Chapter 21

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dr. Lee opens his eyes and he sees an empty bed next to him. He heard the door close and then he chuckled. He sat up, scratching his head. He looks at his watch and it was almost 9 am.

“Where are you going so early in the morning?” Dr. Lee asked.

Haneul closed the door and walked to her room. She ran into Chanyeol and Kai and they stop as they saw her. Their eyes traveled down to look at her torso area. Kai walked to her and grabbed her arm, he touched the dried tattered shirt. Chanyeol crossed his arms and gave her a look.

“What happened?” Kai asked.

“I heard you and Kris yesterday. I’m pretty sure everyone in the whole west wing did.” Chanyeol said.

“I’m alright, I have a meeting to attend to soon.” Haneul said.

Haneul pulled Kai’s hand away and continued walking towards her room. Chanyeol received a punch on his side, he turned to look at Kai.

“Could it kill you to at least act like you care.” Kai said.

“It’s not like I don’t care. She doesn't like it when we get in her business.” Chanyeol said.

“But hyung…”

“Let’s set out before Kris wakes up.” Chanyeol said.

“What about Xiumin?” Kai asked.

“He’s staying in to take care of Huan. Baekhyun already headed out this morning to the office.” Chanyeol said.

“Let’s go then.” Kai said.

Haneul entered her room and went straight to her closet and pulled out a clean gray shirt and black skinny jeans. She slipped her clothes off and put on her new clothes. She picked up her clothes and was going to put them in the laundry basket by the door but as she turned around Kris was standing in the doorway. He was staring at her with his arms crossed over his chest.

“Where are you going?” Kris asked.

“Why didn’t you knock?” Haneul asked.

Haneul placed her clothes into the basket and returned to her closet to grab a pair of socks and her black high tops.

“It’s my house.” Kris said.

“Rude.” Haneul said.

She sat on her bed and put her shoes on, Kris moved towards her.

“But where are you going right now?” Kris asked.

He stood in front of her and waiting for her answer. Haneul finished tying her shoes and stood up. Kris placed his hand on her stomach and pushed her to sit down again. Haneul groaned in pain, Kris bent down and lifted her shirt. The blood was slowly seeping from her wound onto the white cotton.

“I’m sorry, I forgot.” Kris said.

Haneul rolled her eyes at him and stood up pushing him to the side. She went to her closet and grabbed her black bomber jacket. She put it on and turned to look at him as he sat on the ground.

“I’ll be back around 6 tonight.” Haneul said.

Haneul left the room and Kris sat there wondering what she was going to be doing for that long.

 

Haneul exited the car and it stayed parked there waiting for her to return. Haneul walked into the small building and there was two of Jino’s men standing by the elevator. Haneul got on and the door closed, the guard hit the emergency button and Haneul looked at him curiously. She saw a small panel open outward and then he pushed the hidden button inside. The elevator suddenly drops and she felt like she was free falling until it stopped. Haneul regained her balance and stood up straight. The doors open and she steps outside with the man leading her way. She noticed it was dark and there were pipes running along the ceiling. It was moist but cool and she heard their footsteps echo in the tunnel. As they made their way to the end of the tunnel there was white plastic curtains. The man used his hand and moved it out of the way. Haneul walked into the room and saw that there were cells on both sides of the room with many girls inside. The girls were all sitting and they watched her as she walked to the middle. Jino stood up from his seat and bowed to Haneul. She took his seat and looked at the man who had his wrist and ankles chained to the cement wall. Haneul crossed her legs and stared up to the man.

“Who told you to do this in my city?” Haneul asked.

He lifted his head and grinned at Haneul, she smirked back at him.

“Who knew I would get in trouble.” He said.

“Joonki, your illegal drug trade cost your downfall. Now you want to start a ion ring in my city.” Haneul said.

“I was wrong but I needed the money and he…”

“Who is he?” Haneul cut in.

“Jaeseok.” Joonki siad.

Haneul stood up and grabbed him by the collar and stared into his eyes.

“Tell me where he is hiding? What is motive?” Haneul demanded.is

“I can’t say what his motive is but he holds something precious to me.” Joonki said.

“What do you need?” Haneul asked.

“He has my girl.” Joonki said.

“Did she work for me?” Haneul asked.

“Yes.” Joonki said.

“Tell me his back.” Haneul said.hide out and I’ll bring her

“My men can take you there but we must wait a few days. Right now he is currently in Japan.” Joonki said.

Haneul let him go and came back to stood next to Jino.

“Take the girls and treat their wounds. We’ll house them until they are able to go back to their lives.” Haneul said.

Haneul turned around to leave when Joonki called out to her.

“What about me?” Joonki asked.

Haneul turned around and glared at him. She smirked and walked back towards him. She reached her hand to the wooden panel on the side of the wall and grabbed a whip. She pulled her hand back and with all her strength she smashed the whip onto his stomach. The echo if his screams filled the room, the girls all huddled together

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter