on looking at her, ' she chuckled with a tinge of bitterness. ' Chaerin ah, ' he whispered as he squeezed her hands.
 
 
' No hard feelings oppa! I'm fine beside like what you said we're still ten I can find someone who's alot better than you! ' she said while cringing her nose which made him laugh. ' I know you can, ' he smiled at her. ' Yup so never underestimate me! ' she laughed as he laughed together with her.
 
 
A small chuckle came out of his lips upon reminiscing all the memories of his childhood. He then pull her more closer to him, feeling her warmth. He then placed a small peck on her lips. 
 
 
Now that I can call you mine... I'll never let you go, this is my revenge...
 
 
I love you Sandara Park.
 
 
 
------------------
 
A/n:
 
Hello y readers! Hello beautiful readers! HELLO!
First sorry for the boring chappie haha!! Its all about the past!! And if you're wondering about the DAY well you have to watch out for that. 
 
 
Silly Mighty G with his love-hate feelings! haha :]]
So were back to the usual teasing next chappie? haha 
 
 
Thanks for the love, comments and for subscribing!!
Keep the inspiration coming or else I'll get lazy haha [ I'm being demanding LOL ]
 
Please if you have a minute to spare visit this:
MBIE07's HEART LIBRARY!
 
 
Love, love and love!
See yah!
Mbie's Out! 
P E A C E !!