Chapter 23

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul closed her door and pulled her hoodie over head as she walked down the hall. She bumped into someone and peeked up to see Lay standing there. Lay pulled the hood down and pulled her hair out and fixed the hoodie. Haneul watched his actions and she smiled.

“Thanks.” Haneul said.

Lay patted her head and smiled back.

“Where are you going so early?” Lay asked.

“I’m going to Hyunmoo’s place.” Haneul said.

“Alright, take care of yourself.” Lay said.

Haneul noticed how he was blinking and shaking his head to stay awake.

“You should go to bed, you look tired.” Haneul said.

“I’m on my way to bed but I gotta check up on Huan. He’s in D.O room, it’s my turn to watch him.” Lay said.

Haneul groaned and rolled her eyes.

“It’s Kris’ child, why do you guys have to watch him. I barely see Kris take care of him.” Haneul said.

“It’s because we want to help him out, everyone is busy but Kris is busier with taking on being the leader.” Lay said.

“I guess but it’s not my problem.” Haneul said.

Haneul rolled her eyes and walked away but Lay wrapped his arms around her shoulders. She could feel his warmth on her back and she didn’t bother to turn around and look at him.

“Haneul, we’re family. Family stays together and help each other.” Lay said.

“I know but I’m not family.” Haneul said.

“You’re are little sister.” Lay said.

“That was already out of the picture when I was supposed to marry Kris.” Haneul said.

“I know but your like my only little sister. I love you and want you to be happy.” Lay said.

“I know Lay but right now everyone is tense, I can sense it.” Haneul said.

“I know.” Lay said.

“Alright then, I have to get going.” Haneul said.

“Promise to be home at?” Lay asked.

“Maybe like 10pm?” Haneul said.

“I’ll order your favorite pizza and chicken. Don’t keep me and the others waiting.” Lay said.

Lay released her and Haneul turned around to face him. Lay rubbed her head and smiled.

“I’ll see you later then.” Lay said.

“Alright oppa.” Haneul said.

Lay smiled even wider.

“Oppa? I told you it’s gege.” Lay said.

“Alright then gege.” Haneul said.

Lay watched as Haneul turned around and noticed a little red dot blinking by the rim of her hoodie.

“Really Kris, to go as far as put little tracking devices on her clothes.” Lay said.

Lay shook his head and walked down the hall to D.O room.

 

Haneul sat in the car and Hyunmoo by her side, he looked at her.

“Are you sure you want to do this alone?” Hyunmoo asked.

“I’ll get in and get Louis. Then leave this place. Give me an hour or probably like 45 mins.” Haneul said.

“Fine but after time is up, I’m coming in with my men.” Hyunmoo said.

“Alright then.” Haneul said.

Haneul stepped out of the car and closed the door behind her. She began walking down to the harbor and she kept an eye out incase anyone would jump out and harm her. She made her way to the front of the building and two men greeted her. Haneul got suspicious when they didn’t pat her down for weapons. She walked with them through the building, keeping an eye out. They took the elevator down to the bottom floor. They stepped out and she immediately noticed Louis. He was out cold on the ground, tied up with his hands behind his back. Haneul saw him breathing and she knew he wasn’t dead. They walked her to the chair in the middle of the room.

“Where is Jaeseok?” Haneul asked.

“Please take a seat.” He said.

Haneul took a seat and the two men left, she looked around. There was only three doors and the elevator behind her. She was sure that there was only one exit. She didn’t want to find out what could be behind those other doors. The man walked into the room holding up a laptop. Haneul stared at Jaeseok and he smiled evilly to her.

“Welcome Haneul.” Jaeseok said.

Haneul glared at him, he laughed so hard.

“Look at your little friend, barely holding onto life. You got to give him some loyalty points. He is one tough cookie to crack.” Jaeseok said.

“I’m here, what do you want from me?” Haneul said.

“Let’s play a game. If you win you walk away from here but if you lose you die here and can’t revenge your family.” Jaeseok said.

“Sick bastard.” Haneul said.

“I know.” Jaeseok laughed.

Jaeseok looked back at her and she was itching to kill him. He stopped laughing and clapped his hands together and gave her a look of hatred.

“You noticed the three doors, there are five men in the first door on the right. The doors are wired to be released once I press this button.” Jaeseok said.

Jaeseok shows the device and pretends to press it.

“Once I press the button you have to defeat all the men in the room. I can’t see so I don’t know if you do but I will press this button again five minutes later. It will then release who know how many men in the next room. Then another five minutes I will do the same. That's the game.” Jaeseok said.

“Where are you?” Haneul asked.

“Me, I’m nowhere near here.” Jaeseok laughs.

“You set me up.” Haneul said.

“You didn't have to come.” Jaeseok said.

They glare at each other and Haneul begins to think of a way to make it out with Louis and the only one exit. She looked over to him and turned back to the screen.

“The games begins now. “ Jaeseok said.

Jaeseok pushes the button and Haneul hears the door on the right click. She doesn’t look over and maintains eye contact with him.

“See you.” Jaeseok said.

The screen goes blank and the laptop is dropped to the floor. Haneul quickly reaches into her pocket and pulls her gun out. She shoots the man that was holding the laptop. He falls to the ground and no movement from him. Haneul looks up and there are five men standing in front of her, no guns. Only wood stakes and metal pipes, she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter