Chapter 9

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul sat down in the chair and looked straight at the man, he looked back at her.

“Please move to the side, turn your face over here a bit.”

There were flashes here and there, Haneul tried her best to make the photoshoot go well.

“Sit on the chair and cross your legs.”

Haneul sat down and did as told, she smiled and flipped her hair.

“That’s a wrap.” He said.

Haneul got up and thanked everyone, she made her way over to Simon and he hugged her.

“You did a great job for your first day.” Simon said.

“Will it really not be published outside of the state?” Haneul asked.

“No, it’s a local magazine for the city. It won’t go as far as around the world.” Simon said.

“That good then.” Haneul said.

“Let’s go out and eat something for lunch.” Simon said.

“Okay this time I will pay.” Haneul said.

“Fine but you better have a lot because I’m hungry.” Simon said.

“I do.” Haneul said.

 

 

Haneul walked into her old run down apartment to retrieve her mail. She exited and walked to the nearest bus stop, she boarded the bus and sat in the middle. She placed her bag on her lap and looked at the three letters.

 

Dearest Lily,

 

I’ve read your last letter and I am worried.

How are you doing?

Please do keep taking your medication.

Lately, I’ve been caught up in my work at the hospital.

How have you’ve been lately.

Kyle <3

 

She would have to wait to go home and read the letter under the candlelight. Then the next letter caught her eyes, she was not surprised. She opened up the letter from Kris and there was nothing but a blank folded letter. She was going to throw it away but then again, maybe there was something on it. She sat back in her seat, watching outside the window. Cars passing by, flashing lights and people moving.

 

Kris smashed his hand down on the table, he was so pissed. Luhan just broke the news to him that maybe Jackals had turned the ion ring into a mess and 8 of his men were dead.

“Get my car ready, I need to speak to Jackals now.” Kris said.

Luhan watched as Kris stormed out of the room, he ran after Kris and Chen tagged along. Once they arrived at Jackals Headquarters, he demanded to see the Leader.

“I’m sorry but he did not come in today.” The assistant said.

“I need to see him.” Kris growled.

“Please wait in his office.” She said.

They were lead into Kibum’s office, he was not there. They sat on the couch and waited for him to show up. An hour, two hours and no signs of Kibum coming.

“How long will I wait.” Chen said.

“Stop complaining.” Luhan sid.

“I tagged along because I thought there would be a show to watch.” Chen said.

Just when Kris was going to get up and leave, an assistant came in and greeted them.

“Kibum will be here in 30 minutes, President was in the hospital this morning and Kibum just called five minutes ago to let me know.” She said.

“I will wait for him.” Kris said.

“I will bring some refreshments.” She said.

The assistant left the room and a few minute later returned with drinks, placing them on the table. The door opened and Kibum came walking in, Kris noticed the blood stains on his white shirt. The assistant bowed and walked out of the room, Kibum sat on his desk chair and looked at Kris.

“Finally the main event tonight arrives.” Chen chuckled.

“What is this meeting about.” Kibum asked.

“Did you invade my ion ring.” Kris asked.

“How could I, I just got home from abroad and a few hours ago my grandfather went to the emergency room at the hospital.” Kibum said.

“Are you freaking lying to me right now.” Kris said.

“I did not do anything, why would I invade Haneul's properties.” Kibum said.

Kris’ attitude flared up, he got up and grabbed Kibum by the collar and pointed his gun at his temple. Luhan got up and grabbed Kris, Chen stopped laughing.

“Don’t you even…”

“Kris, calm down.” Luhan said.

“I’m not scared, he won’t do anything to me.” Kibum said.

“Don’t poke his buttons, you don’t know.” Chen said.

“I know, Haneul told me about him. He says he will do thing and then he doesn’t, all talk no action.” Kibum said.

Kris clicked the trigger, Kibum didn’t even flinch. Luhan backed away and Chen stood up to get a better look. Kibum gently grabbed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter