Chapter 25

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beep… Beep… Beep…

 

Haneul slowly opened her eyes, the light was too bright. She quickly brought up her hand to shield the light out. She yell out in pain, her arm felt like it was broken. When her eyes adjusted to the light, she looked down at her arm. It was in a cast and she looked down at her clothes, a hospital gown. She looked up to the window and through the blinds. It was sunny out and she turned her attention back into the room. There were many flower bouquets in vases by the door. She looked back down at her arm and pondered on what happened. She had no idea how she got there or what was going on. A loud thud made her snap out of her thoughts.

“Haneul?”

She quickly turned her head towards the door. Kris stood in the doorway, a basket of flowers by his feet. He came to her side and curled her hair behind her ear. Haneul moved back confused by him. Kris grabbed her shoulders and held her in place. He smiled at her and she gave him a weird look.

“Are you alright, I was so worried.” Kris said.

Haneul looks at him blankly, he stares back at her. Something was off about her and he knew she didn’t like it when he touched her.

“Are you alright?” Kris asked.

Kris removes his hands and moves back away from her. Hanul placed her unharm hand over her chest. She looks at Kris and he stares back confused.

“I don’t know who I am.” She said.

It came out dry and quite but Kris was furious. He grabbed her shoulders and looked into her eyes.

“You’re Haneul! Now stop playing!” Kris yelled.

Haneul yelled and tried to fight back but Kris was too strong for her. Kris pushed her down onto the bed and looked into her eyes. Haneul began crying from Kris putting pressure on her broken arm.

“Excuse me…”

Kris turned around and saw a nurse with wide eyes as she saw what he was doing. Kris let go and Haneul laid there crying. The nurse came to her side and check to see if she was alright. She reached her hand to the button on the wall and held it.

“Hello, what can we do for you?” He asked.

“Can I get Dr. Han, the patient has woke up from coma.” She said.

“Will do.” He replied.

The nurse let the button go and focused on the confused Haneul. She pulled the blanket up to cover Haneul’s body and turn to look at Kris.

“Please leave the room.” She said.

Kris takes a look at Haneul and leaves the room. The nurse tries to comfort Haneul because she was shaking.

“Are you here to hurt me?” Haneul asked.

“No, I’m your nurse. You’ve been unconscious for about two weeks now.” She said.

“Who am I, what happened to me?” Haneul asked.

“The doctor will explain everything.” She said.

“Where will I go?” Haneul asked.

“I need you to take a deep breath and try to calm down.” She said.

Haneul took in a deep breath and let it out. The nurse looked to the door and Dr. Han was holding a folder.

“Dr. Han.” She said.

“How is the patient?” Dr. Han asked.

“She seems to not remember what happened to her.” She said.

“Please take her to my office. We will begin an examination.” Dr. Han said.

“Yes, Doctor.” She said.

Dr. Han left the room and the nurse looked to Haneul.

“Can you walk?” She asked.

“Yes.” Haneul said.

The nurse helped Haneul up from the bed, she reached one hand to the IV stand and pulled it along. Haneul limped but she was fine, she made eye contact with Kris. He stood with his back to the wall right next to the door. Kris grabbed her arm and Haneul shook in fear. The nurse came  and removed his hand, she glared at him.

“I know you worry but please you are scaring her.” She said.

The nurse block him and Kris watched as they slowly made their way down the hall to the doctor’s office. The nurse closed the door and left. Kris kept watched on the door and his phone rung. He saw that it was a video call from Tao. He picked it up and smiled.

“Huan.” Kris said.

Huan was looking back at him and Tao was laying down on his stomach.

“Tao.” Kris said.

Tao smiled and looked to Huan.

“Just calling to see how things are.” Tao said.

“Haneul’s awake.” Kris said.

Tao stole the phone from Huan and looked at Kris through the screen.

“Really, I’ll call the others and will come.” Tao said.

“She just went into the doctor's office, they said something is wrong with her.” Kris said.

“I hope she is alright.” Tao said.

“I know she will be.” Kris said.

“Will be there soon.” Tao said.

“Alright see you guys soon.” Kris said.

Kris hung up and put his phone away. He looked to the office door and wondered what was going on in there.

Haneul sat there and then Dr. Han crossed his arms.

“Please help me.” Haneul said.

“How can I fake your papers.” Dr. Han said.

“I’ll get someone to send you some files.” Haneul said.

“It’s dangerous.” Dr. Han said.

“I know but you have to trust me, I will protect you as long as you don’t speak one word about this incident.” Haneul said.

“Alright then, I’m only doing this because Hyunmoo is my friend.” Dr. Han said.

“Thank you.” Haneul said.

“Let’s do this.” Dr. Han said.

Haneul nodded and Dr. Han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter