Chapter 52

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a while but here I am.

My summer course have ended.

I'm tryna update before school starts in late August.

Will update tomorrow! <3

Haneul was looking outside from the open window, the sun was bright and the cool breeze made its way inside. The sounds of paper rustling began to make her feel irritated. She turned her head to look at Hanbyul who was busy working.

“Do you have to work in my room?” Haneul asked.

Hanbyul didn’t lift his head up to look at her. He was busy looking over the files that Haneul had found along with the drugs.

“I have to keep my eyes on you.” Hanbyul said.

Haneul rolled her eyes and tried to use her left hand to roll herself over to him but it was no use. She sprained her left leg and broke her right leg along with her right arm that cushioned her fall. She was glad that her spine was intact or else she was never going to walk again. She tried to push herself over to him but she only went in a circle.

“A little help please.” Haneul said.

Hanbyul placed the papers down on the table and glared at her. Haneul decided to smile so it would make him less angry. He came over to her and pushed the wheelchair across from his seat. He took a seat and continued to look at the papers and sign documents. Haneul couldn’t help but stare at some of the papers.

“Can you move your the other sheet of paper so I can see what eles is listed in the drugs.” Hanenul said.

Hanbyul stopped working and looked up at her which caused her to roll her eyes.

“You had me worried, you got high on the drugs and then you got high on morphine at the hospital for a whole week. You looked like a drug addict going through withdrawal when we came home.” Hanbyul said.

“It couldn’t be helped, my whole body was in pain from the fall.” Haneul said.

“I should have told them to decrease the morphine.” Hanbyul said.

“Why? It was a nice feeling though.” Haneul said.

Hanbyul glared at her and she nodded her head, she was wrong for bothering him. Hanbyul looked at the clock and it was almost 2pm.

“I forgot to give you your meds at noon and we should eat something too.” Hanbyul said.

Haneul nodded her head and while Hanbyul stood up and gathered the papers into a pile. He wheeled her out of the room and they made their way to the stairs. There were two guards standing at the stairs, Hanbyul made his way down to the kitchen first. One guard carried her down while the other carried her wheelchair down. Haneul was placed back into her wheelchair and one guard wheeled her to the kitchen. She put her left hand up to motion him to stop, he bent down to her level.

“Can you let Doctor Oh know that I want some more pain medications.” Haneul said.

“I’m sorry Haneul, Hanbyul gave out a warning last time you did that. I don’t want to lose my job.” He said.

He continued to wheel her to the dining room while Haneul complained to the guard.

“Let him do his job, you need to focus on eating and taking your meds.” Hanbyul said.

Haneul looked away from Hanbyul but he laughed at her. Hanbyul wheeled her into the dinning room and took a seat next to her as they waited for their food to come out.

“You really need to stop taking pain medication. Doctor Oh told me that you are addicted to it.” Hanbyul said.

“My body hurts, so I need them.” Haneul said.

“Doctor Oh told me that you are recovering well and you will stop taking pain medications in two days since your dose is getting decreased.” Hanbyul said.

The maids brought out their meal and were busy setting it out on the table. Haneul couldn’t take anymore of this talk from Hanbyul and snapped at him.

“I need it! You’re not hurt like me!” Haneul yelled.

Hanbyul hit his hand on the table and Haneul looked away from him as they sat there in silence. The maids quickly finished setting the table and quickly left the dining room to the kitchen. She knew his patient with her was running thin and he was not going to give her what she wanted. After Hanbyul calmed down a bit, he wrapped his arms around Haneul and pulled her close to him. He rubbed her back and tried to make amends with her but Haneul refused to look at him.

“Why do you need it? What do you want to get high from? Who did you kill or what is bothering you?” Hanbyul asked.

Haneul didn’t answer him but she knew inside her heart what was really bothering her. It happened during the busy week before she left for the warehouses. The time was ticking away but she could do nothing about it.

The folders on Haneul’s desk started to decrease, she wanted to finish as much as possible before her trip down to the warehouses. There was a knock on the door and Haneul lifted her head up to see Huan running towards her while Kris and Soojin walked into her office.

“Huan.” Haneul said.

Haneul wrapped her arms around Huan and kissed his chubby cheek. Haneul stood up with Huan in her arms and Soojin handed her a bouquet of flowers.

“Did you pick these out?” Haneul asked.

Haneul looked at Huan who nodded his head and kissed her cheek while wrapping his arms around her neck. Haneul giggled with him and placed the flowers down on her desk. Soojin reached her hand out and held onto Haneul’s hand.

“So will you let us take you to lunch?” Soojin asked.

“We also want to tell you something too.” Kris said.

Haneul nodded and looked at Huan who was playing with her hair.

“Where should we go to lunch?” Hanuel asked.

“We reserved a big room for all of us and the Exo members.” Soojin said.

“So it’s a get together and an announcement.” Haneul asked.

“Yes, sort of.” Kris said.

“Great, I was just drowning in this pile of files. So if we could leave now before my secretary comes back, that would be great.” Haneul said.

Haneul let Huan down and held his hand while Soojin held her other hand. Kris walked behind them as they left her office. The car ride there was mostly Haneul playing with Huan in the backseat. She watched as Kris and Soojin held hands in the front, he caressed her hand slowly with his thumb and Soojin placed her other hand over his. Haneul noticed how quiet Kris and Soojin were and she didn’t know what to expect. Once they arrived at the location, they were outside of a hotel that Kris owned. Haneul held Huan in her arms as she talked to Soojin on the way up to the room. Haneul tried to talk to Kris so it wouldn’t seem awkward but he was only responding with a yes or no. Hanuel shook it off and continued to play with Huan. Soojin held the door open and Haneul walked into the room and there was loud cheering. She saw the rest of the members. They came towards her and engulfed her in a group hug followed by single hugs and small talk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter