Chapter Forty-two

ROMEO and CINDERELLA

 

 

Chapter forty-two | white light

{ warning: y rated chapter read at your own risk haha }

 

Dara tightened her hold on him as she felt the wind merged one with her body. TOP can’t help not to smirk at her move. Yeah, yeah please continue to fool yourself TOP oppa. He slowly decreased his pace as their first destination came in sight. It was their favourite restaurant which serves pizza and when I say pizza I mean PIZZA because it was really huge. And if you are asking how the hell can they finish such gigantic hulk-ish pizza just the two of them, you are underestimating them. You are underestimating Dara unnie’s monstrous stomach.

 

 In seconds he pulled into full stop as Dara quickly climbed off his bike with him following. He then moved closer to her and removed her helmet gently like the way they used to be. He was welcomed by a blushing Dara that made him chuckle as he removed his helmet.

 

Yah! Unnie stop blushing!! Aigoo you’re heightening oppa’s hopes! Aishh!

 

They then quickly paced inside the restaurant walking side by side like before. They were welcomed by the staff who already knew them for being regular customer and for always causing havoc in the place. They can’t almost remember how many times have they brought the two to the police station for attracting trouble which always ends up with one table broken and the glass shattered to pieces and please include the utensils. Every time the two eat there something like that happens and they just grew accustomed to it in fact they already prepared their needed things upon seeing a glimpse of the two.

 

Dara and TOP took their usual table with staffs never bothering to bring them the menu since they already memorized what they will order and all they have to do was to bring the pizza, err, the PIZZA and watch as it disappears after minutes.

 

‘I missed this,’ TOP chuckled as he roamed his eyes all over the place. Dara did the same as memories flooded her head and yes people, the great Sandara Park is currently having her dramatic flashback.

 

So dramati---

I mean the place is dramatically beautiful! It was fascinating! Wow fantastic baby!

 

Dara bit her lips and silently grateful that he never tried to bring up crap like he loves her more than a friend ever while they were waiting. They were just talking and laughing, cursing and well trash talking at each other as they wait for their order. It was like the way they used to be. And she was just thankful for it as she was slowly escaping the awkwardness that she doesn’t even have any clue where it came from. She just brushed all the unnecessary thoughts away and enjoyed the moment with him.

 

Their order finally arrived as they quickly grabbed one slice and started eating and when I say eat it means gobbling and when I say gobbling it means that their mouths were like vacuum that was just the food not bothering to chew it. And yes I am exaggerating. There were laughter, there were stories and it felt like nothing happened. It felt exactly like before. And since it was exactly like before here comes the trouble that comes together with a freakingly ugly looking creature who have the lamest fashion sense in the history of history. He was walking idly towards them with his minions behind him. His head held high with baseball bat on his shoulder while having an aura that screams danger aside from his sour odour.

 

Dara and TOP just continue eating not bothering giving a pinch of attention to the gangster wannabe which made him angry in every bit. They can’t almost remember how many times have they kicked his but he just kept on asking for it and to boost he never gets tired asking for it like it’s a necessity.

 

‘I haven’t seen you in while,’ he said voice painted with arrogance without even trying. ‘Yeah we haven’t smell your stench in while too,’ Dara answered not looking at him as she continued eating. ‘All in fairness you moved one level higher, your stench got worst it can make anyone puke now... congrats on your progress,’ TOP said as he grabbed the glass of iced tea and drunk.

 

‘Why you!!’ the fugly gangster wannabe shouted. ‘Boys attack!!’ he added as his minions quickly followed the royal stenchness like pokemons as they quickly kick TOP and Dara’s table which caused it to fall on the floor together with the precious food. Anger quickly boiled in Goddess D’s blood as she saw all the food go to waste. She quickly snapped her head on the gang as she cracked her knuckles. She stood up and so was TOP in the snap of fingers the bloody war began with the restaurant being flipped inside out as the gangster flew here and there.

 

TOP and Dara came out of the restaurant laughing as TOP was hanging his arm on Dara’s shoulder leaving the restaurant in the verge of breaking with the gangster barely breathing inside. ‘I missed that too!’ TOP laughed together with Dara. ‘Yeah I missed it too!’ Dara exclaimed as they paced to TOP’s bike as if they didn’t just caused any trouble.

 

Aigoo these two!

 

‘So where are we going next?’ Dara asked as TOP threw her the helmet which she caught. ‘Like usual,’ he smirked at her as he placed the helmet on his head as Dara nodded with a grin. ‘Arcade,’ she smirked as she wore the helmet with TOP climbing on his bike and kicking it to life as Dara climbed on it and with that they sped off to their next destination.

 

They spent the day like what he said, like the way they used to before. Never did he tried to bring any awkward topic nor test her temper with all the crap of his love for her. And my instincts are telling me that this tall jerk is planning something in his mind! Yah! Leave my couple alone!

 

‘I just remembered that you and Jiyong will celebrate your 100th days together next week right?’ TOP asked as Dara quickly blushed as she forced a nod. All in fairness to you TOP oppa you knew that they will be celebrating such thing. I therefore conclued you’re a creepy stalker.

 

They were walking now on the busy and noisy street of their place’s shopping district. ‘So what are you going to give him?’ he asked. Dara glanced at him as she bit her lips. ‘Can we go to this store that I found on internet I really want to buy him something from there,’ she shyly asked as TOP quickly nodded. ‘Sure, sure where is it?’ he asked. ‘We’re almost there just few more walks,’ Dara smiled as they continued walking.

 

After a not so long walk they reached the store she was saying. It was a jewelry shop which sells cool looking silver and gold accessories. They quickly entered the place as Dara scanned everything, wanting to find a perfect gift for her boyfriend. ‘Don’t tell me you’re buying a couple stuff?’ TOP asked chuckling as Dara glared at him. TOP raised his both hands in defense while laughing. ‘Well you two already got rings and bracelet,’ TOP said staring at her bracelet and ring as Dara quickly brought her hands behind her while blushing like crazy. TOP laughed at her as he quickly pinch both of her cheeks. ‘Cute!’ he said as Dara kicked his leg making him whine in pain. ‘Spoilsports!’ TOP whined as he rubbed his leg with Dara continuing to scan the items.

 

‘Can I get this?’ Dara asked as she pointed on one necklace displayed with the saleslady smiling at her as she got the necklace Dara pointed. ‘You really are good in this kind of stuffs,’ TOP complimented as he appeared next to her staring at the necklace she chose. She just smirked at him arrogantly as the latter rolled his eyes. They both chuckled.

 

After paying and getting the necklace wrapped they quickly went outside the store as they walked towards the road waiting for the stoplight as they were planning to cross the street. ‘Wait here for a bit I just need to buy something,’ TOP said as Dara nodded to him and with that he disappeared. Dara then took the box inside the paper bag she was holding as she stared at it with a smile on her lips, somehow she was excited to give it to him. Hold yourself unnie.

 

 

‘Noona I bought that for you because I know you’ll like it,’

‘Mom helped me in choosing that for you,’

 

 

Dara shook her head as she shut her eyes tightly. She then took a stepped backward as she saw a child looking at her. ‘Noona,’ the child called her as she was quickly consumed by shock that she let go of the box she was holding.

 

 

‘Thank you for the gift my sweet brother,’

‘No biggies noona I love seeing it when you smile,’

 

 

She stared at the box as it rolled to the road and without thinking she followed it to pick it up. Screams filled the place as she turned her head to the right only to see a bus coming her way with a loud beeping sound.

 

The last thing she knew was she was consumed by a white light with TOP’s voice drowning in her ears as he was shouting her name loudly.

 

‘DARA!!!!’

 

 

...

 

The place was dark and it has an eerie silence all over it. She was sitting on the floor hands tied with a rope behind her. She opened her eyes as she looked all over the place. She then started to hear a sobbing next to her. ‘Sanghyun...’she called as the boy next to her looked at her and broke into loud cries. ‘Noona I’m so sorry,’ the boy cried loudly as she shook her head. ‘Shhh... don’t cry it’s not your fault,’ she smiled assuring him.

 

‘But if I didn’t crossthe street then this won’t happen,’ he cried once more. ‘Sanghyun it’s okay it’s not your fault,’ she said gently as she was trying to calm him. The door opened as they both looked at the shadows entering the room. There were about four big guys who entered the room and were talking to each other yet the only thing she can understand was ransom, company and call their parents.

 

 

 

Dara slowly stirred from her sleep as she slowly fluttered her eyes opened. Bright lights filled her vision as it slowly becoming clear. She pushed herself up and welcomed by her crying mother with her father and with Jiyong holding her hands tightly smiling sweetly at her. She roamed her eyes as she saw she was inside a white huge room, on a white bed with tubes connected on her hand as bandages was wrapped on her arm and even on her head.

 

‘What happened?’ she asked as Jiyong moved closer to her. ‘You were caught in an accident,’ he answered in a low voice as he kissed her hair. Dara stared at him for a while as everything rushed inside her head. Her eyes widened as her heart thumped loudly against her chest. ‘Tabi...’ she whispered. ‘Where is TOP?’ she asked as panic ate her heart as worry washed her pale. She remembered that TOP tried to push her away from the road when the bus was fast approaching. She can remember his arms on her and the warmth of it still lingering on it.

 

‘WHERE IS TOP!!?’ she shouted as no one gave her an answer. She quickly climbed off the bed as she pulled all the things connected on her arm despite the protests of her parents and Jiyong.

She then went out of the room as she was welcomed by the long white corridor of the hospital. She doesn’t know where to start searching for him. Jiyong quickly hold her hand as Dara snapped her head to him. ‘Let me take you to him,’ he said with a faint smile as Dara nodded with lips pressing on a thin line. Her hand was trembling terriby as Jiyong gave her a small squeeze.

 

Dara’s heart was beating erratically against her chest as she looked at the door of his room. Jiyong grabbed the knob and turned it as he pushed it to open. She almost fell on the floor if only Jiyong wasn’t holding her as his sight welcomed him. He got it worser than her. He was almost wrapped in bandages and more apparatus connected on his body. She stared at Bom holding his hand sitting on the corner of the bed and their friends standing and waiting there.

 

Her tears streamed as she snuggled to Jiyong, as the latter rubbed her shoulder trying to calm her down. ‘Noona,’ Seungri called as he went to Dara and talked to her for comfort. ‘Did he already wake up?’ she asked forcing her voice out fighting her cries. Her friends nodded. ‘He’s just resting now,’ Bom smiled faintly as she was rubbing her fingers on his hand. Dara finally broke down in tears as Jiyong held her tightly. ‘I’m sorry...’ she cried again and again as everyone kept on telling her it was not her fault.

 

TOP slowly stirred from his sleep as he fluttered his eyes open. He then turned to see where the sobbing was coming from. Dara was sitting on the sofa with Jiyong besides her trying to comfort her. Bom was being attentive next to him like his friends. ‘Can Dara and I talk alone?’ he voiced out as everyone fell silent. Bom smiled. ‘Sure, guys come on let them talk,’ she said as she stood up and grabbed Jiyong’s wrist and pulled him up. ‘Let’s leave them first okay?’ she asked smiling as everyone gave a nod. ‘Call me if you need something,’ Bom smiled sweetly on TOP as the latter gave a timid nod on her. In seconds the two of them were left inside the room as Dara stood up and walked towards him as she stood there staring at him

 

Her tears quickly streamed down her cheeks as she brought her hands to cover . ‘Sorry,’ she mumbled between her sob as TOP let out a chuckled. ‘Don’t be you’re wasting my heroic act, aishh!’ he said between his chuckles. ‘Stupid! Who told you to save me! I didn’t ask you to save me! Heck you should have let me die,’ she said as she roughly wiped her tears off. TOP held her hand tightly as he gave it a squeeze.

 

‘I told you I love you and I will do anything for you... I’ll even die for you,’

 

She stared at him, trying to be tough, trying to swallow reality right in front of her. He looked at her with a weak smile on his lips as he handed her gently a familiar item that she almost forgot. Then in seconds she broke down into tears as she started crying like a child who was lost, a child who was hurt, a child who don't know what to do.

 

 


 

 

 

After finishing all tests and taking her rest Dara was finally discharged by the hospital. Dara smiled as she laced her fingers with his. Jiyong pulled her closer to him as he landed a kiss on her forehead. Dara just stared at him with a smile.

 

They were walking on the corridor when they passed by his room. ‘Aren’t you going to bid goodbye to him?’ Jiyong asked as Dara smiled faintly and shook her head. ‘No...’ she answered timidly. ‘What for? I will visit him anyways tomorrow,’ she added as Jiyong nodded on her. ‘Let’s go,’ she said as they quickly paced out of the hospital.

 

‘How about let’s go on a date first?’ Dara asked smiling as Jiyong stared at her. ‘Don’t you want to rest or go home now?’ he asked. ‘Aishh! I have been resting for almost a week don’t you think I had enough?’ she asked making him chuckle. ‘Fine,’ he answered. ‘So where do you wanna go?’ he asked as he pulled her closer to him. ‘How about we leave our things first in your car and take a walk and have a normal date,’ she suggested as he quickly saluted her. ‘Aye ma’am!’ he answered making them both laugh.

 

After leaving their things on his car they then went to a park as they went for a walk while holding each other’s hand as they were telling endless stories and eating their ice cream. Dara smiled as he pointed an establishment to Jiyong, it was an indoor skating rink. ‘You want to skate?’ he asked a bit surprised. ‘Why not? I’m good at it!’ she huffed in pride as Jiyong shook his head chuckling.

 

Jiyong gently fixed her scarf as she was looking at him smiling. He then held her hand as they went inside the rink and by the time they stepped inside Dara quickly lost her balance and could have fall if Jiyong was not holding her. ‘I thought you’re good at this?’ he asked laughing as he pulled Dara and pressed her closer to him as she just keep on losing her balance. ‘I actually never skated before,’ she shyly mumbled as she blushed deeply making Jiyong laugh. ‘Let me teach you,’ he whispered on her ears as Jiyong then placed a distanced between them as he held both of her hands teaching her how to balance.

 

They were both laughing as Dara always fall on the rink as she will pout and whine about it. Jiyong then held her hand as they started to skate more like they were dancing on ice and Dara can’t help not to smile and feel giddy at his sweetness. Dara then pulled closer to him as she landed a quick peck on his lips. He was caught off guard as his lips spread into a smile as he pulled her to him and claimed her lips as they kissed each other sweetly. Both just drown in bliss. Dara then pulled something out of his pocket as she reached for him and lock it on him.

 

‘Happy 100th day Kwon erted Jiyong,’ she smiled at him as Jiyong laughed at her. ‘I thought I’m the only one who remembered it,’ he whispered as claimed her lips sweetly. ‘Where’s my gift?’ she asked pouting. ‘I don’t have any,’ he answered as Dara grimaced and playfully hit him on his shoulder. ‘And here I am expecting,’ she said. ‘Aishh!’ she exclaimed shaking her head.

 

Then she suddenly noticed everyone leaving the rink. ‘Oops I think they are closing. Let’s go,’ Dara said as she pulled Jiyong but the latter didn’t move. ‘Aishh! Jiyong let’s go,’ Dara growled as Jiyong just held her hand and made her spin. ‘What the ! Jerk we are in a skating rink not in a dance floor!’ Dara exclaimed as she almost lost her balanced good thing Jiyong quickly wrapped his arm around her waist. ‘I know,’ he whispered as the lights slowly went off as Dara started panicking.

 

‘Do you know I love you?’ he asked as Dara stared at him. ‘Aish! Tell me that later after we get out of here they are closing the place!’ Dara yelped. ‘And did you know that I was about to ask you to go here but you beat me to it?’ he asked as the lights went back and as it started raining balloon both in white and red colors, together with confettis and petals of roses. ‘Oh gahd! What is this don’t tell me you’re being mushy here! YAH!’ Dara exclaimed as she turned beet red out of suppressed giddiness. I told you unnie just let it out.

 

Jiyong then pulled her closer as music filled the whole place. He then started singing as Dara’s voiced drowned in the melody as she wasn’t able to say a single thing. He was singing her a song and it was a song he wrote himself, it was for her. It was her song. Dara felt the corner of her eyes sting as she listened to his song while struggling for balance inside the ice rink. ‘Gahd you’re so corny!’ Dara exclaimed as she wiped her tears. ‘Can you be more honest?’ Jiyong laughed as Dara laughed at him. ‘Fine!’ she exclaimed clinging her arms on his nape as he pulled him and claimed her lips. ‘I love you stupid erted dimwit and all too corny Kwon Jiyong,’ she said as Jiyong laughed. ‘I bet I love you more,’ he retorted as they started their endless bickering once more.

 

 


 

 

Dara sat on the edge of his bed roaming her eyes all over his room as if she was memorizing every detail of it inside her head. He then came out from his bathroom drying his hair using a towel only wearing his gray sweat pants. She smiled at him as she stood up. Jiyong looked at her smiling. Dara then moved to him and claimed his lips. ‘I got another gift for you,’ she whispered between their kiss as she started roaming her hands all over his body with him getting what she meant. Jiyong pulled her closer as he deepened the kiss. He then scooped her as gently laid her on the bed as their kiss deepened each seconds as heat crawled all over their body.

 

Dara let out a moan as Jiyong gently removed her shirt and shorts leaving her on her black underwear. Dara pulled his pants off as they were still kissing each other. Jiyong’s lips travelled from the corner of her lips down to her stomach making her arc in the pleasure that his lips was bringing her that it was driving her insane. In seconds without knowing it they were both as their body was pressing, burning in sensation that their touching skin brought to them.