Chapter Forty-Eight

ROMEO and CINDERELLA

 

 

chapter forty-eight | clavel

 

She winced at the brightness of the sun, she was planning to turn from left to right only she was pinned down by a strong arm until she felt him beside her. Her eyes snapped opened and she was welcomed by his sleeping figure. He looked so peaceful, his blonde hair falling lazily. Slowly, her lips spread on that smile.

 

A realization that was sweeter for the nth time hit her. She loved this guy. She loved him too much.

 

Jiyong pulled her more, pressing their bodies together. "Hey y," he whispered ending with a chuckle. Dara just laughed hugging him more. "Last round?" He teasingly asked. Dara quickly slapped him in his arm. "!" She pushed him away making Jiyong laugh more. "Oh come on, jagiya!" He was stil laughing but Dara already, climbed out of the bed. She was grumpily picking up her clothes. "Oh come on your face!" She gritted.

 

Jiyong watched her with that grin that can't seem to be removed from his face. "Hey," he called, Dara ignored him. "Hey, Park Sandara," he called again and once more he was ignored. "Hey, y," he chuckled. I looked, what I meant is Dara threw a deathglare on him. "What?!" She snarled.

 

"I love you," he smiled. KYYAAAAAAHHHHHH! I LOVE YOU TOO, OPPA! YOU AND I FOREVER! What I meant is look how sweet and cheesy you are! Someone just got laid. Haha.

 

"Fine!" Dara grumpily put her clothes on. "I love you too!" And she was still snarling. Jiyong chuckled, pushing himself up. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pinning her to look at him. "You look beautiful with that scowl." He teased, landing kisses on the side of her head.

 

" you too," Dara was still trying her hardest to keep the grimace on. Oh come on, Unnie. No one's stopping you to smile. Jiyong just laughed. "You are so happy this morning? What's with the laugh and smiles?" Dara finally smiled.

 

"I have you," he answered truthfully pulling her more, hugging her more.

 

"Cheesy," Dara rolled her eyes.

 

"Let's take a bath so we can get married," Dara looked at him in pure disbelief.

 

"What the ?" She blinked at him before shutting her eyes like she was having some headache.

 

"I asked you, you said yes, then let's get married." Jiyong shrugged. Well, he has a point. You did say yes Goddess D. But oppa, what about me? What about us? The two of us?

 

Err, haha, I am kidding. I AM REALLY KIDDING! PLEASE!

 

After twenty minutes of trying to stay alive after the Goddess almost switched my every bone, "Ji, are you out of your mind?" She asked exasperatedly.

 

Jiyong shook his head,"No. But you didn't change your mind, did you?" He asked seriously. Oh no, oppa I think unnie changed her mind. Don't worry we can still be together and create our own romance entitled Romeo and his Substitute Bride. See, the title has more ring to it?

 

*gulp* Fine! I am not joining this conversation anymore! *walks out*

 

"I did not. And I will not. But Ji, I am not going to get married to you today! That's crazy!" She ended with a sigh. "How about this, let's have a deal, we will get married after our graduation. It's almost just five months from now, anyways," Jiyong's face lightened.

 

"After graduation?"

 

"Yes, if you want after we received our diploma, let's ditch them and get married." Jiyong laughed taking her into one quick deep kiss.

 

"Deal." He whispered as soon as their lips parted. And they looked lovingly at each other. Aww, this is too much. Giddiness overload. So there folks, here's the ending of the unlikely romance of Romeo and Cinderella.

 

The end.

 

But wait. If this is the ending then what happened to Hyunseung? To Lee Minho? And who is Sanghyun? And besides there are too many things unexplained, too many questions left unanswered!

 

Okay, okay, geez. So what really happened is after they took a bath together. Yes, together! Kyaaaa! I know, I know. They met up with their friends meaning the rest of Bigbang except TOP, then there was also Chaerin and of course, the devil's advocate, Hyunseung.

 

Everyone was giving Hyunseung dagger looks while he was sitting unmindful of those looks he was getting. He was just sitting comfortably, legs crossed and drinking from his pineapple juice. "Hey, you are called Bigbang right? Why Bigbang? You are all not tall, not big," blah blah blah, yada yada. Everyone just rolled their eyes on his every annoying question or statement. Or whatever.

 

When Dara and Jiyong arrived, everyone was happy and excited except Hyunseung. "So you are back together, this will be twice fun," he laughed as everyone gave him a disbelieving look. "What?" He asked still laughing. He then suddenly grabbed Dara's hand and looked at it. "I'll read your future," he smirked to her and Dara just looked at him grimly.

 

"You don't believe me?" He then ran his fingers on the line of her hand. "The near future will be tough, a revelation will shock you. Lies will be uncovered and a new man will enter your life and this time he is determined to stay." Dara looked at him in disbelief before retrieving her hand back.

 

"What the hell was that? I've always knew your creepy, but seriously, Hyunseung!" Dara rolled her eyes.

 

"The near future will be tough? But isn't the future always tough?" Daesung asked looking at Youngbae. Youngbae shrugged before saying, "A revelation will shock you? I think any revelation will shock you." He shook his head.

 

"Lies will be uncovered. What lies?" Seungri asked Chaerin while the lady just shook her head before shrugging.

 

"A new man?" Jiyong raised his eyebrow. "And he is determined to stay, as if I'll let him." He rolled his eyes. Dara just buried her face on his palm, "Oh come on, don't say you all believed this moron?" Of course unnie! He sounded so cool and so legit!

 

"What? I am actually warning you, you should be thankful," he smiled and Dara just gave him the finger. They burst into another laughter, while Hyunseung remained watching each of them carefully. He drifted his gaze away. It was already bad enough that he gave them clues but then no one believed him. He wondered how does palm readers earned their money.

 

"So as I was saying TOP will be out this Sunday! We should celebrate!" Dara changed the topic. Everyone nodded in agreement. They have decided to never talked about what happened in the past days instead they will just celebrate that he was back and that everything was back to normal and much better.

 

"We should have some out of town trip!" Seungri suggested and everyone started chipping in their opinion.

 

"Out of town, it's only a day? We have classes on Monday!" Youngbae protested.

 

"We can just not attend school, it's only a day," Dara shrugged.

 

"Well in case you forget you needed to get enough days in school to graduate," the latter rolled his eyes.

 

"I have enough! Besides in case you forgot that is also my parents' wedding anniversary!" Dara said too defensively. And they all just nodded while sarcastically agreeing to her. Come on guys, the lady does have enough attendance besides she's smarter than all of you, except Jiyong, combined!

 

"Oh come on, hyung! Noona does have enough, I have counted it," Daesung whined.

 

"Fine, fine," Youngbae took a sip on his milk tea.

 

"That's good then! I knew a beautiful resort that is not too far! You'll like it there and besides the accomodation is free!" Hyunseung said too enthusiastically. Everyone gave him a hesitant look. He rolled his  eyes. "Oh come on, I will arrange everything besides that will be my last day with all of you since the exchange thingy will be over and finally, I am back to YG." He chuckled. They glanced at one another.

 

"For Christ's sake! Let him arrange everything," Dara grumpily said while crossing her arms over her chest. "Just make sure that we will have fun,"she smiled leaning against Jiyong.

 

"You will, more than you'll ever thought," he assured.

 

"I don't like your idea of fun," Youngbae glared at Hyunseung as the guy just raised his both hands in defense while grinning.

 

"Omo!" Dara suddenly shouted when she saw the date on the new phone that Jiyong gave her. "Bae! I forgot I need money tonight!" She looked buffled at her friend.

 

Youngbae rolled his eyes, "I got it covered, I have arranged another auction." He smiled proudly.

 

"Aunction?" Jiyong straightened in his seat. His eyebrows knitting together.

 

"Chill, Hyung," Seungri laughed. "Everythree months we arrange a gallery for Dara noona's painting and that's where the aunction will happen. Socialites are actually waiting for it." Chaerin looked at him questioning.

 

"A gallery and auction that socialites wait every three months?" She asked. Seungri nodded, wrapping his arm over her shoulder. "I can only think of one event," she trailed of.

 

"Clavel," Jiyong smiled turning to Dara. "Just as I thought, I always bid in that gallery, I love every painting." He kissed the lady's temple.

 

"Yeah, I always see you there,"Dara mumbled shyly, cheeks burning red.

 

"So you are all those staffs wearing those white masks?" Bigbang nodded. "I am planning to attend tonight and I was actually planning to ask you to come but I guess you are working as a staff." He chuckled.

 

"Well, yeah, we always work as the staffs." Dara smiled. "I like watching people look at my work, as if they are looking at something beautiful." They fell silent looking at her.

 

"And they are looking at something beautiful," Daesung chuckled making everyone agree with soft laughter.

 

•••

 

Eight in the evening and the gates were opened for Clavel. Tonight's theme was How to Love. It was all black and white, the paintings and even the photographs presented were all black and white. Jiyong entered the vicinity wearing his new suit, walking arm in arm with Chaerin who came wearing a white classic cut formal wear pairing it with huge golden accessories.

 

Bigbang on the other hand now with a special participation of Hyunseung were wearing black suits paired with plain white masks covering their whole face. Slowly the gallery were filled with celebrities and socialites. Jiyong was looking all over the place, scrutinizing every painting and photograph displayed. Thinking of which one should he make sure to come home with. Before he just simply has this hunch that they were Dara's work since he got this strange gut feeling. Now that he was sure he has this strange desire to purchase everything.

 

"I am expecting you here, Kwon Jiyong," he looked at the middle aged man greeting him wearing that polite smile, clad in an undeniably expensive suit. "Good evening, Mr. Yang," he bowed down, Chaerin bowed down as well. He straightened himself and looked at one of the most powerful man in the business world. Yang Hyunsuk who was also known as one of the most renowned artist kept on visiting this gallery everytime it will be opened for an auction.

 

"Seems like you are a big fan of this artist, Mr. Yang." Jiyong smiled.

 

"I can say the same to you," he chuckled.

 

"Well, let's just say she has the talent to make everything so beautiful," they began walking looking at the painting. They stopped at the biggest canvas there was. Jiyong and even everyone stared at the painting. It was a self portrait of Dara sitting facing left, hugging her knees to her chest. She was wearing a soft white thin strap sleeping wear. Behind her was another man, wearing white cotton pajama alone, hugging his knees to his chest. He was half and his face was similar to hers. They looked like each other the only difference was they have different gender.

 

Jiyong snapped to Mr. Yang when he saw him crying. His tears streaming down on steady uncontrolled lines. "I'm sorry," he wiped his tears away. Seungri, still wearing his mask, came to them to ask what happened. "No, I am just moved, may I ask how much this is?" Mr. Yang asked pointing the painting. "You need to wait for the auction sir, I am sorry," Seungri said politely. The old man nodded. "Then, I will," he smiled before looking back to the huge black and white painting.

 

"Seems like we will be bidding for the same painting again, Mr. Yang,"Jiyong smiled lightly. The old man laughed. "I'm sorry, Jiyong, but I am not giving this one to you." He walked away looking all over the place once more.

 

At exactly nine the auction began. Jiyong bid for some of the painting and was able to purchase some but the other's he let it slip especially when Dara was beginning to reek with murderous aura. The last painting to be in the auction was Gemini. The moment the painting was open for the bidding, it was a roar. Six bidders were determined to take the huge painting home, including Jiyong and Hyunsuk. Dara couldn't believe the moment the painting reach the bidding price of fifteen million.

 

"What the ?" She mumbled to herself. The biggest sell she has for a painting was ten million and since Gemini was half self portrait she didn't expect it to even reach million.

 

In a span of five minutes the bidding went to 25 million this time only Jiyong and Hyunsuk was in the battle for it. Jiyong raised the price to 30 but he was challenged with 35 by Hyunsuk. Jiyong smiled and he knew the guy was serious in winning the painting. "Forty five million," Jiyong coolly said. Dara rolled her eyes and let out a grunt. "Fifty five million." Hyunsuk said with finality. Jiyong looked at the old mine.

 

"Fifty five million, going once, going twice," Youngbae announced. Jiyong just shook his head in defeat. "Sold!" Youngbae hit the gavel and the auction was over. Dara watched the old man came to them. He lost fifty five million just for a painting but the he looked happy none the less.

 

"Thank you so much," he shook their hands until he was able to shake hands with Dara. "May I know who is the female model in the painting?" He asked hopefully. Dara smiled before answering, "It's a self portrait. Thank you for being here with us in Clavel, Mr. Yang. Don't worry, our painter will be the one who will deliver it personally." She never did that yet she felt as if she was entitled to do so as a sincere gratitude.

 

Mr. Yang smiled, he enclosed her hand with both his. "I am looking forward to it," he then bowed down and excused himself.

 

The moment the gallery was empty and closed they took off their masked. Chaerin and Jiyong came with champagne in their hands, they shook it as it popped. "To Dara,"Jiyong smiled raising his glass. "To Dara!" They shouted and began drinking the champagne. They started telling their misfortunes and their own little stories before they began splashing one another with their drink. After their small victory party Dara and Jiyong decided to walk to Dara's house since it was near the gallery.

 

The night was chilly and the stars were gazing down as they walked hand in hand on the empty street. "I like the Gemini though," Jiyong sighed looking remorsely at her. "But I think Yang Hyunsuk was way desperate for it than I am," he chuckled.

 

"If you were to ask me, I don't want to include it in an auction but I will need at least around ten million so those bastards will stop coming over to our house, at least I can pay them even a bit from our debt,"Dara chuckled. "Sometimes, it's tiring that no matter how much we work, we are still inside such huge debt that never decreases instead increases every time." She sighed. Jiyong looked at her. "I can lend you money," Dara instantly threw a death glare on him. He laughed expecting her reaction knowing how prideful his girlfriend is.

 

"Well, at least if you have debt to me it will never have any of those crazy interest," he shrugged.

 

"Fair point," she smiled. "Thank you for being there, by the way." She landed one quick peck on his cheek. Jiyong rolled his eyes. "I wouldn't miss it for the world." He cupped her face, their lips met for a sweet kiss.

 

"I guess, I'll see you tomorrow," Dara whispered the moment their lips parted, her hands glided from the back of his hand to his shoulder and settled, fingers tangled, on his nape. Their lips met for another kiss. "Yeah, tomorrow. I still got some things with my parents," he groaned almost not wanting to part with her. Another kiss.

 

"Tomorrow, Mr. Kwon," Dara chuckled lightly in between their kiss.

 

"Augh," Jiyong rolled his eyes before cupping her face and landing one last kiss. "Tomorrow. I love you." He tugged her into a tight embrace.

 

"Cheesy," Dara rolled her eyes.

 

After the endless goodbye and the tough negotation, Dara was able to go home but when she entered their area a ypung boy, aged fifteen, came to her in panic, saying there was a big commotion in their house.

 

She quickly ran to their house, shoving everyone out of her way and soon she saw their house surrounded by five familiar vehicles of the boss of the sharkloans they owed. She cursed inwardly, hurrying her way inside.

 

The moment she entered their house, her fists clenched tightly at the bloodied figure of her kneeling father while her mother was hugging him tightly. "Please, give us more time," his father cried.

 

"What the are you doing?" He grabbed his back collar, pulling the shark loan away. The boss pushed her away and she tumbled to his gang members. They quickly grabbed her arms. Dara thrashed away from their hold. "Get your ing arms off me!" she snarled.

 

"Hmm, since your debt has been unpaid for too long, we will take you and your mom so that you can work for us!" The boss laughed while holding Dara's cheeks using one hand. Dara spat on his faceand tried to kick him but she pulled away by his gang's member. "!" The boss growled and was about to land a back slap on her face only he was stopped by a clicking of a gun.

 

"Let. Her. Go."His voice was filled with danger that the atmosphere instantly went icy. "Or, I'll see you in hell,"One of the big bosses of the five sharkloans turned around only to see a young lad carrying a silver dessert eagle in his hands that were steady aiming to blast his head. The boss laughed, "And who are you?" The boss asked and everyone pulled their gun pointing at him. He just smiled.

 

"If I were you..." he pulled the trigger and the bullet hissed its way, plunging at the boss' forehead. A second passed and gunshots roared all over the place. Shouts came out of her mother's throat as they all ducked to the ground. "What the is happening?" She asked to herself.

 

The moment the place registered silence, Dara gently get up and looked all over the almost ruined place. When she saw her parents, she quickly stood up and went to them. "Mom? Dad?" She asked, afraid. "Oh my god, what happened, are you okay Sandara?" Her mom said pulling her on a tight embrace. Her father alsp hugged her. Dara pulled herself from them and looked all over the place. She winced at the dead bodies in their house. Blood flooded their floor. She spun and he saw him there standing. He threw the empty gun away and pulled a bullet out of his shpulder.

 

"Lee Minho?" She muttered in disbelief. Minho winced a bit in pain before smiling boyishly at her. "What are you doing here?" She walked to him. His breathing was heavy, beads of sweat settled on his forehead.

 

"Saving the day," he chuckled and hia face contorted in pain.

 

"Are you okay?" She worriedly asked.

 

"Being shot and you are asking me if I am okay?" He laughed before pulling his phone out of his pocket. "Yeah, I am done here, get these bastards out," he said bitterly before ending the call.

 

"We'll meet again, Park Sandara," he turned to Dara. Dara just looked at him in disbelief before looking all over the place, he gunned them all down? Dara looked at him and he smiled before pulling her wrist and placing a quick kiss on her lips.

 

"This is just the beginning." And he was out. The moment he was out, men in black suits came and began fixing and removing all the corpse. Dara remained frozen in her place when her brain short circuited and she shouted how pissed she was for not being able to kick the erted jerk.

 

Err, Goddess D, he saved you and your family and fixed your problem plus hello, he is Lee Minho! Lee Minho!! Augh!!