Chapter Fifty

ROMEO and CINDERELLA

chapter fifty | regained

 

No one was saying anything. The silence was too heavy, the atmosphere was too suffocating. Each of them felt like they were standing on the thin line between the truth and the lie. Each word that was said ringed in their mind, echoing all over.

 

Dara was sitting on Jiyong's lap, head leaning against his shoulder. She asked time from them to process what was happening, what was just said. She wasn't the only one in the state of great disbelief. Everyone was.

 

"I am not going with them,"she finally spoke with heavy breathing. Everyone looked at her, thorn between happiness and sadness at her statement. Then a second pass and she broke into loud bitter cries that pricked millions of needles in the heart of everyone. Jiyong hugged her tightly, moving his hand up and down against her back. Dara held him tightly like she was slowly falling to pieces if she will let him go.

 

The Yangs left to give her a time with her family and to think, Minho and Hyunseung left together with them. Their absence didn't much help with the heavy atmospher that they left behind.

 

Dara was running when she reached the cottage in which her parents were shock to see her crying figure and so was Bom and TOP. They quickly asked her what happened but the lady just hugged her mother tightly and began asking questions in a broken voice, "I am your daughter right? I am your daughter right? Please tell me I am your daughter."She was shaking her head, begging and confusion enveloped them until a guy followed her, running and calling her noona.

 

Bom and TOP were both in shock upon seeing the guy closely as he looked so much like Dara. Her parents on the other hand, paled, shock like they were poured by ice cold water. "Sanghyun," Mr. Park muttered in great disbelief.

 

"Hyesun noona?Myujin hyung?" Sanghyun whispered in disbelief and confusion as Dara looked at her both parents before turning to look at Sanghyun. Without knowing everyone has finally arrived. "Hyesun? Myujin?"Mrs. Yang gasped. "What's the meaning of this?" Hyunsuk exclaimed in disbelief.

 

Hyesun's tears fell quickly, she wiped it. "I'm really sorry," she burst into loud cries. Dara looked at her in confusion as she stepped backwards from her. Hyesun buried her face on her palms. "What's happening?" She couldn't almost hear her own voice as her eyes went back and forth to the people who claimed to be her parents and to the people she knew was her parents.

 

"Dara,"Hyesun cried as she took a step towards her but she moved away.

 

"Stop. Tell me the truth. Please just tell me the truth." her tears kept coming, her voice was firm, her hands clenched on tight fists.

 

"They are telling you the truth. You are their daughter, he is your twin brother. They are your real parents," Myujin said. His voice was shaky as he went to his wife, placing his arm over her shoulder. Hyesun turned to him for comfort. She cried.

 

"Dara," Hyesun called the moment she entered the room together with her husband. "I am sorry,"she almost sighed. Dara didn't say anything, she just kept herself in the arms of Jiyong. She felt so tired. She was just tired hearing endless apologies. It was as if she was watching her life crumbles to small pieces in the hands of the people she loves the most, she trusts the most.

 

"Dara, we know what we did is unforgivable but can you at least try to hear us out," Myujin pleaded. Dara just kept her face buried on Jiyong's chest. "Jagiya,"Jiyong whispered, she shook her head. What was there to hear? What are they going to explain? They are going to explain how they build her life using lies? She was too confused, lost. "Don't you want to hear the truth?" Jiyong cooed. She wanted to yet she knew that in hearing the truth you will need courage and does she still have enough courage in her?

 

She wiped her tears before heaving a deep sigh. "Then, tell me, tell me the truth."Her voice cracked with distrust and pain.

 

The couple turned to glance at each other before Myujin sighed. "Hyesun and I used to work for Mr. and Mrs. Yang. That's how we met, fell in love and got married. We wanted to have our own family but we found out that we will never have any child, it was sad of course but we didn't dwell on it and decided to continue working for the Yang. I worked as the family driver while Hyesun was the nanny for both you and Sanghyun. You were just five back then but you are extremely smart and overly brave. You always take care of Sanghyun. You loved each other so dearly..." he took another deep breath in.

 

"When you were seven, one day, Sanghyun wanted to go to a park. We went to the park but something happened. Sanghyun went missing and we looked for him only to find him at the other side of the road. You called him, told him to wait because you are coming. The moment you crossed the road, a black van came in and you were kidnapped," Hyesun ended in a cry, Myujin quickly rubbed her back. "I'll do it," he gently said, the lady nodded.

 

"We didn't know what exactly happened but it was the biggest news that time. Our guilt was killing us, it was under our supervision that you two were taken by those people. We were afraid so we moved on our own to find the two of you. After two days, Sanghyun was found but you were still missing. We never stopped finding you, your parents kept their contact with the kidneappers. We were about to go home that night when we stopped on the road after almost hitting someone and we saw you there, soaking wet, full of cuts, pale... dying." Myujin smiled. He released a sigh, running his palm over his face.

 

"We took you to the hospital, no one was able to recognize you because they cut your hair so short, you lost weight. We are so happy and we were about to call your parents when we saw in the news that the place where you were taken exploded and everyone inside died. According to the news, you died. We were shaken, we don't know what to do... when you woke up you were so afraid of everyone, you were thrashing every time you see water..." the silence was too much to bear.

 

"We are ready to call your parents to return, until you stopped talking and just stared blankly in the air. One morning you smiled at us and called us 'Mom' and 'Dad',"Myujin broke into loud bitter cries in the memories that he needed to revisit. "That moment, we were a total goner and we promised to keep you, take care of you since they all thought you're dead. The doctor told us that due to trauma you locked down your own memory and fabricated new ones." He buried his face on his palms but his cries echoed all over.

 

"Yes, we did lie but our lie and everything after that was true. We love you so much and we will do everything for you."A long silence dragged before Dara stood up, she pulled Jiyong with her as they climbed the staircase, leaving them all behind.

 

The moment the door closed behind Dara fell on her knees crying, she hugged her knees to  her chest. Jiyong sat behind her, wrapping his arms around her. "I don't know," she cried bitterly. "What should I do, Jiyong?" She screamed. Jiyong just tightened his embraced. He doesn't know what the right words to say or what should he do. To be honest, he was as confused as her. One day everything was going their way, it was all perfect then the tables turned completely. Now, she wasn't just his poor gangster girlfriend, she was the reported dead heiress of their family's greatest rival. They were literally placed to be another Romeo and Juliet.

 

He felt so weak. "I'm sorry," he whispered against her hair. Dara kept crying. Of all things, he chose to say the lamest, he thought. But he doesn't know what to say aside from he was sorry of what happened to her. He gently made her face him, cupping her face, he brushed her tears away. "Shh, listen," Dara struggledto keep her head up, her eyes on his. "No matter what happened, what your decision will be, nothing will change," he whispered gently. "Even if you are a Park or a Yang, I will still love you with every me." Dara broke into a chuckle.

 

"But I will love you more if you become a Kwon," and they started laughing. Dara smiled before landing a kiss on his lips. Jiyong placed his hand at the back of his head pulling her, deepening their kiss.

 

"Thank you," Dara placed another quick peck on his lips. "I can taste your mucus, I therefore conclude crying doesn't suit you, it spoils such sweet lips,"Jiyong whispered kissing the side of her head. Dara quickly hit his thigh making him cry in pain.

 

"You are so sweet, Kwon." She sarcastically remarked, wiping her tears.

 

"Of course," he wiped her tears and fixed her hair. He stared at her worriedly. "Dara," he almost sighed. "What am I going to do with you?"He casted a kiss on her forehead. Dara pulled him on a quick hug, her arms placed under his. "Jiyong, just stay with me, okay?" She whispered.

 

"Even if you don't want to, I will really stay, you can't escape me, Park," he wrapped around her. "Dara, think hard, listen not to your anger or to the pain that you are feeling. Listen to what you really wanted, listen to your heart." He made her face him. Dara smiled, nodding at his every word.

 

Dara pressed her forehead against his, closing her eyes. "This is so cheesy, augh," she laughed. Jiyong stared at her beautiful face before he allowed himself to close his eyes. "But even though, my skin is crawling and I feel like puking. I love you, Kwon Jiyong," they both laughed.

 

"Look at how romantic you are," Jiyong sarcastically replied. Dara laughed lightly.

 

"I love you." He smiled. "I love you, Park or Yang or Kwon Dara," he took her lips for another passionate lip locking.

 

•••

 

After deciding on spending the night on the resort, Dara never went out of her room after dinner in which everyone left her alone, respecting the privacy she was asking.

 

The group with the exception of Mr. and Mrs. Park were all gathered on the pool area. They were having some light drinking session but no one was saying anything until Seungri, "I can't believe what happened." He shook his head after taking gulps from his bottle of beer.

 

"What's your plan, Kwon?"Youngbae sighed looking at Jiyong who stood leaning against a glass table. "We all know that this will be not good," he ran his palm over his face.

 

"I don't know..."Jiyong answered honestly finishing his own bottle of beer. He grabbed another and opening it before taking few sips.

 

"Yang is the biggest enemy Kwon has, the same as our families. It's like a sick joke, she has always been with us then out of nowhere they will just take her away," TOP chipped in.

 

"Waah, I hate the Son, Jang and the other Lee or the affiliates of the Yang! I can imagine Dara noona transferring to YG International School!" Daesung exclaimed clutching his hair.

 

"Knock on wood! Knock on wood!" Seungri panicked as the two of them began running around knocking on every wood available.

 

"If that happened, there's also a possibility that the world will be against Dara and Jiyong oppa's love." Bom sighed and that put  them into another heavy silence.

 

"Why are you all drinking without me?" They almost jumped when Dara came in her denim shorts and Jiyong's white shirt. She went on the cooler, pulling one can of beer. She opened it and down it in one gulp. "I missed this!" She placed the can on the table as Jiyong offered his half filled bottle. Dara accepted it before wrapping her arm around his waist. "So, what am I missing?" Everyone just looked at her. The silence dragged for couple of seconds before she let out a sigh.

 

"I am not coming to them, they can visit me or whatever but I am not going to live with them. They can't just come and tell me to do things," she drank the beer but no one said anything and just looked at her. Maybe, despite her words they have long believed that she will be back to where she trully belongs.

 

"This is too serious," Seungri scowled in frustration and they laughed. They began telling stories, laughing, playing horse. "Truth and dare! What is high school and an outing without truth and dare!?" Daesung shouted but everyone turned him down telling how childish he was.

 

"How about the King's game?"Seungri suggested. He then stood up and ran his way to the house. After being gone for almost five minutes he was back with wooden chopsticks placed upside down on a plastic cup. "Here, all you need to do is pick a chopstick of your choice, whatever number it is written there don't tell anyone and whoever has the chopsticks with a crown on it is the king." He explained. The king will be giving order but instead he will be commanding by calling a number and whoever has that number will need to follow the order of the king.

 

After the long explanation and the quick question and answer portion, they decided to make a big circle in which Seungri held the plastic cup and they all withdrew their own chopsticks. After a quick glance on it they began playing. For the first round, Daesung was the king.

 

"Oh yeah! I am the ing king, bow down peasants!" He yelled running inside their circle. Everyone just rolled their eyes. "Okay, number 3 seat on number 5's lap." He proudly commanded. Youngbae rolled his eyes and stood up, he was number 3 and Seungri turned out to be number 5. The moment Youngbae sat on Seungri's laugh the rest burst out in the loud laughter. Chaerin and Bom pulled out their phones and began taking pictures of it. "Wow, one thousand retweets, not bad." Bom giggled.

 

Round two, Bom was the king or the queen. "Okay, okay, this is exciting!" She squealed while everyone felt the shiver of something bad. "Number 4 do a y dance!" She squealed in delight. Everyone looked at one another except for Daesung and they immediately snorted their laughter. "Oh, what now?" Youngbae asked as each of them pulled out their phone. "Fine!" Daesung exclaimed. He stood up and began pulling an oh so y dance as they began howling while capturing every moment of it.

 

After Daesung burned in shame, round three began with Seungri named as the king. "Bwahahahaha, payback time!" He held the chopsticks high. "Number..." he smiled widely. "Six kiss number seven for a minute on lips." He broke into loud laugh. Dara flinched looking all over only to meet Youngbae's buffled eyes. They both blinked consecutively. "," Dara bit her lips as Youngbae's cheeks burned.

 

"Yah! Change your command!" Jiyong shouted. Dara just stood up, glaring at him. She walked towards Youngbae pulling him to stand up. Youngbae was too shock to react. Dara grabbed Youngbae's collar when Youngbae just dodge when Dara was about to kiss him. Both of them slipped and in quick events they both plunged in the pool. Jiyong quickly jumped in the pool.

 

Dara's eyes widened in shock as everything flashed in an instant. She thrashed on the pool. Jiyong quickly wrapped his arms around her pulling her up. Everyone stared at Dara, even Youngbae who just emerged from the water. They waited for the screaming, her thrashing instead she was just staring blankly in the air, hands on Jiyong's shoulders. She was just blinking, breathing heavily. "I remember everything," she gasped. Jiyong looked at her, shocked.

 

Dara moved away from him, she swam to the side. After she climbed on the edge, she broke to a run. A run back not in their house but a run back to her real family. Jiyong quickly went out of the pool before he ran after her, their friends followed except for TOP and Bom.

 

Dara was running, looking left and right until she bumped into someone, they fell on the sand. Dara pushed herself up, sitting on the sand but the one she bumped into stayed etherized on the sand, wincing in pain, holding his shoulder. "Are you okay?" She worriedly hover over him. "Minho?" Minho pushed himself to sit. "Why are you wet?" He asked, face still contorted in pain.

 

"Hyung!" A voice snatched their attention. The moment Dara saw Sanghyun she pushed herself up and hugged him tight. "Sanghyun, I am back!" She cried. The latter froze for a second before he wrapped his arms around her. "You memory is back?" He asked, embracing him more. Dara nodded, pulling awat from him. "I can remember now, Sanghyun," she wiped his tears. "Thank God," Sanghyun sighed. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her with him. "Mom and Dad will be happy." He smiled, she nodded.

 

They were gone even before Minho can stand up. The moment he was on his feet, Jiyong and others arrived. He offered a sly smirk on them. "Seems like she already remembered everything." He ended in a whistle.

 

"What do you mean?"Jiyong gritted.

 

"What I mean is your little relationship is over," he turned sharply.

 

"Don't try me, I will really punch you again, Lee."

 

"Even if you punch me over and over again that doesn't change anything,"Minho smiled.

 

"Yeah, because she's still mine." Jiyong smiled.

 

"Oh, that." He crossed his arms over his chest. "I'll tell your future, Kwon. Don't be so arrogant because I assure you, she will walk out of your life and this time she will not walk back again." Jiyong grabbed the collar of his shirt.

 

"What do you really want?" Jiyong snarled.

 

"You don't know what I want. Don't worry, I am not interested with your girlfriend. She loves me or not, I don't give a damn." Jiyong pushed him away before landing a strong kick on his abdomen that Minho fell on the sand.

 

"Stay away from her," Jiyong warned pointing his finger on him. Minho laughed.

 

"I can't promise you that," he wiped the blood on the corner of his lips, he stood up and landed a kick on his abdomen making him fall on the sand. "After all, we are getting married." Jiyong finally lost his patience, he stood up and jumped to him. They began punching and kicking, beating the out of each other until Youngbae decided to finally stop the two of them from killing each other.

 

Daesung and Seungri kept Jiyong while Minho was still on the sand, sitting, beatened and laughing. "She doesn't need to love me, I don't love her anyways," he laughed. "Shut up!" Jiyong growled. Minho pushed himself up and looked at him.

 

"Do your best to keep her with you because once she's mine, I'll make her life a living hell,"Minho hissed making them froze on their spot. Maybe it was his voice, it could be his dark eyes but all of those sank in and they felt something inside them snapped only Hyunseung together with his friends came.

 

"What's happening here?" Hyunseung stood in front of Minho.

 

"Tell that ed up bastard to stay away from Dara!" Youngbae snarled, pointing Minho with his finger.

 

"Make her life a living hell? Don't you dare Minho, I will erase your ing face!" Seungri added.

 

"We're leaving," Kikwang announced and they just turned back, walking away leaving everyone still gritting in anger, heaving heavily.

 

•••

 

The changes went too fast and too drastic. In a span of a week, nothing was ever the same.

 

•••

 

/Blah blah blah/

Okay just few more of this corny and too dramatic senseless fic. Hang in there babe xD