Chapter 5

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul sits on her bed, she looks at her ankle. There was a metal band around her leg, she can’t do anything. She can’t leave the mansion or her room, the maids bring her food up to her. She had been in her room for days now, she stares at the ceiling. She was slowly dieing in the inside, she wished she would've died that night. Then there was a knock on the door, Haneul looked over.

“What is it!” Haneul screamed.

“Master Kris is coming in.” She said.

“Tell him to go away!” Haneul yelled.

She picked up her bowl of food and threw it at the door, it smashed into pieces. Haneul looked at the door, she breathed in and out heavily. It’s the third time Kris visited her, she didn’t want to see him at all. She didn't know what she was going to do to him if she was alone with him. The door slowly opened, she grabbed her plate of food and was ready to throw it.

“Stop it Haneul, it’s Suho oppa.” Suho said.

Haneul set her food down, she watched him as he closed the door behind him. He walked around the broken glass and food, he took his shoes off and sat down on her bed. Haneul didn’t know why but she slowly crawled over to him and rested her head on his chest.

“Oppa…” Haneul said.

“There, there.. I know that you’re mad but you can’t do this.” Suho said.

“I hate myself, I want to die.” Haneul cried.

Suho pulled her close and patted her back, he moved her hair away from her face.

“Don’t say that, everyone is sad because of you.” Suho said.

“When can I get out of this room?” Haneul asked.

“I talked to Gramps, he will only let you out if you are willing to listen to him.” Suho said.

“Then I’ll rather rot away in this room, then marry Kris.” Haneul said.

“Don’t say that, Kris is a good person.” Suho said.

“No, I don’t believe. He hurts me all the time, none of the other oppas hurt me.” Haneul said.

“Kris cares, he will do anything for you.” Suho said.

“Then ask him if he is willing to not get married. Then will I forgive him.” Haneul said.

“We can’t do that, the wedding invitations were already sent out. Everyone is going to come, you’re wedding is tomorrow already.” Suho said.

“It’s already been a week, I’m so dumb.” Haneul said.

“Don’t say that, we’re going to be happy tomorrow. You’re going to look beautiful tomorrow. All of the oppas will be watching you as you walk down the aisle in her dress, I can’t wait.” Suho said.

“I know but something is stuck on my mind.” Haneul said.

“What is it?” Suho asked.

“Can I talk to Tao, he knows what I want.” Haneul said.

“I’ll go and get Tao, I know how close you two are.” Suho said.

“Thanks oppa.” Haneul said.

“Now go to sleep, when you wake up. Tao will be by your side, he is on a mission right now but he will be back later in the afternoon. It’s still early, sleep.” Suho said.

“Okay.” Haneul said.

Haneul lean down on her bed, Suho pulled the covers over her and tucked her in.

“Sleep tight princess.” Suho said.

 

“Haneul.”

He shook her shoulders lightly, making sure to not harm her. She slowly opened her eyes, she saw Tao smiling at her.

“Tao.” Haneul said.

Haneul sat up and hugged him, she inhaled his scent.

“Are you okay?” Tao asked.

“No, I’m not.” Haneul asid.

She pulled away and motioned him to sit down next to her on the bed. Tao was like her brother, they grew up without a family. They bonded the most and they were like real brothers and sisters.

“What time is it?” Haneul asked.

“It’s almost 7.” Tao said.

“Just another 12 hours and I’ll be walking down the aisle. How I’m going to hate life.” Haneul said.

“Haneul, what's wrong?” Tao ased.

“Can you do me a favor?” Haneul asked.

“What is it?” Tao asked.

“I want you to help me get out of here.” Haneul said.

“I can’t do that, Kris is waiting for the wedding. I know that no matter how much I want to help you, Kris’ parents raised me. I need to do them this favor.” Tao said.

“I know that they raised you, so I’m sorry for doing this.” Haneul said.

“Sorry for...” Tao said.

Haneul hit him on the neck, Tao took it by surprise and the last thing he saw was the sad look on her face. Haneul quickly pulled him onto the bed, she walked over the closet. She pulled out a metal device that was small, she placed it next to the metal band on her leg. It unlocked and came off of her leg, she quickly grabbed it and ran over to Tao. She placed it around his ankle and placed the metal device on it, it locked back up. She grabbed a couple of twist ties from her closet and tied his ankles to the bed frame, then tied his wrist together with three. She covered his mouth with duct tape, then she covered him with the blanket to make it seem like she was sleeping. Haneul placed the device back in place, she grabbed the backpack that she packed the day before. She changed her clothes to all black, she climbed out of the window. She took one last look at Tao who she covered with the blanket, she felt bad but she had to do it.

“I’m sorry Tao, please forgive me.” Haneul said.

She heard the door open, she climbed out of the window and stood on the ledge. She peeked from outside and saw that it was Kris. Kris stood by the door and looked over to who he thought was Haneul, he watched her from the door.

“I’m sorry but please give me this chance, I know that it will take time before you really love me. At least I know that you’re by my side, that’s all that matter. I’m sorry about getting you stuck in your room all week, I promise that when we’re married. I’ll let you do anything you want.” Kris said.

Kris closed the door, Haneul leaned back inside the room. She looked at Tao one last time.

“Goodbye oppa.” Haneul said.

She jumped out off the ledge and into the bushes underneath her, catching herself. She got up and ran to the wall, she jumped over the wall and she was gone in the darkness.

 

Kris got up, he couldn’t sleep at all. He was so nervous about his big day, he quickly got up and showered. He was so quick that he didn’t noticed the white envelope taped outside on his window. He change and left downstairs, grabbing his bag and headed out the door. He drove to the reception, he parked and walked into the church. He was greeted with the rest of Exo, he looked at them.

“Why you guys here all early and where is Tao?” Kris asked.

“Not sure, I asked him where he was going and said that he had to meet with someone.” Sehun said.

“He didn’t come home at all last night.” Luhan said.

“The room was empty when I went to check on him this morning.” Chen said.

“He’s probably on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter