Chapter 14

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol closes the door after him, he makes his way over to Sehun. Sehun is looking at the crates of rifles and three more big boxes on the left side of him. Chanyeol plops down on the couch and lays down on his back. Sehun keeps inspecting the rifles one by one.

“There was no sign of Haneul there.” Chanyeol said.

“Probably was not in her interest.” Sehun said.

“I’m starting to think that she disappeared for real now.” Chanyeol said.

“She’s gone.” Sehun said.

Chanyeol moves over and something pokes his back. He reaches his hand there and pulls out a phone. He turns on the phone and there is three messages on the lock screen.

 

Haneul: Sehun, where are the files?

 

Haneul: I need it now.

 

Haneul: Sehun?

 

Chanyeol sat up and crossed his legs, he leaned back into the couch.

“Sehun, someone texted you.” Chanyeol said.

“I don’t hear it.” Sehun said.

“Oh, I definitely heard it loud and clear.” Chanyeol said.

Sehun searched his pockets and jacket, he turned around and Chanyeol held out the phone.

“So, is this person really Haneul?” Chanyeol asked.

Sehun stood up and walked over, Chanyeol crossed his arms and put the phone in his pocket.

“Hyung… I swear… I did not…”

“Save it.” Chanyeol said.

Sehun sat down next to Chanyeol and leaned his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“Tell me now. Did you help her?” Chanyeol asked.

“Hyung, you have to promise me.” Sehun said.

“We have to tell Kris.” Chanyeol said.

“We can’t, she working on a project right now.” Sehun said.

“What project?” Chanyeol asked.

“I’m not sure, she has been asking for files from crimes that happened awhile back.” Sehun said.

“Then what about the wedding?” Chanyeol asked.

“I helped her, Tao doesn’t know.” Sehun said.

The door creaked and both of them looked over, it was Tao and Lay. Lay walks in and sits down next to Chanyeol.

“When did you guys get here?” Sehun asked.

Tao walks over and pulls a chair to them, he sits and looks at Sehun.

“Since the part where you began running your mouth.” Tao said.

“Haneul is going to kill me now.” Sehun said.

Lay let out a laugh and Chanyeol laughed along.

“If it comes to Haneul, I think she would of not told anyone but why is it Sehun?” Lay said.

“Tell us Sehun.” Tao said.

“Fine since you guys are here.” Sehun said.

Sehun stood up and walked over to the cabinet, he pulled out a note and walked back to them. He handed it over to Tao and took his seat.

“This note was from Haneul, we planned everything from the beginning.” Sehun said.

“The papers are dried and wrinkled. There’s barely any writing left.” Tao said.

“I got this from Haneul and she asked me to help her.” Sehun said.

“How?” Lay asked.

“I walked into her and Dr. Lee’s meeting. I threaten to tell if she didn’t tell me.” Sehun said.

“Did you ever think that you might just be a pawn in her game?” Chanyeol asked.

Sehun looked blanked and then they all laughed at him.

“I think you’re a pawn.” Lay laughed.

“It’s Haneul, no one knows what she’s thinking.” Tao said.

“Hyung, from the last meeting. I caught her with Kangjun.” Sehun said.

“Where?” Lay asked.

“When me and Chanyeol were abroad buying the guns.” Sehun said.

“You ran into her and didn’t tell me.” Chanyeol said.

“Sorry, you didn’t know at that time.” Sehun said.

“Why is Kangjun in the States, he’s from France.” Lay said.

“He’s here for her.” Tao said.

“What?” Sehun said.

“Kangjun likes her, remember when there were rumors that Haneul was his fiance.” Tao said.

“There was a mafia war going on. Kangjun’s father was murdered by his long time friend. They had good evidence that framed Kangjun for murdering his father.” Lay said.

“Haneul helped him get out and had them arrested, now he runs the other mafia group too.” Chanyeol said.

“Why is it so complicated.” Sehun said.

“She’s valuable.” Lay said.

“She’s too involved in this underground world.” Tao said.

“I missed the old her.” Sehun said.

“Everyone does.” Lay said.

“I’ve been trying to convince her to come home.” Sehun said.

“I bet she disagreed.” Lay said.

“No, she told me that she will return once her job is done and try to marry Kris.” Sehun said.

“Try to?” Tao questioned.

“She said she will marry him because of Gramps.” Sehun said.

“Wow, a loveless marriage.” Tao said.

“A marriage with a child from another mother.”

Everyone went quiet, Lay, Chanyeol and Tao turned to face the door. They saw the rest of the members by the door.

“I know, if only…”

Sehun notices everyone is looking behind him. He turns and finds Luhan standing at the door with arms crossed. Behind him stood Kai, D.O., Chen, Baekhyun, Suho, and Xiumin. They all looked at them and everyone was quite.

“I… I...”

“Sehun.” Luhan said.

Sehun leaned over on Chanyeol’s shoulder and let out a sigh.

“Why do I always mess up.” Sehun whined.

Haneul sighed and leaned over when Sehun video call her. She saw the rest of the members b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter