Chapter Twenty

ROMEO and CINDERELLA

 

CHAPTER TWENTY:

The shelf

 

' WHAT!?! ' the Bigbang voiced boomed all over the classroom that their classmates all flinched. ' You heard me right I volunteered all of us to help in the preparation of the cultural fest, they need six people and I told them we're available!! ' Bom happily chirped as all her friends groaned in frustration. ' We know you wanted to see Jiyong but why do you have to drag us to your plan! ' Youngbae exhaled frustratedly. ' Well its because we're friends! ' Bom answered while pulling her aegyo which just made her friends slammed their head on their desk. ' Please guys!! Its for the sake of my lovelife!! ' she pleaded.

 

 

Ummm, Bom-unnie that's exactly why they don't want to help you because the lovelife you're referring to will just remain nothing but a fantasy.

 

 

' Do we have any choice? ' Dara breathed weakly. ' Well actually you don't have any choice at all, ' Bom smiled at them which made them let out  a groan.

 

 

...

 

 

After almost half hour of talking and convincing, Bigbang and Bom was now standing in the field while wearing their working clothes, which is their PE uniform in other words. They were all looking so frustrated and obviously just forced except for the mastermind who goes by the name Park Bom. ' W-well you're f-free to go if you don't want to work, ' the geeky and small bodied student council president said while stuttering as he pushed his glassed upward. ' Rea--- ' before Seung Ri was able to finish what he was about to say he was cutted by Bom and Jiyong.

 

' No, we will help! '

 

' No, they will help! '

 

 

Great, just great. The Bigbang just rolled their eyes and breathed in frustration as they were all forced to nod. ' Okay then you'll be all assign in painting the stage background, the welcome sign... and err, ' the skinny and not to mention geeky student council president trailed off as he swallow the unknown lump in his throat  while fixing his nearly faling glasses. He flinched upon seeing the faces of Bigbang, their jaw are literally dropping in disbelief as they heard the student council president. They were glaring at him like they were peeling him slowly and painfully. Dara was the only one who was seemingly please with what she heard.

 

 

Ever since they're fourth grade everyone in their overly huge school knew how proud she is about her dreams. She always blabbed about how she will be a famous fashion designer and the world's most renowned painter. And that would explain her weird fashion statement, and its not really because she's quite of a rebel. She likes, no scratch that, she loves working with art. She loves sketching, designing, painting and basically she loves art. I'm being redundant aren't I? hehe.

 

 

' I know you'll love this, ' Bom whispered at her with a wink. She just smile sheepishly as she nodded. ' A-and you'll also be assign with all the signs that needed to be painted, plus please do help us with the other preparations, ' the SC president continued hesitantly, afraid he might lose his school the seconds he blurted one wrong word. ' Don't worry Kwon-sshi will be with you, ' he forcely chuckled wanting to pacify the dark faced individuals that are threatening of bringing hell right there, right now. Upon hearing the last word of the SC president Dara's forehead fell into  a crease as she grimaced and throw her death glare at Jiyong who's just grinning at her victoriously with an occassional wink, you know he must avoid Bom unnie seeing him do that. Swear Goddess D is itching to boil that stupid looking smilling jerk at her. While Bom, well you know Bom she's happy and still in the cloud nine just by thinking she will spent the whole day with he's prince charming.

 

 

Aigooo, Bom-unnie please wake up before your heart broke apart!

 

 

So after the SC president left they quickly went to the storage room where the cans of paint is waiting for them. The boys grumpily grabbed one paint and brush as the went to stomp to the stage as if they were having they're tantrums. ' Come on guys, this is not as bad as you think, ' Bom happily chipped in as they all glare at her killing and torturing her inside their evil minds. ' Okay, if you don't want to help. You're free to go, ' Dara said sounding not caring whether they'll help or not. She just grabbed a can of paint and brush as she pace to the stage. ' The paint will sob if you use it half-heartedly, ' she added with a smile before completely proceeding to their work area. Jiyong just smile heartly as he trailed behind his girlfriend. Bom just smiled at them knowing they won't be able to resist Dara.

 

 

The boys just heave a sigh as a smile emerged in their lips. ' Never mess up with an artist, ' Youngbae chuckled. ' She's cool, ' TOP added. ' Whatever, let's just join them, ' Seung Ri suggested with a grin plastered in his face. ' I wanna feel to be an artist today, ' Daesung chuckled as they all happily paced to where Dara is.

 

 

They all began their work with occassional teasing and mocking. ' Yah! be serious!! ' Dara shouted at her laughing friends, But TOP ignored her shout as he playfully wiped a pain on the tip of her nose. Dara then drop her brush with a frown that quickly change into an evil smirk as she dipped her brush to the paint and began chasing them.

 

 

Great. Just great. I just hope that they'll be able to finish their work. They quickly earned everyone's eyes. They were laughing and chasing each others as they play with the paint. They look like children and I know even you will even their closeness, their laughters and their happiness.

 

 

' Refreshing isn't it? ' The school director said with a smile as he miraculously popped behind Mr. Jang, the bald [thanks to BIGBANG] prefect of disciplined, who was hiding behind a huge tree while watching his troublesome students play. He was startled at first, shocked at the sudden appearance of their School Director, who was smiling at him like him popping out of nowhere is the most normal thing in the world. Mr. Jang exhaled deeply as he bowed down in respect to the school director. Mr. Jang then shifted his eyes back on the students who never fails to boil his blood everyday, to the students he ought to thank that his life is decreasing in half every school day with them. If he die one day, out of nowhere, there's no other persons to blame but those students who were happily playing with the paint.

 

 

A genuine smile formed in his lips as his eyes marvel on how happy and innocent looking his students are, if only they're really like that. He loves them, and he always pray for them for their happiness. Behind those scoldings, long lectures, frowning and shouting, deep in his heart he cares and adore them, he treat them like they are his own child. Perhaps he viewed them as his child because he wasn't given a chance to have one. Yeah, yeah, he is already 47 and still single and he's ready to mingle. Girl's line up. He let out a chuckle as his eyes darted on his most troublesome student who was on the lose chasing the laughing asses of her friends.

 

 

' Sandara Park. She's interesting neh? ' the school director laughed as Mr. Jang agreed with a laugh. ' I wonder if I'll witness something like this if ever I never made that deal with Jiyong? ' he asked in curiousity. ' I bet Bigbang will still be the bullied. This school would be at peace. In short life here will be boring, ' Mr. Jang smiled knowingly. ' Maybe. Imagine she was even able to break Jiyong's ice kingdom that alot of people are racing to do, ' the school director laughed heartly. ' I know right, she's powerful. And its almost scary how she can affect lives, ' Mr. Jang added. The school director just smiled as his eyes landed on Dara, as the memories flowed in his mind.

 

 

It was the annual Christmas celebration of the five renowed business dynasty. He was making his way to the crowd as his son was walking with him side by side. They would happily greet the guests with politeness. ' Dad, I'll just go to my friends. They're already waiting for me, ' his son said as he turned to him. ' Sure. Just remember you'll sit with me at our table, is that clear Youngbae? ' he asked. Youngbae just nodded with a smile. ' Of course, Dad, ' he stated as he quickly make his way to his friends. He just watch him disappear in his sight. He heaved a sigh, he was happy that he's son is more out going now, more energenetic. Although he's itching to ask the reason he would just galdly wait for him to tell him about it.

 

 

He inhaled deeply, thinking if he's doing enough to be a father and mother to him. Youngbae's mom died in an accident  when he was just 2. He was at lost that time and he don't know what to do, how to tell him, how to take care of him providing him the love of a mother and a father. And until now, he admit he can seem to do it right. Although Youngbae didn't complain he knew himself he's not spending a quality time with him. He's trying, he really is trying. But with all the business they have he can't seem to balance his attention well. That's the reason why he came up with the idea of giving him whatever he asks and need, if he ask for the heavens and the world he would do anything to give it to him.

 

 

He just shrugged his thoughts off as he proceed on greeting and having little conversations with the guests. Then he stumble across a boy, same age of his son. It  was the son of one of his best buddy, one of the business emperors like him. It was his favorite godchild, Kwon Jiyong. A bitter smile crept on his lips as he look at Jiyong who was suppose to be having fun, laughing and smiling, but there he is sitting reading a thick book, acting like an adult while continuosly glancing at the hall entrance with a longing eyes.

 

 

He knew to himself he's a bit of agood father. He's proud that he never miss a day without checking at his son, he would always never fail to great him 'Good morning' and 'Good night'.  He would always make sure that he spend his meals mostly with him. And he's glad that he never miss any special occassions with him.

 

 

Unlike Jiyong, who was seemed force to grow up, forced to mature and skipped his childhood just to understand the ambiguous reason of his parent's always absence. The poor boy was forced to attain perfection just to gain his parent's attention. He can't help not to be sad for him. While other child's are laughing and enjoying, he's like one of his business partners, all work and no play.

 

 

' How's my favorite godchild? ' he cheerfully approached wanting to pull this prince out of his ice kingdom, only to fail greatly. ' I'm good. Thank you and Merry Christmas uncle, ' Jiyong answered politely. Mr. Dong just shrugged upon feeling the shivers in his spine at the coldness of Jiyong's voice. He just sat beside him and caressed his back completely feeling the emptiness and loneliness leaking from the child.

 

 

Imagine, it was Christmas for crying out loud and yet even the shadows of his parents are nowhere to be found. Busy on who knows what, leaving Jiyong and his sister Dami as the representative of their family.

 

 

' Drop the formalities, my son! Have some fun its christmas for all we know! ' he chuckled. A weak smile was drawn in his lips. ' I'm okay uncle, you worry too much, ' Jiyong said knowingly. Mr. Dong just shrugged as he messed up the hair of the little gentleman beside him. ' Since its christmas anything you want? Just name it and I'll give it! ' he happily beamed whil wiggling his eyebrows making Jiyong chuckle a bit. ' Anything? ' Jiyong aske din confirmation. ' Aaah! When I say anything I mean A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G!! ' he howled with mix arrogance and frustration.

 

 

' Okay, ' Jiyong laughed a bit. ' Uncle, do you know Sandara Park? She's one of the student in our school, in your school, ' Jiyong stated as he focused on him. Mr. Dong was torn in thinking first before completely remebering the girl he was asking. ' Oh! Yeah, I know her she's an interesting student. Why Jiyongie? ' he asked as he wiggled his brows once more making the little boy flushed, making him laugh at the cuteness of him. ' But, ' he said as the his laughters died. ' Park, done so many violation and she already receive the maximum detention and suspension. We are actually thinking of kicking her out, ' he added.

 

 

' No!! Don't kick her out! You can't kick her out!! If you do that Youngbae will be mad at you uncle!! She's the reason for the change in Youngbae and his friends. Yeah they turned into troublemakers but I can see how happy they become... so you can't kick her out!! ' Jiyong burst which took him by surprise. He was dumfounded at first waiting for his words to completely sink to his brain. When he was finally able to snap from the state of shock a smile emerged in his lips.

 

 

                So it was Sandara Park to thank.

 

 

' Okay I'll think about it. But wait what does Sandara Park and your wish have to do with eac other? ' he asked as Jiyong blushed more. ' Uncle this may sound unfair. No, this is totally unfair but my wish is for you to promise to never ever kick nor suspend Sandara Park. You can just give her detention!! That's all I want to ask!! Promise I will never ever ask anything from you!! ' Jiyong said with equal determination and pleading. Mr. Dong can't help not to cuckle at the cuteness of the little boy. He was inlove in such young age, he can't help not to remember his first love. The boy suffered enough emotional abuse, it won't hurt to grant a tiny bitsy and quite unfair wish, isn't it?

 

 

' Okay then, ' he said with a grin. ' I promise not to kick nor suspend Sandara Park, ' he continued as Jiyong's face brightened up from so much happiness. ' Thank you uncle!! ' Jiyong exclaimed. ' Wait we need a contract for this so I have proof! ' Jiyong exclaimed as he quickly ran to grab a paper and a pen. Mr. Dong can't help not to laugh at him, he's a child and an adult in one body.

 

 

And yes folks, you just witness how the great troublemaker who goes by the name Sandara Park, was not suspended nor kicked out despite her countless violations. It was all thanks to the deal between Jiyong-oppa and Dad, err I mean Youngbae-oppa's dad, the owner and the school director of their prestigious school. See? That's how much Mighty G loves Goddess D, he did nothing but to protect her ever since they're young. Aww! How come Dara-unnie's so lucky??

 

 

' I know its quite the head ache. But please take care of those children. I'll leave Youngbae and his friends to you, ' Mr. Dong said as he tap Mr. Jang's shoulder. Mr. Jang just laughed as he bowed down at the school Director. ' No problem Director Dong, ' he smiled confidently. ' I already lost all my hair to them, there's no reason to back out anymore, ' he added as the school director laughed with him.

 

 

...

 

 

' Finally! ' Dara exclaimed as she wiped the sweat on her forehead using the back of her hands . She took steps backward as her eyes darted on one of her masterpiece. ' You're really the best noona!! ' Daesung happily said while clapping his hands which was followed by their friends. ' Yah! I'm so proud of you Ssantokki!! ' Bom exclaimed as she throw her arms around her.

 

 

They just finished painting the background of the stage with Dara as the lead. She maybe the loudest, worsest and baddest students alive but you'll definitely love her when you see how focus she can be. You will definitely see how much she is enjoying every little thing she's doing.

 

 

' You never fails to amaze me, ' Jiyong smiled at her which made her flush. In the past she would always think of him in painting wondering if she'll be able to move him. In every artwork she's doing, the only thing she has, she would always crave inside her heart a smile or even a one word comment coming from him. And she can't believe she's hearing him praise her.

 

 

I'll definitely be a painter...

 

 

A victorious grinned was plastered in her face as she glance at her artwork then shifted her eyes back to the man she have always love. He caught her staring at him, he smiled. ' You're wonderful, jagiya, ' he mouthed making her blush more as she make sure that her smile won't leak in her lips. She then started fanning herself.

 

 

' Omo! You're so red Ssantokki!! Do you have any fever?? ' Bom exclaimed worriedly as she placed her hand on Dara's forehead and neck.  ' Y-yah! y-yah! I'm not red!! ' Dara retaliated while stuttering and turning more red. ' Aigoo! Do you want me to bring you to the infirmary?! ' Bom asked worriedly. ' Y-yah! Stop exaggerating!! I-i'm just th-thirsty... I guess? ' she mumbled shyly. Aigoo, the badass Goddess D is having a very not her moment.

 

 

Bom's mouth formed an 'O' upon hearing her answer. ' Want me to buy you some drink? ' Bom asked. ' Is it alright? ' Dara asked hesitantly. ' Oh sure! Sure! I'll buy you with Jiyong Oppa!! ' she happily beamed making everyone roll their eyes.

 

 

A great bestfriend right? Just when you thought she was really caring for you only to know that she just want some moment with your BOYFRIEND in the end. Bom-unnie is the greatest bestfriend slash the most densest at all. And before I forgot please note the sarcasm.

 

 

' I still have lots more work to do here. I can't accompany you, ' Jiyong timidly said with a tinge of coldness. Bom's happy atmosphere dropped. Yesterday Jiyong was really caring and was willing to accompany her, listen to her, chat with her, then out of the blue he suddenly turn into an ice prince.

 

 

' Come on, let's by some drinks! ' TOP suddenly chipped in as he pull Bom's wrist dragging her with him, without giving her any chance to speak nor utter a single sylable. TOP's sudden action surprised the hell in them, well except the now the leaving Goddess D and Mighty G. They were totlly dumbfounded.

 

 

' Woah! What was that?! Don't tell me TOP hyung has some hots for Bom noona!? ' Seung Ri suddenly burst after snapping out from the shock he earned thanks to TOP. ' And I thought he loves Dara noona!!! ' Daesung freaked out. Youngbae just heaved a sigh as he roll his eyes. ' Believe me, this is part of his plan, ' Youngbae said knowingly in a tone close to being monotone. ' EhhHH!?! ' Seung Ri and Daesung exclaimed in unison. ' How did you know? ' Seung Ri asked.

 

 

' Just a hunch, ' Youngbae shrugged as he turned around and began pacing to where Dara and Jiyong was heading. Daesung and Seung Ri just glanced at each other before shrugging.

 

 

...

 

 

Dara was about picking another can of paint when she felt a familiar arm on her waist and as his chin rested on her shoulder. ' Kwon Jiyong let go before Park Bom see us, ' she sarcastically remarked. ' Let her, ' Jiyong answered earning a gasped from her. She tried wiggling to free herself from his arms but greatly failed.

 

 

' Aissh!! Are you out of your mind moron!? ' Dara exhaled disbelievingly. Jiyong just rolled his eyes as he slowly pull himself away from her and turned her around facing him. He then leaned forward and touched his lips with her as he began kissing her sweetly, slowly and gently. ' I'm just joking, besides I told you I'll wait right? ' Jiyong breathed between their intensifying kiss. Dara quickly hung her arms around his neck as she pull him closer to her deepening their kiss.

 

 

' Why are you being cold to Bom? ' Dara gasped in between their kiss. Jiyong smirked as he cupped her face heightening their kiss more, tasting her more. ' Why do you want me to treat her the way I treat you... ' he whispered huskily in her ears as he burried her face in her neck. ' No... but... ' Dara mumbled eyes still closed feeling the burning sensation he's creating with those tiny kisses he's leaving in her skin.

 

 

Gah!! These two!!

 

 

Jiyong just pull himself away as he landed his last peck on her lips. He just leaned his forehead on hers. ' Baby girl, listen if I treat her the same I treat her yesterday don't you think it will just heighten her hope? She will be hurt more, ' he explained with a weak smile. Dara just pouted upon hearing him, he has a point. A ver good point in fact. Jiyong just kissed her cute pouting lips.

 

 

' Then why do you have to be so good looking, ' Dara unconsciously mumbled. ' I'm already dealing with tons of fan girls now this? ' Dara grimaced and uttered unconsciously. Jiyong chuckled which finally caught her attention and knowck her out of her thinking reverie which she is unconsciously saying, LOUDLY.

 

 

She turned beet red as she pull herself away from him, feeling all the kind of embarassment showering her. ' Jagiya, I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems dealing with fan boys, ' he chuckled as he pull her into an embrace. ' Don't worry I trust you, I know you'll figure something out, ' Jiyong whispered.

 

 

' Uggh, get a room, ' Youngbae smirked as he bent and get a can of paint. Dara quickly pull herself away from Jiyong and faced Youngbae with a totally red face which made Youngbae pinched her cheek lightly. ' S-shut up Bae! ' she exclaimed stuttering. ' You're getting cuter everyday! ' Youngbae said laughing which made Dara flush more while mentally killing the laughing bastard in front of her. ' I'll go first before your boyfriend kill me with his glare, ' he said mockingly as he paced out of the storage room.

 

 

...

 

 

Bom was walking behind Dara carrying the same amount of piled newspaper. She was swerving and was silently complaining on how heavy can a newspaper pile can be. She swear her arm is about to fall because of it. ' Bommie want me to carry that for you? ' Dara stopped as she turned around to her. Bom just fake a smile and shook her head nervously. ' No I'm fine! I can do it!! ' she happily beam. ' You seemed struggling, ' Dara timidly said as she just shrugged her shoulders and turned around as she continued walking.

 

 

Aigooo! How come Ssantokki is not struggling with these!! My arms are way bigger than her yet she's carrying these pile like nothing!! Is she training?? Well she's good in fighting... Probably?

 

 

Aissh!! This pile is sure heavy!!

 

 

While she was mentally ranting about the pile of the newspaper, she wasn't able to see Jiyong who was approaching them. She smiled upon seeing her prince charming. But that smiled died down in just seconds as she saw him pass her and proceed to Dara. ' Let me carry that, ' Jiyong said with a smile. ' No thanks jerk, just go help Bommie she needs it more, ' Dara hissed at him. Bom frowned upon hearing her bestfriend's answer but was thankful inside, well atleast she helping in her love life.

 

 

But then Jiyong snatch the pile of newspaper in her arms then proceed walking that turned into a dash as an angry Dara was chasing him while shouting how hateful, stupid and a lot more of opposite words that describe Jiyong. Bom just frown, as she heaved a sigh. Today, her prince charming completely turned into an ice prince. Worst, he's giving her a really cold treatment that she don't need to go to Alaska to feel the coldness.

 

 

Then  she was shock beyond imagination when the pile of newspaper she was carrying was snatched away by the last man she think will do that. It was snatch by the first person who give her a cold shoulders eversince they were young. It was Choi Seunghyun, or more known as TOP. ' Don't mind him fairytale freak, he's always like that he's bipolar, ' TOP said with an expression she can't decipher, but she's sure its close to being straight face. ' Thank you, ' she shyly mumbled while eyeing on the ground. She's so sure and she can bet her ceramic unicorn collection she's red than a tomato. However when she lift her head to see him, hang literally and was immediately replaced by a frown when she see him already walking away from him.

 

 

Hmmm! Jerk! He was blabbing about Oppa being bipolar when he is himself is a bipolar!! Stupid! And I thought he's finally warming up after years! He just shattered my hope!

 

 

...

 

 

' You know what this is totally unfair! Imagine he asked us to get things at the old school storage room! Is he blind can't he see we're girls!! ' Bom ranted as she and Dara was walking at the old storage room to get the things that the student council president kindly asked them for. ' Bommie, he's just asking for us to bring the fabrics that will be needed, its not heavy. If you want I'll be the one carrying everything, ' Dara giggled as threw her death glare at her. Then she sigh, hold your horses, she's just recharging. And on cue there she go again ranting endlessly about the SC president. Aigoo this girl really. And for the record it was her idea that they should help at the preparation but here she is complaining her life out. Dara can only shook her head as smile emerged in her lips.

 

 

' Wow, when I heard the words old storage room, I kinda expected it to be old but not this old! Is this place even safe? ' Bom said as she carefully stepped inside the storage room while wandering her eyes all over the totally run down storage room. ' Try punching the wall this place might fall to pieces, ' she beamed at Dara who just laughed at her silly joke. ' Let me try, give me a second, ' Dara said as she showed her stance. ' Yah! I'm just kidding! This place will totally fall with your strong punch! ' Bom exclaimed while hugging her, stopping her doing a thing that might cause their early death.

 

 

' Okay, okay. Let's just find those fabrics, ' Dara chuckled as they both started looking for it. For a storage room it was really huge and was 3x larger than Dara's small room, not to mantion it was really dark and the dim light is not really a help, plus the place is covered with irritationg dust. ' Aishh! Though this is old they totally need to clean this! ' Bom complained between her sneezes which made Dara laugh in agreement.

 

 

' Who left this open? Aisshh these students really, ' the janitor  clicked his tongue as he closed the door of the school's old storage room. He then picked the padlock in his pocket, and lock it as he walked away while whistling.

 

 

Bom turned her head as she heard a loud thud. ' Dara somebody closed the door, ' she turned to Dara nervously. ' Here we go with your imagination again. Relax Bommie I'm sure when we go back to the door its still wide open! Besidesw that loud thud was created by me, I knocked something from this shelf, ' Dara said while rolling her eyes. She just shook her head at her friend's wild and wide imagination. ' Dara, I think someone really closed the door! ' Bom exclaimed about to broke into hysteria. Dara heaved a sigh, rolling her eyes once more. ' Fine let's check it before you have seizures, ' Dara grinned mockingly at her.

 

 

Then something moving passed in front of Bom causing her to shout. She quickly took a stepped backwards as her back leaned on something hard. ' Bommie! ' Dara shouted as she pushed Bom that knocked her on the ground. A loud noise echoed all over the storage room. Bom was shock and wasn't able to move as her widen eyes was looking at her bestfriends who was lying unconscious on the floor with a huge shelf pressing her on the cold floor. She was so shock that her body went numb.

 

 

Then a sticky red liquid crawled from Dara's head down her white face, Bom quickly snapped from her reverie. ' Oh gosh!! Dara!! Dara you're bleeding! Oh gosh! ' she shouted as she stood up rushed to her and tried lifting the shelf, she doesn't know if she's out of strenght or is the shelf totally heavy cause she can only lift it inches up. She can't lift it, her efforts are totally useless. She just rushed to the door but as she guessed a while ago it was closed, not only that she can't open it. It was ing lock and she need to hurry up. Dara, her bestfriend, needs help.

 

 

' HELP! HELP US PLEASE!! DARA! DARA NEEDS HELP!!! '

 

 

Her voice was cracking, tears are now flowing from her eyes. He breathing started feeling heavy but she needs to stay firm. With her gathered strength she shouted for help once more this is not a time for crying. Dara needs help.

 

 

' HELP US!! PLEASE HELP US!!! '

 

 

--------------- :]]

 

oh no what will happen now? Click the next button my loyal reader :]