Chapter 53

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey, I'm finally back again.

I will be doing a series of update for this story.

I hope to finish this story soon.

Hanbyul placed the papers on the desk in front of Haneul, she quickly grabbed it before he had a change of mind. She flipped through the pages while Hanbyul cleaned up her lunch. Haneul realized that the drugs she discovered were the drugs that went missing, they collected about two pallets in total.

“So the warehouses were decoys for the drugs then.” Haneul said.

“It’s being taken down now since all the evidence has been obtained and documented.” Hanbyul said.

“What was mixed in the drugs?” Haneul asked.

“They’re still testing it but one report states that it does contain a stimulant.” Hanbyul said.

Haneul placed the papers back into the file and looked at Hanbyul. She was tired of this case and wanted to get rid of it.

“Should we just hand it over to the police for now?” Haneul asked.

“I thought you wanted to look more into it before handing it over.” Hanbyul said.

Haneul sighed in frustration as Hanbyul handed the tray of food to a maid at the door. He turned to face Haneul who was using her hand to rub her temple harshly.

“I don’t have time to work on this.” Haneul said.

He walked towards her and held her hand back, she didn’t look at him and used her other hand to rub her temple.

“It’s weird that you're letting it go now.” Hanbyul said.

“I’m busy these days.” Haneul said.

Hanbyul let go of her hand and she clasped them together while he took the file from her. He moved it over to the drawer while Haneul's mind wandered off somewhere. Hanbyul turned back to her and he bent down by her side as he stared up at her.

“What’s wrong?” Hanbyul asked.

“Nothing.” Haneul said.

Hanbyul’s men have been updating him on the fact that Haneul was helping Soojin with her wedding. The wedding date was coming closer, Haneul was getting more and more hard to deal with. Hanbyul placed his hand on her cheek and turned her around to face him.

“You’re helping Soojin with her wedding… How's that going?” Hanbyul asked.

“Since I started using a crutch, it’s been less hard on Soojin with helping me in and out of the car… We’re choosing her wedding dress tomorrow.” Haneul said.

“Don’t you feel that she’s doing this on purpose… to hurt you. I don’t…”

Haneul moved her face away and grabbed her crutch. She stood up and turned back to face Hanbyul. She was angry with Hanbyul for saying that to her.

“Don’t say things like that about her. She’s not that bad… After all, I was quick to judge her before. Also we’ve matured now and know what is right from wrong.” Haneul said.

Hanbyul stood up and looked at her, he was tired of coaxing her. He opened his mouth and let every bad thought he had out.

“Didn’t you love Kris? You’ve waited for him so long and when he finally has you in his heart you’re going to let him go. You pushed him aside but look at how hurt you are. You’re overworking and not sleeping at night. You stop taking your meds and I don’t know if you’re even sane now. Why are you even helping Soojin with her wedding? You raised her child and held her family together. Now that she’s back and taking everything back from you. Why did you willingly give it back? Do you not feel hurt even the slightest? Do you not value your life, you did all this for him and now you have nothing!” Hanbyul yelled.

The silence was Hanbyul’s reply and he had enough of her .

“You’re a coward!” Hanbyul yelled.

“So what if I am a coward!” Haneul yelled.

Haneul tried to leave the room but she stopped and turned to look at him. She knew he was right but no one can stop her now, not even herself. She felt her head spin and then her heart wanting to stop. She remembered when she went to help Soojin on the first day, they went to pick out the wedding venue. She helped Soojin choose the menu then they were joined by Kris for a late lunch nearby. She saw how in love he was with Soojin from when he entered and kissed her temple to wrapping his arms around her. He greeted Haneul with a fist bump and took his seat next to Soojin. He would order her more food since she was eating too little and would wipe her hands after they finished eating but what hurt the most was when he would rub her lower belly and lean against her whispering things into her ear making her laugh and giggle. Haneul felt jealous but she knew it was not her place to want that, she would have had that but she gave it up before and there was no room for regrets. When they talked to her, she would smile and laugh to match their mood. Another day when they were having dinner together, Kris wrapped his arms around Soojin and gently kissed her on the lips. Haneul felt something inside of her wanting to burst but she subdued it and tried to be happy for them. She kept reminding herself that he didn’t choose her and the way she saw how he looked at Soojin was real love. It was something she never saw or received form him but why was she hurting inside.

“Haneul, are you okay?” Hanbyul asked.

Hanbyul stared at her as she didn’t move but stood there with her back towards him.

“Haneul?” Hanbyul asked.

Haneul let go of her crutch and she quickly covered her ears. She squatted down and started screaming and yelling. Hanbyul ran to her side and wrapped his arms around her. She was shaking and Hanbyul tried to calm her down. It took about ten minutes before she started breathing normally and calmed down. Hanbyul cried while holding her. He wanted to take back what he said.

“Why did you do this to yourself?” Hanbyul asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter