Chapter Twenty-eight

ROMEO and CINDERELLA

 

CHAPTER Twenty-Eight:
Falling apart
 
 
 
8:50
 
' Chaerin, that's not a good joke, ' Jiyong said under his breath without looking at CL. ' I'm not joking, ' CL retorted with the same amount of coldness. ' We're going to get married oppa, ' CL added as she shrugged her shoulder. Jiyong's jaw clenched tightly as his grip to the wheel tightened. The heavy pouring rain, the loud beeping sound from the cars everywhere, CL's not really funny revealation. It were all climbing to his head making him insane. He shut his eyes tightly. He doesn't need to think too much, she's waiting. He knows it, he can feel it. She's waiting in the rain. She's waiting like before. 
 
 
He snapped his eyes open. ' Drive yourself home, ' he said coldly as he opened the door of his car and started running to the park's direction after slamming the door behind leaving CL doumbfounded inside his car. A bitter smile crept at the lady's lips upon knowing that he do love HER. He loves her alot. She heaved a sigh as she transfered to the driver seat. If she got caught for driving without license she's so gonna blame him. 
 
 
9:00
 
Jiyong was still running to reach the park not minding whether he's already dripping wet because of the heavy rain. He was running for minutes yet it seems like it's taking him to nowhere. It seems like the park is far from his reach. He felt hopeless but all he can do is to keep running while praying that she would be there waiting, that he could celebrate the first seconds his birthday with her.
 
 
9:13
 
He was finally able to reach the park, the place where they were set to meet only to find it empty, cold and sad. The rain is still pouring heavily as he walked towards the bench, their meeting place, his heart sunk as emptiness welcome him. No one's there, she's not there. His eyes darted on the red paperbag that was now soaking wet because of the rain. He sat down on the bench head low as he picked up the paperbag. He opened it only to see a black beautifully designed beanie. His heart constricted as it pounded crazily. He found a note inside. He carefully opened it afraid that in one wrong move he will not be able to read it anymore. 
 
His breath seemingly left his body. He began trembling as his eyes landed on every letter written on the note. It may not be the words he's searching for ages, but it's enough to make him happy. It's enough to make his tears fell from his eyes. 
 
        
 
Knowing Dara, knowing how much she don't care about him he didn't expect that she would even know his birthday. And most of all he didn't expect that she will even prepare a gift for him. His eyes landed on the beanie, it was unique and stylish. A bitter smile crept to his lips knowing that Dara is the one who designed it.
 
 
Grabbing the paper bag he didn't waste any seconds as he began running hoping that he will still catch her. That she might still be around. He didn't waste any seconds he quickly ran to her place. 
 
 
...
 
 
After a while he was able to reach her place. He quickly knock on the door praying that she will be the one to open it. ' Oh my gosh Jiyong, go inside you will get sick! ' Mrs. Park worriedly exclaimed upon seeing Jiyong who was now pale, trembling and soaking wet. Jiyong bowed down as he enter their house. Mrs. Park rushed to get him some towel, clothes and something hot to drink. 
 
 
After changing his clothes he sat down on their sofa and roam his eyes. Dara's definitely not in the house. ' Uhm, Mom, where's Dara? ' he asked as the lady placed the hot cup of choco on the table. ' Well, I thought you two will be together, that what's she said before she left, ' Mrs. Park answered with a shrugged. Jiyong heaved a sigh preparing to tell the whole story when Mrs. Park's phone suddenly rang. The lady politely excuse herself before she answered the phone. J
 
 
' Mom, I won't be home today, ' Dara's weak voice greeted the lady. ' Okay, where are you? ' Mrs. Park asked. ' I'm at Tabi's house. And please if Jiyong went there... please don't tell hime where I am, ' Dara answered making Mrs. Park glance at Jiyong who was staring at him across the room, knowing that she's talking to her daughter. ' I'll explain everything later. Goodnight mom, I love you, ' Dara said as her mom nodded as if she will be seen by her. ' Goodnight then, I love you more, ' Mrs. Park said before hanging up the phone. She heave a sigh as she shifted to face Jiyong once more. 
 
 
' Jiyongie dear, Dara's fine so don't worry about her, ' she smiled weakly at the lad who just gave him a nod. ' She doesn't want you to know where she is. You two probably got into some conflicts but I know you two will get through, just give her some time okay? ' Mrs Park smiled as she stood up to give her son a warm comforting hug. ' Jiyong kept his voice, he just nodded to her words. But he do pray in his mind that this will not trigger everything to fall apart. He was praying, praying hard.
 
 
...
 
 
' Welcome home young master, lady chaerin and your parents are waiting for you, ' their butler welcomed him as he entered their mansion. ' It's already past eleven why are they still up, ' he asked nonchalantly.  ' They're waiting for you, ' the butler answered. ' Wow, I can't hardly believe it. Mom and Dad waiting? Is the world gonna blow up now? ' he said with words dripping with sarcasm and hidden pain. He then paced to see them. 
 
 
He bowed down at his parents as he quickly took the seat beside Chaerin. ' Well, Jiyong happy birthday dear, ' his mom greeted him with a smile. ' It's not yet my birthday, ' he spatted bitterly. As far as he knew this will be the first time they're here for his birthday. Mrs. Kwon was taken aback with his words. Jiyong never really answered them like that before, he was polite or would just chose to keep his words on his own. She then glance at Mr. Kwon who just shrugged. 
 
 
' Dear, since Chaerin is already here we will like to talk about--- ' Mr. Kwon wasn't able to finish his sentence when Jiyong interupted him. ' Marriage? Cut the bull will you. I will not marry Chaerin. If that's what you're here for then it's wise to not waste your time cause I will definitely not marry her. All my life you have been absent and to tell you frankly since I think you don't remember this is the first time you will celebrate my birthday with me. You never cared to everything that is happening to me, so don't ever think that I will just let you appear here telling me to marry Chaerin, ' Jiyong snapped. Today, he was supposedly happy, he was supposedly celbrating his birthday with Dara. But everything just slip of his grasp, and it's making him insane. 
 
 
Mr and Mrs Kwon wasn't able to utter a word and so does Chaerin. The atmosphere dropped and there was an unbearable silence between them. ' Jiyong son, ' Mrs. Kwon choked as she held her tears. Jiyong just heaved a sigh before standing up and leaving them behind. There were minutes of silence before Chaerin stood up, bowed down politely and followed Jiyong.
 
 
' Oppa! ' Chaerin exclaimed as she grabbed Jiyong's wrist making him stopped to turn at her with creased forehead. ' I have always known that you don't love me the way you love her, but is it really necessary to rub it on my face? ' Chaerin bitterly asked making Jiyong stun. ' I-i'm sorry. I'm just having a bad day, ' he said as he massage his head. ' Oppa, when you talk back there about our marriage it was as if you don't know me, as if I'm someone who was just randomly chosen to be your wife. Oppa, I'm Lee Chaerin, I'm your bestfriend for crying out loud! ' CL snapped making Jiyong hang his head low. 
 
 
' I just don't understand you, you were all supportive for me and Dara then all of a sudden, out of the blue you wanted us to get married. I can't understand a thing about that, and more than anyone else your the one who knew how much I love Dara, ' Jiyong said weakly as his eyes met hers. Chaerin shifte her gaze away, afraid that he will be able to read everything on her mind through her eyes. ' I just realized how much I love you more than a friend. Selfish as it may sound, but I could careless I just love you too much, ' she said weakly. Jiyong cupped her face and make her look at his eyes. 
 
 
' Since when did you start lying Chaerin? You're not very good at it, ' Jiyong said making CL widen her eyes in shock as she took a step backward. ' I-i'm not lying oppa, ' Chaerin  said trying to laugh things off. ' Fine, I will not talk or interfer with this marriage thing, do what you want. I will just wait for you to finally speak the truth out, ' Jiyong said as he turned around and began pacing to his room, leaving CL behind.
 
 
...
 
 
Dara gently removed her helmet and handed it to TOP. ' Whoah, what's going on here? ' Youngbae asked as they dashed towards their friends. ' What? ' TOP asked which made him roll his eyes. ' We always come to school together before Kwon came, ' TOP said nonchalantly. ' Noona, did you and hyung broke up? ' Seung Ri worriedly asked. ' Seung Ri, how would we break up if we're not together in the first place, ' Dara said flatly. The boys and Bom just stole glance at each other. ' Aigoo Ssantokki, there is a thing between you two okay? ' Bom said making the other's nod in agreement except TOP. ' A thing? Cut the bull, ' TOP spatted out bitterly earning Dara's death glare. 
 
 
They were all snatch from their conversation when they saw a familiar car parked. They will steal glance at the car then back to Dara, waiting for her reaction. But she remained straight faced. Jiyong stepped out of the car, as Dara's eyes widen and her heart seemed to fall off her chest. He was wearing the beanie that she designed for him. Every questions in her mind that she prepared to ask, every rant that she composed just all vanished in her mind. Nothing is clear and the only thing she can hear is her heart pounding crazily in her chest, and the only thing she can see is him jogging his way to her. 
 
 
She snapped back to reality when she felt her body being hugged by him tightly. She shut her eyes and felt his warmth. This is enough for her, this is more than enough.
 
----------------------------- :]]
 
Troll mode kekeke
Exams and documentaries are killing me :( sorry guys if this is short, boring and unedited :(
Mianhe!!!
 
A comment won't hurt!
Thank you for Subscribing, commenting and clicking
 
This is for browneyesmouse04
Thank you for the tumblr review! :)) Thank you for promoting my story haha :)
This is also for myjoyce1986Majo401 and to everyone
Thank you for your endless comments and praises, thank you for your support as well :)
And this for all my lovely readers
thank you for bearing with a lazy writer like me haha 
 
that's all
Mbie07's out
P E A C E !!