Chapter 7

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone waited nervously for the doctor, they stood out by the operating room. Suho walked over to Kris, placing his hand on his shoulder.

“He’ll make it, Haneul will come back.” Suho said.

Kris sat down with his head leaned over his chest, his mind was everywhere. He didn’t know what to do anymore, he didn’t know what the future held for him. After waiting for hours, the doctor came out and everyone rushed to his side.

“Will he be alright.” Kris asked.

“We are not sure, there was no problem with the surgery. We will have to wait til the patient is conscious. Then we can began testing him to see if there are effects.” He said.

Everyone pulled each other into group hugs, Suho broke free and walked to the Doctor.

“Can we visit him yet?” Suho asked.

“We have moved him to the VIP hall, you may go up and see him.” He said.

“Thank you Doc, thank you.” Suho bowed.

The Doctor patted Suho’s shoulder and walked down the hall, the group recollected and board the elevator. Once they arrived to the room, Kris went to Gramps side. He grabbed on to his hand and pulled it up to his face. Kris placed his cheek next to Gramps hand, he looked at him.

“Gramps, I will do whatever it take to get Haneul back, no matter what will happen. I promise to do the best for Darts and make sure there is peace.” Kris said.

Everyone gathered around the bed, they all looked down at Gramps. Inside their hearts, they knew Haneul would of crying and worried for Gramps but they knew somewhere, wherever she was, she would be looking out for them. Their precious angel was looking over them.

Haneul looked out the big windows, the sky was blue and the clouds fluffy. She watched as the birds flew by and the people walking past the windows. Her heart was unsettled, she missed something.

“Lily, can you bring these drinks over to the table by the door.” Jenny said.

Haneul walked to the table with the drinks, she set them down on the table.

“Here are your…”

“Haneul.”

Haneul looked up from the drinks to the person, her eyes widen. The other person grabbed her hands, pulling them towards him.

“I knew it was you.”

“Simon.”

“Haneul, it's been years. We should catch up sometime.” Simon said.

“Sure, but not right now because I’m working.” Haneul smiled.

“When do you get off work.” Simon asked.

“I get off at 7:30.” Haneul said.

Simon looked at his phone, 4:25.

“I’ll wait and come back then.” Simon said.

“It’s fine.” Haneul said.

“No darling, I have to come back.” Simon said.

“I’ll see you later than.” Haneul said.

Haneul smiled to him and then she turned back to her work, preparing drinks and greeting people. After a long hard day, she was ready to leave. She grabbed her bag and hugged Jenny before leaving the cafe. Haneul swung her bag over her shoulder, she waved to her coworkers. Once she opened the door, there was a car parked in front of the cafe. The window slid down and Simon leaned towards the window.

“Get in, let’s get something to eat.” He smiled.

Haneul walked to his car and opened the door, she placed her bag on her lap. She put the seat belt on and looked at Simon.

“Where are we going?” Haneul asked.

“There’s this place that I love, don’t worry it's not expensive.” Simon winked.

“Yah, if the girls at my workplace knew you liked men they would kill me.” Haneul said.

“Why, were they checking me out?” Simon laughed.

“They were, you just know it.” Haneul said.

“Do they have brothers, or perhaps boyfriends I could steal.” Simon laughed.

“Yah! Don't ruin people's relationship.” Haneul said.

“Just kidding, how have you been sugar.” Simon said.

“Great, everything is good.” Haneul said.

“Why are you in the States, vacation?” Simon asked

“No, I live here now.” Haneul said.

“With your family too?” Simon asked.

“No, just me. I need a new start.” Haneul said.

“Where are you staying? If you don’t have a place, you can stay with me. My last roommate left because…”

“You was hitting on him?” Haneul asked.

“No, She was pregnant and her husband wanted her to move in with him.” Simon finished.

“Oh, it was a girl.” Haneul said.

“Ofcourse.” Simon said.

He parked his car on the side of the street, he got out and so did Haneul. She stood in front of an italian restaurant, Simon placed his hand on her shoulder.

“I know that we both like pasta so this is my favorite place to eat.” Simon said.

“Wow, you still remember the days in high school where we eat out when I snuck out of school.” Haneul said.

“How can I not, we’re besties forever.” Simon said.

“Let’s go in.” Haneul said.

She grabbed Simon's arm and pulled him behind her, they were escorted to their table. Haneul sat down next to the window and Simon ast down, his face was red. They ordered their food and Haneul looked out the window and then she caught Simon who was patting his cheeks.

“You think the waiter was cute.” Haneul said.

“How can you know.” Simon said.

“He is, the blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a nice body too.” Haneul said.

“Maybe, I’ll ask for his number.” Simon said.

“Go for it.” Haneul said.

Their food came and they began eating, Haneul kept looking out the window at the stars.

“What’s so interesting that you keep looking outside.” Simon said.

“Nothing but my heart is feeling uneasy.” Haneul said.

“Do think too much of it. Tell me now, when did you get to the States.” Simon asked.

“I arrived here a month ago and I began working at the cafe two weeks ago.” Haneul said.

“Do you have a place to stay, it’s too dangerous for you to live by yourself. Move in with me, please sugar.” Simon whined.

“I was going to ask you if I could move in but since you asked, I will come willingly.” Haneul smiled.

“That’s more like it.” Simon said.

They began eating their food and when they finished they paid and got back into Simon’s car. They drove to Haneul small apartment, Simon got out and he looked at Haneul.

“Why is everything so trashy and there's broken glass everywhere and this neighborhood makes me scared.” Simon said.

“It's not that bad.” Haneul said.

Before going to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter