Chapter Thirty-Seven

ROMEO and CINDERELLA

 

CHAPTER Thirty-Seven:
Break Even
 
 
 
Romantic music filled the whole venue as it was decorated with elagance, luxury and love. There are people wearing designer brands everywhere while helding their own glass of wine or champagne. Seung Ri was sitting in the corner nervous as he was tapping his foot, impatiently. He felt like hell and he felt like he was about to throw up in any moment now. It felt like he was going to get married to the girl he has loved all his life though this was only an engagement party. 
 
 
' I've been looking for you, ' she said using her sweet voice as she landed a quick peck on his cheek. He smiled at her as he stood up and cupped her face and land a small kiss on her shiny lips. He hated the taste of lipstick but it was always overpowered by the sweetness of her lips. He chuckled. ' I feel bad, ' he breathed out in honesty.
 
 
 ' Why are you sick? ' she asked worriedly as she placed her hand on his forehead and neck. He chuckled and grabbed her hand and entwined it with his. ' No, I'm not talking about that. I feel sick out of nervousness and to think this is just an engagement party what if we get married, ' he said shaking his head earning laughters from her. ' Gosh, I love you Lee Seunghyun, ' she said giggling. ' I love you too, Lee Chaerin, ' he answered back with a smile on his lips.
 
 
' Come to think of it, eversince we are born we're already married, ' he said making her laugh in agreement. ' I guess we're soulmates, ' she said as he chuckled. Then they were both stolen from their little world when Daesung arrived walking towards them. He threw his arm on Seung Ri giving him a quick embrace and then he also gave Chaerin a quick embrace. ' Man, are you sure you are doing this? This is one step closer to getting married. You might want to think again, ' Daesung said making Chaerin laugh as Seung Ri grimaced while tightening his hold at his girlfriend's hand. ' I'm hella sure of this you're just jealous, ' he hissed at Daesung making the latter laugh. Then right on cue Youngbae arrived.
 
 
' Man, are you sure you are doing this? This is one step closer to getting married. You might want to think again, ' Youngbae said after arriving and giving Seung Ri a quick hug and so as Chaerin. ' I'm hella sure with this, you're just bitter that I got a love life, ' he said with a proud smirk in his lips. Then Dara and Jiyong arrived hand in hand, with both looking breath taking as they earned everyone's attention. 
 
 
' I thought I'm the one getting engage here, ' Seung Ri said chuckling. ' Yes, you are, ' Jiyong smiled. ' But you two stole our spotlight, ' Chaerin said giggling. ' Oh let them be, anyways, ' Dara paused. Dara then handed her gift to Seung Ri. ' I hope you will both like it, I work hard on that, ' she said proudly as the couple opened the gift and saw a beautifully designed couple shirt. ' Wow this is cool, thanks Dara, ' Chaerin said as she gave Dara a warm embrace. ' You really rock when it comes to arts, thanks Noona, ' Seung Ri smiled.
 
 
' But Ri, are you sure about this? This is one step closer to getting married. You might want to think again, ' Dara said making Seung Ri grimace as he runs his palm in his face. Everyone laughed at him. ' I told you I'm sure about this! ' he exclaimed. ' If I hear one more question like that I swe--- ' he wasn't able to finish his sentence when TOP together with Bom arrived they both look gorgeous and it just stole everyone's attention. 
 
 
' Man, are you sure about this? This is one step closer to getting married. You might want to think again, ' TOP said making everyone laugh as Seung Ri displayed his most epic grimace. He seriously wants to rip the heads of his friends. Seriously, what do they think of him someone who will forever wander and never settledown! ' Aish!! How many times do I have to say that I'm hella serious about marrying Chaerin! ' Seung Ri exclaimed frustrated as he messed his hair earning everyone's attention. 
 
 
Chaerin chuckled at his cuteness as she gave a small peck on his cheek. ' Of course we know you're serious, ' she smiled at him making him blushed a bit. He faked a cough and fixed his necktie. He rolled his eyes and stared at his laughing friends. ' There'll be an after party at our favorite club after this, I demand all of you to come, ' he hissed. Unfriendly. ' By the tone of your voice, are you really sure you want us to come? ' Youngbae asked while laughing. ' Aish! Why do people got tons of questions today?! ' Seung Ri said frustrated, raking his hair again. 
 
 
Dara stole a small glance at TOP who was standing next to Bom. She nudge him with a teasing stare and smile in her lips. ' You two look good together, ' she smiled at him making him roll his eyes. ' Please, ' he said sarcastically as their friends attention went to them. ' Don't tell me you and Bom noona are dating now? ' Daesung asked with a teasing smile. ' Yes!! ' Bom happily answered making TOP run his palm on his face. ' Believe me she's the only one who knew we are dating, ' he said almost sounding monotone as Bom pouted her lips. Their friends laughed at their cuteness. 
 
 
' Tabi, I haven't seen you for days... so how was your business trip? ' Dara asked, changing the topic. ' It was good except for the later part, ' he answered smiling. ' Really, you ought to tell me what happened, ' Dara chuckled. ' I don't even wanna recall it, ' TOP sighed as Bom giggled beside him recalling what happened to TOP's business trip. ' And oh! ' Dara suddenly exclaimed earning their attention. ' I wanted to tell you this days ago but you're gone, so do you remember the wishing well we always go to? ' she asked TOP as the latter nodded. ' Let's go back there, I want to thank the well, ' she said with the most beautiful smile that he can't help not to fall inlove with her all over again. His heart was hammering his chest painfully. They are going back to the well, to the place that only the two of them knew. 
 
 
' Why? ' he asked timidly as he grabbed on drink from the passing waiter. ' Your wish and my wish was finally answered, ' she smiled at him making him stiffened that he was not even blinking anymore, he even thought he just died. Her wish. Her wish for all her life was to be loved by him, not him self but by Kwon Jiyong. He knew it perfectly, everytime the toss the coin and everytime she will close her eyes wishing it was like she can read her mind for he knew she was wishing to be with Jiyong, badly. While him as he closed his eyes he was wishing for her to know that he's much better than Jiyong, that he was the one always there, the one who have loved her for all his life. 
 
 
' Jiyong and I are already official! Can you believe it he loves me too!? ' Dara said, excited as everyone fell in silence. They knew, they were aware that it was something that TOP would never want to hear for the rest of his life. But what can they do, hiding it won't remove the pain it will inflict, rather it will strengthen it more. 
 
 
TOP's jaw clenched as his fist rolled into tight balls. Their friends were staring at him, they don't know what to feel, should they be relieved? Should they pity him? While Dara was staring at him waiting for his response with the smile on her lips totally unaware of his heartbreak. Everyone's eyes including the other guests landed on TOP as a loud crashing sound filled the whole place. Dara quickly grabbed TOP's blooded hands. ' Why did you do that?! ' she asked as she quickly looked for a handkerchief but when she found nothing she bent down and tear her dress and quickly tend his wound while he was still staring blankly in the air. Can't think straight, all he knew now that she just broke his heart, she just broke him apart yet he still loves her so much. 
 
 
Bom took a deep breath as she helped Dara in tending his cut. ' Are you okay? Let's go to the clinic, ' she said as she stared at TOP with eyes in the brink of tearing. She was also in pain, she was in pain seeing how much he was hurt. Yes it is damn painful to see how he loves her! It was damn painful to see him act like that! But she could set aside how hell she was feeling, because seeing him in pain is the most painful thing in this world. 
 
 
TOP waved her as he stared straight to Dara's eyes who was looking at him in confusion. ' Do you wanna know what I'm praying for everytime we are there? ' he asked. There was gentleness in his tone, there was pleading and there was agony. ' W-what? ' Dara asked stuttering. Bigbang stole small glances at each other as Jiyong remained silent while his hold at Dara's hand tightened that it was like he was almost squeezing her hands making her glance at him for seconds.  ' You probably think I was also praying for him to love you... but, ' he said biting his lips a little wanting to hold his tears. 
 
 
' No that was not what I'm praying for everytime... i was praying that you will notice that I'm the one who was always been with you... the one who wants to be with you '  he continued as Dara's eyes widen in shock and as Bom's arm fell hopelessly in her side. She bit her lips and locked her eyes on the floor. There was a suffocating silence in the air, no one was talking afraid to add more pain. ' I love you Dara, ' he said with a weak smile. ' I-i d-did'nt... I-i'm s-sorry, ' she said as she was still trying to deciper everything in her head. She tightly closed her eyes. She wants to process everything that is happening but it was too much for her to take. 
 
 
TOP let out a bitter chuckle as he inhaled and turned his gaze somewhere else. Without any words he turned his back from them and walked away. Away from pain, away from Dara who gave him pain, away from Bom whom he gave pain, away from his friends who were ing right from the beginning, and away from Jiyong the cause of all of this. Dara tried to follow him but she was stopped by Jiyong and Bom. Bom gave her a weak smile. ' B-bom, I'm s-s-sorry, I didn't know, I don't want this... I'm so sorry, ' she said breathing heavily as she felt her tears will fall in seconds. Bom smiled at her as tears crawled in her face. ' I, no, we know that this will happen sooner or later, it's never your fault Dara. He will be back, he can recover from this, ' she said as she bowed down to them. ' I have to go, I can't leave him alone, not in this state, ' she smiled at them as she jogged her way to him, as she jogged to chase him. 
 
 
Dara turned to Jiyong as Jiyong locked her into his arms, cooing her as he her back. ' I didn't know I was hurting him... I don't know... I never wanted this, ' she breathed as he was whispering that it will be okay, that it wasn't her fault. ' I don't really have any idea... I never mean to break his heart, if I was given a chance I would never break his heart, ' she whispered as she roughly wiped her tears with the back of her hand barely caring whether her make up will smudge. ' Noona it's not your fault we warned him, ' Seung Ri said wanting to lighten the situation with Youngbae and Daesung agreeing to him. 
 
 
Jiyong let out a sigh as he gently cupped his girlfriend's tear stricken face. ' In life you always need to choose one and sacrifice the other. You did nothing wrong. It was never your fault that he fell for you in fact it was his fault that he let himself to... but then again I guess in love you have no control of your heart anymore, it just malfunction on its own, ' he said gently as he kissed him softly in her lips. Dara nodded and gave him a tight hug. ' Thanks, ' she wispered. She slowly pull herself away from him and fixed herself. ' Sorry, we're not complete at you engagement, ' she said with a weak smile as she turned to Seungri. ' Nah, I don't mind but in my wedding you must all be there, ' he said chuckling as the host finally called him and Chaerin. 
 
 
Dara heaved another sigh as she stared blankly in the air, feeling so lost. She just felt so mean she felt like she was the biggest idiot for not noticing his feelings. She felt so mean for breaking his heart without knowing. And lastly she doesn't know what to do, she don't know what to say to lessen the pain, she got no idea if their friendship is still there. Jiyong gave her hand a tight squeez stealing her from her reverie. ' Sorry, ' she mumbled. He put his arm around her shoulder and pull her to him. ' Everything will be okay, ' he smiled. ' So don't think to much. Trust him, ' he chuckled as he lightly pinched her nose making her frown. ' That hurts you know, ' she said which was followed by laughters. 
 
 
Will everything really be okay?
 
 
...
 
 
Bom was still stomping her way following him as he finally reached his black ducati. Bom put her hand over his shoulder as she made him face her. ' What?! ' TOP yelled at her as he wiped his tears roughly making her flinched at first but she inhaled trying to pull herself together. He needs her, she knew and she will be there. She stared at her gently then she dropped her gaze into his hands with a teared clothing over it but still the blood is dripping. ' You know what if you're not going to say something. I have to go, and stay away from me, ' he gritted at her. ' No I'm not staying away from you! ' Bom retorted stubbornly. ' I told you I'm going to make you fall for me! ' she added biting her lips, painfully holding her tears.
 
 
 ' Are you really stubborn or plain stupid! What part of I don't love is hard to understand?! Tell me so I can explain it to you perfectly! ' he shouted at her she clenched her fist tightly chnating to herself that she must not cry, she must not break down. And even though she was on the verge of breaking down she can't bring herself too for she know he was in much more pain. ' Everything about it! I don't understand a thing about it!! I know you can love me! ' she said in a hig voice as TOP let out a mocking laugh. ' I. DON'T. AND. WILL. NEVER. LOVE. YOU! So stay the away from me! ' he growled at him finally making her tears craw her cheeks. 
 
 
She roughly wiped her tears away as she fanned herself wanting to stop from crying but her eyes won't listen to her. And her heart can't seem to take it anymore. She wanted to give up yet she can bring herself to. She promised she will make him fall, but probably when she said that she was stupid enough to not know the situation she was asking for. She heaved a sigh and smiled at him. ' I know it... even from the start I know that it was almost impossible but I didn't give maybe I'm too optimist or maybe I can feel it that you love me too you just don't know yet... Why can't you feel that your heart belongs to me.... '  she said, pleading. TOP stared at him for a moment. Then there was silence.
 
 
His loud laughter filled the whole place. It sounded so hollow, it sounded full of insult that it was breaking her to pieces as memories flooded her head. ' Stupid, ' he muttered as he turned himself away from her. He then ride on his ducati and was about to put his helmet when she suddenly shouted. 
 
 
' THEN WHY DID YOU KISS ME!? WHAT WAS THAT FOR?! '
 
 
He was taken a back as memorie filled his head, how their lips touched and how she tasted so sweet. It was all in his head and it was playing  again and again. A smirked curved in his lips as he snapped his head back to her. ' For fun, I can kiss anyone I want. If you want me to you I can do it too, ' he said with emptiness in his eyes and smirk in his lips. Making Bom's tears to crawl in her cheeks as she felt like she was stabbed over and over again.
 
 
She wiped her tears and heaved a sigh she quickly ride his ducati as she grabbed the other helmet since he has one, because they went to this place together. ' What are you doing? ' TOP gritted. ' You told me you can me right, then let's do it, ' she answered in gritted teeth as her tone was more like an angry whisper. TOP rolled his eyes as he kick his bike to life and speed off with Bom hugging him as tears flowed continously as she felt like her heart broke to pieces. And that was the time she realised that when a heart break, it don't break even but shatter to pieces. 
 
 
--------------- :]]
 
/kill me now
What just happened?
Omo! I made TOP so mean here! Sorry for all the top biased there! I am one of you though haha. So what will happen?. I think I kinda like this chapter though I write it crappily. I liked how they all reacted. So what will happen next? Beats me LOL.
 
Next chapter would be a flashback of TOP's business trip, and their kiss happened there LOL. SO I hope you'll look forward to that cause next chappie will be TOPBOM love LOL. And you will find out to if they will really do it, LOL. 
 
Anyways here's your unedited, ugly chapter
A comment will never hurt! 
Thank you all for the support! Love yah guys
Mbie07's out
P E A C E.
 
UP NEXT
Chapter 38
- under the same sky-